Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey View Post
    wow did u guys watch the game yesterday? the oilers putting 8 behind a pretty decent yotes team was insane. the nucks played them 2x last wk, and we only got 3 goals in both games COMBINE! i didnt know the oilers r so good offensively. gagner was a given, but cogliano being so good so fast was surprising (he shoulda kept his stick, mite need it the next time oilers go into OT, haha). and many thot nilsson was a bust, now he looks rather decent. glencross, where did he come from? dat mite be the best trade lowe made in a long time. brodziak is not bad too. the oilers still need better D and G, but the foundation for F is great.
    that was a great game against the Coyotes, but not the Canucks game tonight. Your Canucks might have possibly eliminated the Oilers' slim playoff hopes. ...7 points back now...

Why does Luongo have to be so good?

The short handed goal by Linden was a killer. The Oilers were gaining momentum after that Gilbert goal, but it died right after that shorty. I was hoping that Garon would start because he has been so good against the Canucks...Roli won two straight games, thus the most probable reason why MacT let him start. Oh well, I was looking forward to this game all day since that game on CBC a few weeks ago - so intense. One more game against you guys - it better be a good one.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

OH BOOOOO we lost to the nuks, you guys smother our nice 4th line and kid line haha. kinda funny how our team is being carried by kids who are all under 24. Our future is not too bad. goaltending is questionable. most of the time is pretty good theres those really really bad goals that goes in, i guess garon needs a little more mental training on his part and he can fully take over Roloson. no doubt our defense is lacking, but i'm hoping when souray is back for next year it should be all fine, it is quite good with gilbert and grebeskov actually progressing really well and we got rielly nash and bisaillion in the system who are doing well. maybe lowe should focus on drafting some good young defensemen or just trade a useless guy for some defensive prospects. we need some adam foote like defensemen we dont need anymore offensive minded ones anymore.

vancouver is on the bubble right now. if luongo keeps up his play which i think he willl, they ill probably make it, otherwise i dont know either nashville or us, but considering how we lost, i dont know anymore, hahah it wasn't a bad game for us, just bad bounces.

It doesn't look like you guys will catch both us or the Flames (or Minnie for that matter) now. Your team only has 7 games left and your team is 7 points back of both the Nucks and Flames. We both have a game in hand on you guys too. The only realistic team you guys have a shot at now is the Avs. Beat them twice in your two head t o heads, then you'll only be 1 point away from them. Of course, you also have to hope the Avs lose a few games and same with the Preds.

Oh yeah. Nice dive by Hemsky last night. That was some karma. Shannon's assist last night was pretty.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    It doesn't look like you guys will catch both us or the Flames (or Minnie for that matter) now. Your team only has 7 games left and your team is 7 points back of both the Nucks and Flames. We both have a game in hand on you guys too. The only realistic team you guys have a shot at now is the Avs. Beat them twice in your two head t o heads, then you'll only be 1 point away from them. Of course, you also have to hope the Avs lose a few games and same with the Preds.

Oh yeah. Nice dive by Hemsky last night. That was some karma. Shannon's assist last night was pretty.
    Yeah, considering how poorly the Oilers play the Avs - there's no chance of us beating them twice. We got blown out by the Avs on a couple of occasions - not looking forward to playing them at all. All I am wishing for is the Oilers beating the flames in their next tilt.

Haha, I love Hemsky, but that was definitely a dive last night. He'll get you guys back next time.

Bye bye playoffs - at least the Oilers played way better than last season. Hoping for a playoff season next year.

^^^Or not.

Great win for the Oilers against the Avs today. 3 points back from a playoff spot now. What a crazy game. Oilers took an early 3-0 lead, and a 4-1 lead, only to see the Avs tie it up. Good thing they didn't blow it like the Flames did against Atlanta.

Still some hope left Oiler fans.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

always have hope for the oilers, just when the realistic part of me kicks in... haha which was after the nuks lost i was like dammm we may not make it, but after today's game, HAHAHA avs are done done done! we're gonna blow them out and pull it into the PO. pretty nice work by all the guys. especially the young guys. if we make the PO then i dont really care what happens after that cause i get to laugh at burke for saying he'll get a top 5 pick for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    always have hope for the oilers, just when the realistic part of me kicks in... haha which was after the nuks lost i was like dammm we may not make it, but after today's game, HAHAHA avs are done done done! we're gonna blow them out and pull it into the PO. pretty nice work by all the guys. especially the young guys. if we make the PO then i dont really care what happens after that cause i get to laugh at burke for saying he'll get a top 5 pick for sure.
    Exactly - in your face Burkehead! The Oilers played themselves out of the bottom five.

