Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

wow theres alot of big names there. hossa is the only one dat fit on the team, and semin mite fit in too. but they'll cost alot, probably an edler or bourdon plus many picks. not sure we can afford to give up dat much depth. we seem to be doing fine rite now, so mabbe we can just add somebody not as good as hossa, but can help offensively. not sure whos available rite now since everybodys still in the race. no interest for tucker/richards/blake tho.

edm have to keep gagner and coligano, dont go for the quick fix, u guys arent dat close.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

WOOT WOOT 5-1 against the reigning cup champs. all our guys are going from negative +/- to positive, slowly. But still skeptical, even though we are playing .500, it still just doesn't cut it with me yet. nuks are on fire lately.... 4-0 against ducks what's up with that.

luongos franchise shutout record ends at 210mins and 34secs, pretty impressive. its just a matter of time b4 lu-ey ends up w/ every goaltending record for this team. even in the lost tonite he played awesome, too bad our forwards cant penetrate minny's trap. funny how mild manner ohlund is getting the pronger-treatment, cant believe the wild fans booed him all game long.

oilers beat the ducks again tonite, wats going on? is the oilers playin dat well or the ducks dat bad? garons now your #1? wats gonna happen to roloson?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

uhhhh well garon is not our number 1 and roli is also not our number 1, apparently they have roli in for 3 games, and garon in for 1, so its rotating back and forth and if garon does really good in one game he's in two in a row. it was an awesome game nice smooth pass from the back end, solid back checking and forechecking, nice traffic in front of the goalie and just throwing pucks at the net.

luongo is crazy!!! i was hoping he pulls off another shutout, but too bad! when is salo back? or is he back already, haven't really paid attention to other teams i got finals coming up, only have time to like check scores and read some things about the oilers.

this one is for you monkey!
    Leila Tong

hehe, thx for the link trizz, i think i'll acutally buy this cd instead of downloading it. leila looks so cute still, i cant believe shes older than me haha.

yea salos back, but he looks tentative and doesnt use his slap shot anymore. hes still decent defensively but he got a long way to go to his peak level.
    damn u oilers r lethal on shootout! 9 wins in SO already? now u guys r only 4 pts behind us? and i was counting the oilers out of the playoff race already haha. just goes to show how long the season is and anything can happen. good to see penner doing better, i hate to see the oilers give up so much for a 3rd liner.

our first 2 lines are solidified now, penner is on one of them. salo didn't look like salo last night and yeah we're 10-1 in shootouts, every time our team goes to a shootout i'm like ok its over we win!

hemsky-horcoff-penner
    nilsson-gagner-pisani

the other 6 guys keep getting shuffled around. i've never realized how offesively minded pitkanen is until i watched him last night, didn't really get a chance because of school, still got one more exam left. I think we only won cause luongo wasn't in net last night, well its all good a win is a win, HA we beat you guys 3 times, but all in the shootout, HAHA

wow its been awhile since i posted here, sorry bout dat trizz.
    im glad pasini is back, i dont really like him dat much as a player, but im glad he over came his illness and is able to resume his career. he played well too, scoring the winning goal in the SO against us, its like he didnt miss a game. i didnt watch the game cuz i was the at giants game (it was teddy bear toss nite, it was crazy, there was like 10000 stuffed animal on the ice and took 20mins to clean up, players had to help too, and some of the bear got stuck on the net behind the goal) but good to see u guys doing well too. 16 wins on the season, just 4 pts behind us or something (altho only 6 regulation win in, wat, 40 games? lol).
    i picked up hemsky in my pool and now hes hurt, how long is he expected to be out for?

merry xmas trizz, have a great holiday

no clue about hemsky's knee injury.

yeah it seems we only win in overtime oh wells, a win is a win, HAHAHA

not much going on right now except for the spengler cup and the world juniors thats what i'm focused on right now in terms of hockey.

MERRY CHRISTMAS MONKEY!

yea cant wait for the WJC. lookin 4ward to the canadian team this yr, another chance to see travers and still be able to cheer for him, b4 he get drafted by the leafs and i becomes obligated to hate him, haha.
    who do u think will win the WJC? im not very familiar w/ this particular group. all i know is dat esposito didnt make it and its kinda strange.

yeah i know esposito got cut, guess he wasn't as good as we thought or he just ain't playing the style that the coaches want for that team.

I haven't watched any games yet, but then we're doing great, 2 shut outs so far and everyone is really chipping in, go canada go!

did u watch the winter classic? wat a game the pens and sabres put on. it look so nice on tv, w/ the snow and stuff. i've never play ice hockey outside, but i did play roller in rain and snow, and it kinda remind me of dat, brings back memory. i would imagine dats how pond hockey is like back in the days, w/o the boards and stuff. 70000+ ppl in the arena too, and none of them left during the game, the whole place was rocking. crosby w/ a great shootout goal was just a storybook ending. everything was great (especially the pens jersey), the only flaw was all the stoppage fixing dat one patch of ice. but otherwise it couldnt have gone any better.
    im thinkin dat, we should do something like dat for special events. like mabbe have the avs and yotes play a game in winnipeg or quebec, wearing the jets and nords jerseys. or have the all star game outdoor. but hopefully they dont do it too often otherwise its not special anymore.

ps. canada is in the semi in the wjc! go canada go!!

there was one game just like that 4 years ago in edmonton, if you remember, HAHA. the weather in buffalo seemed more fitting than the one we had. but the atmosphere reminded me of the heritage classic. they were missing the game with the old timers, i thought buffalo would do that, but they didn't oh wells. I actually played out door hockey b4, but then my friends always chose days that were sunny and yeah it was sorta different, cause well we sucked to begin with, haha and it was more like shiny than actual hockey. they did seem to have more problems with the ice than what we had, guess canadian ice always better, HAHA!

