Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

YES and NO leafs got killed but by the likes of the canes, well this is for you monkey, its your IDOL!!!

GUESS WHO

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

wat we need now is a rebound game like the leafs had, getting spank 8-2 is one thing, but if a team isnt tough enuff to come back strong next game, they are in trouble. therefore edm is gonna "get it" from us tmr (i hope). we seriously didnt play too badly the first 1.5 period against philly, but we made some HUGE mistakes which the flyers capitalize on, and after luongo was pulled it was game over. i know its unfair for sanford since he came in cold, but i wish he made dat first save on his first shot, we really needed dat one and he kinda let a softy in.
    naslund looks bad against the sharks, great against flames, and horrible against the flyers, hes too inconsistent to get a read on rite now. doesnt help dat his linemates so far are useless 5-on-5. morrisons been horrible, shannons so bad defensively he got sent down today dispite leadin our team in goals. oh well, hopefully we hit rock bottom already, cuz if it get worst we'd mite as well gut our team and start from scretch (its premature i know, im just saying if this keeps up).

i picked up coglinano in one of my pool, hope he doesnt let me down

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    YES and NO leafs got killed but by the likes of the canes, well this is for you monkey, its your IDOL!!!

GUESS WHO
    heh, im really looking forward to her cd. honestly while her voice sounds cute, she needs lots of work on her singing. but either way i'll support her 110% .
    i didnt know she plays so many music instrucments too. very talented indeed. i also just watched bar bender (yea yea i know its old, i dont have fairchild ) and shes gorgerous! damn, i wish i can meet her.

Hey! all....

I dont know ish about hockey....i need 7 players from east and 7 players from west(need one goalie from each side as well for some reason) most points accumulated by the end of the season wins me the pool(no playoffs)....any suggestions? tryin 2 get as much info as possible before next sat(cut off)......

thanks!
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

I'm not too good with pools, might want to ask monkey, but my suggestion for the east, cause i dont really know what to do with the west

Goalie -- brodeur (he's been proven to be quite good year in and year out)
    forwards -- heatley, comrie and crosby (watch out for crosby his +/- might not be what you want for a pool)
    defense -- mesaroz (i personally like this guy, i remember his rookie year his +/- was the top of the league) and maybe markov

HEY MONKEY...

we got beat by you guys.... revenge tonight.. this is sad how do we put up so many shots, and get away with nothing. i wouldn't put cogliano in my pool IMO. jacque and nilsson are down in the AHL and schremp is up, i hope he scores or do something good, and why is moreau still out.... DAMM
    and DAMM burrows and rhypeir, where did they come from....

I only have 2 songs from Leila, one was good one was bad, how many songs does she have ne ways?

Wow, your team's revenge looked really bad tonight. I'll tell you what though. I love enjoy beating up the Flames more than you guys. I can see the saddledome right from my apartment's balcony and when the Nucks beat them in OT last week, I was like... Woohoo, I get to watch sad Flames fans drive home.

Btw, the Oilers seem like they always get owned by the Sedins. It seems like the Sedins don't want to give up the puck against your Oilers. They remind me of the Globetrotters on ice (when they play the Oilers). That PP was so awesome. They never let the Oilers touched the puck once and the Oil actually killed the penalty, but still gave up the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    Hey! all....

I dont know ish about hockey....i need 7 players from east and 7 players from west(need one goalie from each side as well for some reason) most points accumulated by the end of the season wins me the pool(no playoffs)....any suggestions? tryin 2 get as much info as possible before next sat(cut off)......

thanks!
    If I were you, I would look at the last few seasons leading NHL scorers on nhl.com or hockeydb.com Just look at the stats section - leading scorers and then pick the season. But one thing is for sure, you might want to take Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, & Jgar from the East (add Heatley, Spezza & Kovalchuk). From the West, it's a bit harder, but Iginla & Sakic would be up there. If Forsberg was playing, then him too, but then again, the guy is made out of glass so I wouldn't really touch him unless it's the playoffs. Btw, Statsny actually looks pretty good for the Avs right now. Of course, to be a homer, both Daniel and Henrik Sedin might most likely finish in top 10 in scoring.... for the Western Conference anyway....

edit - I didn't see your goalie part. From the East, I would pick whoever the Peng's goalie (Fleury) is cause that team looks damn offensive and I wouldn't be surprise if their goalie picks up a few points here and there. But, if you're looking for a goalie who'll be good at goaltending, then it's Brodeur from the East.

