Since we all agree (especially Mister Candide) that most Gu Long's works are not first rate material, despite being one of the most prolific Wuxia writers and a Wuxia genius of all time, especially after The Legendary Twins, where his writings started to mature and he fully developed his own niche in Wuxia writings. His best works are indeed very exciting to read and his style is so unique and will glue to the book from start to finish.
So to all of you who have read a lot Gu Long's novels, please reccomend Gu Long's Best 20 novels (out of the 73 novels he wrote).
Some of the titles I heard being repeated and reccomended over and over again :
1. Huan Hua Ci Jian Lu (The Tale of Refining the Sword Like Cleansing the Flower)
2. Ming Jian Feng Liu (The Sword and The Exquisiteness or A Graceful Swordsman)
3. Jue Dai Xuang Jian (The Legendary Twins)
4. Duo Qing Jian Ke Wu Qing Jian (Sentimental Swordsman, Ruthless Sword)
5. Da Ren Wu (Big Time Celebrity)
6. Xiao Shi Yi Lang (The Eleventh Son)
7. Huao Pin Xiao Shi Yi Lang (Sequel to The Eleventh Son)
8. LiuXing, HuDie, Jian (Meteor, Butterfly & Sword)
9. Huan Le Ying Xiong (A Happy Hero)
10. San Shaoye De Jian (Sword of the Third Master)
11. Bian Cheng LanZi (Bordertown Wanderer)
12. Jiuyue Ying Fe (Flying Eagle in September)
13. Yuan Yue Wan Dao (Full Moon Curved Sabre)
14. Guxing Zhuan (The Lonestar Swordsman)
15. Wu Lin Wai Shi (The Fanciful Tale of Wulin)
16. Chu Lu Xiang (Xie Hai Piao Xiang)
17. Chu Lu Xiang (Da Sha Mo)
18. Lu Xiao feng (Lu Xiao Feng Chuanqi)
19. Lu Xiao Feng (Xiuhua Da Dao)
20. Lu Xiao Feng (Juezhan Qian Hou)
Anyone care to add or change these reccomendations or have some comments ?