Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Return to the Island

Part 35

Listening to the story, Yi’s eyes glistened. She found it difficult to believe that he had to endure so much humiliation and suffering.

Mrs. Li patted Yi’s arm as she soothingly said, "He’s telling the truth, Yi. Fung had always only loved you and had been living his life only to recount the moments he shared with you."

"Yi, I…" began Fung.

"You don’t need to say more," shaking her head and allowing her tears to flow, Yi threw herself against him and said, "I understand now."

Wrapping his arms around her tightly, he peacefully remarked, "So you’ve forgiven me." It had been six years since he felt so free. Mrs. Li walked out the room to allow the couple to embrace in solitude.

In the afternoon, the two calmly walked back to the garden that Fung planted for Yi and sat underneath the tree. Having Fung’s arms wrapped around her, Yi leaned her back against Fung as they both enjoyed the sunset.

"Yi, this was what I imagined her life to be when I first created this garden, except I never anticipated all the drama that happened to us."

Still saddened by the loss of their child, Yi nodded quietly.

"What are you thinking?" Seeing her so quiet made Fung curious.

"Nothing."

"Don’t lie to me. Even if you didn’t tell me, I can already guess that you still blame me for the death of our child." He shifted himself so that he could face her directly and observed her.

"I know that it was not your intention to kill our child."

"But I could not lose you and could not think of a better plan at that moment then to hurt you physically."

"I know. I know better than to blame you."

Grinning slightly, Fung pulled Yi closer to embrace her more snugly, "We can thank the Lord for giving us another opportunity to be together."

"Hmm." Yi closed her eyes in agreement and felt Fung plant a kiss on her head. She looked up and saw the obvious love he held for her. Having no desire to resist temptation, Yi herself became the seductress as she brought her face closer to his and softly planted a kiss on his lips.

Knowing that the two were alone in the garden, Fung gently laid Yi down. Looking at her face carefully, he caressed her face ever so slightly.

Staring at him and observing his features, Yi frowned, "You’ve aged a lot" then she smiled momentarily as she added, "But you’re still as charming as you were six years ago."

Fung smiled in return, "I’ve only aged because I’ve been so worried about you in the past five and a half years." Gazing into her eyes, he lowered himself and asked, "Do you regret leaving the island?"

She held onto his hand which touched her face and answered, "What happened had already happened, but I do not regret loving you."

He smiled even wider and kissed her. Arms wrapped around each other and caught up in the moment, the two demonstrated their passionate and undying love for each other while the evening breeze swayed and whistled melodically.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Default EPILOGUE

Epilogue

A couple of weeks later, while the two were walking along the island, hand in hand, the pair of lovers enjoyed the tranquil silence as memories of their past consumed their thought. Yi smiled for despite all that had happened between them, Fung had remained faithful to her.

“Yi, I want us to get married tonight.” It was not a request. Fung had thought about it after Yi clearly forgave him. Marrying her would not make him love her more, for he knew that it was impossible for him to feel more for her than he already had. Yet, he did not want her to be without a title. It was not romantic, and he knew his decision to marry her that evening seemed so impulsive, yet he had waited for six years.

She took longer to answer him than he expected. Was this lady who he loved so well having doubts about their reunion? Leaning her head against his shoulder contently and walking along the path that she became so familiar with at the age of seventeen, Yi finally said, “It isn’t necessary.”

Fung stopped her and looked at her and insisted, “I want a simple wedding and I want you to be my wife.” Hinting, he continued, “I don’t want all our children to be born out of wedlock.”

“All? How many were you planning to have?”

“A whole litter. I want all of our girls to be as beautiful as you.” Fung analyzed her features and was amazed that even though her image was forever imprinted in his memory, he was still breathless whenever he saw her. After having lived on the mainland and encountering so many women, he realized that he was beyond lucky to have such a wonderful and beautiful woman love him so faithfully. Of course, he saw very few women much more beautiful than Yi in the conventional sense, yet her unique charm and hauntingly beautiful voice made her the most attractive woman he had ever encountered.

She laughed at his answer, “But I don’t want to have so many sons if they will all be like you.”

He looked at her in confusion. What would be wrong with having sons like him? He would rather have daughters who are like her but he did not see how it would be so bad to have sons like him.

She pointed her finger and tapped his nose, “I don’t want to raise too many womanizers and have to worry about them breaking other girls hearts all the time.” Despite their tragic past, Yi had learned to gradually let go and quickly reverted back to the person she was six years ago. The medicine of love was miraculous.

“Yi, I am serious about marrying you. Plus, the Lord has been too kind to me. He had spared me lightening strikes for one whole year already. I am afraid that he will not spare me another day.”

“Ah, so really, you just want to protect yourself, not marry me. Hmm, I don’t think I want to live the rest of my life with such a selfish person as yourself.” She quickly untangled her hand and walked briskly away from him, never once being able to rid her smile for she felt happy. For the past weeks, she felt more alive again.

Fung quickly chased after her and embraced her from behind to stop her from leaving him, “I will not let you go until you agree.”

“No, you have to or else I will not make it home in time to cook for Teacher.”

“Teacher’s wife will understand and she told me to not return until you agree to marry me.” Turning her around, he said seriously, “Everything has already been planned.”

“Ah, you sly fox.” Her smile grew wider.

