Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

crosby's bonuses are 3M.... hmmm he'll get that kind of money some day if he keeps up the work he's doing since junior

So happy, just heard datsyuk could return to red wings by the weekend.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

datsyuk resigned for 2 yrs at $7.6M, dats alot less then what the red wing was rumored to offer initially ($5M per). but hey, he wanted heatley money, so he pretty much got what he asked for.
    canucks resigned cooke as well, im glad dats over w/, but at $4.6M for 3 yrs, i'd say hes alittle too expensive for my liking. oh well, its great to have the cooker back.

Jumping for joy Datsyuk back But now I have to figure out what channel is airing hockey, can anyone tell which american televsion station is airing it?

for national coverage, i think the nhl have a contract w/ the OLN (Outdoor Live Network), so that'll show some nhl games. for regional coverage, check your local tv listing.

Well, I know KTLA show some Kings games. I think you're in Los Angeles right? If so, you'll mostly get L.A. games. If you're lucky, you might be a couple of Wings vs Kings games. It sucks to be in the States if you're a hockey fan cause they have very little hockey coverage.

As for Cooke signing.... I don't really mind the money or the terms, but this makes you think what the Sedins will be asking for next year if one or both of them have a real strong season. I just can't see anyway that we can keep Jovo now.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    As for Cooke signing.... I don't really mind the money or the terms, but this makes you think what the Sedins will be asking for next year if one or both of them have a real strong season. I just can't see anyway that we can keep Jovo now.
    unless the nhl overall revenues goes up, then every team's cap goes up, then mabbe we can keep everybody.
    btw, the shootout had been very disappointing so far, not becuz its not exciting, but becuz the shooters been stop like 90% of the time. yesterday's game between 'nucks and oilers, took 11 shots b4 somebody score!!

More likely the projected NHL revenue will go down for next season. My question then would be, how will teams adjust if they're going to be over the cap next season? A lot of teams are already at or near the cap. The teams that aren't are the ones not willing to spend money. I think quite a few of them are under the floor. They might get fined/penalize for being under the floor, but I'm guessing it's still a lot cheaper than spending to the floor.

Anyway, the best d-men in the pre-season so far for the Nucks, other than Jovo, is Bourdon. Man, I wish we could keep the kid for this season. He looks more like our #3 d-man than a mere prospect.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    More likely the projected NHL revenue will go down for next season. My question then would be, how will teams adjust if they're going to be over the cap next season? A lot of teams are already at or near the cap. The teams that aren't are the ones not willing to spend money. I think quite a few of them are under the floor. They might get fined/penalize for being under the floor, but I'm guessing it's still a lot cheaper than spending to the floor.

Anyway, the best d-men in the pre-season so far for the Nucks, other than Jovo, is Bourdon. Man, I wish we could keep the kid for this season. He looks more like our #3 d-man than a mere prospect.
    if league revenue goes down, i think lots of teams will have to dump/un-resign players. like the flyers and devils this summer when they are over the cap, they have to dump some players on low payroll teams (roenick, friezen, markov). but if the cap goes down next yr, fewer teams will have to payroll space to take up the 'dumpings', so teams will have to not resign their own FAs. for example, if the cap goes down $4M for next yr, canucks will lose jovo to FA. or they'll have to dump other higher paid players (bert, mo, clout, etc) to free up the money to pay jovo.
    as for teams under the floor, i think only washington is in that situation (mabbe buffalo too, not sure), but they just need to pick up a few more players (like friesen) and they'll hit the floor.
    bourdon looks good, but its probably better for his development sake to send him back to junior. but it speaks volume when a 18 yo rookie is outplaying guys we were relying on (baumgartner, buchenson, mojiz). our d dont look too good now, w/ ohlund injured and all.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    if league revenue goes down, i think lots of teams will have to dump/un-resign players. like the flyers and devils this summer when they are over the cap, they have to dump some players on low payroll teams (roenick, friezen, markov). but if the cap goes down next yr, fewer teams will have to payroll space to take up the 'dumpings', so teams will have to not resign their own FAs. for example, if the cap goes down $4M for next yr, canucks will lose jovo to FA. or they'll have to dump other higher paid players (bert, mo, clout, etc) to free up the money to pay jovo.
    as for teams under the floor, i think only washington is in that situation (mabbe buffalo too, not sure), but they just need to pick up a few more players (like friesen) and they'll hit the floor.
    bourdon looks good, but its probably better for his development sake to send him back to junior. but it speaks volume when a 18 yo rookie is outplaying guys we were relying on (baumgartner, buchenson, mojiz). our d dont look too good now, w/ ohlund injured and all.