I heard Corey Perry is RFA after this season. I know it won't happen, but it would definitely be funny if Lowe pulled another offer sheet. LOL.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AVcrystal View Post
    Exactly - in your face Burkehead! The Oilers played themselves out of the bottom five.

I heard Corey Perry is RFA after this season. I know it won't happen, but it would definitely be funny if Lowe pulled another offer sheet. LOL.
    does edm still have cap space to go after another RFA? i thot they r pretty tight themselves. plus do u really wanna give up wat is required to get perry, its at least $5M+ and 4 1st round pick. theres lots of RFA this summer but im not sure too many will be sign, not many of the r worth giving up so much money and future. we'll see i guess.
    well edm is at least doing their part, beating the avs in a high scoring game (actually theres a few high scoring games lately...i wonder y). its still a long shot for the oilers to sneak in tho, they have to climb over 2 teams, not easy. nashville have an easy schedule so i doubt u guys can overtake them. still a chance i guess, but things have to really fall your way.

man dat shannon assist on pyatt's goal was sick! i kinda wish he'll stick around next yr, but not sure if we can find room on our top 6 for him, we need more size up front. it'll be a shame if he left and go on to have a st louis type career, but w/ our luck dats exactly wat'll happen.

who is gonna be vancouver's top 6 next season, i dont see morrison in there and the top line is pretty much set in stone. the last 4 oiler games were scored 21 goals, that is just sick. and its all coming from the kids who are 25 and under which is even more sick. they're just shooting at everything they get a chance to and its popping in. those goals are pretty nice.

i think i'm with monkey, i dont think the oil will make the PO but at least burke doesn't get a high pick, its all good and theres no way anahiem is gonna tank the rest of the season so we wont get a high pick too.

our top 6 next season is up in the air, there'll be lots of changes to this team in the summer imo. looks like nazzy and mo r gone, they arent very productive anymore and we need an identity change. pyatt looks great w/ kesler and burrows, and ideally he shouldnt be on the top line, but if we cant find somebody better he mite get another season w/ the twins. raymond should be in the top 6 along w/ the twins, but even the sedins are candidates to be traded. they r UFA after next season, and if they ask for $6+ each, then we mite have to move them.
    ideally if all according to MY plan, our line up next season should look something like this:
    d sedin-h sedin-(ryder or shanahan)
    raymond-(jeff carter)-(rolston)
    burrows-kesler-pyatt
    rypien-(4th liner A)-(4th liner B)
    a line up like this will make me VERY happy, but its unrealistic to get them all. still we have lots of money to work w/. who knows, if the price is right mabbe we'll see nazzy and mo back, and we'd be complaining about our offense next march again. haha

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey View Post
    our top 6 next season is up in the air, there'll be lots of changes to this team in the summer imo. looks like nazzy and mo r gone, they arent very productive anymore and we need an identity change. pyatt looks great w/ kesler and burrows, and ideally he shouldnt be on the top line, but if we cant find somebody better he mite get another season w/ the twins. raymond should be in the top 6 along w/ the twins, but even the sedins are candidates to be traded. they r UFA after next season, and if they ask for $6+ each, then we mite have to move them.
    ideally if all according to MY plan, our line up next season should look something like this:
    d sedin-h sedin-(ryder or shanahan)
    raymond-(jeff carter)-(rolston)
    burrows-kesler-pyatt
    rypien-(4th liner A)-(4th liner B)
    a line up like this will make me VERY happy, but its unrealistic to get them all. still we have lots of money to work w/. who knows, if the price is right mabbe we'll see nazzy and mo back, and we'd be complaining about our offense next march again. haha
    Will the Sedins ever separate? Would your GM trade one away and not the other? That would make it interesting to see how effective the Sedins are without playing with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AVcrystal View Post
    Will the Sedins ever separate? Would your GM trade one away and not the other? That would make it interesting to see how effective the Sedins are without playing with each other.
    They're playing without each other right now. They've actually been better of late because of them playing on seperate lines. But, they haven't been playing like they were earlier on the season when they were averaging more than a goal a game.

