Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear - Shen Hongye' s excerpt

Great story and great translation! But uh, shouldn't "Wu Hu Duan Men Dao" be Five Tigers Breaking Door Saber? 'Cause it's a big knife, not a dagger...

Just my 2 cents.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

But uh, shouldn't "Wu Hu Duan Men Dao" be Five Tigers Breaking Door Saber? 'Cause it's a big knife, not a dagger...
    Then a saber it is!
    Thanks!!!

Default ch.3

Chapter 3 Divine Death

Still, there was no response from Ma Rulong. If it were other people, even if they hadnt run away, they would definitely have vehemently protested their innocence. But he hadnt. He just calmly stood there, as if this had nothing to do with him whatsoever.

He didnt protest his innocence. Was it because he knew that this matter was undefendable?!

He didnt run away. Was it because he knew that no one could run away from the three people in front of him?!

The Merciless Monk had been standing there calmly, his face expressionless. Only now he began to talk, It seems like Ive heard someone saying that the Five Tigers Door Breaking Saber is the worlds best saber technique, and so there is no saber under the sky he doesnt know about.

Peng Tianba said, You definitely heard it. There is no seem about it.

Merciless Monk asked, Who said it?

Of course, I did. Peng Tianba replied.

Merciless Monk said, If you say so, then it must be so.

Peng Tianba said, Even though I brag, I only brag to women, never to a monk. He laughed and continued, Bragging to a monk is like playing music to a cow, its all useless.

Merciless Monk didnt get mad, nor did he joke about it. His face remained cold and emotionless. He said, That man in black just now wanted to kill you with his saber strike. That strike must have been his best technique.

Peng Tianba said, In such a situation, he certainly would use the best skill he got.

It seems like you said that there was no saber technique under the sky you didnt know about, said Merciless Monk.

I did, said Peng Tianba.

Merciless Monk asked, To which sect did his saber technique belong?

Peng Tianba said, Dont know. His answer was really straightforward. People in Jianghu all knew that the current head of the Five Tigers Door Breaking Saber was the most straightforward person.

Merciless Monk kept on asking, You really dont know?

Peng Tianba replied, Dont know means dont know. How could there be anything more?

You dont know but I do, said Merciless Monk.

Obviously Peng Tianba was very surprised. He slipped, You do?

Merciless Monk said, I do means I do. Theres nothing more to it.

Peng Tianba laughed and asked, To which sect did his saber technique belong?

It was the Divine Death! Merciless Monk replied.

Divine Death!

Peng Tianba asked, I still dont understand. What is this Divine Death?

Go undress him and take a look, replied Merciless Monk.

On the chest of that man in black, there were nineteen bright red characters. Was it tattooed with red cinnabar or blood?

It read, Sky gives all things to man, man never gives anything to sky, Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!

Kill!

Peng Tianba asked, This is the Divine Death?

Right, said Merciless Monk.

Too bad I still dont get it, said Peng Tianba.

Merciless Monk explained, It is an assassin society. In this society, people kill for a living, and they kill for joy. So long as youve got money, whoever you want them to kill, they will kill that person for you.

Peng Tianba asked, How do you know?

I pursue them. Ive been pursuing them for five years, replied Merciless Monk.

How do you pursue them? Peng Tianba asked again.

Merciless Monk replied, I pursue their base, their leaders, and their lives! Then he blandly continued, He who kills will be killed. Theyve murdered countless victims. If they dont die, where is justice?!

You havent found them? Peng Tianba asked.

No, I havent. Merciless Monk replied.

Peng Tianba said, But one day you will find them. If not, even in death you wont let them go.

Right, said Merciless Monk.

The sky turned dark, cold winding cutting like a knife. Peng Tianba bent over and covered the body of that man in black with his coat, looking as if he feared that the man in black would be cold. A dead person certainly couldnt feel cold.

Had the man in black still lived, he would have frozen to death. Peng Tianba didnt have to do this. However, people were always benevolent towards the dead. This was because everybody had to die, and they hoped that others would be nice to them when it was their turn. Anyhow, as Peng Tianba pulled up the coat, something fell down.

