Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

This has nothing to do with hockey (well other than the penguins and it's on the ice), but this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.hamncheez.com/pictures/penguin-slap.gif')

The most amazing hockey goal ever scored!

http://y.wimp.com/v/skills.wmv
    Last edited by Bai Qi44; 10-10-05 at 06:09 AM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Bai Qi, i gotta disagree w/ u about our D. i think ohlund and salo are by far the best Dmen we have rite now. especially ohlund today, he was a monster on D, breaking up the play TWICE on a 5 on 3 and clearing it, then made dat amazing pass to hank for the goal. salo is playing solid and hits and shoots alot, and he was the first star tonite.
    i think the nucks so far this season is playing below their capability. nazzy, ohlund, salo, allen and our goalies are playing great, park, carter and linden are decent, and everybody else is playing average to very badly (bert and morrison). sometime i feel badly for naslund this season, hes skating as fast as i've ever seen, backcheck like crazy, and even throw a few hits, and his linemates are making stupid plays (mo) or coasting out there (bert). im happy w/ the sedins line today, but they've been kinda invisible the first couple games. kesler is not as good rite now as advertise (especially offensively) but im sure he'll eventually develop into a good 3rd liner. i thot baumgartner and mccarthy sux, forcing crawford to overplay his top 4. their play is so bad im actually missing sopel and malik
    hopefully the nucks in their act together and put on a good run, they cant keep playing like this.

kolab- haha nucks beat your wings

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    Bai Qi, i gotta disagree w/ u about our D. i think ohlund and salo are by far the best Dmen we have rite now. especially ohlund today, he was a monster on D, breaking up the play TWICE on a 5 on 3 and clearing it, then made dat amazing pass to hank for the goal. salo is playing solid and hits and shoots alot, and he was the first star tonite.

Monkey, I don't think you quite read my post correctly. I said Ohlund was good (in the Edmonton game). It was just that one brainfart mistake I was complaining about when it came to Ohlund. I said he has to get use to this new rule and stop doing that. It caused us the game. But no doubt, Matty is our No. 1 d-man.

As for Salo, I thought he was brutal defensively in the first two periods of the Edmonton game. That wasn't the Salo I expected. However, it was just those 2 periods and he more than made up for it in tonight's game (defensive-wise) from what I heard. I couldn't watch the game tonight btw.

i think the nucks so far this season is playing below their capability. nazzy, ohlund, salo, allen and our goalies are playing great, park, carter and linden are decent, and everybody else is playing average to very badly (bert and morrison). sometime i feel badly for naslund this season, hes skating as fast as i've ever seen, backcheck like crazy, and even throw a few hits, and his linemates are making stupid plays (mo) or coasting out there (bert). im happy w/ the sedins line today, but they've been kinda invisible the first couple games. kesler is not as good rite now as advertise (especially offensively) but im sure he'll eventually develop into a good 3rd liner. i thot baumgartner and mccarthy sux, forcing crawford to overplay his top 4. their play is so bad im actually missing sopel and malik
    hopefully the nucks in their act together and put on a good run, they cant keep playing like this.

kolab- haha nucks beat your wings
    There's not too much I disagree with you there. However, for the first 2 games of the season, I thought Baumer was decent. Decent as in he didn't make glaring defensive errors. For tonight's game against the Wings, I have no idea cause I couldn't watch it. As for McCarthy, just watching the Edmonton game pains me. He looks like a rookie d-man making serious glaring errors. He shouldn't be in the NHL if he keeps this up. No wonder Chicago traded him for a bag of pucks. I would much rather have Beiska in there right now. I don't know if that'll hurt our cap cause I think McCarthy is on a one-way contract and there's no way to get rid of him. No team would want him and we can't send him to the minors cause it'll still count against the cap.