Well, since so many teams are near the cap and the few that aren't aren't willing to spend the money, what will happen to these players next season when the Cap will be reduced. My answer would be a lot of the UFAs and RFAs will take even less money then this past FA season cause there are no teams out there willing to spend the $$$.

Btw, Bourdon has outplayed all the border line NHL d-men you mentioned and even Salo and Allen. Only Jovo looks better than him in the pre-season. Ohlund doesn't count cause he's injured, but he's obviously our No. 2 d-man. That's why I said Bourdon looks more like our #3 d-man than a mere prospect. He would solve our problems on D even better than Allen would. allen at No.4 isn't too comforting to me.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

If you can draft anyone at the moment for your team, who would you get as your starting line?

Naslund, Bertuzzi, Ignia, Karyia, Lemuiex, etc.

I am thinking at the moment... going to post my starting lines soon
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    If you can draft anyone at the moment for your team, who would you get as your starting line?

Naslund, Bertuzzi, Ignia, Karyia, Lemuiex, etc.

I am thinking at the moment... going to post my starting lines soon
    spezza/heatley, man they are on fire!!
    palffys good too, iggy will always be top 5, lemieux if u think he can stay healthy, sakic is so consistent, nazzy will score lots of pts.
    sorry i guess dat didnt help at all haha

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    spezza/heatley, man they are on fire!!
    palffys good too, iggy will always be top 5, lemieux if u think he can stay healthy, sakic is so consistent, nazzy will score lots of pts.
    sorry i guess dat didnt help at all haha
    Ya Spezza and Heatley is going to be great too bad Sens have to give up Hossa for Heatley

Iggy is good but not sure, last time he was ranked very high he didn't come thru... but he is one of the best in the game at the moment.

I still fear Naslund, Bert and Morrison line. I still think that is one of the most feared line today.

I wonder about Crosby, Leclair and Recci? I am surpise Lemuiex is not putting himself on that line and giving Crosby a chance.
    Flame on I am gone...

its proabably becuz both lemieux and crosby are centers. but im sure they'll play together on the PP. from the hilites, seems like crosbys playing the point on the PP.
    i'd stay away from bertuzzi rite now. its still unclear as to how he'll play after the incident. sure he looks great at practice but dats not game situation. also he got back problem rite now. watch for richards to score about 90pts, his contact is up and he wants big money.

Avls had couple of centers (Sakic and Forsberg) before and they adapt to it in the PP. Even Sweden when they play in the world cup, I have seen Sundin and Forsberg on the same line

I think if you are good player you can play any positions (beside the goalie of couse

Sens looks really good this year. I really think they should of keep Hossa but Healtey is not a bad trade.
    Flame on I am gone...

The game results from today were:

Habs 2 vs Bruins 1 - no surprised there as it was a close game and it could've gone either way.

Rangers 5 vs Flyers 3 - I'm not surprised that Flyers lost cause I thought their team was not built for the new NHL. I am surprised though that the Rangers won.

Sabres 6 vs Islanders 4 - big surprise that the Sabres won!

Caps 3 vs Jackets 2 - very surprised that the Caps won cause I thought the Jackets were a much more improved team. Then again, I always thought Ovechkin was a better prospect than Crosby and he showed it.

Thrashers 0 vs Panthers 2 - I guess either team could've won, but Thrashers won't contend without Kovalchuk cause Hossa can't carry a team by himself.

Pengs 1 vs Devils 5 - Hmmm... I thought the new system was suppose to help teams like Pittsburgh and hurt teams like New Jersey. Then again, the Devils have always been the better team.

Hurricanes 2 vs Bolts 5 - It was expected.

Wings 5 vs Blues 1 - The Blues aren't a good team, but I didn't expect Detroit to beat them by 4 goals.

Leafs 2 vs Sens 3 - I expected it to go to a shootout given the history of the two teams. Could've gone either way.

Preds 3 vs Sharks 2 - The Preds are a much improved team and the Sharks are a much hyped about team.

Ducks 5 vs Blackhawks 3 - I expected it. Khabibulin won't be as good now that he's not behind a good team like the Bolts. Still, the Hawks are a much improved team (and so are the Ducks).