From the West, I would've picked Marty Turco cause of what I saw him do in the playoffs against the Nucks. The guy is a demon handling the puck. Then again, Loungo (can never spell his name right) does already have 2 points and it's only 6 games in. Of course, if you're picking best goalie for goaltening for the West, then it's Loungo.
    Last edited by Bai Qi44; 10-14-07 at 01:23 AM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    Hey! all....

thanks!
    if its just points than i will go with
    -east- crosby, jagr, heatley, for sure, than its up to u to pick 3 more from the list of alfredsson, spezza, overchkin, hossa, jokinen, lecavalier, st louis, briere, eric staal and savard. for goalie brodeur will get u the most assists (and an occasional goal)
    -west- joe thornton is the only gaurantee, but some of the players u mite consider are sakic, statsny, iginla, sedins, gaborik, cammalleri, zetterberg, datsyuk, nash, marleau, kopitar, lidstrom. for goalie, turco and hasek likes to play the puck, they mite get u some assists.

hope it helps. good luck

HEY MONKEY...

we got beat by you guys.... revenge tonight.. this is sad how do we put up so many shots, and get away with nothing. i wouldn't put cogliano in my pool IMO. jacque and nilsson are down in the AHL and schremp is up, i hope he scores or do something good, and why is moreau still out.... DAMM
    and DAMM burrows and rhypeir, where did they come from....

I only have 2 songs from Leila, one was good one was bad, how many songs does she have ne ways?
    edm is exactly wat we need to get out of a slump, u guys r great! lol. i think shots total against van is very misleading, Vino wats the other team to take shots from the perimeter, luongo will stop those all day. our forwards collapse to the front to block passing lanes and take away good scoring chances. dats y most teams at the end of the game end up w/ 30+ shots on luongo and wonder y they get shut out.
    cogliano did ok tonite, scored a shorty, those are valuable. i really thot nilsson would make an impact this season, but i guess not. greene and gilbert are crap, u guys need to bring up smid. pitkanen is also not very good. schremp was also very invisible. stolls only good for faceoff. horcorf cant make plays, and hemsky refuse to shoot still. your offenses too predictable sometimes.
    the reason the twins tear u guys apart all the time is becuz u dont have a dominant/smart dman to break down their cycle. u need either a physical dman w/ a long reach (ex: pronger) or a smart savvy vet (ex: zubov) to contain the sedins. if u dont get one of those soon, edm mite not win a game against the nucks this yr.
    well thx edm again for the 4 pts this wk end, not to mention another win for the lions, which almost gaurantee us the conference title edm is so generous haha

ps: rite now leila have 2 songs.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey View Post
    if its just points than i will go with
    -east- crosby, jagr, heatley, for sure, than its up to u to pick 3 more from the list of alfredsson, spezza, overchkin, hossa, jokinen, lecavalier, st louis, briere, eric staal and savard. for goalie brodeur will get u the most assists (and an occasional goal)
    -west- joe thornton is the only gaurantee, but some of the players u mite consider are sakic, statsny, iginla, sedins, gaborik, cammalleri, zetterberg, datsyuk, nash, marleau, kopitar, lidstrom. for goalie, turco and hasek likes to play the puck, they mite get u some assists.

hope it helps. good luck
    How could I forget about Thornton. Yes, he should definitely finish top 10 in scoring. Btw, I know Gaborik's a good player, but he does get injure a lot so I wouldn't really want him on my top 7 scorers pool for the West. As for the Tampa boys and Savard, I would stay away from them also. Lecavalier proved for the first time ever (last season) that he could be consistent, but can he prove he can be consistent on a yearly basis? As for St. Louis and Savard, I wouldn't pick them either. I would also stay away from Kopitar. It's not because I think he's a bad player, it's because I think he's on a bad team without much support. I like Staal. I know he had an off season last year, but he should bounce back well.