It was a piece of jade -- the rare of rares and the treasure of treasures. Jade was a thing of luck. Not only could it repel evil, but it would also bring prosperity and peace.

In an ancient tale, it was even said that jade could sacrifice itself for its owner. That piece of jade given by Xiaowan had saved Qiu Fengcheng's life.

But this piece of jade actually wanted Ma Rulongs life. Because it was tied with a silk cord. The other end of that silk cord was attached to a gold medal. On one side of that gold medal was a horse. On the other side of that medal were four characters!

Celestial Horse Galloping Sky

This was the Hall of Celestial Horses command emblem. And Ma Rulong was the hall leaders son.

How could the Hall of Celestial Horses command emblem be found on this assassins body? There was only one explanation. Ma Rulong must have used this piece of jade and the command emblem to pay the assassin to come here and kill people Du Qinglian, Shen Hongye, Qiu Fengcheng, Jin Zhenlin, and the waiters and servant from the Jufeng restaurant.

But he couldnt have predicted that Qiu Fengcheng would not die and that Peng Tianba, Feng Chaofan, and the Merciless Monk would arrive at the scene. This was unexpected. Failure to kill was also unexpected. This was heavens message to the killer!

Up until now nobody had said this persons name. Because this was a big matter. The deaths of Du Qinglian, Shen Hongye, and Jin Zhenlin would surely shake the martial world. More than that, it was extremely likely that there would soon be revenge killings among Jianghus aristocratic families!

As soon as the killings started, they wouldnt end easily. Nobody knew how many innocent people would have to die.

With a grim expression, Feng Chaofan slowly said, Now we should listen to what Ma Rulong has to say.

Without a word, Ma Rulong slowly took off his silver fox fur coat. Then he slowly said, My third uncle got this from nighthunting in the mountain snow when he was young. Its my elders article. I cant see it destroyed by my hand.

He handed the fox fur coat to Peng Tianba and said, I know years ago your excellency and my third uncle were friends. I hope you can bring his article back to the Hall of Celestial Horse and give it to my third aunt.

With a sigh Peng Tianba said, Third Brother Ma died young. I.. ..I will certainly return this for you.

Ma Rulong slowly loosened his bright, eye-catching long sword and gave it to the Merciless Monk.

He said, This sword was originally given to my father by the head of Wudang. Shaolin and Wudang came down the same line. I hope you can return this sword to Wudang so it wouldnt fall into the wrong hands!

All right, said Merciless Monk.

Again, Ma Rulong took out a pile of silver certificates and goal leafs from his body and gave them to Feng Chaofan.

Who do you want to give these to? Feng Chaofan asked.

Wealth has no original owner. You can give them to anybody, replied Ma Rulong.

Feng Chaofan paused and then continued, I will give them away to help people on your behalf. This is a good deed.

By now everybody had figured out that Ma Rulong was explaining to them what he wanted done after his death. Rarely would anybody deny a dying persons last wishes. They were holding items that Ma Rulong had given them with both hands, their hearts inevitably heavy.

With a deep sigh Ma Rulong muttered, Now the only thing left is this horse.

His white horse was still tied to a bare plum tree on the other side. It was a well-trained, famous colt. And just like its master, even in danger, it would still be calm as if nothing happened. Ma Rulong walked over and unfastened the rope. He gave the horse a gentle slap on its rump and said, Go! The white horse neighed softly and jogged off.

Ma Rulong turned around and faced Feng Chaofan. He said, Right now Ive only got one thing to say.

Say it, said Feng Chaofan.

Ma Rulong coldly said, Now you all chase me!

Having said this, his body sprang up like an arrow and flipped in midair. His white horse had jogged off in small steps but then gotten faster, and by now it was twenty, thirty feet away. Ma Rulong exerted his whole body strength, displaying the Celestial Horse Galloping Sky lightness skill. This kind of lightness skill used up the most energy. But by the time his chi energy decined, hed already caught up with his horse. This was an incomparably fast horse. Right now its body was hot, running at its top speed. Ma Rulong jumped on the horse, and it let out a long neigh. They moved like a dragon. Both the rider and the horse were pure white, and so was the earth.

