Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1656575859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey View Post
    i think i read somewhere dat nazzys been workin on his wrist shot this summer, and hes gonna bring it back. havent really seen him used it this season. on the pp, players r rushing him now, when hes on the halfboard (when they actually set up in the O-zone, which is rare for the 2nd pp) they arent backing off him and let him take his shot. naslund cant get it away fast enuff nowaday, dats y he havent scored like dat recently. i agree tho, dat moore hit effectively ended 3 careers, 2 of which coulda been great players still. oh well, i dont wanna open up dat can of worms again.
    Yes his shot is better from what I can see. He doesn't get it away as much, but it does have the zip back.

About the PP, they need to utilize the point man more. I know Salo is not here, but they need to use them to spread the pp. When the 2nd unit comes out, Nazzy is the only threat when he's on the half boards, so the other teams will rush him. If you can move the puck around fast and use the point man, Nazzy will see more room.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Yes his shot is better from what I can see. He doesn't get it away as much, but it does have the zip back.

About the PP, they need to utilize the point man more. I know Salo is not here, but they need to use them to spread the pp. When the 2nd unit comes out, Nazzy is the only threat when he's on the half boards, so the other teams will rush him. If you can move the puck around fast and use the point man, Nazzy will see more room.
    i notice dat on the 2nd unit, they try to set up ohlund for one timers. i remember the calgary game, ohlie must have like 10 shots attempts. but otherwise like u said, they dont use the pt man enuff. probably becuz krajicek and morrison (he plays the pt) have no shot, and bieksa is not shooting well at all this yr.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

yeah keep that can close, kinda sad... nuks could be an explosive 2 hit punch for their offensive lines maybe even 3 during the good nights, but then goaltending would still be a problem unless something else was worked out to keep you know who in nuk but take luongo from the panthers.

man we're getting beat by colorado, i have a feeling that macT is the reason for all our losses, he's been juggling lines every night, no same line has came out yet. in terms of perm and com he's close to using up all his permutations and he's definately used up all his combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey View Post
    i notice dat on the 2nd unit, they try to set up ohlund for one timers. i remember the calgary game, ohlie must have like 10 shots attempts. but otherwise like u said, they dont use the pt man enuff. probably becuz krajicek and morrison (he plays the pt) have no shot, and bieksa is not shooting well at all this yr.
    How many shots went wide during the Canes game? It was brutal. Our point man have like no shot. Can't wait till Salo comes back. I remember Aucoin had one banner year with us during the dark era. He had like 20 some odd pp goals that year to beat Denis Potvin's record. It was very simple. Mogilny would play the half boards like naslund. He would bait the defender by going low like he was gonna make a cross ice pass. Then he would give a sneaky pass back to the point and Aucoin would blast it.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

trizz, its funny u said dat, cuz here in van coach AV messes w/ the line non-stop as well. last yr when we were winning its like "oh AV have such a good sense of his players, always finding a good combo", now dat we r losing its like "oh AV messes too much, lines cant find chemistry". AV is doing the same thing as last yr when he won the jack adams, but suddenly we have ppl here saying hes a bad coach. im no fan of macT, but mabbe its not his fault.

almo, difference btw aucoin and salo i think is his willingness to shoot. sometime salo seem to refuse to shoot for some reason. mabbe he still feel bad about taking ohlund's eye out, and he dont wanna hurt ppl, but i've seen lots of time when he wind up and end up passing it cross ice.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

HOLY CRAP one more midterm to go....

uhhhh we beat the ducks, seems like our team is starting to shape up, good news or bad... i have no clue, too early to see. but cogliano and gagner are good. torres, hemsky and horcoff are lighting it up, and stoll and penner are quite steady. in the bad end, smid is great so is gilbert, i think when souray and pitakanen comes back lowe is gonna trade someone in our back end away, dont know who and dont know what we can get.

well lines aren't that juggled anymore, haha i guess things are settling down.... but i still dont like MacT, has anyone heard that quinn may end up in atlanta.

good to see the oilers doing ok, altho they lost to the preds today. hemskys heating up, finally showing the skill to finish w/ 4 goals in last 5 games.
    man both our teams r so screwed. u lost souray/pitkanen and now greene. we lost krajicek and now salo and bieksa. and they r all freak/weird injuries. to have them miss anywhere from 4 wks to 4 months is gonna kill our team, which isnt playin great defensively as it is. i hope they all make 100% recovery, not so much to help the team but just to be able to lead a normal life. but boy, salo must be the most unlucky person in the world. as if he doesnt already get hurt enuff, even his own teammate shoot a puck at his face. dont stand beside sami on a cloudy day.
    im not looking forward to a ohlund/mitchell/edler/bourdon/miller/weaver lineup, specially against div rival 8 straight games. well im not giving up yet, but we could be buried deep in the standing by the time krajicek/salo/bieksa comes back.

yeah i know eh, we lost roy too, we went form 9 dman down to 5, oh yeah!

its my bday today, well anonther 24 min thanks to day light saving, HAHA. not really as excited as i was years ago, guess its cause its just really another day, haha.

nuks will do better they've got luongo and a line that actually works together, what we have are like individual parts, not interchangeable parts.

wow really? happy bday dude. ur like 20 now rite? 1 more yr and u can hit up vegas wat did u do for your big day this yr?

