Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear - Shen Hongye' s excerpt

Thanks Bee...

Man, This Ma Rulong is a decent guy - but he really had to be helped by others. I was expecting some lucky chance to improve his ability... but not yet... or maybe... never?

Thank you so much Bee, you really are amazing!

This story is getting curioser and curiouser.

I really don't think Ma Rulong will gain special powers, but I like him all the same. He is righteous and a gentleman (it was great of him not leave Dawan alone in the alley)

Apparently the evil guy once more got away without being harmed though. Grrr why didn't he get a jasmine? (but the book will be over then, no? )

Phew, for a moment I thought I'd have to sit through Qiu Fengcheng waking up, then cradling Xiaowan and crying "Why?!! Why?!!" - that would have really annoyed me. Generally hate people who kill pretty girls...

Great story, and one that I can't even find in my local bookshop when my curiosity is killing me and I just MUST read on...

What's happening to this translation? Gosh, I'm getting spoiled.

Sorry KJ I've been too lazy lately.. haven't translated anything for weeks and it's hard to get back into tranlation mode again

Quote Originally Posted by BeeDreamer
    Sorry KJ I've been too lazy lately.. haven't translated anything for weeks and it's hard to get back into tranlation mode again
    Get down on the floor, legs crossed, hands on the knees with palms up, thumbs and index fingers lightly touching. Close your eyes and breath slowly and deeply while chanting: Translate, translate, translate etc.

And don't fall asleep!

No, you deserve a rest. We don't want you to burn out. Although we also don't want to take too long of a vacation. We're gonna have to start cracking that whip soon.

Wow.

Okay, I didn't realize this was going past the "And here is where Ah Fei's son gets killed" point. And then I look and find 12 chapters!

Thanks for all the work, BeeDreamer!

This one reminds me a lot of TSATE. Same style, similar plot... But actually, in a lot of ways, I actually like Ma Rulong better. I know that probably sounds weird. But he is a very "good" person, even if he very arrogant, and often an idiot. :P And one of the things I like about GL's characters is that they are often very "not perfect."

He is definatly not the most dangerous guy around, but frankly, I like characters that are interesting, rather than just powerful- If you had the most powerful protagonist in the world, it's really hard to make things to threaten them. Everyone just ends up being overpowered...

It is also nice to have a heroine that is liked for something other than her face and figure. I mean, I am all for pretty girls, but having every romantic interest be the most beautiful woman in the world? Come on. I think Dawan is hysterical, even if GL does feel the need to make her beautiful later (not a spoiler- I really have no idea.)

:P
    Last edited by Anatman; 09-09-05 at 03:16 PM.

Lol, I eagerly clicked on this topic ready to read another update. Bee you spoiled all of us!!!

I want to read the rest but Bee, of course more than deserved an obviously need break. Just don't abandon this please, ok?

Dawan is going to get beatiful at some point. The only ugly females in Gu Long novels are the dangerous killer Grannies

Yeah, I suspect you are right... I mean, we already know she leap unleapable things, has random people kissing her feet, and has some connection to the flower seller who doesn't notice when she walks through walls, and can scare off 4 top masters at once...

I still like her, though.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

is the flower lady madame jasper, who else could frighten off those experts, and is daowan her daughter, she has some remarkable skills.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Default Ch13

Chapter 13 The Flower Girl

It was a cold, cloudless, and starry night. Under starlight, the back of the mystical flower girl was surprisingly familiar, as if she was an old acquaintance. She didn’t use her lightness kungfu, nor did she run. But Ma Rulong actually couldn’t catch up with her.

So he used the Hall of Celestial Horse lightness kungfu, which was renowned in Jianghu. But suddenly she was fifty, sixty feet away. He tried to overtake her again but she was even farther ahead.

He slowed down, and she also slowed down.

He stopped, and so did she.

It appeared that although she didn’t want him to catch up with her, she didn’t really want to leave him much behind.

All of a sudden Ma Rulong asked, “You don’t let me see you because you don’t want me to know who are, is that right?

She didn’t reply. She didn’t deny it either.

Ma Rulong chuckled, “Too bad, I already know who you are.”

Suddenly the flower girl laughed, and her voice filled the cold, lonely night like a cup of wine warming a man’s body.

“Of course, you should know.”