Feng Chaofan and Peng Tianba moved to pursue, but in their hands they were holding the gold leafs and the fox fur coat that Ma Rulong had given them. By the time they felt how ridiculous it was, the rider and the horse had already disappeared into whiteness. Feng Chaofan stamped his feet, and that pile of gold leafs dropped to the ground. He said, Im really a pig.

The sky turned darker. The wind got colder, cutting like a knife. But Ma Rulongs face actually looked like it would burst in flame flame of fury! This was because he knew himself that he didnt kill anyone. And he absolutely didnt poison the wine.

It was too bad that, except himself, no one would believe that he was innocent. He understood this. Therefore, he left.

He certainly didnt care about death. A battle to death with these people who called him a murderer would be a delight. But if he died in their hands, this injustice could never again be rectified. If he would die, he had to die cleanly and frankly. He swore to himself when this matter came to light, all truths revealed, he would seek them out and fight them to death.

Who was the real murderer? Who put poison in the wine? Who hired the Divine Death?

He had no clue whatsoever.

Whoever it was, one thing was clear. This was an extremely evil and ruthless person. The plan was thorough and flawless. Right now he couldnt say whether he would be able to uncover this plot and find the real culprit, nor did he know where to start. But he knew this -- as long as he couldnt find that person, he was the perpetrator in the eyes of the world.

If Feng Chaofan, Peng Tianba, and the Merciless Monk of Shaolin said that a certain someone was a murderer, no one in Jianghu would ever doubt their words. No matter where he went, there would definitely be people trying to kill him. He couldnt bring this mess home with him either. People would reveal his whereabouts. Really, there was no place to go, and nowhere to turn.

If it were others in his situation, they would have quickly given up living and sought death. But he didnt care. He believed that the world was big, and there would always be somewhere for him to go. He trusted that the god was almighty, seeing all and knowing all. One day he would uncover this scheme and find the real culprit. He had faith in himself. There was not a single cell in his body that he didnt trust. Compared to other people, his hands were more powerful, his mind more alert, his eyes and ears sharper.

At the moment, hed already heard something that other people couldnt possibly hear. It sounded like a cry but it was also weak, like a whimper. Then he noticed a mop of hair. Although the sky was dark, the jet black hair was such a contrast with the white snow, and so it caught his eyes.

If it were other people passing through here, they would probably have seen this bunch of hair. But they definitely couldnt have seen this person. This persons whole body was buried in snow and ice, and only half of that pale face was revealed. By the time this half-face image flashed before his eyes, the swift horse had already flown past. Ma Rulong didnt stop. He was busy living.

Known for his lack of mercy, the Merciless Monk certainly wouldnt let him go, and right now he was probably already very close. If those people caught him, there certainly wouldnt be another opportunity for him to escape. He certainly couldnt stop for a stranger who was already about to freeze to death.

But that person was not dead yet. Why bothered being self-important? Ma Rulong was a self-important person, extremely arrogant.

The jet black hair was all iced up, and not a trace of pink was seen on that bluish pale face. This person was indeed a living miracle. If buried in snow and ice like this, wouldnt many people have frozen to death?

It was said that women had the strength to endure hunger, cold, and pain, and that they were stronger than men. This person was a woman. She was very young, but not pretty. In fact, she was ugly -- frighteningly ugly. Under her nose were fat, thick lips like those of a pig. On top of that, she had a pair of mousy eyes and absolutely no color on her round face. This girl looked just like a crudely made porcelain doll that had been ruined in the kiln while baking.

Although right now she was still alive, it would be very difficult for her to survive. If there were a cup of wine, a bowl of hot soup, and a very good doctor, she might make it. What a pity there was none of those things right now.

Ma Rulongs own clothes werent enough to protect him from the cold, and he might not be able to save even his own life. He knew full well that now was the time to drop this incomparably ugly stranger and walk. Instead, he actually took off the only piece of clothes that remained dry on his body and wrapped her in it. Then he held her tightly, using his body heat to warm her up.