didn't really do much, had dinner had home with family. well i'm not 20 yet, almost there, haha one more year, well about 363 days now.

oil is getting owned, we lost another dman... wow, talk about bad luck and our dmen aren't that great covering the backend. which is even worse. only tarnstrom and smid are playing well all the other "good" guys are out or they're just not performing. therefore haven't been watching too much games lately, plus my torrent of midterms have kept me from thinking about hockey, man quantitative analysis sux, gonna drop it next semester, what a stupid course.

hey Trizz,

Just letting you know that I'm in Edmonton right now for government training. Tomorrow will be a great day as Edmonton is going to play Vancouver and I'll be cheering on the Sedins to skat circles around the Oilers like they always do.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

gov't training, like at the legislature? what are you doing right now? working for gov of alberta? or the ferderal gov't? sounds fun.

apart from penalty trouble, the oil have looked great in the last couple games. maybe we can pull this one off and then souray comes back next game vs. minnesota then after that moreau comes back, then its pitkanen, then roy and pisani then finally greene and then klowe will probably trade a dman away, hope its not tarnstrom he's been doing great.

I work for Correctional Service of Canada, Calgary Parole Board. Right now, I'm here for training at the Edmonton Parole Board. Correctional Service is federal gov't.

Anyway, I don't care how well the Oilers are doing right now. I only care that I should start playing the Harlem Globetrotters' Sweet Georgia Brown music when the Sedins are on the ice against the Oil tongiht. :P
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

HAHA we won, we won.

cool correctional service, must be very rewarding, haha. you can put the cd away, HAHAHA that's crazy, i can't believe we won even though the shot clock was so messed and it seems like we were playing on a thread and Garon was awesome. Luongo was awesome too, but hemsky just got it done!

dammit, first game i went to this season and its a 0-0 game. good game tho, but would've like to see some goals (like tonites nucks game for example). we r playin pretty decent since the salo/bieksa injury, which is strange, not sure y losing 2 key players is the key to make a team better. luongos been playing phenomenal, dat probably explain some of it.

oilers playing good too. sure they'll never dominate anybody but they hang in there and give themselves a chance to win. hemsky is heating up, damn i shouldnt have drop him from my pool. lol.

stoll is coming around, except for that 0-0 game against vancouver he's got like what 10 points in his last 8 or 9, can't remember.

hemsky "I want to be a star" he's been talking a lot more lately and shooting a lot more. and we start to see him on the ice now, which is awesome. I'd say give our team 1 or 2 more years together, no more drastic change and let Garon mold into that starter position and we're back to being a contender. apparently lowe wants murray, if he trades for him, i'll be so pissed, but not time to be pissed, finals in like 3 weeks, AHHHHHH

garon a starter?? um...i dont think u'll be a serious contender w/ him in net. he can get hot for a game or 2, but hes not one u want to goto the final w/. hemsky is really playing well, still passes up shooting chances tho. but hes putting up points so dats a good thing, he'll be a star. i think u guys need a good center, not murray. do u guys even have cap space 4 him?
    good game tonite, lots of goals! nice ones too. gagner was robbed 2x, the one in front of the net and the shootout. luongos on top on his game now, even tho stupid coilers stole 2 pts from us last 7 days.
    next up wilds! dat should be a tough game. go nucks go!

garon has been playing quite a bit lately, guess roli is in one of those down times. man our team SUCK!!! and i say that from a die hard oiler's fan point a view not stupid bandwagoners that are infesting our city. you know i've been with them b4 they're miraculous run and probalby even b4 i join this forum.

vancouver are gonna be good, but they need a couple top 6 forward and image if bieksa and salo comes back, you guys got a team!

oilers r (or should be) rebuilding, its natural they suck. wat really hurts is giving up dat 1st/2nd/3rd round pick for penner. even if penner turns out to be a 30 goal man, this trade will still be questioned. the 1st is very likely top 5 (sorry trizz), so u mite lose out on stamkos or doughty or beach. and the 2nd can also get u a very good player in this deep draft.
    i know ur a diehard fan trizz, hopefully u can stick through the rebuilding stage cuz i know the oilers will be good again. im liking gagner more and more every game.

now dat nazzys back to old form (for now) we need a sniper to play w/ morrison. his talent is wasted setting up the likes of cooke/burrows/hansen. if we can get dat line going, and have nazzy/twins keep scoring, and kesler's line keep chippin in, we'd be tough to stop. salo should be back soon as well. cant wait

heard nuks are like oil, once salo and bieksa are back one of your 8 dmen are gonna be packing, and i've heard Labrun or kelly for blake, tucker, hossa, Brad richards or semin. tucker is probably a no-no but then think about its a serious upgrade from burrows and cooke. tucker is gritty like them but he can score too, and he gets in your face and sticks up for his team. man that's what the oil need too, a tucker kinda of guy. hossa probably not going until the trade deadline if columbus really messes up. richards, he's probably not going anywhere as well, blake could be going but then i dont know he's a BIG BIG question mark. the thing i see is labrun or kelly and some sort of a mid round pick for like semin, i think putting him next to morrison will be better, but then he's sort of a playmaker kind of guy.

rumours about edmonton all ran out, apparently, ppl all want gilbert, cogliano or gagner (they all live in the same house) and lowe is not giving up any of them. guess we have so much trash nobody wants them... which is kinda sad.