View Poll Results: WHO's BETTER, PRETTIER, & MORE TALENTED?

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alyssa Jia Jing Wen

122 50.62%
  • Ruby Lin Xin Ru

119 49.38%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alyssa Chia ~vs.~ Ruby Lin

Quote Originally Posted by *aLySsA4eVa*
    I don't like Ruby lin. She was nice in huan zhu gege then. But now...
    As far as actresses goes, only about 8-10 people are above Alyssa for my favorite actress category. Within the past ten years, I think Alyssa is probably my top 3 favorite actresses.

I too like Alyssa and Ruby. But in terms of beauty, acting, how long I have been a fan, Alyssa gets the nod over Ruby in all three categories.

I havent seen Alyssa much except for HSDS. She was ok but I like Kitty Lai as Zhao Min than Alyssa.

Acting: I pick Ruby because she can act as a sassy and smart character too

Looks: They look pretty much the same to me. Except for Alyssa'a face a lil rounder. I pick Ruby.
    Alec and Ruby Fan Forever!!!

Junior Member XxblissfullstarzxX's Avatar

Default Alyssa Chia~vs.~ Ruby Lin

I prefer Ruby Lin because she is good at acting and she is pretty and friendly....I dont know why but I like Ruby better,especially her facial features eyes is adorable even her facial features,for some reason when I dont know both of them first time I watch their series I think they kinda look alike ,both of them are pretty but in terms of acting I prefer Ruby......that just my opinion
    Last edited by XxblissfullstarzxX; 02-17-08 at 04:47 PM.

I chose Alyssa over Ruby. Why?

I find Alyssa very refreshing to look at. When you look at her there is this natural exuberance, or a special glow. And her acting range is very versitile.

However with Ruby, people say that she's cute but she's only cute when she forces herself to look cute (bulging out her eyes, smiling hard with her dimples). Sometimes when she advertises next to young models, there is this awkwardness about her, a sense of tackiness because you can tell that she is older than them. She has a very mature look and so when you try to translate that into a young and youthful pose, it just seems very forceful instead of something that is natural.

Honestly, I find her very beautiful but just too plain and boring to sustain superstar quality, and this is the same reason why she is not able to sustain an entire drama as a lead actress. She slowly fades when the drama goes on. If you watch her newest dramas you would understand what I'm talking about. She's good at playing the pretty girl, but then what next?

This is why I find her very over-rated, when she signed with HY Brothers, I became interested in her again because I thought that she would show everyone how she really matured and is capable of carrying on an entire drama and really take on serious roles in movies. However, once again there was this great disappointment. She became nothing more than just an advertisement icon. The only difference with Ruby now and before is that now she's invited to different events and parties in mainland China, however she's still considered as a second-rated actress compare to mainland actresses. People say that the only reason HY Brothers signed with her is to reap profit from her advertisements and to extend their cooperation into Taiwan and not because they see true talent and potential in her, which I am beginning to believe.

I mean no disrespect to her fans or to Ruby, however it is difficult to be a fan or supporter when a fallen idol shows no improvement in terms of acting skills. Every famous actress is beautiful in their unique ways but what makes them shine is true talent, something not everyone can have.

^Er...for the last posters, VICKI! lol

But for this thread, I would pick Ruby because I know more about her and I've always loved Ruby!
    GOD LOVES YOU! He sent His Son to die for you because He LOVES you! He will never forsake you in anything you do. Give your life to Him and let Him be Lord and Savior of your life.

I pick Alyssa Chia because she is just naturally beautiful.

ruby is winning alyssa by ten votes!

I like Ruby a way better than Alyssa!! I've only seen Alyssa in HSDS though

Hehe I pick Alyssa Chia . I was her fan for quite a time... Still like her now but it's been a while that I last hear any news about her

these girls are beautiful and talented in their own way, but if i had to choose one it would be Alyssa Chia. this is probably because i like her roles. the roles that are more witty, funny, and outgoing. as for Ruby she is good too but her roles are quiet, nice, and calm so she hardly takes any action. but i want to say this that no matter who is losing they'll always be a winner in their fans' heart and whoever is winning deserves it

it SUCK bcos i couldnt vote but i find it funny how Ruby wins the poll but people is only praising how good Alyssa chia is LOL.. MY vote goes to RUBY LIN no doubt she beat Alyssa chia in every way.. She a beauty, better actress, and she more talented than Alyssa.. NO offense Alyssa chia fans but imo she is UGLY.. There is no need to bash me for calling her ugly as it is my opinion..

I absolutely love Alyssa's acting, and I find her a lot more natural than Ruby is. You can always feel how she wholeheartedly throws herself into her character, and yet is able to give her character that little quirk that is Alyssa. By contrast, Ruby's acting is stilted, and somehow I feel that she has limitations communicating her character to the audience in a manner that is believable and yet endearing. There is always a certain distance between Ruby and the audience; Alyssa erodes that distance with her deft acting.

I gonna vote for Alyssa Chia. She look so lovely baby face really beautiful and her acting also much more better than Ruby Lin alots. Her age elder than Ruby, but her face still look much younger than ruby Alyssa Forever

All score give to Alyssa Chia she is the most beautiful and great actress