Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

yeah i heard the PC and PS2 ppl get shafted pretty badly, that's us, i'm the PC dude and you're the PS2 dude. well i'm not buying my copy so you probably know where its coming from. well at least i can wait for programs to mod my game to fix the rosters and make the jerseys and rink look nicer a bit. but yeah i heard same as 07 and 06 what a rip off. good thing i haven't bought any since 02, HAHA which is like 6 years ago....

our training camp just started and our first game is on monday, man i think we're gonna get killed so badly what a waste of those three picks for penner we should have just got ourselves killled and pick up some good players with high picks. at least all the other canadian teams aren't in so much crap as we are...

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    yeah i heard the PC and PS2 ppl get shafted pretty badly, that's us, i'm the PC dude and you're the PS2 dude. well i'm not buying my copy so you probably know where its coming from. well at least i can wait for programs to mod my game to fix the rosters and make the jerseys and rink look nicer a bit. but yeah i heard same as 07 and 06 what a rip off. good thing i haven't bought any since 02, HAHA which is like 6 years ago....

our training camp just started and our first game is on monday, man i think we're gonna get killed so badly what a waste of those three picks for penner we should have just got ourselves killled and pick up some good players with high picks. at least all the other canadian teams aren't in so much crap as we are...
    im sure dat will get lowe fired pretty quickly, dats y hes not doing dat. sucks for morale if u go into the season expecting to finish in the bottom.
    anyways, nucks got a game on monday too, cant wait, dats when u know hockey season is back! woohoo!

What's up with PS3? They're expensive as hell and they don't really have too many games on the market. I'm glad I never bought one. I heard a long time ago that Dynaster Warriors 6, Xeno Saga, Final Fantasy, and all the hyped up games were going to be in this system. After the low sales, I doubt Sony would release those games on PS3. It's still better to have a PS2. Too bad, I sold mine. I know they're still coming out with games for the PS2. Anyway, I think NHL 08 will be on both the PS2 and PS3.

As for the hockey season coming up... go Nucks go!!! but, I have no tv and internet till next week. Damn, laptops are getting cheaper (cause of the strong Canadian $), it's tempting me to buy a brand new one. But, I think I'll wait till Christmas. Even though I won't have a tv, I'm still going to watch live hockey using whatever P2P programs that'll let me.
    No longer walking amongst the living...

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

well that's true no team wants to go into the season expecting to finish last. anson carter has been invited for a pro try out, i wonder how he will fit if he does come back...

those new jerseys make players look ridulously skinny, i never remembered seeing this in the all star game. i need to get an oilers jersey
    Last edited by trizz251; 09-17-07 at 12:12 AM.

ps3 is still relatively new, so u cant expect them to have hundreds of games already. plus they have lots more competition now than ps or even ps2 had. lots of games developers r spending their resource on wii and xbox360. but i think FF will stay w/ ps forever, its ps's main attraction so im sure they'll do watever it takes to keep them. i think the reason ps3 isnt so popular yet is becuz not everybody have hdtv. once dat becomes common, ps3 will be in higher demand.
    funny u wanna buy a laptop, cuz i was thinkin the same thing. mabbe we can check to see if theres any buy 1 get 1 free dealy eh? lol.

im disappointed dat nonis didnt invite carter for a tryout. mabbe nonis didnt want him back after the way he left? but carter is wat we need (and can afford) rite now. oh well, wost comes to worst we just sign some guy like kolnik or something. or mabbe we r saving up cap space for forsberg!! muhahaha.
    dammit, isbister injured luongo w/ a shot, salo hurt his wrist, linden pulled a groin. b4 we even played a game we r already hit w/ the injury bug! lets hope we get dat over w/ and have a healthy season.

I agree with the competition part for PS3, but I don't agree with the relatively new part. The only reason why PS3 is so expensive is beacuse of the blue ray it's got. Blue ray is still a relatively new & expensive technology and not many people or even department stores carries blue ray discs. I've yet to see a computer with a blue ray drive to sell less than $2,300.

Anyway, the Wii is outselling both XBox 360 and PS3 at a 3-1 ratio. Main reason, low costs. Even when I bought my PS2 (a year after it came out), I thought it was a little expensive at around $200. Now, with PS3, it's way more than double that. When it first came out, it sold like hot cakes, but that's only because of "it's brand new so must have one, but after a year or so, sales have stagnated. The same can not be said about PS2 or even the old Xbox. Both of those systems sold well even long after it came out. Anyway, I will never buy a PS3 at that price (unless I win the lottery) cause it's just not worth it. Like you said, there's so much competition, why make the system so expensive then.