Hmm... Heatley is recovering nicely from his incident, but Bert is back to being the floater that he was for so long with the Nucks. When is he going to get this over him like Heatley did. I hope he doesn't continue this play for much longer. We need offense from all our forwards, especially the more talented ones. What's up with Morrison too? Like I said before, he wasn't worth the $$$ he signed for and now, it's even more glaring. Naslund can't do it alone.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Monkey, I don't think you quite read my post correctly. I said Ohlund was good (in the Edmonton game). It was just that one brainfart mistake I was complaining about when it came to Ohlund. I said he has to get use to this new rule and stop doing that. It caused us the game. But no doubt, Matty is our No. 1 d-man.
    , my mistake hehe

As for Salo, I thought he was brutal defensively in the first two periods of the Edmonton game. That wasn't the Salo I expected. However, it was just those 2 periods and he more than made up for it in tonight's game (defensive-wise) from what I heard. I couldn't watch the game tonight btw.
    i thought the whole team plays crappy in the first 2 period against edm, so mabbe dats y i didnt notice salo being bad. i do remember jovo losing position on horcroff which lead to the first goal. dat mite have overshadow salo's bad play. but salo was good on the PP tho, not only for his goal, but he moves the puck well.

There's not too much I disagree with you there. However, for the first 2 games of the season, I thought Baumer was decent. Decent as in he didn't make glaring defensive errors. For tonight's game against the Wings, I have no idea cause I couldn't watch it. As for McCarthy, just watching the Edmonton game pains me. He looks like a rookie d-man making serious glaring errors. He shouldn't be in the NHL if he keeps this up. No wonder Chicago traded him for a bag of pucks. I would much rather have Beiska in there right now. I don't know if that'll hurt our cap cause I think McCarthy is on a one-way contract and there's no way to get rid of him. No team would want him and we can't send him to the minors cause it'll still count against the cap.

Hmm... Heatley is recovering nicely from his incident, but Bert is back to being the floater that he was for so long with the Nucks. When is he going to get this over him like Heatley did. I hope he doesn't continue this play for much longer. We need offense from all our forwards, especially the more talented ones. What's up with Morrison too? Like I said before, he wasn't worth the $$$ he signed for and now, it's even more glaring. Naslund can't do it alone.
    baumer played average against the wings, he kinda went the wrong way on the first goal, but its just overall miscommunication btw him, auld and ohlund, so i wont blame it all on nolan. still, i just dont like him at all, all i hope for is for ohlund to turn him into sopel, one who can play in the top 4 against other team's top line becuz ohlund elavate his game. mccarthy is lost out there i agree. i was expecting him to get outmuscled and lose his man, but when he mishandle the puck, dats when i roll my eyes. this guy is supposed to be good w/ the puck, if he cant even make a simple pass or even handle the puck, what good is he for? but im hoping he'll turn it around too, since he had play well in chicago. im just worried that ohlund, jovo or salo mite get worn down at the end of the season, specially w/ the olympic this yr where they all expect to play for their country.
    i dunno whats bert's problem is. hes not skating, hes not hitting as much, and hes definitly not trying. 3 times against the wings when the puck is just out of his reach, all he have to do is take one stride to get it, and somehow he gets beat to the puck. that happen THREE TIMES!! wtf! when he does have the puck, hes trying to spin around and deke ppl instead of taking it to the net. hes a powerforward playing like a bure. w/ the new rule, if he take the puck to the net the dman will either have to let him go or take him down, and we'll either get a scoring chance or a PP. somebodys gotta slap some sense into bert quick. hes driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    i thought the whole team plays crappy in the first 2 period against edm, so mabbe dats y i didnt notice salo being bad. i do remember jovo losing position on horcroff which lead to the first goal. dat mite have overshadow salo's bad play. but salo was good on the PP tho, not only for his goal, but he moves the puck well.
    Not the whole team. At least, Naslund and Cloutier showed up. Ohlund and Jovo weren't bad either, but Ohlund with that one big error. Park wanted to show up, but he only ended up running around the ice all night. Jovo was only losing position cause he had to cover for Allen who was the real culprit of that goal. However, Allen played much better in the Detroit game and will only keep improving. Can't say the same for McCarthy till he shows it.

baumer played average against the wings, he kinda went the wrong way on the first goal, but its just overall miscommunication btw him, auld and ohlund, so i wont blame it all on nolan. still, i just dont like him at all, all i hope for is for ohlund to turn him into sopel, one who can play in the top 4 against other team's top line becuz ohlund elavate his game.
    I never liked it when Sopel carried the puck out of our zone. He's too much of an "adventure". But, Sopel was really good on our PP. He's much better than any of the point men we have right now. His numbers showed it. I don't care if Baumgartner has no offense or ever plays on the PP again as long as he can play D, I'm happy.