The saddest thing in a man was stupidity, and the worst thing that could happen to a woman was ugliness. Ugly women were usually pitiful. Ma Rulong not only didnt drop her because she was ugly, he also sympathetized with her. As long as he still breathed, he couldnt just let her freeze to death like a wild dog. But he didnt know where to take her. Right now he didnt own a thing, and he had nowhere to go.

By now the sky had become black. Not only did winter nights come very early, they were always long.

[END OF CH.3]
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 07-26-05 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    So very Gu Long. Character A is world famous and feared through the martial arts world, B appears and skewers A in 1/2 a stroke, C appears to behead B in 1/4 stroke and D smacks C into next week.
    If this trend still stands, Character A is going to be treated to a striptease courtesy of a masked woman any moment.

Thanks EvilBee ^^

Bee. it seems your translation skill has improved a lot. It's amazing how you're keeping this novel and ROCH with such a good speed. Congratualations and thanks

This is a nice story... I actually bothered to read the chinese text afterreading ur translation to finish the story.

he's... a good guy

heh I guess u really can't judge him just on how he acts

ganbatte beeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    If this trend still stands, Character A is going to be treated to a striptease courtesy of a masked woman any moment.
    Don't worry, its Gu Long. Some incredibly beautiful woman will drop her clothes somewhere down the story...

Default Suggestion

Sky Assassin = Divine Death?

Reverend Jue = Merciless Monk?

對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

I spent my whole weekend going through the book too.. Quite a few surprises, including a naked beautiful woman!

I hope people will like Ma Rulong. He's not the greatest fighter of all time (that's an understatement of the year BTW) but he's got his charms.. well.. in an obnoxious sorta way.

LAV, thanks for your suggestions.. Fixed!!

Chapter 4 - Long Night

Long night had just started. Ma Rulong picked up some dry twigs and found a ruined and deserted temple to hide from the wind. Then he built a fire.

It was very likely that the fire would attract the enemies. Everybody knew that a fugitive couldn't build a fire, not even when he was freezing to death. But this girl really needed it. He himself could freeze to death but he couldn't let this stranger die because he feared that the enemies would be able to find him. He'd rather die than dishonor himself.

The fire caught and started burning brightly. He moved the girl to the warmest, driest area. He himself needed a rest. Anyhow, not long after he'd shut his eyes, a voice suddenly shrieked, "Who are you?"

To his surprise, the girl woke up. Not only was she frighteningly ugly, her voice was frighteningly sharp. Ma Rulong didn't respond. At the moment, he himself didn't know who he was, just like a living corpse.

He didn't have a future, nor did he have a past. He slowly got up, thinking to go check the girl's condition.

He wanted to see if she could move, or if she would survive. He couldn't have expected that this girl would suddenly grab a dry stick from the fire and loudly shout, "If you dare come over, I'll beat you to death!"

He risked his own life to save hers but this strange and incomparably ugly girl actually looked like she thought he was going to rape her. Ma Rulong didn't say a word.

He sat down again.

Clutching that fire stick, the girl gave him a vicious stare with that pair of mousy eyes. Mu Rulong shut his eyes. He really was too tired to look at her. Again, the girl sharply asked, "How did I get here?"

Ma Rulong was too tired to answer.

Finally remembering her own mishaps, the girl said, "I was buried in the snow just now. Was it you who saved me?"

"Yes," Ma Rulong replied.

He didn't expect her to question him again but she said, "Since you saved me, why didn't you take me to the doctor? Why did you bring me to this ruined temple?"

Her voice rose sharply, "I know your kind. I know you didn't act out of good will."

Ma Rulong almost ran out of patience and said, "Don't you worry. Even if I wanted to rape you, seeing you looking like this, I'd lose my interest." But he hadn't said it. In the fire light, this girl looked even uglier. He didn't have the heart to hurt her, and so he only let out a long sigh and said, "I didn't take you to the doctor simply because I didnt have any money."

The girl sneered and said, "How could a big man like you not have even a coin? Must be because you are too lazy to get a job." Ma Rulong resigned himself to the tirade. This girl was unwilling to get off his back. On top of that, she kept on yakking and flinging accusations at him, non-stop.