I'm also disappointed that A. Carter didn't get an invite for a try out. He would at most only command a $1 mill / per season because of what happened to him with the Blue Jackets. But, I'll be more disappointed if Nonis didn't even try to court Foppa into coming to Van City. Even if we can use him for just the playoffs, it'll be enough. We won't need cap space for him as he'll probably be injure 90% of the season anyway.
    No longer walking amongst the living...

i will buy a ps3 when good games come out and right now, i'm waiting for the remake of ff3, GASP i was too busy listening to the game to reply on here, GO OIL GO even though we're currently down 4-3 brodziak is gonna make the lineup, so is nilsson, gagner maybe schremp possibly if they all make it whoa we have an all rookie team...

haha isibiter scored w/ 2 secs left and the nucks beat down the coilers! let the trash talkin begin i didnt watch the game, but i heard tommy and shorty (nucks radio guys) said some of our youngster played pretty good. kesler really took his offensive game to another lvl. grabner and raymond have nhl speed and showed they can finished too. edler played great, and hensen was the best of them all b4 he broke his thumb. for once the future of the nucks is looking bright. the only concern is bourdon, who still looks dumb as a log (according to ppl who saw him play in preseason).

cloutier was waived. cant believe we got 2 2nd round picks for him! nice trade nonis, replacing clouts and auld w/ luongo. haha carter got concussed. mabbe nonis can see into the future dats y he didnt give him a tryout . anyways i dont mean to laugh at him, i hope he gets well soon and plays for the coilers, i just find it ironic how so many ex-nucks are doing so badly.

i think the reason wii is outselling the other 2 console so badly is becuz of the novelty. never b4 can a game duplicate the motion of the player. lots of adults play wii whereas they wouldnt even try to play xbox or ps. kids loves the cutesy games. its basically appeal to all age group, unlike the other 2. also i tink ps3 is cheaper now isnt it? i was told a month ago to buy it cuz its like $380, i think it was for the older model (they were coming out w/ a model w/ more harddrive space) so dats not much more than a wii.

correction my dear oiler bashing nuck friend, the PS3 is still selling at 549.99, the price barely dropped. the only reason why i would ever consider it cheap is because of the blue ray drive. blue ray players cost at least 1k and with a PS3 you're paying way less for a blue ray player. in the end PS3 sux for now, until they can bring the price down to like 300 then i'll consider buying one, other than that PS3 can go die.

WE BEAT FLAMES 5-4, nilsson and broziak i bet those guys are making the lineup, and this line is on fire penner-gagner-hemsky, they've basically out muscle with penner, out with with hemsky and out score with gagner, CRAZY!!!! and our second line of torres-stoll-nilsson is on fire too, i think its almost time to say good bye to horcoff cause broziak is doing awesome too.

hey how do you clean laptop keyboard? theres dust under my keys....

i want a pen jersey, is there a buy one get one free combo in nukville?

theres no buy one get one free dealy here in van for jersey, and as far as i know there arent any out there at all. i have the pens crosby jersey dat u can buy off me if u want . wat name u want on your jersey? i want the new canada red jersey, the one they wore at the super series in van. those look really good up close too.

my friend told me future shop was selling the 60gb ps3 for $380ish cuz they were pushing out the 80gb ones, but i guess he was wrong. i almost bought it. it was either a mod wii, ps3 or a laptop. i dunno y i chose the laptop haha. not sure how to clean the keyboard either, i'll find out 4u tho.

i heard the torres line was great, im excited to see stoll this season, i think he'll break out as a good 2nd line center, then vancouver will sign him to an offer sheet muhhaha. i guess gagne is making the team for sure now eh?

stoll wants to stay in edmonton supposedly, and we're grooming him to be our next captain so yeah he's staying. lots of old ppl are saying that gagner won't make it so is cogliano and schremp. so i dont know what is going on. i guess i'll wait, this is like the first year i remember that the oilers have that many high profile prospects coming up.

really vancity don't have buy 1 get 1 free. i thought stuff were a bit cheaper there? oh wells, hah i'll see if i can find some buy 1 get 1 free. all i know is that the old jerseys not rbk edge jerseys are all on sale for 70. so thats pretty good. oh yeah theres a catch minus IIHF and vintage stuff. but all the good jerseys got loot, i ended up with an edmonton third jersey, and theres a original nuks jersey, LIKE ORIGINAL, i guess they misplaced it there, cause it belongs in the vintage pile. i was looking for pens, they didn't have any.

well im not surprise dat stoll says he wanna stay in edm, not many players will come out and say they dont wanna stay, ie pronger. like all young players, i expect ihm to go where the money is. if edm wanna keep him, they'll have to pony up the dough. i read on other forums dat schremp isnt ready, and gagne is playing well. but i dunno wats going on either. i guess gagne can benefit from one more yr in chl.