mccarthy is lost out there i agree. i was expecting him to get outmuscled and lose his man, but when he mishandle the puck, dats when i roll my eyes. this guy is supposed to be good w/ the puck, if he cant even make a simple pass or even handle the puck, what good is he for? but im hoping he'll turn it around too, since he had play well in chicago. im just worried that ohlund, jovo or salo mite get worn down at the end of the season, specially w/ the olympic this yr where they all expect to play for their country.
    Well, with the way Allen played in the Detroit game, I can see Crawford using him a lot too. It's Baumer and McCarthy I'm really worried about, specially McCarthy. I would much rather have Bourdon in there than this guy. Even watching the Edmonton game, I could tell McCarthy can't handle the puck. We really need Beiska in the lineup if McCarthy keeps playing like this.

i dunno whats bert's problem is. hes not skating, hes not hitting as much, and hes definitly not trying. 3 times against the wings when the puck is just out of his reach, all he have to do is take one stride to get it, and somehow he gets beat to the puck. that happen THREE TIMES!! wtf! when he does have the puck, hes trying to spin around and deke ppl instead of taking it to the net. hes a powerforward playing like a bure. w/ the new rule, if he take the puck to the net the dman will either have to let him go or take him down, and we'll either get a scoring chance or a PP. somebodys gotta slap some sense into bert quick. hes driving me nuts.
    A few hits from Bert???? I haven't even seen one! He's not playing like the Bert of old. Even when he wasn't scoring in the past, at least he was hitting. Remember the Blues series? Now, he's just floating on the ice. What's worse is that Morrison is doing the same. This guy's suppose to be one of our fastest players, yet I haven't seen him even try.

Uhhh.... Minnie in an hour. I have to listen to it on CKNW cause I don't have cable!!! >_<
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Wow, the whole team stunk up the joint tonight! 6-0 to of all teams, Minne!!!

The last time the Nucks played this bad was when the Bertuzzi incident happened. What the hell is wrong with Crawford dressing Brookbank. The guy doesn't even have skills to play in the AHL! Why take out Goren. At least Goren won't be a liability even when he's not producing. McCarthy proves once again that he has no business in the NHL.

Why is Nalsund our only forward who even tries. Now, I'm starting to wonder if we should've gotten rid of Bertuzzi and his $5mill arse when we had the chance. Now, we're screwed cause of the cap and we can't do anything about it.

Monkey, what do you think of Morrison's $3.2mill arse now?

Remember when I said Salo was awlful defensively in that Edmonton game? Well, he really showed it again against Minne.

Anyway, I'm glad we lost and lost big at that. It's a wake up call and we badly needed one with the way we were playing. Our 2-0-1 recorde were not indicative of how bad we were playing. This isn't the Nucks team I remember. What happened to all the crisp passing and our transition game?
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Wow, the whole team stunk up the joint tonight! 6-0 to of all teams, Minne!!!

The last time the Nucks played this bad was when the Bertuzzi incident happened. What the hell is wrong with Crawford dressing Brookbank. The guy doesn't even have skills to play in the AHL! Why take out Goren. At least Goren won't be a liability even when he's not producing. McCarthy proves once again that he has no business in the NHL.

Why is Nalsund our only forward who even tries. Now, I'm starting to wonder if we should've gotten rid of Bertuzzi and his $5mill arse when we had the chance. Now, we're screwed cause of the cap and we can't do anything about it.

Monkey, what do you think of Morrison's $3.2mill arse now?

Remember when I said Salo was awlful defensively in that Edmonton game? Well, he really showed it again against Minne.

