Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2262636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Still can't believe he is dead. It's still shocking to me after a few days.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

i first heard it on the radio, and thot (was hoping) somebody was playing some sick joke. unfortunately it wasnt a joke. it was tough listenin to all the hi-lite and other's comments/memories of him, but it really hit me hard when they played sarah mclauglin's 'i will remember u' on the radio. its too bad hes gone at such a young age, w/ so much potential, and almost making it to the nhl after yrs of hard work. and the story on his mom (all her sacrafices she make to raise luc), and his gf watching him crash, i feel so sorry for them.
    RIP luc, will never 4get your WJC heroics, your time in the nucks uniform, and your dance-off at the dice and ice charity event.

oh theres a memorial for bourdon at GM place, outside either gate 3 or 13. if u guys have time, drop by and pay your respect. it was tough for me just to stand there and stare at his pics.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

the nhl awards to take place in a couple days how do you guys think the hart is gonna play out, i think its gonna be ovechkin for some reason.

OT -

To all my fellow Canadians, I'm not sure if you guys know about the new copyright bill. It's worse than the American's DMCA and if passed, will turn all of us into criminals.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=24098

You must have a say in this if you're Canadian. Write to your MP, Jim Prentince (give him the finger while you're at it for this asinine bill), the PM, and anyone you can think of. I like to join a protest rally cause it seems like the dying RIAA, CRIA, MPAA, American government, and our own conservative Canadian government(and a few others) are not in tune with the current digital age. They all want us to live in the 80's.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

the award show was pretty anticlimatic, most of the awards went to the favorite, no surprise there. kinda disappointed dat luongo finished 7th in vezina voting, behind kippersoff who had a horrible yr.
    draft is coming up, dunno if u guys r following it as closely as i am, im a draft-day nut! haha. hopefully one of wilson/broeker/hoghson will fall to #10, mabbe some teams go off the board and let one of the top 4 Dman fall to us? im intrigue by beach, but hope to god dat gillis stay away from meyers. potentially lots of big trades as well.

BQ. im furious too, but i dont htink the bill will pass. too much public backlash if they do it, and like u said, it will crimiallize (if dats a word) too much activities dat we canadians do daily. major businesses and company wont allow it, the opposing parties wont allow it, and the public definitely wont allow it. i'll sign up to the facebook group.

The draft is today @ 7 on Verus. Some news on Malkin, a team in the Russian league is willing to pay him 15mil/tax free to play over there.
    http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/446583
    猪八戒:"多情自古空余恨,此恨绵绵无绝期".

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

1 day b4 the flood gates open out and my team has already made a couple splashes! vishnovsky, i have a feeling pitkanen is going, but if he's staying, now thats something to see.

tampa has really piled up on the forwards

toronto is one place no one wants to go now

whoa this place has been quite quiet, the olympics really overshadowed everything for the longest time, what did you guys think about it?

Rookie camp is gonna start and the oil is hosting the nuks and flames rookies in camrose, how do you guys think this will pan out?

Gonna revive this thread.

Nucks signed Mats Sundin!!! Discuss...
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

So how about those Toronto Maple Leafs?

I love Edler!!!!!!!!!!

Brodeur is gonna challenge for the record tonight
    The western conference playoff race is really tight and my team is amongst the ones in the mix. Go oilers go! 6 teams seperated by 2 points for 2 spots thats really really tight!

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    Brodeur is gonna challenge for the record tonight
    The western conference playoff race is really tight and my team is amongst the ones in the mix. Go oilers go! 6 teams seperated by 2 points for 2 spots thats really really tight!
    Stupid Oilers fell out of the playoff spot.

I'm cheering for the Red Wings all the way now. Anybody watching the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by AVcrystal View Post
    Stupid Oilers fell out of the playoff spot.

I'm cheering for the Red Wings all the way now. Anybody watching the playoffs?
    Me and I think all Nuck fans for obvious reasons. Haven't seen a Nucks game in a while though cause this is what happens when you sweep. I'm sure you and Trizz know how it feels not having to watch you team play right now.

Ducks / Sharks games have been pretty good. Cheering for the Ducks of course so that the Nucks could avoid the Wings in round 2.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

And the Pengs win the cup. For fans of all other teams, maybe next year. That saying is way too familiar for Nuck fans.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

i can't believe pittsburgh overcame the odds and beat detroit in game 7 at the joe louis arena. good stuff. malkin is a beast. sid's my favorite player.

