Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Guo Jing spank Guo Fu?

Default Did Guo Jing spank Guo Fu?

In the novel, did Guo Jing spank Guo Fu when she was young?

Also, how did Guo Fu better developed her coginition of the world around her and lose that naughty nature she once had when she was young? In any case, the aforemention of spanking is out of the equation for the reason that made Fu change her attitude in her later adult years, and I am doubtful that Yelu Qi spanked her. So what changed Fu?
    Last edited by Ken Tran; 07-10-05 at 03:16 AM.

I am doubtful that Yelu Qi spanked her
    You never know what that serious-looking young man did behind closed doors...
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

What changed Guo Fu? She matured with age... i think it was as simple as that . As she grew older she would realise the gravity of the mistakes caused by her brashness and spoilt nature. Definitely she should see that it's not nice to hack off peoples' arms? Also, after fighting over for GF for so many years, the Wu brothers eventually fell in love with other girls. That would make her realise that she was not the only woman in the world and that people do not necessarily have to put up with her foul temper and other bulls**t.

Definitely she should see that it's not nice to hack off peoples' arms?
    She knew that all along. Hacking off Yang Guo's arm wasn't quite her intention in the first place anyway.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    She knew that all along. Hacking off Yang Guo's arm wasn't quite her intention in the first place anyway.
    yup i know. I was only being a little sarcastic because i really dislike Guo Fu.

who doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    who doesn't
    I don't...at least not as much as most people.

I always felt kind of sorry for Gwok Fu.

Yelu Qi made quite a stupid decision to marry such girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    Yelu Qi made quite a stupid decision to marry such girl.
    Why is that a stupid decision? He get HR and GJ as mother and father in law, get to learn 18DSP and if I remember correctly also become the heir of the Begger Clan leader position, and Guo Fu isn't that bad after she matured. I'm not sure it's in the book or not, but in ROCH95, Guo Fu was willing to be humble and kneel down in front of Yang Guo to save her husband. So, it shows how much she cares for him.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-10-05 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I'm not sure it's in the book or not, but in ROCH95, Guo Fu was willing to be humble and kneel down in front of Yang Guo to save her husband. So, it shows how much she cares for him.
    But, that was long after Yelu Qi married her. When they first married, Guo Fu was still young and immature.

But, that was long after Yelu Qi married her. When they first married, Guo Fu was still young and immature.
    Why is it bad? He married her because he LOVES her. He loves her for WHAT SHE IS, not who she is. Besides, love is blind, and without reason.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Why is it bad? He married her because he LOVES her. He loves her for WHAT SHE IS, not who she is. Besides, love is blind, and without reason.
    Oh dear, what you said is very touching. Might not be bad but I can say Yelu Qi has a weird taste though.

Oh dear, what you said is very touching. Might not be bad but I can say Yelu Qi has a weird taste though.
    You forgot 1 thing. Guo Fu is drop dead gorgeous. Even Yang Guo think so. Anyway, maybe Yelu Qi like feisty girl who doesn't worship Yang Guo.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    You forgot 1 thing. Guo Fu is drop dead gorgeous. Even Yang Guo think so. Anyway, maybe Yelu Qi like feisty girl who doesn't worship Yang Guo.
    Actually, Gwok Fu *did* worship Yeung Gor...at least privately. That's part of the problem: she couldn't reconcile the part of her that was madly in love with him with the part of her that resented him for refusing to give in to her willfulness.

Goodness me... Sure you don't want to marry her. She's just a dumb beautiful chick who has powerful parents, whom you can inherit more than you ever dream of from.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Actually, Gwok Fu *did* worship Yeung Gor...at least privately. That's part of the problem: she couldn't reconcile the part of her that was madly in love with him with the part of her that resented him for refusing to give in to her willfulness.
    Ken, I don't remember the part where she worship YG.
    What I remember is more or less like this:
    - GJ wanted GF to marry to YG
    - GF found that she has no choice to go against her father thus accepted. She concluded that YG was not that bad anyway
    - YG refused to marry her
    - GF thought, "What the hell..."
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake
    Ken, I don't remember the part where she worship YG.
    What I remember is more or less like this:
    - GJ wanted GF to marry to YG
    - GF found that she has no choice to go against her father thus accepted. She concluded that YG was not that bad anyway
    - YG refused to marry her
    - GF thought, "What the hell..."
    I think that if that were all to it, it would've been much easier for Gwok Fu to get over Yeung Gor's rejection of her. The very fact that this rejection bothered her for years afterward seems to indicate that he meant quite a bit to her, even if she couldn't bring herself to admit it.

This rejection meant a lot to her because it was done publicly. Must remember all along Guo Fu has been spoilt and everyone gives in to her. She has never been humiliated like this before, moreover in public. I blame Guo Jing for this cos he went ahead to make the proposal in front of so many people without even sounding Yang Guo out.

So combine her original unpleasant first experience of facing rejection couple with public humiliation in front of so many pple, it is no wonder she never forgave Yang Guo for that.

In my opinion Guo Fu did have feelings for Yang Guo... only that she realised it much later. Guo Fu had always taken for granted that with her family background (celebrity parents) and beautiful looks she could get any man she wanted. However Yang Guo was the only one who seemed indifferent to her and her ego could not withstand that kind of bruising, hence she was always frustrated with Yang Guo and resented him. In a way her situation with Yang Guo reminds me of Xiao Feng and Mrs Ma, only Guo Fu was nowhere as extreme as Mrs Ma or as malicious.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstar
    In my opinion Guo Fu did have feelings for Yang Guo... only that she realised it much later. Guo Fu had always taken for granted that with her family background (celebrity parents) and beautiful looks she could get any man she wanted. However Yang Guo was the only one who seemed indifferent to her and her ego could not withstand that kind of bruising, hence she was always frustrated with Yang Guo and resented him. In a way her situation with Yang Guo reminds me of Xiao Feng and Mrs Ma, only Guo Fu was nowhere as extreme as Mrs Ma or as malicious.
    Compared to Madame Ma, Gwok Fu was a saint (who wouldn't be, compared to Madame Ma?).