I heard next year montreal will try to do one for their 100th anniversary, i think if they do do it, it's gonna be HUGE, and i have a gut feeling toronto will be the opponent or one of the original sixes.

Canada vs. USA rematch, GO CANADA GO!! but why mason, bernier was so good...

yea i remember, the heritage classic was good, and it was new to the nhl, so it was very memorable. but this one is also memorable cuz of the snow. it just a very nice image to see a hockey game w/ snow, never seen it happen b4 even tho its supposed to be a winter game. i dont think montreal can beat the sabres in attendence, even their cfl field cant hold 70k+, can it? i hope they dont over do it tho, it would be ashame if they play to a 15k crowd.

yay canada won gold for the 4th consecutive time! we r just too good. kinda sucks for the other countries, knowing they have about 10% chance of winning COMBINE!! haha. oh well, their fault for not developing better players. i think the reason they went w/ mason is becuz the coach like him more. guess hes good enuff to win us gold, not sure how he got MVP, he played pretty bad against the fin

wow i never knew how much the leafs sux without toskala, raycroft cant do anything he's probaby gonna end up in europe after this year. stoll is coming around we dont need to trade him anymore, woot woot, garon is starting to own the pipes guess he's challenging for #1. good pick up by lowe i guess, but nothing is compared to vancouver what's with all those shut outs, truthfully speaking, luongo make you guys shine, he's definatley a keeper and he's worth every penny of that 6 mil contract, man now i wish we could have him.

YEAH Canada won WJC and the spengler cup, i never realize how nice the game is in europe theres no panzy calls like some of these nhl games. oh have you heard about that victoria cup thing where couple of NHL teams and champions of each european league challenge for a cup during august or something like that, sounds like a nice money maker. could evolve into something like the UEFA.

leafs sux even WITH toskala, they just have a very bad lineup overall. i think they mite blow up the team soon, and JFJ fired soon.
    i think garons now your #1, rolosons too old now, after this contract he'll probably retire.
    yea im glad we have luongo, everyday i wake up i still cant believe we have the best goalie in the world. especially after yrs of cloutier/burke/irbe/snow/essensa/hedberg. luongo IMO is the best player on the planet rite now. i know i know, im bias, but no team wins game for his team as frequent and constantly as lui. even crosby is no match in dat regard.
    i didnt watch much wjc, good to hear dat they r allowed to play a physical game w/o all the chessey penalties. its like dat for junior too, dats y i love watching the whl.

well leafs are gonna unload on a LOT of players and probably start from scratch. first of all their line up is old and useless. sundin is too old, tucker, good but playing for the wrong team, blake is useless next to sundin, mccabe is overrated, antropov is meh and kubina is overly paid. they'll blow up no doubt about it, JFJ is a goner too! the only good thing they have is toskala and kaberle, while their young guys they only got steen, stajan and pogge, everyone else is absolutely useless. that's for years of trading all their picks and prospect to get old guys like francis and leetch during the deadline.

We finally got 4 straight wins and we're at .500, that's awesome, our team is gelling now which is a good thing and penner is getting his money's worth he's doing great! maybe not as great as 4 mil but yeah!

sad but true vancouver wins because of luongo and who said goalies can't win games!

funny thing about toronto is they turned down bowman from running the team. SCOTTY FREAKING BOWMAN offered to take care of the team, and the leafs management said no!! no wonder they r in the toilet. this is beyond ridiculous, im starting to feel bad for leafs fans. they need to rebuild, well they need it like 3 yrs ago, but they must start now if they ever wanna be competitive again.

boy here in van, we have our own problems too. AV sending down raymond and jaffray and playin beech and rypien is a head scratcher. the former 2 actually produced offense, and we need goals desperately. i understand AV want our lineup to be tougher, but we aint gonna win too many games w/ only the sedins providing offense, even w/ luongo in net. behind the sedins/pyatt line, we have naslund/kesler/burrows on the 2nd line, cooke/beech/ritchie on the 3rd, and cowan/rypien/brown on the 4th. i like burrows but he is not 2nd liner. and after dat, nobody can be counted on to score at all. if luongo dont post a shutout we probably wont win. its sad. and the NW is so tight we cant afford to drop any pts.

Bowan is a great coach, but why would you want him to be a GM? I don't think he's ever been GM of a team. The two aren't the same so the Leafs turning him down might know what they're doing (if they think they're getting Burke).
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

heart philly wants to grab sundin for carter and high picks. philly wants to pull the trigger on forsberg too. man taht would make philly an immediate contender. they'll be one disgusting team, that's if they can play as a team. oh btw, briere is being investigated for negotiating with philly b4 july 1st. guess who the plantiff is, haha BUFFALO, they're not doing well and they want to point fingers, tsk tsk tsk, why can't buffalo keep any of their players? I'm laughing at them cause lowe basically drove them into the ground with that vanek deal coupled with drury and briere leaving and now campbell may be leaving too.

Vancouver also wants sundin too, i find that to be quite useless, they need more than an old man to provide secondary scoring and someone they can't keep is also a huge huge risk cause sundin will for sure sign back with toronto, so toronto got a steal coming their way right now! they can screw over teams, like how dallas, nashville and the isles shot themselves in the foot last season, this years trade deadline is gonna be FUN!