She giggled and said, “Because you certainly aren’t too dumb.”

Surely she was Dawan, who had orginally been frightened away by a flower girl. At the moment, she had on the flower girl’s clothes, and even a flower basket in her hand belonged to that girl. But where was that mystical flower seller?

Ma Rulong couldn’t figure her out. Dawan’s life, her kungfu, and her origin were all too mysterious. How come she was buried under ice and snow the other day? The merciless monk and the jade taoist were among the finest masters in Wulin, why were they so afraid of her? Nobody could possibly use any common sense or reason to explain whatever was happening around him. The more he spent time with her, ironically the more he couldn’t understand her.

And he definitely couldn’t leave. Every time she appeared, something mysteriously strange would surely happen. This time, what was she going to do again? What sly trick did she have up her sleeve? He really wanted to know.

Sure enough, Dawan had another trick. Eyes flashing with slyness, she suddenly said, “I’ve known all along that your courage is not lacking, so this time I will lead you to a strange place.”

“To do what?”

“To see someone.” Dawan was intentionally acting mysteriously. “An extremely strange woman.”

“Have I met her?”

“Probably once.”

“You are talking about that flower girl?”

“You really aren’t dumb.”

Then Dawan gave him a stare and asked, “Do you dare to go see her?”

Ma Rulong definitely did. Even if that flower girl was a man-eating monster, he would still want to see her.

With a meaningful wink, Dawan asked again, “You won’t regret it? After you see her and whatever happens, you won’t regret it at all?”

Ma Rulong’s reply was unmistakable. “I already did these many regrettable things. What’s the big deal with another one?”

Dawan laughed and said, “No big deal.” Her laugh rang clear like a bell. “No big deal indeed.”

And so they went. While on the road, Ma Rulong kept wondering about where she was leading him to. He’d thought about so many strange places but could never have expected that she would actually bring him to the public office(1) of Xiangcheng.

Even though the magistrate here was only of a small rank, this was still a bureaucrat’s office and it was much bigger than what Ma Rulong had imagined. The front entrance was already closed so they went in through the side gate.

This was the first time Ma Rulong entered a public office. Over his head was a drum and hung in the main hall was a bamboo stick for corporal punishment. There were also all kinds of torture instruments on display. Everything here made him feel odd, oddest indeed.

Also, there were those officers in red caps. Although the magistrate had earlier withdrawn from the main hall, there were still officers on duty keeping guard, two at each door. But these officers looked like they were all blind, not noticing the two of them coming in.

The officers were not blind. He and Dawan obviously walked right past them. How could they not see? Was Dawan using some mysterious black magic? Did she somehow hide them from the officer’s sight?

Behind the main hall was a gloomy courtyard, with another pair of officers in red caps on duty. Suddenly Ma Rulong walked over to one of them and said, “Hey, don’t you see me?”

The officer paid him no attention, not even looking at him. He actually asked the other officer, “Did someone speak just now?”

“No.”

“Did you see anybody?”

“No, not even a shadow of a ghost.”

Sure enough, Ma Rulong found himself another puzzle. If not for Dawan who was already dragging him into the courtyard, he would try give them a pinch. Would they feel pain?

With a giggle Dawan said, “Even if you do a somersault in front of them, they won’t see you.”

“Why?”

She suddenly changed the topic and said, “Do you know what place this is?”

Ma Rulong did not but he could already feel the unspeakable ghostly air of the place.

“This is a morgue,” said Dawan blithely. “If someone got murdered in this county, their bodies must be brought here for an autopsy.”

Ma Rulong hadn’t seen a corpse, nor smelt the foul stench of blood, but he was already uncomfortable in his stomach. At a place like this, nobody could possibly feel at ease. Why did Dawan bring him here?

In the courtyard were two rows of buildings, with no lamps nor windows. But from the last room on the right side, even though the door was closed, it seemed that there was light seeping through the cracks. And Dawan entered the room.

Ma Rulong couldn’t help but ask, “Are you bringing me to see someone in that room?”

“Why don’t you come in and see for yourself?” And she pushed the door open.

There was light in the room as expected, and one could see a dim lamp and a large bed. On the bed was a sheet of stark white cloth, covering a body underneath. This sheet of cloth was apparently too short. Although it covered the face of the body, it left her feet exposed.

