Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

predictions my friend!!
    WEST
    (1) Detroit vs. (8) Nashville
    Detroit in 5

(2) San Jose vs. (7) Calgary
    San Jose in 6
    I want to say San Jose in 2 and a half games but thats impossible

(3) Minnesota vs. (6) Colorado
    Minnesota in 7
    Because my friend is an AVS fan and keep bragging about how great foote, forsberg, finger, wolski is compared to the likes of gagner, cogliano and nilsson, cannot be compared two different groups of player, I wanted to say Minnesota in 2 periods! HAHA.

(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Dallas
    Anaheim in 4
    These guys way too strong for Dallas, face the facts.

EAST
    (1) Montreal vs. (8) Boston
    Montreal in 4
    Historic values of 23-7 for montreal is really not good for boston and montreal has everything going.

(2) Pittsburgh vs. (7) Ottawa
    Pittsburgh in 5
    What can I say, if they can play like last year it may got to 7 but pittsburgh is all ready to go really really far.

(3) Washington vs. (6) Philadelphia
    Washington in 7
    Have a feeling Ovechkin is gonna go crazy.

(4) New Jersey vs. (5) New York Rangers
    New Jersey in 6
    This one was hard for me, even though rangers have the numbers on the devils I have a feeling experience may play a big role for jersey.

These are my predictions how about you guys?
    Last edited by trizz251; 04-08-08 at 01:55 AM.

I guess it's too late for me to make predictions since the playoff series have already started since Wednesday...

Must say that I am very surprised with the Dallas Stars....leading the series 2-0 already - the Ducks don't look good at all. Haha stupid Burke!

The Wild/Avs series is actually pretty good - I thought this one would be a snoozefest since the Wild play such boring hockey at times.

Habs are doing very well up 2-0 in the series.

I hope the Sharks beat Calgary tomorrow night to take the series lead.

Hoping for Washington to be this year's Cinderella team.

On a side note - Lowe has signed Gilbert to a six year contract and Nilsson to a 3 year contract. I hope he signs Pitkanen, Grebeshkov and Glencross too.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

i "predict" pens over sens in 4! haha
    who would've thot the sens put up such a lame effort. sure alfredsson is hurt, but they were outclassed in every possible way by the pens. after a 16-2 start to the season, the sens were actually 5 games under .500 including playoff. is it all emery fault? i like the sens, but i hope they make some significant changes in the summer.
    wow dat caps/flyers series is super entertaining. its wide open offensive hockey, plus lots of bone crushing hits, and some crazy saves. if only all games r like dat, the nhl would over-take the nfl as the #1 pro-sport in NA. haha well mabbe not. but i wish every team plays like these 2.
    price finally laid and egg in net, anybody think he'll rebound? or is he gonna crash and burn cloutier-style?
    GO AVS!!!

i was disaapointed with the sens this year along with the canucks >.<
    habs cant seem to put the bruins away, atleast my capitals are still alive COME ON OVECHKIN!
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

WHOA didn't even have enough time during exam period to think about hockey! haha but all i know now is i missed that 2 day window to put up my prediction.

here is what i think
    habs over flyers in 6
    pens over rangers in 6
    wings over avs in 7
    sharks over stars in 5

i didn't really get a chance to watch anything but all my exams are over so now its all GOOD!! HAHA

gratz trizz, now u can watch the 3rd round in peace
    dammit my Avs got torched, and the habs lost to my most hated team. the only piece of good news is i (should) get $20 for the pens beating the rangers. gawd im less pissed off at the nucks now, cuz we can see wat injuries can do to a team, even if they r as deep as the Avs.
    just hope the sharks lose quickly, cant wait to see wat kinda dis-mentling awaits them in the summer, lol!
    dang its really quiet in this forum lately...

Go Flyers.

flyers.... thats like one of my most hated teams too. other than leafs, ducks and flames. the only reason why i hate them is cause of how dirty they play...

go wings and pens!

wings gonna destroy the stars.
    im really lookin 4ward to the pens/flyers series, cant wait till friday

you're right this place has gone really quiet since the PO started, kinda uncharacteristic for a hockey thread, haha. well i think its because no one really cares that much cause all our fav team or the ones we were rooting for just got kicked out! HAHA. i still only got the pens left.

That's cause most of the fans who post in this thread are Nucks, Oilers, and Leafs fans. Since all 3 teams didn't make the playoffs, then there wouldn't be much interest till next season.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    flyers.... thats like one of my most hated teams too. other than leafs, ducks and flames. the only reason why i hate them is cause of how dirty they play...

go wings and pens!
    We play physical hockey like the old days of hockey. Soft teams call it dirty because they don't like physical hockey.

Why do people want the pens to win? Crosby is a cry baby and diver.

The Red Wings are my 2nd favourite team (mostly attributed to Steve Yzerman and Niklas Lidstrom).

I'm pulling for them to win Lord Stanley.

hmmm dont know who to pick for this series and its the last one too. i have a feeling the pens could win it, but realistically, its probably detriot who will take the series. I dont know. I'll pick pens in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by psyduck215 View Post
    We play physical hockey like the old days of hockey. Soft teams call it dirty because they don't like physical hockey.

Why do people want the pens to win? Crosby is a cry baby and diver.
    physical hockey is one thing, but when your team had 6 suspension in a season, to the point where the team and coach was warned by the commissioner, then mabbe theres so not-so-clean plays involved. of course i enjoy physical play, which is y i think the caps/flyers series was one of the best, but philly didnt get labelled a 'dirty' team for no reason.

i want the pens to win cuz they play an exciting offensive style. i love the speed and skill they have, and i wanna c them get rewarded for it, and hopefully other teams will follow suit and bring hockey back to the '80s style.

also i hate the wings. i like lots of their players, lidstrom, datsyuk, zetterberg, hudler, etc. but i hated their team cuz they had an intense rivalry w/ the avs back in the days (im also a huge avs fan). just cant get myself to cheer for them.

still, i think the wings will win in 6. both teams r pretty equal offensively and goaltending, but the difference is lidstrom. gonchar had played well, but still not at lidstrom lvl.

Wow, who would have thought the high scoring Penguins will get shut out two games in a row...

Malkin has been horrible. The Pens failed to capitalize on their scoring chances. With the way Detroit has been playing, this series is going to end fast unless the Pens find a way to turn the series around.

u can always count on crosby to step up in big games. wat a great performance from him today.
    malkin is still MIA tho.
    but overall its a really good series, lots of chances, hits, great saves, etc.

I think this series is starting to turn around, crosby has really stepped up his game and orpik and gonchar has been pretty good. I think this series can go the length if pittsburgh keeps up the pressure like this every game from now on.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=239196&l...=topStory_main

Can't believe Luc Bourdon died. RIP Luc.

When I saw a headline on yahoo about "hockey defenseman dies in car accident" with a picture of a guy wearing 28 in a Nucks uniform, I was quite shocked. Since I haven't been watching hockey for some time and the picture was really small, I was wondering who that Nucks player was (as I forgot who wore 28.... The names Mitchell and Bieksa went through my head first, but when I clicked the yahoo link for the full story, it was Bourdon. It's really bad for the Nucks as Luc was the most promising young d-man next to Edler. It's much worse for his family of course. It's also really stupid of him to drive a bike. Those things kill a lot of people.

Anyway, RIP Luc. RIP.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

My wishes go out to the family of Luc Bourdon, its really sad how a promising defensemen just leave the canucks organization in that way, RIP Luc Bourdon.