Suddenly Ma Rulong stood up. He coldly said, "Here is the firewood. There should be enough for one night. In the morning, people will definitely be coming here." He really couldn't bear it anymore. He'd better leave.

Once more, the girl squawked, "What are you doing? Are you leaving? Are you really going leave me, a weak damsel in distress, by myself here? What kind of a man are you?" Someone like this really couldn't be considered 'weak.' Too bad, she truly was a female.

The girl sneered and continued, "Are you afraid that my enemy would follow me here? Is that why you wanted to quickly slip away?"

Ma Rulong couldn't stop himself. He asked, "You've got an enemy?"

"If I didn't, wouldn't that mean I buried myself in the snow? Do I look like I'm insane?" The girl quipped.

Ma Rulong slowly sat down once again. He didn't ask who her enemy was, or why she had been pursued. He just knew that right now he couldn't possibly leave. Someone buried a fragile female in ice and snow, meaning for her to die. A true man couldn't just ignore the matter.

The girl asked again, "You aren't leaving now?"

"No, I'm not." Ma Rulong replied.

But the girl continued, "Why aren't you? Are you thinking of doing something foul?"

To his own surpirse, Ma Rulong smiled. He really couldn't help himself. Women like this were really very rare, and he hadn't thought that he would ever run into one. What else could he do but smile? Should he weep bitterly or just bang his head to death?

Again the girl cried out, "Why are you smiling to yourself? What wicked scheme are you hatching up? Say it!"

Ma Rulong didn't speak.. because a voice from outside the ruined temple had interrupted, "He won't say anything. This white horse master never tells anybody his intention."

The flame flickered, and someone walked slowly into the temple. Surprisingly, it was Peng Tianba.

Peng Tianba was carrying that silver fox fur coat in his left hand, and a saber in his right. The saber had already been unsheathed. What a pity that this girl didn't recognize him, nor his saber. She was staring at Peng Tianba with that pair of mousy eyes. In a loud voice she asked, "Who are you?"

"I'm a pig," said Peng Tianba.

"Even if you were fatter, you'd still look a little thin compared to a pig." The girl commented.

With a sigh Peng Tianba said, "Too bad I'm dumber than a pig, and that's why I took his silver fox fur coat."

The girl was obviously surprised. She asked, "This is his?"

"Right," replied Peng Tianba.

"Why did he give you such a good item?" The girl asked.

"Because he wanted to put this fur coat in my hands," replied Peng Tianba.

The girl asked again, "Did you use your hands to hold the coat or did the coat stop you from using your hands?"

"It's all the same," said Peng Tianba.

The girl asked, "How?"

Peng Tianba explained, "It doesn't matter whether my hands were blocked or I used my hands to hold the coat..

..My hands were occupied so I couldn't draw my saber, or use a dart."

His Flying Tiger Chasing Spirits dart was as fearsome as his Five Tigers Door Breaking saber.

The girl still didn't understand. She asked, "Why didn't he let you draw your saber or send a dart?"

"Because he wanted to run away," replied Peng Tianba.

The girl asked, "Why did he want to run away? Was it because you bullied him? Why did you bully people?"

Peng Tianba only let out a forced smile. He had just realized that talking to this girl wasn't a very smart thing. He put on a grim expression and coldly said, "Young Master Ma, you don't have to run away again. This time the three of us came in three different directions. There is only me here right now. You may as well kill me to eliminate another witness."

Ma Rulong didn't respond.

The girl butted in, "He won't kill you. He's a good person."

Peng Tianba repeated, "He's a good person?"

The girl added, "He's certainly a good person. I've never seen anyone this good before. If you dare touch him, I'll kill you."

Peng Tianba sneered. Suddenly the girl jumped over and held his upper arms. She shouted, "I'll block him. You run."

Ma Rulong didn't run, and she couldn't stop Peng Tianba either. Peng Tianba just raised his arms, sending her to the ground.

Peng Tianba said, "Talking too much like this, you must be tired. You'd better lie down." Having said that, his foot shot out, sealing her 'sleep' pressure point. Then he threw the fox fur coat in his hand on her body.

