Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

oh yea congratz to luongo for beating mclean's single season win record for the nucks at 39 games and counting, in only his first season too! how nonis turn bert into luongo is still a mystery to me lol.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

it'd be funny if it becomes a vancouver tradition to throw bras on the ice. I bet the ppl who sell bras will be delighted to know that it could become a trend, think of all the money they could be making, HAHA.

crosby is first to 100 congratz. even though i want to see the pens go far i think they'll probably make an exit in the first round. and nuks i can see them going to third round max, sry i just dont see that intensity every win is because of luongo, you know he's gonna get tired soon and you can't just depend on your goaltender to win games for you. Only tight games can you expect your goaltender to win it for you.

OMG the oilers are now with 13 guys injured. 3 of them are probable to appear in tonight games, that is the most ridiculous number of injuries i've ever seen for a single team.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    it'd be funny if it becomes a vancouver tradition to throw bras on the ice. I bet the ppl who sell bras will be delighted to know that it could become a trend, think of all the money they could be making, HAHA.

crosby is first to 100 congratz. even though i want to see the pens go far i think they'll probably make an exit in the first round. and nuks i can see them going to third round max, sry i just dont see that intensity every win is because of luongo, you know he's gonna get tired soon and you can't just depend on your goaltender to win games for you. Only tight games can you expect your goaltender to win it for you.

OMG the oilers are now with 13 guys injured. 3 of them are probable to appear in tonight games, that is the most ridiculous number of injuries i've ever seen for a single team.
    Ya, Pens aren't going far. From the 20 or so games I watched, they seem to lose BIG leads everytime they have a big lead. 5-1 Pens? I say how long it will be 5-5
    As for the Oilers, who's gonna be their Star(leader) now?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

star leader? no one, haha they're all either injured or they're our minor players, basically it's WBS penguins as the oilers right now.

13 ppl injured, i expect that list to climb. I think KLowe is faking these injury so we can lose everything and hope we can pull off a first overall.

got this from nhl.com
    MOST POINTS IN PLAYOFFS:

* 382 - Wayne Gretzky, Edmonton, LA, St. Louis, NY Rangers, 122 goals, 260 assists
    * 295 - Mark Messier, Edmonton, NY Rangers, 109 goals, 186 assists
    * 233 - Jari Kurri, Edmonton, LA, NY Rangers, Anaheim, 106 goals, 127 assists
    * 214 - Glenn Anderson, Edm, Tor, NY Rangers, St. Louis, 93 goals, 121 assists
    * 196 - Paul Coffey, Edm, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Det, Phi, Car - 59 goals, 137 assists

MOST GOALS IN PLAYOFFS:

* 122 - Wayne Gretzky, Edmonton, Los Angeles, St. Louis, NY Rangers
    * 109 - Mark Messier, Edmonton, NY Rangers
    * 106 - Jari Kurri, Edmonton, Los Angeles, NY Rangers, Anaheim
    * 100 - Brett Hull, Calgary, St. Louis, Dallas, Detroit
    * 93 - Glenn Anderson, Edmonton, Toronto, NY Rangers, St. Louis

MOST ASSISTS IN PLAYOFFS:

* 260 - Wayne Gretzky, Edmonton, Los Angeles, St. Louis, NY Rangers
    * 186 - Mark Messier, Edmonton, NY Rangers
    * 139 - Ray Bourque, Boston, Colorado
    * 137 - Paul Coffey, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Detroit, Phi
    * 128 - Doug Gilmour, St. Louis, Calgary, Toronto, New Jersey, Buf, Mon

This is why the oilers dynasty can never be matched by any oilers team even if they win more than 5 cups
    Last edited by trizz251; 03-12-07 at 09:37 PM.

haha i heard the edm injuries woes was so bad they have to use peterson on d. no wonder u guys r losing so bad. since the trading deadline u guys have been shutout 3 times and lost all 6 games. i thot smyth had alot to do wif it but it appears dat injuries hurt u guys more. its ironic u post those stats when your oilers r so feeble rite now hehe.

wow crosby had been struggling to get pts lately but still first (by a long shot) to get 100. congrats! its surprising dat ovechkin is so far behind this yr tho. last yr they were neck to neck, but ovy had not been scoring like last yr.

oh and douggilmour, i doubt the pens will be getting 5 goals lead, so u dont have to be worry 4 them

ppl on the oilers msg board last night all wish we lose and we keep losing until we're ranked 30th. i think ppl are thinking that if we lose enough we can pull of the first overall pick.

seems like every game theres another person injured. we only have 5 dman plus peterson, so yeah we're pretty thin in the back end and we can't score and markannen is really sick yet MacT still plays him. Roli is ok but with a defensive core so thin its pretty bad for a goalie.

just wondering, what really happened to ovechkin this year? sophomore slump?

dunno wat happen to ovy. its not like hes playing horrible cuz he still have 40+ goals, but he didnt take dat leap dat crosby took. still a damn good player tho.

as for the oiler tanking, this is the one yr u DONT have to tank, cuz the top 10-15 picks are pretty much all equal. no really great players, but a bunch of decent prospects. u only need to tank when theres a crsoby/ovechkin in the draft, but none of those this yr.

hmmm i guess, considering this draft ain't the strongest but the kids are pretty even which makes some good competition for the calder next season.

who's the first overall is he any good? but then if top 10-15 are pretty much the same the oilers are probably in there somewhere, i hope we're in the top 10 hopefully top 5.

whoa what's with guerin's hat trick a penalty shot with 13secs left to play that is completely unheard of, who in their right mind gives a penalty shot with 13 sec left in the game... and san jose scoring at 20% that is even more ridiculous.

