Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Find The Light 《英雄‧刀‧少年》

Default Find The Light 《英雄‧刀‧少年》

im currently watching this series. been going fast w/ this series. im already in ep 16 since starting this 2 days ago. if i were to choose between ron and bosco, i definitely prefer bosco's character. i can't stand ron moping around with shirley.
    i can't wait to find out the ending so i watched the last ep (with fast forwards though so as not to spoil 'much' ) hmmm.... the ending sucks! yeah i know the reform did not succeed until yrs after, but the story ended with ron rescuing bosco in prison....then what happens? it was never told....
    i felt i will be very sorry for leila. i had guessed that the ugly man (her love interest there) was evil....i was right all along....but somehow towards the end i didn't see her. my guess was that she died for her love....
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-30-08 at 10:09 PM.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

yes, i agree!

i really liked bosco in here too! he was so intelligent and smart. unlike ron who never thought about what he did.
    the ending does suck, it was like so unclimatic, i had to think twice that it actually ended!

leila was in it? i totally forgot about her

leila plays the maid of shirley. the one who loves ron and bosco's friend who turns bad upon becoming a govt official.
    for once i think bosco is not that bad looking at all
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Wow cherrie!!! You sure move fast, lol. Last I heard you were going to get it and now you almost done? Hehe, so what do you think about it overall though?

I agree with both of you guys. This was the first serei that I can remember of seeing both of these guys so I didn't know much on either of them. Did perfer Bosco in there and his relationship with Tavia more then Ron and Shirley's. I liked Bosco's character, more towards the end however.

Anyways I felt bad for Leila's character. I wish her role would have been larger and her death was so unsignificant in ways. Well there was somewhat of significant, but how the news broke out wasn't what I expected. Wish it would have been more dramatic, lol ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

hi goddess! im done with the series now. here are some of my thoughts.
    i do agree that the ending is very rushed. for one, i was expecting a more dramatic and difficult death for damien. but then, he's dead before you even knew what happened. well, i don't actually know what's that gooey substance on him. is it wax?
    i agree w/ you. i prefer bosco and tavia's love story. ron and shirley did nothing but act as if they were brainless. can't stand them! even till the end ron is still rash in his actions; unlike bosco who always thinks first before he acts.
    btw, i did some research later on and found out that there's indeed a character of 'tan si tong'! he's one of the 6 gentlemen put into jail for making the 100 days reform. they failed and put into jail (just like how the narrator said in the end), but they were executed. the story ended w/ ron rescuing bosco from jail and that their friendship became known and admired by many. but in reality, bosco did die. and one hero that they kept mentioning there, 'kang you wei' was said to be evil in reality. he was the traitor, that's why the 6 gentlemen and the reform failed. and remember damien's friend, the one who bit his tongue and died? there's actually that character in history. his name was lu hao tong, he's the leader of the anti-feudalism movement. on the contrary, there were no damien nor ron characters
    i liked tavia's role at first; but i don't like her the minute she became run er again. i really don't understand why she had to run away from bosco when her true identity was revealed.
    hehe, speaking of tavia, remember when she sought refuge in the church? that famous cameo was once again the british...this time a priest anyway, there's this one scene where tavia was saying thanks to him for letting her live in the church. then know what the priest answered her? he said, 'no problem, anyway the tam family (bosco's family) donates a lot of money to our church anyway....' then he goes on saying, 'beneath god's eyes all men are equal.....' i burst out laughing when i heard his first reason o, and speaking of him, he actually played 2 roles in the series! one was as the priest, then the other one....he's the cameraman! remember that scene where ron, bosco and shirley had this picture taking? i noticed at once that he's the cameraman!
    cherrie

Wow! I dont even remember how this series ended... lol... All i remember is that there was ron, bosco, shirley, leila, maggie, and damien.... i dont even remember tavia... o.... wait.. did she play bosco's wife but bosco never liked her till the end? I think its something like that...

Anyways.. i think damien died in wax/glue... something thick and sticky....
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Talking

Damien's death was just like WTF...I guess he couldn't breathe :P

I did NOT like the Ron/Shirley pairing in here. I would've preferred Shirley be Leila's maid lol ^^ Leila's pairing was so fugly...-_-

Tavia and Bosco made such an adorable couple in this series, kekekekeke.
    You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex...
    A stranger with your doorkey explaining that I am just visiting
    And I am finally seeing why I was the one worth leaving...

what's WTF?
    yeah, leila's pair there was so ugly! he can't even act!
    oh, and did i ever mention this? shirley actually reminds me of charmaine! i think it's on her acting or what....but i don't hate her as much as i hate charmaine's acting
    cherrie

shirley reminds you of charmaine by looks or acting... cause a lot of ppl thought she looked like charmiane during miss hong kong
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

well she did look like charmaine.
    hey i just want to point this out. don't you think bosco looked like the japanese actor toshiaki karasawa here? here's his pic:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/Panasoft/60/s_p1003436160.jpg')
    he's the guy in front.
    cherrie

yeah i was dissapointed with Leila's role in this series cause it was so small! that was surprising cause in all the other series her role was ALOT bigger. haha but i hated her love interest. I hated him in DOC as well.

I dunno Shirley and Ron were so boring. I fast forward most parts to watch Bosco and Tavia. and when Leila died -- was just plain mad.
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

cherrie, i guess they look kinda alike... but i dont see that much resemblance... maybe cuz the pic is small

i'll find a pic with the japanese actor wearing eyeglasses. they really look similar!
    is leila's love interest also in DOC? what role did he play?
    yeah, i wished leila's character has more development.
    and all the while im expecting leila's grandpa (shirley's si fu) to have more role. im kinda expecting he might turn up anti govt or something like that. somehow they did not explain the grandpa's background. afterall, he knows martial arts
    cherrie

well Leila's love interest was in DOC as well. you know when the company was hiring ppl and they hired Rain and Sharon? it was the third person the guy.
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

xoxoxox

this is kinda off topic but did ya guys hear wat happened to bosco? Well, he went out to eat with hong wah and when they finished some fans came over for pics and autographs... well.. some guy comes over and hits bosco on the head and bosco had to go to the hospital to get seven stitches on the forehead... its really sad.... i sa the interview on the jade star thing... he was in tears and he looked really tired
    Last edited by Inferno323; 09-04-04 at 01:28 PM.

xox, do you mean that guy who commented on Rain's shirt? Is that him? If that is the one your talking about then he looks quite different in here!!! Much better looking for sure

hey inferno I read about that accident and it is very unfortunate for him Did not see that Jade StarBiz thing though. I'm sure he would definately be tired after something like that. Lets just hope for his recovery then ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yep goddess thats the one. at first i wasnt sure but when i watched FTL i am positive it is him.

xoxoxox

yes, i remember him now! he's this arrogant guy who got accepted in the company together with rain and sharon. he looks better in doc, though he's still ugly
    yep, i've heard of that news too. there are reports that say he's with benny chan there, but they said it's not true because they are not even close. well hope's bosco's okay now.
    cherrie

Lol, I actually liked his character in DOC though. At least after he got accepted into the company and made peace with Rain He isn't that bad looking actually. I wouldn't call him gorgeous, but he isn't ugly Definately looks better in DOC!! Lol, I was actually thinking he might have something with Rain in there, but sadly no, hehe.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

apparently tvb decided that he stays as a minor character probably because they want to give more screentime for myolie?
    cherrie