Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

Well the playoffs is all about that one last grind. so its really not about who plays the best or who is more well rested, its about who can give it that extra push to do the little things for the cup. that's why calgary is meh right now. i want to see how they do at home cause they got an unbelievable home record compared to their road record.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

i wonder if calgary just tune out their coach. i mean, how do u explain the lack of intensity and physcial play for a flames team dat was known to be a gritty, hard working team? rite now it looks like naslund is a better leader than iginla, and dats a bad sign for the flames. the team cant win on the road is another sign dat the coach is not doing his job. to be outshot so badly in the first 2 games, especially when the teams (on paper) r so evenly matched, is unacceptable. mabbe sutter should can playfair rite now and step behind the bench himself.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

well guess calgary can ONLY win at home. and rangers with a shut out 7-0 win that is just ridiculous i have never seen such an inflated score in the playoffs, well other than those couple games ottawa played against the islanders last season. but still that's quite a feet by the rangers.

i also can't believe how the ducks can't finish off the wilds and finally my last comment of the day b4 i retire to bed and then get killed tomorrow on my chemistry final. GO NUKS GO!!

Im sorry, being a Leafs fan, I hate Sens fan being happy!

Pittsburgh just didn't have the D to compete this year. They were giving away chances left and right in their own zone. Sigh.

Yippee! Flames are back in the series now!! It's like they got some life back again in the last 2 games. Yeah, Flames are definitely way better as a home team. Part of it is really the Saddledome crowd. It was amazing listening on the radio how loud the fans were. I'm sure it really revved up the team. Detroit definitely was a little irked in game 4... didn't have enough discipline and gave the Flames a couple of two-man advantage. In the playoffs, it's things like that that will make or break a team.

Now, the Flames just have to keep that momentum going into Game 5. They've got to win at least one game in Detroit in order to take the series. Go Flames go!!

lol, actually, I hate Flames fans too. I hope they lose horribly!

Being an oilers fan its my sole responsibility to not cheer for calgary, being a hockey fan i think calgary is a good team but hey odds stacked against them, so yeah i think they're not gonna make it, plus flame fans aren't as good as fans here. Yes we are harsh on our players but almost everyone here knows quite a bit about hockey and even during your LONG LONG losing streak at the end of the season we still sold out our home games!

i am alittle conflicted between cheering for the flames or against them. on the one hand, i hate them so much, so i want them to lose. on the other hand, i dont wanna play the ducks in the 2nd round, so if the flames win we can avoid anaheim for another round.
    but i dont wanna get ahead of myself here. first we have to finish off the stars, then we'll worry about wat ever happens. i feel bad for luongo, he play shutout hockey for 65+mins and STILL LOSE! if we score a goal in a playoff game we win. bobby lu is playin un-freaking-believable, too bad the PP suck so bad rite now, or else w/ this kinda goaltending we could've won by now.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    Being an oilers fan its my sole responsibility to not cheer for calgary, being a hockey fan i think calgary is a good team but hey odds stacked against them, so yeah i think they're not gonna make it, plus flame fans aren't as good as fans here. Yes we are harsh on our players but almost everyone here knows quite a bit about hockey and even during your LONG LONG losing streak at the end of the season we still sold out our home games!
    LOL. True fan. I remember seeing the news showing Flame fans switching to Oiler fans during last year's playoff run. Some of the Flames' fans apparently crossed out(x'ed) their Flames' flags on their cars and had Oilers' flags instead.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

i remember the calgary cup run. It was the first time i've seen a canadian team in the finals, one hand i wanted them to win and bring the cup home and on the other hand i dont want calgary to win. so how i made my decision who to cheer for was which team i thought deserved to win it more. then cherry came out and said so much about lecavalier that it made him look like a god, so i ended up cheering for calgary, i was shuned a bit by friends, cause they all cheered for tampa. in fact i think most of the city cheered for tampa that's how much hate the oil fans have for flames. and sold out crowd every game... that is truely magnificient. we're getting a new building supposedly the ownership group is trying to build their own building.

Go Flames Go! Go Flames Go! Go Flames Go! Back home farming...sorry had to make a joke on them. No offense. What a stupid move by Jamie though. Playfair hooked Kiprusoff to give him some time to rest up for tomorrow's game and to avoid potential injuries. But what an idiotic move. Sure Franzen "accidentally" hit him across the face with a stick and he had no idea. The fact was he initiated it by being a lumberjack and chopping at him first. Hamrlik comes over and hooks his stick into McLennan. Then he gets up and waits for Franzen to turn around before chopping him below the waist. Give this guy a suspension...though I doubt that the Flames even care.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

Flames got bonked today

But my hockey pool has been doing great this year
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I thought that was pretty funny how mclennan tried to like kill someone, just watching it the first time was funny, then after that i was like man this guy is crazy.

well my hockey pool with my friends ain't going great now, if calgary keeps up losing then i'll lose that one and lets hope the nuks dont choke, oh well its just 5 bucks.

Our draft is like $20 but the winning wins like 50% of the pool so is not bad.

Ya I hope the Nuks don't choke... they have Stars on the rope... they just need the killer instinct to just finish the job. I just hate the Stars...

On the side note: I hope Flames bounce back. I just love watching them and Oilers play. They work really hard and you got to root for them.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Flames ousted! Woopieee! Actually, I wanted them to advance so the Nucks can get revenge for 2004. However, with the way things are going, it might not be possible for the Nucks to get by the Stars......................, which means it's good for the Flames to get eliminated first. At least, we'll be the 9th team left instead of the 10th.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

I'm in mourning.

well my prediction on the wings/flames series was way off. no way did i thot the notorious playoff choker (datsyuk/bertuzzi) would play well, while the known playoff warrior (iggy/conroy) would struggle so much. i dunno wat it is dat the wings does, but they just whooped the flames and it was never close.
    well its just over 1 hr till the nucks game, lets hope they redeem themselves. its great to have luongo in net, but im still nervous about our chances. im a naslund fan, but cant help but to feel his leadership skill is lacking. i mean, in the 7 yrs (6 seasons) hes captain, we miss the playoff once, yet we only won 1 series. we had great teams too, but somehow we cant get over the hump. if we win tonite game all will be forgotten im sure, but if we lose again the the 1st round nazzy will have some tough questions to answer.

Default Flames blow it!

There should be a performance clause for all players in order for them to get their full pay cheque. Damned prima donnas.

LINDEN!!!!!!
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

BURE!!!!!!