So I was just talking to monkey via emails lately and it kinda made me realize how much I miss the good ol' hockey talk with ya folks! And out of complete sheer boredom, looked through my previous contribution to this thread and just thought "Wow do I blabber a lot or what?" hahah

Seeing how this thread is pretty much dead, I bet it'd be another 3 months before one of you - monkey, BaiQ105 or trizz, happens to drop by into this thread, read and reply to this post.

Can't believe the Canucks signed Raycroft, one way contract too. I'd rather give Schneider the backup role.

Also, I haven't been this excited about our prospects in a long time. Hodgson will probably make the team this year, and Schroeder dropped all the way to us at 22nd overall in the Draft. Pure talent and offensive player. Is probably a couple years away from being on the Canucks considering his college commitments to his NCAA eligibility.

Was hoping to get Calvin De Haan, a solid two-way good puck-moving defenseman, mature beyond his years and noted for his smarts, whom many mock drafts have him projected to be available and likely taken by the Canucks, until the Isles took him way earlier than ranked.
    However there's no doubt they got a good player there and it seems to be a move made to accommodate John Tavares...previously teammates in junior (Oshawa) until he was traded.
    Tavares stated facing De Haan in practice has constantly made him better. That's a huge compliment and probably one of the biggest reasons why the Isles acquired that second first round pick to grab him. Having said that, I think most Canucks fans couldn't be any happier to have Schroeder still available...although an apparent need for defensive depth in the prospect pool still remains.

Trizz-- the Oilers seemed to have come out of the Draft happy too. I mean- Magnus Svensson Paajarvi, Anton Lander, Toni Rajala and Olivier Roy... of course only time will tell how successful the choices are.

Okay woww don't think I've typed anything this long since those days I was a regular in this thread.
    Last edited by Kiss7; 07-12-09 at 07:45 PM.

wow seems like forever since i've been here for sure. nice to see kiss back but i dont know for how long.

lately the only interesting news is coyotes ordeal and the whole heatley fiasco, totally messed up our image thank you heatley, pronger and nylander. well at least we got our goaltender, an allstar cast behind the bench but how will everyone fare i dont really know

cant believe its been 1 yr, 2 months and 28ish days since i posted here, when back in the days i used to post daily! lol.
    hows everybody doing? funny i kinda stumble upon this forum again accidentally while searching for something else
    i think i speak for most nuck fans when i say dat this have been a very productive summer for GMMG. the draft went well (i particularly like the 2 swede and steve anthony). locking up the core (sedins + luongo) at great cap hits. all the while upgrading our depth and weakness (speed + puckmoving on the blueline). we robbed the sharks of a very good d-man. and with the rumors of sundin coming back at $2M, it would make the summer better than i had hope. i havent been this excited about a season in awhile.
    i think some teams added better players than the nucks, but the quantity of decent players we have added is unmatched.
    looking 4ward to another great season of whooping the oiler's butts, haha poor trizz.

ps: its good to be back, lets revive this thread!

Kicking the Oilers' butts has always been a treat to watch, from a Canucks fan's perspective. Too bad they handed it to us on the prospects game on Thursday, but again it's just some insignificant prospect game anyway.

However they've got a keeper in Jordan Eberle, that kid is the goods. Oh well we've got our Hodgson, who hopefully will be just as, if not, better than him :P

I'm also stoked about our latest Russian in the system - Sergei Shirokov. Personally I haven't seen him in action at all so it's only appropriate for me to hold any judgment however from those who have managed to attend prospect camps and access the games, they have nothing but great things to say about the kid. So I'll take it from those who have the slight chance to form an opinion in regards to his ability/play.

Definitely excited about the upcoming season as well. As a Canucks fan, I have been used to boring off-seasons, however since Gillis has taken over, he keeps surprising us. By far one of the most interesting summers in a long while, with the additions, trades and contracts.

So how's everybody (or at least this forum's) only/favorite Oiler fan (by default lol) our buddy trizz doing? Yeah trust me, as a Canucks fan who was in a similar situation with the whole Sundin deal less than a year ago, it already makes you wish Heatley would quit being a b!tch and just make up his mind already whether or not he opts to join the Oilers or not. I'm sick of hearing about him, and his latest possible move and whatnot.

Also, how do you feel about Comrie's return? I guess nobody saw him being in an Oilers jersey coming, as Edmonton was probably the last place he'd end up of all places. At least the fans get to have Hilary Duff as a celebrity ambassador I gues haha.

Absolutely cannot wait for the hockey season to begin, GO CANUCKS GO!

PS. Me and monkey have agreed to revive this thread again. Make it happen guys!
    Last edited by Kiss7; 09-12-09 at 04:26 AM.