The Nucks look really bad right now. Loungo has been bad in the past 2 games (probably cause of his wife and baby). Now, we don't even have him for the Minnie game. cause he left the team

It's not looking too good right now for us. Edmonton might pass us for a playoff spot, but Nashville has a better chance with a weaker schedule.

If Bieksa wasn't such an idiotic d-man and if Edler was playing like he used to, we would have an extra 5 or 6 points (if not more). Also, if Nonis wasn't so obsessed with defensive depth and not even bother on concentrating on offensive depth, we would not be where we be right now.

We might have a lot of cap space next year, but can't get more than 1 good player with that. Need to get rid of Bieksa's contract and just use Bourdon on D for next season.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    They're playing without each other right now. They've actually been better of late because of them playing on seperate lines. But, they haven't been playing like they were earlier on the season when they were averaging more than a goal a game.

The Nucks look really bad right now. Loungo has been bad in the past 2 games (probably cause of his wife and baby). Now, we don't even have him for the Minnie game. cause he left the team

It's not looking too good right now for us. Edmonton might pass us for a playoff spot, but Nashville has a better chance with a weaker schedule.

If Bieksa wasn't such an idiotic d-man and if Edler was playing like he used to, we would have an extra 5 or 6 points (if not more). Also, if Nonis wasn't so obsessed with defensive depth and not even bother on concentrating on offensive depth, we would not be where we be right now.

We might have a lot of cap space next year, but can't get more than 1 good player with that. Need to get rid of Bieksa's contract and just use Bourdon on D for next season.
    well we certainly played like a diff team tonite against the flames. where was this the last few games? if only we played this well the last couple wks we'd be in the division lead.
    im kinda glad nonis went out and got the d-depth we got, can u imagine our team w/o salo and miller? we'd be using mcivar/bourdon for over 75 games! we just been decimated by injuries on the blueline this yr, we haven't play one single game w/ all our top 6 dman! even now w/ ohlund, miller, krajicek out, and mitchell playing w/ fractured bones, we can certainly use a couple more nhl dmen. i think the siging of miller, and the improved play of edler and bourdon, are wat kept this team in the playoff hunt still.
    edler tho is playing too much. w/ all the injuries he kinda have to, but u can tell his play have tailed off alittle. hes just tired and understandably so. bieksa is a weird case tho. say wat u want about his physical condition, but his bad play is mostly in decision making, its like he just got dumber over the summer. he is nowhere near the player he was last season. not sure y. hopefully he'll turn it around. i still wanna keep bieksa becuz of all the intangible he brings when he is on his game, but wont be opposed to trading him if the right deal comes along.

Ah, those stupid Flames can't do anything right.

Vancouver's win last night definitely hurt the Oilers' slim playoff hopes. The Oilers must win both of their remaining games, while hoping the Preds/Canucks go on a losing streak in order to get into the post season.

Oh well, it's been a great ride the last few weeks. If only the oilers played this desperate from game #1, they would have been in the playoff picture.

its OVER! everybody in this forum need to find a new team to cheer for in the playoff. booooo
    cant believe linden is gonna end his career out of the playoff

Why does Linden have to go out this way.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

wow, we're all out of the playoffs and linden is calling it quits, man he didn't even get to finish in the PO too... thats so unfortunate. uhhhh my pick is on sens, pens and preds! HAHA you know i think i'll just watch the world championships, when does it start?

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    wow, we're all out of the playoffs and linden is calling it quits, man he didn't even get to finish in the PO too... thats so unfortunate. uhhhh my pick is on sens, pens and preds! HAHA you know i think i'll just watch the world championships, when does it start?
    lol sens won't go anywhere. They lost alfie and their team is spiraling.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

you got a very very valid point, oh wells.. i'm guessing realistically speaking, anaheim, san jose, montreal or pittsburgh will make it all the way.

i'll be cheering on the caps, late season surge and against all odds take out the canes. ovechkin setting records and having a hart-worthy season. hoping to see a pens/caps eastern final (sorry to root against the habs tho, they r canada's best hope).

well linden havent officially retire...so theres still hope damn u AV, y did u scratch trev so many times this season?