Ma Rulong stared at his saber, waiting for it to move. Who could have imagined that Peng Tianba would resheathe his saber and put both of his hands over the fire. He knew that Ma Rulong couldn't run away, and so he took his time warming up his hands. This old Jianghu master' calm demeanor commanded admiration from people.

Surprisingly, Ma Rulong was also very calm. He didn't appear to be anxious, nor did he strike first.

The fire was burning low. Peng Tianba threw some more twigs on it and slowly said, "You know your third uncle and I were friends, don't you?"

"Hmm," said Ma Rulong.

Peng Tianba asked again."Did he ever tell you about me before he died?"

"Hmm," said Ma Rulong.

Peng Tianba continued, Did he say how he and I had become friends?

Ma Rulong replied, No.

Peng Tianba said, The two of us had to fight to be friends. He laughed and continued, Your third uncle was an extremely arrogant person. He certainly wouldnt tell you this story.

Ma Rulong asked, Why?

Peng Tianba said, Because.. even though my intelligence and knowledge were inferior to his, it was too bad that his interests were too broad. He wanted to learn everything music, chess, literature, painting, you name it and so he didnt have a lot of time to practise his swordplay.

Ma Rulong had heard this before. His third uncle was not only known for his great swordplay, but he was also a most reputed artistic gentleman.

Peng Tianba said, So although he was somewhat stronger than me, his kungfu couldnt match mine. We fought three times, and I defeated him within one hundred moves every single time. He didnt let Ma Rulong speak but suddenly asked, How is your sword skill compared to your third uncles?

Then he said, I believe yours is absolutely inferior to his. So even if you had a sword in your hand, Id still be able to kill you within a hundred moves. He blandly continued, Right now you are empty-handed, the best you can do will be sixty moves.

Ma Rulong kept his mouth shut. Peng Tianba went on, This saber of mine, even though it is only used to kill murderers, every stroke is delivered full force. I sometimes dont want to kill people but once my saber strikes, I myself cant control it."

With a sigh he said, So not many people have lived to talk about my saber.

Ma Rulong was silent. Peng Tianba said, You and your uncle are similar, being intelligent and extremely arrogant people. But I certainly hope you wont die young like he did.

Ma Rulong asked, What are you getting at?

After a long, long moment of hesitation, Peng Tianba slowly said, I suddenly thought that there were several strange occurences.

Yes? Ma Rulong said.

Peng Tianba asked, Do you know how I knew to find you here?

Ma Rulong shook his head.

Peng Tianba explained, It was you who brought me here. I followed the hoofprints your horse left in the snow.

Ma Rulong hadnt thought this point through. He had never been a fugitive before.

Peng Tianba said, If you could come up with that flawless and vicious scheme to hurt people, you couldnt have been so careless like this and, in a critical life or death moment, you wouldnt have taken risks to save this strange and incomparably ugly woman. With a sigh he said, But you actually did all these things. Come to think of it, something is not right. Although Im a gullible pig, I cant help feeling that this is all a little strange, and so.. ..

He continued, I hope you will come with me willingly so I wont have to use force.

Where would you take me to? Ma Rulong asked blandly.

Peng Tianba replied, Id take to you Shaolin. Give me three months and Id certainly uncover the truths and give you justice.

Ma Rulong didnt comply, nor did he reject the offer.

Peng Tianba said, Right now you are surrounded. No matter where you go, people wont let you off. This is the only way out. He was right, absolutely right.

Peng Tianba slowly walked over and said, So right now you have to completely trust me. Im the only one who can help you. Then he stretched out both hands, looking absolutely like he was the only person in the world, who was willing to help Ma Rulong.

Finally accepting his hands, Ma Rulong said, I trust you but .. ..

He didnt finish his sentence because Peng Tianbas foot suddenly flew out and kicked his huan tiao (jumping) point, causing his legs to buckle. Then Peng Tianbas hand flashed like a lightning bolt, sealing pressure points on his wrists.

With a loud and merry laugh, Peng Tianba said, See, now whos a pig?!

Peng Tianbas hand dropped, and so did Ma Rulong. Then, with a ka sound, the Five Tigers Door Breaking saber left its sheath. This saber was indeed among the best in Jianghu. Not only was his saber unsheathed cleanly and swiftly, his posture was also exquisite.

