Page 1 of 74 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Default Hockey anyone?

Well, somebody's got to start this thread again. It seems like the Lockout is very close to ending... possibly even today.

Did you guys read about the rule changes in the new NHL? Goalies can now skate whereever they want on the ice. I like this rule, but I think the should be allowed to get hit once they leave their own zones.

Quote Originally Posted by zhaozilong44
    Well, somebody's got to start this thread again. It seems like the Lockout is very close to ending... possibly even today.

Did you guys read about the rule changes in the new NHL? Goalies can now skate whereever they want on the ice. I like this rule, but I think the should be allowed to get hit once they leave their own zones.
    Always lockout. Getting tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Always lockout. Getting tired of it.
    Yup, I got tired of it a long time ago. But it's going to be ending soon. Oh yeah, I find JR's little outburst to be a bit funny. I mean, kissing his arse and then telling fans not to come. Oh, the latest to speak his mind, "Sean Avery"!

Anyway, where are James, Monkey, DG, Trizz, and the other hockey fans. I know there's no hockey right now, but the end of the lockout and the upcoming draft for Crosby isn't enough to discuss about?

the lockout is kinda good actually
    i find im busy enuf already without hockey and i dont miss hockey too much
    but there better be hockey in september or im gunna have to buy a big satelite and watch swedish hockey

I gave up on hockey... After the memorial cup (junior) is over... there is nothing really to do with Hockey anymore.

The only thing I do with Hockey is NHL on my Xbox. Other then that just about playing roller hockey and that is about it.

I am still unsure about Crosby though...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

actually, i've still been watching some hockey over the lockout. aside from the WC, WJC, and memorial cup, i've seen some swedish hockey and ahl hockey. also, i've got the nhlnetwork (tv station) and they keep showing some classic games and "top 10s" so i dont feel any effect of the lockout.
    it also help dat i play on 3 diff hockey teams now haha.

about sean avery, as much as i appreciate and respect the way he came out and appologize to the fans, his and other players (legace, among others) whining is getting tiring. they come out and blame bob goodenow (BG) for everything, they claim ignorance, they complain about not being kept in the dark, and so on. however, they are the one who gave BG the power to run the show, they blindly follow BG's strategy, and if they really wanted to im sure they can find out whats going on, but they dont bother. i think the players should take some responsibility and stop putting all the blame on others.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

Me too, i gave up on hockey too, i spend most of my time now hangout with my friends or i go movies. I dont think i'll watch much hockey if it ever comes back, i lost the interest already.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    Me too, i gave up on hockey too, i spend most of my time now hangout with my friends or i go movies. I dont think i'll watch much hockey if it ever comes back, i lost the interest already.
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The lockout is officially over!

Woohoo!!! Now, I care about hockey again.

Hmm... I wonder what my Nucks roster would look like now. With both Scott and Rob N. wanting to come to Vancouver, I'm a bit curious. I don't want Rob N. cause I think he sucks. Scott on the other hand.... I would love to see him and Kariya here without losing Naslund.

And yes, I changed my handle name again.

Come on people. The draft lottery is next week. This is your team's one and only chance to get Crosby.

Try this and see where you place in the draft order.

http://members.shaw.ca/vorpalbunnies.../official.html

This is the system they'll use for the upcoming draft lottery held on July 21st. Every team is allowed a max of 3 balls. Teams who have made the playoffs in the last 3 years lose a ball. Teams who have had the #1 pick in the last three years (doesn't matter if you traded it away like the Panthers did) lose a ball. No team can lose more than 2 balls. The simulator above shows exactly what teams are getting how many balls.

I clicked about 30 times before my Nucks finally got the #1 pick. Of course, they only have one ball and a 2.2% chance of winning it all. A team like the Sabres would have 3 balls and a %6.6 to get the number 1 pick.

knowing the canucks and their draft luck, they'll end up w/ the 30th overall pick. but i like this weight system for the 'nucks, since they will usually have 0% chance at crosby.
    even if we dont get crosby, if we can get our hand on one of johnson, brule, ryan or kopitar i wouldnt be too disapppointed.