is this your first jersey? ru putting any name on it?

wirtz died today. owner of chicago blackhawks, he owned it for over 50 yrs. he didnt run the team very well and kept all the home games off tv, which is kinda stupid. but its always sucky to have somebody passed away, i heard he does alot of charity works. RIP

no its not my first jersey, just that it was such a good deal i felt that i had to get it, or it wouldn't be good, haha, can't give up on hockey jerseys now can we?

our pp sounds pretty nice, apparently its pitkanen who's controlling the point and souray just blows it straight at the goalie. unless it hits someone or something, all of souray's shot goes straight to the net, he is pretty good. pitkanen and souray makes up for more than one pronger in my mind. someone is gonna blast me for that statement but its true.

man the nuks jersey is disgusting, nuks need new designers...

tough game tonite, but it was very entertaining. i hope roy is ok, never like to see a player leave on a stretcher. i cant really blame rypien for the hit, he couldnt have stop going so fast, and he didnt expect roy to turn like dat. anyways, best wishes to roy, i hope hes ok but dat look really scary.
    nilsson and cogoliano looks FAST! and they have good offensive skill. if they play on the same line, nilsson will set up cogoliano for lots of goals. luongo robbed cogoliano on dat huge glove save tho haha. i was also quite impressed w/ hemsky, seems like hes more assertive this season. and he got a really heavy shot too, should use dat more often.
    the sedins once again owned roloson. the passing for the raymond and shannon goals were just sick. i especially enjoyed the shannon goal, where smid lied on the ice and danny somehow slid it under his arm pit, and after the goal, smid just lies there like he gave up. very satisfying to watch ahha. suprised dat souray and pitkanen wasnt playing tho. but those 2 dont add up to pronger imo. souray will score u 20 but cost u 40 on the other end. pitkenan is still too inconsistant for replace pronger.
    lastly, im glad downey got 20 games for the hit. i thot it was very dangerous and dirty. its good dat the nhl step in now and suspend him, hopefully dat will be the end of it, and not have another bertuzzi/moore incident on our hand.

did see any of the hits last week, too busy doing hw, haha.

gagne made the team i think, which means one of our centres are gonna get cut, i dont know who. moreau is now captain... stoll, hemsky, horcoff and staios got A's

WHAT!?!?! smid got reassigned to AHL.... wonder what is going on with our defense. SMID is great.... well at least we don't have as much troubles a the nuks. are all the final rosters out already? i wonder how many new faces are there for the nuks?

smid got sent down? y? i thot he got a spot locked up, specially since the oilers d looks weak.
    damn, oilers are 2-0, and the nucks looks like they r gonna be 0-2.

all i have to say is our offense doesn't look to shabby, and our dmen aren't that bad at all. we can make those disgusting long lead passes and then our young guys like gagner and cogliano just fly away. its awesome, haha

i'm seeing so much CLEARANCE racks for jerseys, not rbk edge ones, it seems like everyone is trying hard to get rid of them, lets see if i can get lucky and find a nuk one, haha!! someone misplaced a vintage winnipeg jet jersey and my friend took it b4 anyone saw it, its like crazy up here, jerseys are getting cheap, aha well the old ones.

lol, good time to load up on jerseys eh? i guess they have to get rid of all those old ones to give room for the slim line ones. i dont like the new rbk jerseys, but i love alot of the new designs. i just saw the tampa one and it looks better, the flames ones are good too (altho i dont get the alberta shoulder patch, since theres another team in dat province).

i still cant get over the fact smid got sent down. did he really play dat bad in preseason? i mean, hes gotta be better than tarnstrom and grebresov (or watever his name is) rite? hows nilsson and cogliano doing? our rookies are not too well. raymond got an assist in his first game, but wasnt very dangerous otherwise. shannon got a goal but missed 4 open net chances. nazzy is having a decent couple games so far, which is a good sign.

Banned

just so you know, i'm a big fan of any sports. I like hockey too. BUt never played it before.

nilsson is doing fine, he got some assists, cogliano is a point per game so far, and gagner got a couple assist too. I think lowe wants to keep greshbekov because we traded bergeron for him and he has to clear waivers to get down there. We also want to keep tarnstrom cause defensively and offensively he's a "verteran" Smid lost his job to gilbert who amazed everyone during the preseason. I kinda forsaw this problem and thought gilbert or roy would be the last man out. Oh yeah mathieu roy is up here with us, if he didn't get injured, rumors have it he was gonna be traded and smid would not be in the minors.

naslund is doing really well this year, i thought he would start slumping like a lot of guys, guess he got his form back which is good for you guys. you guys really need a second line...