I was gonna say Jon Tavares(breaking all of Gretzky's records) could be a good pick, but then i searched and hes not eligible till 2008
    Well, good luck to ur draft anyway....

travares is crazy good, he mite even be better than crosby wif the stats hes putting up as a 17YO in the OHL. he is a guy whos worth tanking a season for, whoever drafts him will be very lucky.

i've seen many guys expected to go first this season, its pretty much a toss up between 8-10 guys depending on which team draft first. its kinda funny cuz last season ppl were saying how esposito was gonna go first for sure, now hes not even in the top 10 rated prospect. theres also a guy from the BCHL dats pretty highly rated (turris i think), i dont think any player from this league was ever drafted in the first round. i should go watch him play b4 he goes to college next yr.

oh btw, i was at the nucks game on tues, and there were guys outside selling bras for $10! i was tempted to buy one but from where i sit i wont be able to throw it on the ice. lol
    Last edited by superkaratemonkey; 03-16-07 at 02:14 AM.

chek out this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqSMftSKnIg
    its so hilarious!

sykora despite bad play of the oilers want to stay in edmonton, but do you guys think that klowe will sign him or let young guys come in? i say its not a bad idea to sign him, he likes it here so why not? I hope we're not shipping away another guy who likes edmonton. supposedly a lot of players like it here in edmonton but after the pronger incident so many rumours that edmonton is a bad place to play in. it maybe cause the fans are so into hockey it really puts a lot of pressure on the players.

Tavarse is good. but i dont think the oilers will get him, we're not tanking next year, we're gonna supposedly pick up on a lot of UFA. I hope washington gets him, then it'll be a neat rivalry between the pens and caps. or better yet pens get him, now that'll be some sort of dynasty in the building, crosby + tavarse, how do you guys like that?

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    chek out this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqSMftSKnIg
    its so hilarious!
    They were talking about this on the Team1040 so I had to check it out. Whoever made this was very creative. I love it haha.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

assuming sykora dont ask for too much, u should keep him. he had some good chemistry wif hemsky and u need to get him going to do anything next season. im not sure signing a bunch of UFA is the way to go either, great teams dont get built from the free agent markets. and traveres + crosby is just unfair to the rest of the league, imagine the playmaking of crosby and the goal scoring of traveres, gretzky's record will be broken lol.

almo, i heard dat guy did it for the ultimate canuck fan event, and i think theres a very good chance he'll win. i especially like the part on don taylor. oh yea, apparently the guy who made this was the same guy who started the "vote for rory" campaigne.

well there were a lot of stacked teams in the past look at the 80's oilers, or colorado after they traded away lindros when they were still the nordiques.

I dont know what lowe's plans are, but i hope he signs sykora, he likes it here, why not let him stay. i think this losing streak is great for the young forwards but horrible to the defensemen, we're down to 11 guys on IR and we have 5 dman and 2-3 of those dman are all call ups for emergency.

almo, i heard dat guy did it for the ultimate canuck fan event, and i think theres a very good chance he'll win. i especially like the part on don taylor. oh yea, apparently the guy who made this was the same guy who started the "vote for rory" campaigne.
    Wrong. Guy who started "Vote 4 Rory" campaign was a Sabres fan...

Ooh and "Trapper's Delight" Canucks rap is awesome lol definitely Ultimate Canucks fan. I'm voting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7
    Wrong. Guy who started "Vote 4 Rory" campaign was a Sabres fan...

Ooh and "Trapper's Delight" Canucks rap is awesome lol definitely Ultimate Canucks fan. I'm voting for it.
    actually the 'vote 4 rory' campaign was started by a poster at HFboards.com, his user name is MaximAfinogenov and hes a nucks/sabres fan. he lives in vancouver but his fav player is, obviously, afinogenov, so ppl mistaken him for a sabre fan and sabre fan only.

trizz, nucks play oilers tonite, i hope u guys dont have anymore injuries, but i hope u'll lose to us

actually the 'vote 4 rory' campaign was started by a poster at HFboards.com, his user name is MaximAfinogenov and hes a nucks/sabres fan. he lives in vancouver but his fav player is, obviously, afinogenov, so ppl mistaken him for a sabre fan and sabre fan only.

trizz, nucks play oilers tonite, i hope u guys dont have anymore injuries, but i hope u'll lose to us
    I'm kinda worried, I don't see the oilers losing 11 straight.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

i too dont see the oilers losing 11 straight, i see them losing more than that, haha. quite frankly, this is an AHL team playing in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    i too dont see the oilers losing 11 straight, i see them losing more than that, haha. quite frankly, this is an AHL team playing in the NHL.
    haha, i cant see the oilers winning another game this season. dont get me wrong, they played the nucks really tough, but theres just too much injuries for u guys to compete at this level, and its not like u guys r lighting the league up b4 the injuries anyways. honestly, i've been making some good money off the oilers misery lately, betting on sports action against the oilers rite now is as close to guarantee money as u can ever get haha.