His killing posture was incredibly beautiful. And once the saber left its sheath, it would most likely kill someone. But he should at least question Ma Rulong. Even if he had already decided that Ma Rulong was the real culprit, he should have interrogated first to be certain. Why had he drawn out his saber just now?

Ma Rulong finally understood. As he saw Peng Tianbas saber coming out, he knew that Peng Tianba was the real murderer! His dark scheme was all managed in secret, and thats why he couldnt let that man in black, the Divine Death, live to tell the story.

And thats why he didnt need to ask any more questions. In the same manner, he couldnt let Ma Rulong live to talk either. Too bad, now that Ma Rulong had understood, it was actually too late. The sabers white light flashed, coming down to strike him.

Who could have imagined that the saber didnt get to slash Ma Rulongs throat. Instead, Peng Tianbas body unexpectedly flew up and twirled in midair before falling down, far and away. His face ashened in terror as he hoarsely shouted, Whos there?

Except the two people with their pressure points sealed, there was no one else there. Could it be that hed just met a ghost?

The flame flickered. Peng Tianbas face appeared to alternate between red and ashen gray. But there was no other person there, not even a shadow of that ghost. Suddenly, he jumped up to flee, his saber thrusting towards Ma Rulongs throat.

Again came the ghost! And this time it was even more terrifying. While Ma Rulong couldnt see anything, Peng Tianbas body was thrown high, twisting in the air. When he fell to the ground, he fled without a backward glance.

It was dark outside the ruined temple, so dark that even see a shadow couldnt be seen. The flame was dancing, the wind howling. Suddenly along with the wind came a short and sharp cry of surprise and horror.

Ma Rulong heard Peng Tianbas cry but he couldnt guess what was happening. He wanted so much to jump out and take a look. What a pity that the pressure points on his wrists and legs had been sealed.

Even though Peng Tianba was famous for his saber technique, his acupoint sealing technique actually wasnt inferior to others. Right now if somebody arrived with a blade in his hand any person, any blade he could easily cut Ma Rulongs throat. Luckily, there was no one coming in, no people, no ghost, no sound, no movement, no nothing. It was as if heaven knew that the two people couldnt move their bodies, the fire died out.

Anyhow, Ma Rulong knew that there could be people coming at any time. Peng Tianba would not come back ever again but the Merciless Monk, Feng Chaofan, and Qiu Fengcheng were all a possibility. And no matter who it was, that person would never let him off.

At the moment, the long cold night lingered, and nobody knew what was going on. Winter nights were always long, really very long.

[END of CH4]
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 07-26-05 at 10:00 AM.

Hey Bee

You're fast! At this rate, you'll be done with RBCSS in no time!
    Keep it up!

HYS

How many chapters are there in total for this novel ?
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

A hero that isn't invincible would imply that he would use his intelligence to solve problems even more often than the other Gu Long protagonists, I like that. Story is very good so far, thanks for translating.

he used his heroic spirit more than his intel

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    How many chapters are there in total for this novel ?
    39 chapters!

35 more to go LOL

just wanted to say thanky!

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Great story and great translation! But uh, shouldn't "Wu Hu Duan Men Dao" be Five Tigers Breaking Door Saber? 'Cause it's a big knife, not a dagger...

Just my 2 cents.
    ermmm actually Duan Men in Chinese means ends one's family line. in another words no descendant, not Breaking Door. i think Five Tigers Door Breaking Saber is nicer if u cant find a word for 'ends one's family line'. anyway thanks for the great translation
    Last edited by ~; 07-30-05 at 01:45 AM.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by ~
    ermmm actually Duan Men in Chinese means ends one's family line. in another words no descendant, not Breaking Door. i think Five Tigers Door Breaking Saber is nicer if u cant find a word for 'ends one's family line'. anyway thanks for the great translation
    Thanks, haha. Learn another word today.

But um, you said 'ends one's family line' as in

- the saber is so vicious that it kills everybody who happens to run into it -- no chance for the victims to continue their family line..

or

-The saber master Peng Tianba is the last one in his family???