Anyway, I'm glad we lost and lost big at that. It's a wake up call and we badly needed one with the way we were playing. Our 2-0-1 recorde were not indicative of how bad we were playing. This isn't the Nucks team I remember. What happened to all the crisp passing and our transition game?
    wat an *** kicking we took last nite. wow. never thot minny would be this good, even after them beating the flames 6-3 in the season opener.
    brookbank was dressed cuz minny have a few fighers in their lineup, so we needed to dress him. but playing him on D?? dats just asking for trouble. mccarthy once again shown y the hawks had to dump him. when a player isnt good enuff for the bottom feeding hawks, u know he have problems. but i never would imagine he'd suck so bad. i'll give him 20 more games or so, but after dat if he dont improve hes outta here.
    i cant believe how ppl are still kissing bertuzzi's *** these days. mcguire is still saying bert is "playing ok" and "throw some big hits" and "stayin outta trouble". bert is a big floating leach rite now, hes sucking the life outta nazzy. mo is just as bad, but at least hes killing penalty well. im so happy when crawford split up the top line. god, i almost reach into the tv and strangle both of them last nite haha. mo is surely making me regret his contract. wats up w/ dat tho? both bert and mo start tanking after signing a new contract? is nazzy the only one caring about the team? from now on we can only sign our swedish players to long term contract haha.
    i agree w/ u about this being a blessing in disguise. if we can use this as a wake up call it'll be worth it. it almost seemed like the nucks were tryin to find out how badly they can play and still pick up pts. its good we get embarassed like this, i only regret it wasnt 10-0 so we'll be the talk of the league. lets see if this lite a fire under the nucks, im gonna love these back to back games against the same team, it'll be like the playoff.

Much better effort tonight. I didn't get a chance to listen or watch the game so I can't really comment. All I know is that we outshot them 41-13 and we were still tied going into the 3rd. Wow! Oh well, at least we won.

Btw, what happened to all the other hockey fans. Where are you guys?
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

last game vs minny was arguably the best defensive effort by a canucks team i've EVER seen. i dont think we'll see the nucks limiting their opponets to just 13 shots again anytime soon.

Well, the forum is back up again. It's time for hockey again.

Anyway, I was disappointed in tonight's game. Disappointed as in we didn't hammer CBJ on a tail end of a back-to-back. Oh well, as long as we're winning, personal stats don't mean much. I don't care if Bert or Naslund don't finish in the top 40 in scoring as long as we can see that SC at the end, nothing else matters.

Oh yeah, I want us to play and beat Detroit again since we're the only team who can beat them in regulation.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

I hate the Red Wings too

I am really suprise how well Oilers are playing... maybe is the team they are beating but they are working hard and winning big.

Leafs is hurting in their defenses... Man either they dominate with their offense but if the other team take control of the game... it is hard for them to win unless Belfour or Tellviq (sp) is on top of their game but they are very inconsistent

Flames will bounce back I think. Kipo is not as good as he was last year but I believe they will bounce back.

Nuks have great chemistry and Naslund, Bert and Morrison will pick up in points.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I don't hate the Wings. I just like beating them cause they're an upper echelon team. I say the same for the Sens. It's great that the Sens can beat up teams like Thrashers, Sabres, Isles, etc... Let see how they really do against an upper echelon team from the west.

Btw, I hate the Flames. They were fully deserving of their win against the Nucks tonight, but man they're everything that the new NHL doesn't want. I hate low scoring / low chances games. The Flames played that way (it's the only way they can play to win) so it bores more people.

Btw, Bertuzzi really p*ssed me off tonight. I can see one incident when Flames players were skating passing him into our zone and he just stood there. What's even worse was that he didn't even bother to look at the puck. If u're just standing there, then it means you're not playing defense. If you're not even looking at the puck while you're standing there, then you're not going to play offense. Not only that, but when Bertuzzi got hit big time, I was glad. I thought that would ignite a spark in him, but he did absolutely nothing. This is not the same powerforward that once dominated games by himself.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

i miss the nucks game. I was at the BC Lions game. But from what i heard, the top line came short again. Bert better get his act together soon.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Can someone tell me why Chelios got a game misconduct, I believe it was the game agains the Coyotes.