Stars 5 vs Kings 4 - The result was expected, but I still think the Stars is a top team in the west

Oilers 4 vs Avs 3 - I'm somewhat surprised by this result. I thought the Avs are still a great team even without Foppa and Foote and I thought the Oilers will be hurt more with their new players. I guess I was wrong...at least for now. Only time will tell.

Canucks 3 vs Coyotes 2 - I'm surprised it wasn't 6-2 for the Canucks. Cujo had to stand on his head in the first 2 periods. I guess I'll give credit to Gretzky the coach. Btw, Naslund looked great and Ohlund was magnificent given that he miss more than a year and a half of hockey and still perform like a rock!

Flames 3 vs Wild 6 - I'm surprised the Wild won and by that margin, but I'm not surprised that the Flames lost. They are the most hyped team in the NHL just cause of their one playoff run. I know it's just one game, but the Flames aren't a Stanley Cup contender! They still have a good chance of making it to the playoffs, but come on, they are not a top team in the West.

My two cents on day one of NHL hockey.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

wow what a day! 15 games, i cant even keep up w/ all the scores. its like getting hockey overdose haha.
    just from the games dat i somewhat paid attention to
    habs vs bruins: pretty poopy way for the bruins to lose at the end w/ 2 weak penalties. pretty good game from bergeron, he'll be a good player down the line, better then what i expect of him.
    rangers vs flyers: omg, jagr is back!! this is the guy who WAS the best player in the league, and hes back to prove it to be true once again. foppa also played well. philly's goalie looks kinda weak tho.
    caps vs jackets: ovechkin should win the ROY award imo. hes older then crosby and played again men for 2 yrs. i think hes just more mature and better THIS YEAR.
    pens vs devils: man broduer is still the best goalie in the league. kinda disappointed in the pens PP tho.
    oilers vs avs: who the heck is horcroft!?!? haha
    flames vs wild: are the flames not as good as we think? or are the wilds better then we think? or is it just a fluke??

finally, the game dat i went to
    canucks vs yotes: great game from nazzy and ohlund and clouts. cujo played great too, w/out him the nucks would've ran away w/ the game early. bert looks like hes still in preseason form, making bad drop passes, missing passes and tryin too much fancy stuff. the 'brother line' looks awesome too, no points but lots of chances. daniel trippin over himself on the breakaway must be the funniest thing i've seen in a long time! haha
    i lost my voice but its all worth it!

Anyone feel like me last nite when the Leafs and the Sens had that shoot out. I was so looking forward to this but it wasn't as exciting as I had imagine or hope.

I don't know maybe is the regular season game or I hype myself too much.
    Flame on I am gone...

Wing beat the Blues 4-3, to take both games Life is good Now only if I could get to watch ones of these games, hope my vcr/dvd will actually record

Yes, life is good for the Wings if they play the Blues 82 times a year. j/k

Anyway, my thoughts on tonight's Nucks vs Oilers game.

I think the Oilers outplayed us all night tonight. Man, did we suck at faceoffs. We were very lucky to even be ahead in the 3rd. We were luckier to even get out of this with a point. I don't think Bertuzzi should've been on the shootout with his stone cold hands of late. He looks more like the Bertuzzi of 60 points several years ago than the Bert of 90+ points of a few years ago. I can't believe that Nalsund didn't deke on his shot. That's the first time I've ever seen him shoot on a breakaway / penalty shot. And James, you're right. The shootout wasn't exciting at all. It's not cause of the Nucks didn't score, but it just didn't feel exciting at all.

All the penalties with the exception of 2 should've been called in the new NHL. Morrison's penalty was bad cause it was actually the Oiler player who was holding his stick and not him hooking. One of the Oiler penalties was a mystery call as well.

The Nucks looked so uninspired with the exception of Naslund and Park. The Sedins with Carter had a few odd chances, but overall they weren't good tonight.

I can't believe Salo was so brutal defensively. I can forgive him tonight cause at least he scored a bunch of points. However, I can't forgive McCarthy. He was brutal defensively and no way do I want him to be on our D if he keeps playing like that. Allen was good, with the exception of a few minor errors, but those could be corrected with more experience.

Is it me or does Baumer actually look like a NHL d-man???

Ohlund and Jovo were very good at puck control and it's obvious judging from tonight's play, who our top d-men were. Someone should tell Ohlund he can not flip the puck over the glass. That caused us the game.

I guess once the players get used to these new rules, we'll see more free flowing offensive hockey withouth the PPs.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!