It would be sweet if the Canucks got Brule. I personally don't like Crosby's personality too much. He could be a stinker because so much pressure of him being the next Gretzky and stuff
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

too bad brule said he didnt wanna be drafted by the 'nucks

The pens got Crosby!!!

Oh man, I didn't think we would be so close to getting him (well top 10). Damn!!!! Then again, we got 10, which is way better than what we usually get. However, I heard that outside of the top 6, there's really not that much to get excited about.

I was soooooooo freakishly scared out of my skin when it was down to the Ducks and Pengs. Of course, I was rooting for the Pengs. I mean, if the Ducks win Crosby, the Nucks can pretty much say goodbye to Naslund and the Avs can say goodbye to Forsberg. Now, both teams have a good chance of keeping their star players. I'm upset we didn't get him and I doubt Brule would be around by the time we draft. Still, I'm just glad the Ducks didn't get him or else we could just hand the cup to Anahiem.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

i was like oh no Burkie is gonna get him. Im happy that Pittsburgh eventually got it. So how come Brule doesn't want to get drafted by the Canucks?
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

What a horrible day to be a Leafs fan...we draft 21 and Ottawa and Montreal both draft top 10...

Ah...well at least hockey's back.

I hope Alex Mogilny comes back but I highly doubt it....He was such an awesome player to watch...funny guy too, his quotes are hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by sum_azn_gurl
    What a horrible day to be a Leafs fan...we draft 21 and Ottawa and Montreal both draft top 10...

Ah...well at least hockey's back.

I hope Alex Mogilny comes back but I highly doubt it....He was such an awesome player to watch...funny guy too, his quotes are hilarious!
    haha ppl in Vancouver were harsh cheering when we heard that. The only reason why i cheer for Toronto is because of Pat Quinn and my fave player almo89

Yeah...the Leafs do seem to have a lot of enemies dont they?

I never really loved Quinn as coach because of his reluctance to play younger players which we need to train so dearly (it's no secret that the Leafs are old)...Well at least he doesn't play the trap...

Anyways, I hear Naslund is an UFA, wonder if he'll stick with Vancouver.

BTW, Mogilny is my fav player too...he's a magician on the ice, gives you chills everytime he touches the puck, anyways I doubt he'll be back, I think its still his hip...

Quote Originally Posted by sum_azn_gurl
    Yeah...the Leafs do seem to have a lot of enemies dont they?

I never really loved Quinn as coach because of his reluctance to play younger players which we need to train so dearly (it's no secret that the Leafs are old)...Well at least he doesn't play the trap...

Anyways, I hear Naslund is an UFA, wonder if he'll stick with Vancouver.

BTW, Mogilny is my fav player too...he's a magician on the ice, gives you chills everytime he touches the puck, anyways I doubt he'll be back, I think its still his hip...
    The Leafs have enemies everywhere just like the Rangers! haha

Yes Nalsund is an UFA, which was why I got so scared in the lottery when it was down to Anaheim and Pittsburgh. Anaheim is one of the teams Nalsund was rumored to go. If the Ducks got the 1st overall pick, I'm certain both Nalsund and Forsberg would move there.

Almo is also one of my all-time favorite players too. He says it the way it is and I swear he's the most "opportunistic" guy that ever played hockey. Too bad that Almo / Bure combo never worked out for us.

Almo89 - I have also not heard why Brule doesn't want to play for us. I don't know where monkey got that one from, but since Brule plays for the Giants, I'm assuming he'll love to play for the Canucks.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

I like mogilny so much because of his personality. I love his don't give a shit about what others think attitude. The media hates him because he's not "media friendly" Him and Bure could have been such a good combo but it seems like both like playing on the right wing. I love Mogilny's quick release. Something Naslund doesn't have. Almo has such a quick release and when he's on a breakaway, he's deadly