Pulling her hand, he quickly threw her up and somersaulted up to catch her, “Hold on tight.” Without further warning, he somersaulted home.

Once he reached home, he screamed, “Teacher’s wife, Yi had agreed to marry me tonight.”

Hitting his chest, she argued between her laughter, “I never said that.”

Mrs. Li laughed at the pair and brought out a dress for Yi, “I hope you don’t mind wearing my wedding costume.” She originally intended for her daughter to wear it thus she kept it so well preserved all these years, but life was so unpredictable. Yet, wasn’t Yi like a daughter to her? Seeing how forgiving and kind Yi was, Mrs. Li had grown to love Yi immensely though they bore no blood relation. She leaned out and searched for Yi’s arm. “You will look beautiful in it. Now go and change, this is an order from your teacher.”

Yi giggled and answered, “Your disciple will obey your command.” Turning to Fung, she hissed, “You are lucky Teacher is on your side.”

The wedding was minimal and simple, yet it was exactly what Fung and Yi wanted for after so many years, both had learned to greatly appreciate simplicity.

Several months later, Yi’s stomach grew and she could no longer hide the fact that she was pregnant. Fung was overjoyed when he first discovered that he was going to be a father again and he picked her up and spun her around until he too became dizzy.

“Let me down, Brother Lam.” She was already nauseous from the pregnancy and did not need his help to feel worse.

“No, I’m too happy.” Of course he did not know what a pregnant woman had to suffer. He only knew that he was overwhelmed with bliss.

“I’m going to throw up.” She placed her hand over her mouth and gagged.

Fung placed her down and apologized, “Sorry Yi. Are you okay?”

“Silly boy, this will not be the only time you’re going to have a child. Remember? There will be a whole litter for you to worry about.” She smiled at his enthusiasm even though her stomach felt sick. “Brother Lam, I have a request to make.”

He was wrong when he thought he could not love her any more than he did. After spending more time with her and after learning that they would start a family soon, his love for her was the only feelings he felt these days. He knew he had grown to love her more than anyone thought was possible. So of course, he would not deny her request.

“I want to visit Brother Cheng and Sister Chow. And Teacher Cheng too. I don’t want them to misunderstand you and I miss them terribly.”

“Of course, if that’s what you want then consider it done.”

Mrs. Li refused to leave the island with them even if it was only for a visit. So the pair went by themselves back to the mainland.

The trip to the Cheng Manor was quite eventful. All the young pugilists sought to challenge Fung when they recognized him. He could only chuckle at their ambition for he was once like them and knew how they felt. He defeated them all easily and when Yi wished to demonstrate her skills, he would watch protectively from the side as she defeated the young pugilists.

Once they reached the Cheng Manor, Yi saw a four year old girl sneak out of the door. She quickly chased after the girl when she saw her about to get run over by a cart.

“Lam Fung! How dare you show up again. Where is my daughter?” Lai Kei’s voice boomed upon seeing Fung.

Yi picked up the girl and quickly somersaulted back to the manor and saw Lai Kei fighting against Fung, “Sister Chow, is this your daughter?”

Lai Kei stopped fighting and ran over to Yi, “Sister Yeung?” Looking at the four year old girl, Lai Kei lectured, “And you, why are you so mischievous?”

A chuckle was heard and a familiar voice said, “Like mother like daughter.” Ka-Wing walked up to his wife and affectionately held onto his daughter.

“I will not argue with you.” It was obvious that Lai Kei still loved her husband immensely. She looked at Fung and demanded, “Why are you here?”

Yi grabbed onto Lai Kei’s arm and said softly, “Sister Chow, it was all a misunderstanding. Let’s go sit first and I will explain.”

After she was done explaining, Lai Kei looked at Fung and apologized, “I did not know that you were being blackmailed. I am sorry for all the harsh words which I said and for not telling Yi the truth about how you did not marry Tong Ling.”

“I know you were only trying to protect Yi, and I want to thank you and Brother Cheng for taking care of her.” Fung could not be mad at them when their intentions were entirely good.

After spending two weeks with the Cheng family, the Lam couple wished to return to the island and continue with their lives. Though they enjoyed the company of their closest friends, they had already missed their simple life back on the island. Farewells were exchanged and promises to visit one another more frequently were made. Yi held onto Fung’s hand as the two walked to the deck. Yi’s eyes lit up when she saw the familiar face of the boatman who waved to her.

“Miss Yeung! I did not expect to see you here.” After leaving her at the island, the boatman had wondered about her fate but was afraid to ask. However, seeing the handsome and well-built man next to Yi, a man who the boatman thought was physically compatible and worthy of Yi, he could not help but ask, “And this is?”

Yi smiled at him and also at the irony of life, “This is Lam Fung.”

The boatman’s eyes widened, “But I thought you said…”

“That was then, before I found out the truth. And now, I am glad for having him in my life. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me.” Looking at Fung, she could not hide the glistening love in her eyes and the happiness which consumed her.

The boatman was delighted at the news and offered, “Would you like for me to take you back to the island?” It was not his usual route, but for his favorite passenger, he was willing to take her there.

“I would love that.” And during the trip back, both Fung and Yi completed the story for the boatman to hear. And the boatman could not wait to tell his wife the fate of her savior.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

This is really good! Happy ending ^_^

thank you...i think you may be the only boy reading this fic unless i assume you're the wrong gender. either way, glad you enjoyed it.