The first thing Ma Rulong saw was her feet, a pair of snow-white feet and delicate ankles.

Her toes looked soft and beautiful. Whoever saw this pair of feet should realize that this was a pair of female feet, which surely belonged to a beautiful woman.

Ma Rulong now recalled that he didn’t get a chance to see the flower girl’s face in that dark alley. He couldn’t help let out a sigh.

“She is dead?”

“Looks very much like it.”

“It was you who killed her?”

Dawan indifferently replied, “She always looked down on me, thinking she was better than me and could beat me anytime. As soon as I saw her, I ran way. It was precisely to make her underestimate me.”

Underestimating an enemy was forever an unforgivable mistake.

Dawan simply said, “She thought lowly of me, and that’s why I’m still standing while she has dropped. To me, she’s as good as dead.”

Ma Rulong had to ask once again, “You say, as good as dead?”

“Hmm.”

“So she’s actually not dead yet?”

“Why don’t you take a look for yourself?” She smiled mysteriously. “Take a really good look.”

In order to look, that sheet of cloth had to be lifted. Ma Rulong lifted it and let it drop immediately, his face suddenly turning red and his heart beating faster. Although he had yet to see very clearly, he didn’t dare to look any longer.

Underneath that cloth was a girl, who was completely naked. He’d never seen such a beautiful woman before, with that beautiful body and that beautiful face. If such a woman was really dead, it would really be a great pity.

Dawan asked again, “Take a look. Is she dead?”

Ma Rulong couldn’t tell.

Dawan said, “You only got a glimpse of her, of course you can’t tell if she’s dead or not. But you should at least see that such a beautiful woman like her is rare.”

Ma Rulong acknowledged that.

Dawan said, “In that case, you should know that she’s still alive.”

“How come?” Ma Rulong asked.

With a sigh Dawan said, “Because she’s really too beautiful. I couldn’t let her die. Even if I wanted very much to kill her, I wouldn’t be able do it.”

Ma Rulong sighed.

Dawan asked, “Why did you sigh?”

Ma Rulong said, “How did you find her?”

With another sigh Ma Rulong continued, “I’ve already looked at her, and I believe she’s still alive. But I’m even more confused.”

Dawan asked, “Confused about what?”

Ma Rulong said, “Do I know her?”

“No, you don’t,” replied Dawan.

Ma Rulong asked, “How is she related to me?”

“No relation as of now,” replied Dawan.

Ma Rulong said, “Then why did you bring me to see her?”

Dawan said, “Because although the two of you aren’t related yet, later you definitely will be.”

Ma Rulong asked, “How will we be related later?”

Dawan’s smile became even more mysterious. She said, “There are things I can’t tell you right now but I promise whatever I want you to do, you won’t regret it.”

Ma Rulong asked, “What have you planned for me now?”

“I’m going to take you to see another person,” said Dawan.

Ma Rulong asked, “Who is it?”

Dawan replied, “A man who likes you very much, and it appears you like him somewhat too.”

Ma Rulong asked, “How do you know I like him?”

Dawan explained, “So long as one gets to see him, it would be very difficult not to like him.”

Immediately Ma Rulong thought of a difficult-not-to-like man and he said, “Jiangnan Yu Five?”

Dawan said, “Who else but him?”

Ma Rulong asked, “He’s also here?”

“Just on the other side,” replied Dawan.

Ma Rulong asked, “What is he doing?”

Dawan laughed and said, “You won’t, for the life of you, be able to guess whatever he’s doing.”

(1) Yamen – local bureaucrat’s office and residence

[End of Ch13]
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 10-17-05 at 06:20 PM.

Welcome back dear Bee. We were afraid you might be gone forever.
    Wizard

Thanks Bee.
    Soooo glad you're back.

WOOHOO!!! Bday update for me!!!! Way to go Bee! keep it coming. Evry bit is greatly appreciated!

Thank God, she's back.
    And dear God, please send our bliss back home.

Thumbs up

Nice! can't wait for the next one

people, thanks for letting me know there's still demand for the story

toe: I miss bliss too.. maybe we should go stalk him or something!

people, thanks for letting me know there's still demand for the story

toe: I miss bliss too.. maybe we should go stalk him or something!
    We'll send the Tongs after him.
    Wizard

yummy update
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”