Btw, if you pick Thornton, you might as well take Cheechoo as he'll get set up a lot.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    How could I forget about Thornton. Yes, he should definitely finish top 10 in scoring. Btw, I know Gaborik's a good player, but he does get injure a lot so I wouldn't really want him on my top 7 scorers pool for the West. As for the Tampa boys and Savard, I would stay away from them also. Lecavalier proved for the first time ever (last season) that he could be consistent, but can he prove he can be consistent on a yearly basis? As for St. Louis and Savard, I wouldn't pick them either. I would also stay away from Kopitar. It's not because I think he's a bad player, it's because I think he's on a bad team without much support. I like Staal. I know he had an off season last year, but he should bounce back well.

Btw, if you pick Thornton, you might as well take Cheechoo as he'll get set up a lot.
    gabby is a risky player for sure, its a chance u can take if u think he'll finally be healthy, which is possible. when hes healthy hes a lock for 45+ goals. last yr he played only 50 or so games but scored 39 goals.
    i dunno, i have faith in the tampa boys. st louis had been mvp and seems to be a consistent point getter over the last few yrs, and w/ lecavalier, they seem to have a special chemisty. i think 90+ pts for those guys is a gimme, specially w/ the lack of depth they have in tampa.
    savards pretty underrated. since playing w/ kovalchuk hes always top 10 in assists and near the top in pts. one could argue he help kovalchuk more than kovalchuk help him, when u look at the goals total for ilya w/ and w/o savard. marc will kill u in +/-, but strictly for pts hes a bluechipper.
    kopitar is also risky, but w/ all the talent for LA i think he'd be able to pick up some pts.
    i picked cheechoo as well, thinking he'll bounce back playing w/ big joe. but so far hes been a disappointment. until tonite he was pointless in 5 games, and was dropped from thornton's line and the top unit PP. but shark fans think he'll pick it up soon (he is recovering from an injury), so we'll see.

thx for the help every1...im gonna copy u post email 2 friend and see wat he thinks draw out a team and hopefully win that money
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Monkey, I just noticed your pick of Nash. I think that's a horrible pick. It'll be good for a later round pick, but the guy has never scored more than 57 points in the NHL. He's on a terrible team and the guy does get injure here and now too.

Btw, Cheechoo started out slow last season too, but fiinished strong (he still didn't make a point a game average like he did the season before). But you know, Thornton will be setting him up a lot. I would also stay away from Naslund just cause his deadly wrist shot (his bread and butter for years) has been dead since 2004. The guy's still a good player, but not the superstar he used to be and sadly, I doubt he'll ever come close to his over a point a game average again.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

dont pick gaborik and kolvachuk, i would rather go for havlat over gaborik. or better yet pick guys like GEZTLAF (in memory of kiss when she was still on this board), statsy or kunitz, they seem to be doing quite well.

yeah the oilers, not very good at all. to me they look like a skilled individuals but i guess we're back to like olympics, you can't shove a bunch of skilled guys on one team and hope they do well. I guess our team needs some time to mold, theres like at least 10 guys who weren't on this team last year. but kudos to the nuks they look like the division champs from last season, they're playing really well. I just thought we should have had a couple of those shots on goal. oh well its luongo.

I personally thought schremp was ok for his second game in the big leagues. he got a couple shots and they seem to be able to find him on the ice a couple times that night.

Agree with baiqi, stay away from nash, he's either not ready or overrated and naslund... theres better guys out there.

leila only has two songs, guess i have them both but where did i put them on my com...

nash is based solely on potential. remember this is a guy dat won the rocket richard trophy as a 19 YO. i wouldnt pick him top 7 in the west, but i put his name out there just becuz he could breakout this year.
    naslunds ceiling nowadays is 70pts IMO. i think his shot is back somewhat, but w/o bertuzzi he doesnt have the time to load it up. if u watch naslund from the last couple seasons, its not dat he doesnt shoot, but most of his shots are tip out of play by opposing dmen. i think nazzy really need somebody to create time and space for him to be successful.
    trizz, if there is a player more injury prone than gaborik, its havlat. dat guy got hurt 1st game this season pushing a guy. i wouldnt pick him top 7, altho he does have mad skill. kovalchuk will get u lots of goals, dats a given. getzlaf and kunitz are good nhl player, but bad fantasy picks, they bring alot of intangibles dat doesnt show up on the scoresheet.
    the west is really hard to pick, but a dark horse to keep an eye on is rolston. he got a bullet of a shot and is a UFA at the end of the yr. probably shouldnt be a top 7 pick, but just throwing it out there.

