Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Series: Fantasy Hotel [Feat. Michael Tao, Wayne Lai,etc]

Default happy hotel

apparently this is a production in the making @ present.. .. credits go to
    www.tvbspacenews.com as it seems that the guy who played "ah hoi" in kindred spirit has made a comeback to TVB....

anyways.. i was wondering if the plot to this is like the korean version of hotelier.... as i believe the producer of "Happy hotel" is known to produce a series with at least 30+episodes

Default happy hotel

hmm..seems like its a happy ending film...

just realised too that there's another hotel-based type film made by TVB,,, with the lovely kenix kwok (lam) and thats called hotel turmoils

Default New Series: Fantasy Hotel [Feat. Michael Tao, Wayne Lai,etc]

Just saw in K100 that this series is airing today (Mon 07-04 in HK). Anyone know more in details what it is about. I know the storyline tells about a couple of tour guides.

[POSTER]
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://welcometomyspace.com/images/ent/fantasyhotel.jpg')

Also featuring Melissa Ng Mei Hang. This is a comedy...very basically --Hon San (Wayne) and Kam Chi Kit (Michael) are well known tour guides in HK. They focus on bringing Mainlanders tour groups to Hong Kong. Kar Men (Melissa) is a newbie in the industry. They later on inherit a "hotel" after saving the boss, Wu Fung's life in a fire.

This series is showing till episode 5 last week in Hong Kong...

Poster from the show
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://claire.pigeond.net/bbs/discuz/attachments/S4lK_fantasy_hotel.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    This series is showing till episode 5 last week in Hong Kong...

Poster from the show
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://claire.pigeond.net/bbs/discuz/attachments/S4lK_fantasy_hotel.jpg')

melissa looks pretty, as usual
    cant wait to watch this serial

Quote Originally Posted by ichliebemich
    melissa looks pretty, as usual
    cant wait to watch this serial
    ***mini-spoiler notice***

Melissa permed her hair for this show because she wants to change others' impression on her..She's always playing sophisticated, professional roles and in this series, she's trying out her comedic skills. So, she need to lose that professional aura about her and try being clumsy and silly! I think she's succeeding thus far.

I am enjoying the series. I am a natural fan of the series because I love to see Michael Tao and Wayne Lai. Wayne is the most experienced when it comes to comedy, compared to Michael and Melissa. He has the most memorable lines so far in the series (watching it in cantonese!) Those lines are catchy and easy to repeat. A natural actor with good comedic timing.

Michael is surprisingly good. Most of the time, his scenes with Melissa have been funny bickering at each other. Michael even spoke English during some scenes in Episode 2! It was entertaining at the same time refreshing to have this two pair up. A new actress (forgot her real name, her character name is Dong Ni or something like that) joins Michael's tour on Episode 7. She's quite cute looking.
    Last edited by ginnie; 07-11-05 at 07:28 PM.

is this comedy?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    is this comedy?
    haha..cherrie..you didn't read previous posts, did you? This is comedy...

I watched 6 chapters of this already. I find it pretty good, very funny!
    Favourite---Idol: Lee Young Ae, Myolie Wu
    Favourite---Series: Jewel In the Palace, War In-Law, The Dance of Passion

Visit The Dance of Passion Blogger

This series is pretty funny! i'm on ep4 right now! Micheal and Melissa are realy funny! i can't believe alex cheated on her, i kinda knew in the beginning..bowie was so close to him...its soo funny, she put the egg tarts in the microwave and it blew up on everyone!! haha!

I watched the first two tapes of this and its pretty funny... Its funny how melissa keeps bringing bad luck to michael and wayne I like the part where she was walking up the mountain and she looked like a ghost and made the ambulance crash and then she did the same thing with the bus!
    But yea its sad Alex cheated on Melissa.. He goes to that Bowie chick when melissa doesnt respond and goes back to melissa when bowie gets mad...
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Kinda predictable that Alex and Melissa won't last long together since she will be paired with Michael later in the show.

Usually when the lead actress gets into a relationship too early in the show with someone else other than male lead..........it won't last......except maybe for Frankie Lam's Herbalist's Manual....still crossing my fingers on that one.

Who's the girl that plays Bowie? does anyone know?..she looks familiar ...

Since some mentioned their favorite scene..I'll add my twocents in..
    For me, it has to be the the mountain sequence when Kam Chi Kit (Michael) had to take care of Carmen (Melissa)'s tour group. It was funny all the way through the scene till Carmen's little ghost stint. The scenes following that including how a heartbroken Carmen insisted the Chi Kit's taxi driver to take her home first and Chi Kit being splashed on were hilarious.

There are some slangs that they always use. "Ng Sai Man Ah Guai" - No need to ask Ah Guai...is used to mean "Needless to say"

Tong Ying Ying is very good as Kiu Chor. I can't believe the things she says especially when she is playing mahjong! It is not only tactless, it is plain mean...

I saw a few episodes of this serie, at first I didn't liked it at all because the people who are playing in it are kinda unknown, but it's actually very funny. My favourite scene was when Melissa have to sign the divorce papers but his husband didn't, so hilarious

thanks! yeah i didn't read the previous posts
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

So I'll be starting to watch this series, and just wondering how this series is?

I'm suprised Melissa is casted as the main female lead for the show, and I don't particular think she is outstanding IMO. Just wondering how she is in this series?

So is this series worth watching, I enjoyed both of Michael Tao's new series Love Bond and Shine on You, so I decided to give this series a try.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

well, I have always liked Michael's series, starting from FOJ. I am so glad that after a few years of hiatus, he's back with TVB.

I've just one of the episodes.. I liked a part when Micheal suddenly burst and scolded every staff of the hotel and calling them names..

The part when he knows he scolded Melissa wrongly was funny too..