Btw, Bertuzzi really p*ssed me off tonight. I can see one incident when Flames players were skating passing him into our zone and he just stood there. What's even worse was that he didn't even bother to look at the puck. If u're just standing there, then it means you're not playing defense. If you're not even looking at the puck while you're standing there, then you're not going to play offense. Not only that, but when Bertuzzi got hit big time, I was glad. I thought that would ignite a spark in him, but he did absolutely nothing. This is not the same powerforward that once dominated games by himself.
    I'm glad that Bertuzzi sucks right now. I never liked him and disliked him even more after the incident. I want him to be even worse so that it becomes really obvious to Hockey Canada that he should not be part of Team Canada. I'm crossing my fingers.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Kolab, I have no idea since I didn't follow that game. You would probably be best looking it up from official score sheets / box scores on sites like NHL.com or TSN.ca or even the Wings hp.

edit - appearantly Chelios, who's uglier than Ricci, got a 10 min misconduct for something... http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...6/GS020220.HTM

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    I'm glad that Bertuzzi sucks right now. I never liked him and disliked him even more after the incident. I want him to be even worse so that it becomes really obvious to Hockey Canada that he should not be part of Team Canada. I'm crossing my fingers.
    A lot of fans of other cities, before the incident, dislike Bert cause he irked them the wrong way. Blues fans don't like him cause he was crunching their entire d-corp in that playoff series. Wings fans don't like him cause he had a p*ssing match with Chelios for that series. Wild fans hate him cause he told them not to bother buying ticktets for game 6. As for Avs fans, that one is obvious. Before the incident, he's the type of player your team would love to have, but the other team hates. After the incident, he just became a complete mess. He's really a good person, but people like you only take guys like Bertuzzi for face value. What he did was wrong and not excusable by any means, but everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

Anyway, as for him making team Canada, he looked good in the Flames vs Nucks game last night, but overall since the start of the season, he's looked pretty horrid. If you judge overall play, then yeah, he dosen't deserve to be on team Canada.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

if bert makes team canada rite now, i'll puke. theres so many players whos more deserving then him, i really hope gretzky dont pick todd just becuz of his reputation as the best powerforward in the league. if bert turns it around, great, put him on the team, but hes got a LONG way to go.

There are so many good guys invited to the Team Canada, I dont' think anyone will be happy with the end result because their favorite player might not be on it.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Hey Monkey. Glad to see you back. I thought you went AWOL on us.

Now, back to hockey...

This is getting pretty ridiculous. We hadn't lost to the Flames at the Saddle Dome in 10 games and within 3 days, we lose twice to them. We hadn't lost 3 straight in 5 years and within 6 days, we lose 3 in a row.

Jovo is driving me insane. His defensive play this year is horrible. He thinks he's a forward. If he continues his play like this, we should get rid of his arse for anything cause he's a UFA at the end of the season anyway and his play isn't helping us at all.

Kolab, we get your Chicken Wings on Sunday. If the Nucks don't deep fry some Wings on Sunday, then I'll be really p*ssed.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

A lot of fans of other cities, before the incident, dislike Bert cause he irked them the wrong way. Blues fans don't like him cause he was crunching their entire d-corp in that playoff series. Wings fans don't like him cause he had a p*ssing match with Chelios for that series. Wild fans hate him cause he told them not to bother buying ticktets for game 6. As for Avs fans, that one is obvious. Before the incident, he's the type of player your team would love to have, but the other team hates. After the incident, he just became a complete mess. He's really a good person, but people like you only take guys like Bertuzzi for face value. What he did was wrong and not excusable by any means, but everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

Anyway, as for him making team Canada, he looked good in the Flames vs Nucks game last night, but overall since the start of the season, he's looked pretty horrid. If you judge overall play, then yeah, he dosen't deserve to be on team Canada.
    I don't really have a favorite NHL team usually, I mostly follow players. In fact, the only thing I really care about is Team Canada and I follow the players whom I think would be good for Team Canada and my favorites right now are Jason Spezza and Dany Heatly so the Sanators are at the moment my favorite NHL team to watch. So this whole theory why some fans dislike Bertuzzi doesn't concern me. I've disliked Bertuzzi ever since I first saw him sporting the Canadian jersey. I think I saw him play for Canada twice, don't really remember. All I can remember is how idiot is Bertuzzi. He was the most stupid player on ice on all occasions and made a gazillion dumb penalties. I was ashamed of my team because of Bert and that was years before the Moore incident. Right now, Bert doesn't diserve to even be a bottle boy on Team Canada. He was good in one game, does that make him diserving for a ticket to Torino? Heck NO. My enjoyment of watching Team Canada will evaporate in an instant.
    Last edited by Canuck21; 11-14-05 at 04:56 AM.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?