yeah the oilers, not very good at all. to me they look like a skilled individuals but i guess we're back to like olympics, you can't shove a bunch of skilled guys on one team and hope they do well. I guess our team needs some time to mold, theres like at least 10 guys who weren't on this team last year. but kudos to the nuks they look like the division champs from last season, they're playing really well. I just thought we should have had a couple of those shots on goal. oh well its luongo.

I personally thought schremp was ok for his second game in the big leagues. he got a couple shots and they seem to be able to find him on the ice a couple times that night.

Agree with baiqi, stay away from nash, he's either not ready or overrated and naslund... theres better guys out there.

leila only has two songs, guess i have them both but where did i put them on my com...
    and now souray is gone w/ a seperated shoulder...lol. bad things just keep happening to the oilers, i love it! lol jkjk, sorry. i think the oilers have more problems than just chemistry. i think their goaltending is below avg, their d lack poise/control, and their forwards doesnt backcheck well enuff. i dont c them making the playoff this season. bright future tho.

i have both leila songs on MV, but not the mp3, if u find it plz send it over

Just a comment on Nash. I hate it when people keep mentioning his Rocket Richard trophy. The guy scored 41 goals to win it and he tied two other guys on top of that. The last time someone finish first in goals scored in the NHL with that few goals was back in the 60's. 41 goals is a horrible finish to win the goal scoring title. 41 goals isn't bad for a skilled player, but 50 is usually the measuring stick for a superstar. I can also say Naslund and Bertuzzi scored 48 and 46 goals before, but didn't ever win any Rocket Richard trophy. Yet, they scored more goals than Nash ever did in any one season.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

doesnt matter how many he scored, as long as he won the rocket richard trophy, he was the league leader in goals. not his fault dat he played in the dead-puck era, not his fault the rest of the league sucked. he was the best among all goal scorer dat one yr, dats quite an accomplishment. its like comparing rob brown's 49 goals season in the last 80s to nash and say brown is better, doesnt work dat way, just like u cant discount iginla or kovalchuck accomplishment dat yr too.

League leader in goals with only 41 is pathetic. Dead puck era or not, the season beforem he scored 41 goals to win that title looked like this for goal scorers:

1 Milan Hejduk, COL RW 82 50 48 98 52 32 19:50 244 20.5 18 17 0 0
    2 Markus Naslund, VAN LW 82 48 56 104 6 52 19:48 294 16.3 24 30 0 0
    3 Todd Bertuzzi, VAN RW 82 46 51 97 2 144 20:28 243 18.9 25 17 0 0
    4 Marian Hossa, OTT RW 80 45 35 80 8 34 18:27 229 19.7 14 19 0 0
    5 Glen Murray, BOS RW 82 44 48 92 9 64 22:10 331 13.3 12 16 0 1
    6 Dany Heatley, ATL RW 77 41 48 89 -8 58 21:57 252 16.3 19 20 1 0

The season after looked like this:

1 J. Cheechoo, SJ RW 82 56 37 93 23 58 19:57 317 17.7 24 17 2 0
    2 Jaromir Jagr, NYR RW 82 54 69 123 34 72 22:04 368 14.7 24 28 0 0
    3 A. Ovechkin, WAS LW 81 52 54 106 2 52 21:37 425 12.2 21 31 3 0
    Ilya Kovalchuk, ATL LW 78 52 46 98 -6 68 22:22 323 16.1 27 29 0 1
    5 Dany Heatley, OTT RW 82 50 53 103 29 86 21:09 300 16.7 23 20 2 2
    6 Brian Gionta, NJ RW 82 48 41 89 18 46 19:49 291 16.5 24 10 1 0
    7 Simon Gagne, PHI LW 72 47 32 79 31 38 20:46 334 14.1 12 11 2 3
    8 Eric Staal, CAR C 82 45 55 100 -8 81 19:38 279 16.1 19 21 4 0
    9 D. Alfredsson, OTT RW 77 43 60 103 29 50 21:41 249 17.3 16 32 5 1
    10 Teemu Selanne, ANH RW 80 40 50 90 28 44 17:47 267 15.0 18 22 0 0
    11 Brendan Shanahan, DET LW 82 40 41 81 29 105 16:35 289 13.8 14 14 0

