Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Seven Swords [2005] - A Tsui Hark's Film

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    I still don't get the seemingly magical properties of the swords. Is it the swordsmen doing all the work or did the swords have special properties(making noises, performing LDA).
    The swords each have their own specialties. Just that the movie didn't explain due to many scenes being cut out but the TV series explains a LOT, including the specialties of the swords. Besides, Zhibang and Yuanyin are amateurs compared to the other 5 swordsmen so it should've been the swords, LOL.

I just saw this on DVD. I actually liked it more than Hero. The action is jumpy and it's sometimes hard to tell who's doing what because the lighting was purposely darkened and some of the characters look alike. It was a shame that the film was almost truncated in half from 4 hours. Some parts just leave you with the "what just happened" feeling. The plot was pretty predictable. Even the traitor was pretty obvious. I knew who the traitor was as soon as Leon said there was one. But, I like the film because the fight choreography looked fairly realistic. Use of wires were minimal. I thought the villains were cool. I am a sucker for crazy a$$ weapons. I am not normally a Leon fan, but for some reason I was giddy to see him and his older and chubbier face play a swordsman.
    This account is retired.