I don't really consider the season in between where Nash score 41 goals to be that much more of a dead puck era than the one before and after it. There were plenty of 40 or more scorers in the league before and after Nash's 41 goal seasons. Not only that, but there were a few other reasons why Nash was able to win that trophy with just 41 goals. Off the top of my head, I know Iginla scored almost 30 of his goals in the 2nd half of the season, not the first. He was struggling big time in the first half. Almost the same could be said of Naslund at the time too, but I believe his struggles came later in the season.

If Nash scored 40 or 50 assists to go with his 41 goals, then I would consider him much more of a talent, but until then, he's not even on par with the Sedins. As for your reference of Rob Brown, you and I both know that a monkey (no pun intended) on skates could get 49 goals if his centreman was Mario Lemieux. I could've also brought up Bernie Nichols and his 70 goals, but again that was due to Gretzky. Naslund and Bertuzzi did it on their own, albeit aiding each other a lot, but still they had the individual talent to do it own their own (they were 100 point people and Naslund had scored 40+ goals on a consistent basis whereas Bertuzzi showed that he could take the game on his own and Nash has never come close to that, but I guess you can argue that he's never had a talented centre/winger to play with or has he...).

As for your Naslund assessment, I agree to a point. Bertuzzi did create a lot of space for him, but the guy was a dangerous threat with his wrist shot even before he played on the same line as Bertuzzi and he was already getting over a point a game average. From 2000 to a certain point like 2004 or 2005 or so, Naslund lead the league in total points scored.

The guy's wrist shot has been dead since Moore hit him and I think he had surgery on that shoulder. He's never been the same with his wrist shot since. On the PP, Naslund has a lot of space and time to wind up his wrister, but now it always gets stopped so he stopped doing that a lot and has reverted to slapping the puck or passing it off. That one hit in 2004 ended 3 careers.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

i remember that year, it was ridiculous, a three way tie for the scoring title and to make matters worse it was probably the worse season i've seen, wasn't that the season the anaheim and nj duked it out in the finals, those weren't even games it was just trap trap trap until someone manages to score one fluky goal or someone caught a bad break and the game was basically over. wonder why 41 was the max for rocket richard

BQ, u cant really compare the nash scoring trophy w/ the cheechoo one, cheechoo did it in the "new" nhl, where scoring was higher. i agree dat season was not the highlight of the nhl, lots of stars players were hurt/slumping. naslund/bertuzzi/hedjuk/heatley all missed time for one reason or another. HOWEVER, nash still had to compete w/ lots of other great players. kovalchuk and iginla is not plummers, and nash managed to tie them. kovalchuk had savard, iginla had conroy, nash was on his own. in a way thats even more impressive. he didnt put up much assists becuz, if u look at his linemates, who the heck is he gonna pass to? there was no talent on dat bluejacket team, and for a 19 yo player to win the scoring title pretty much all by himself, i dunno wat more u can ask for. im not sayin nash is top 5 talent, but i gotta give him credit for dat impressive season.

i think i read somewhere dat nazzys been workin on his wrist shot this summer, and hes gonna bring it back. havent really seen him used it this season. on the pp, players r rushing him now, when hes on the halfboard (when they actually set up in the O-zone, which is rare for the 2nd pp) they arent backing off him and let him take his shot. naslund cant get it away fast enuff nowaday, dats y he havent scored like dat recently. i agree tho, dat moore hit effectively ended 3 careers, 2 of which coulda been great players still. oh well, i dont wanna open up dat can of worms again.