Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear - Shen Hongye' s excerpt

yummy update
    bliss-ge! haven't seen you for 20 years.. I'm back, and so are you!
    now now let's party!!!

We'll send the Tongs after him.
    Wizard
    It works, wizard!!!!!

Thanks for the update
    A good read as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeDreamer
    bliss-ge! haven't seen you for 20 years.. I'm back, and so are you!
    now now let's party!!!

It works, wizard!!!!!
    Meat Cleaver fear!
    Wizard

Default ch14

Chapter 14 No Mercy

The first time Ma Rulong saw Yu Five, Yu Five had been cooking. A great number of people in the world cooked everyday so cooking couldn’t possibly be anything strange. But when Jiangnan Yu Five cooked in the kitchen, people would be in awe.

But this place is a morgue, not a restaurant or a kitchen.

“If you can guess what he’s doing, I will respect you.”

“I don’t want you to respect me. I can’t guess.”

“He’s combing hair.”

Hair combing definitely isn’t anything strange either. Jiangnan Yu Five must comb his hair just like everyone does. But he wasn’t combing his own hair. He was combing someone else's. He was combing the hair of an old lady whose all teeth were about to fall out.

In a room on the opposite side, nobody knew when a lamp was lit. An old lady was sitting beneath the lamp. She was wearing red upper and lower garments, looking like a bride wearing an embroidered red gown. One of her legs was lifted, and she had on a pair of bright red silk shoes. Her face was entirely wrinkled. She also got less teeth than a two-year-old child. Anyhow, her hair was still black and shining, just like soft silk.

It flabbergasted people to see Jiangnan Yu Five combing this old lady’s hair. His combing movements were the same as those while he was stir-frying a dish, majestic and exquisite. It didn’t matter if he was holding a spatula or a comb. After all he was Jiangnan Yu Five, that unparalleled Jiangnan Yu Five.

Although Ma Rulong couldn’t figure out why he was combing the old lady’s hair, or why Dawan had to bring him to see all this, he was already subconsciously in awe. It seemed like Yu Five didn’t notice them coming in. Whatever he did, he did with heart and soul. That’s why he did it better than anybody else.

At the moment, he used a long, ebony hairpin to make a neat hair bun for her, and he was admiring his own masterpiece while doing it. It was indeed a masterpiece, even Ma Rulong had to admit that. This old lady seemed many years younger. Yu Five kept his eyes closed for a moment, and the expression on his face was as if he was being carressed by his lover.

“Noone can compare to you. Absolutely, noone can ever compare to you.” The lady’s voice was old but one could still hear how sweet and tender it had been in her younger years. She softly sighed and said, “If your kungfu was half as good as your hair dressing skill, you would conquer the world.”

Yu Five chuckled, “Luckily, I certainly don’t want to conquer the world.”

“Why not?”

“Because if one does conquer the world, his days will definitely be very dull.”

"The old lady let out a laugh, a big laugh. She said, “I like you. I really like you. Even if you hadn’t dressed my hair, I think I’d still have done this for you.”

Who was this old lady? What did Yu Five want her to do? As Ma Rulong’s curiousity was piqued, Dawan actually dragged him outside.

“You must have been confused just now. You don’t know what I’m planning to do.”

“So what’s your plan? Who are we going to see this time?”

Dawan said, “We are going to see someone in a picture” Then she continued, “Even if you were a hundred times smarter than this, you still wouldn’t be able to guess his identity.

A lamp was lit in the next room, revealing a picture on the wall. It was a picture of an ordinary middle-aged man, who looked very honest.

Ma Rulong hadn’t seen this person before. Or even if he had, he didn’t remember.

This kind of persons wasn’t exactly unworthy to remember, but he wouldn’t make a lasting impression on people either.

“His surname was Zhang. He was Zhang Rongfa. He was an extremely honest and good-natured person. He opened a small grocery store in town, with a helper who was almost as honest as himself.”

Dawan described the man in the picture, “He was born in a Pig year, and this year he would be forty-four years old. When he was nineteen, he married a woman named Guizhi. She was both angry and sick because she couldn’t have a baby. The angrier, the sicker she became. Lately, she had been so sick that she was bedridden so the old Zhang had to feed her. Now that she was very sick, her bad temper skyrocketted. Nobody in the neighborhood could stand her.”

Suddenly she stopped and asked Ma Rulong, “Do you hear me clearly?”

Ma Rulong heard her very clearly but he was still bewildered. He couldn't figure out why Dawan brought him to see this picture and described the man in the picture in such details.

Of course he had to ask, “So this man and I are related somehow?”

“It is quite so.”

“How is it possible that he has something to do with me?”

“Because this person is you.” It didn’t look like Dawan was cracking a joke. “You are he, and he is you.”

Ma Rulong thought it was funny, so funny that he could roll on the floor laughing until his stomach hurt. What a pity that no laugh would come out. Because he could tell that Dawan wasn’t joking. She wasn’t insane either.

He deliberately asked, “This Zhang Rongfa person is me?”

“Absolutely.”

“He doesn’t look a bit like me.”

“But you will soon look like him, very much like him. I would even say, exactly like him.

“Too bad I can’t change myself.”

“You can’t, but someone can do it for you.”

Dawan suddenly asked, “Do you know why Yu Five was doing hair for that young lady?”

Ma Rulong said, “That lady isn’t young. She appears to be an old lady.”

Surprisingly Dawan didn’t agree with him. “She isn’t old. She is a young lady. Some people can live to be one hundred eighty years old. So she is still young.”

“She is such a person?”

“That’s right.” Dawan continued, “If she isn’t, there won’t be any such person in the world.”

“How come?”

“Because she is surnamed Yu (1).”

Ma Rulong finally thought of someone. “Is she related to that Lady Yu of sixty years ago?”

Dawan replied, “She is that Lady Yu. She is ‘the exquisite hands of jade’ Yu Linglong.”

(1) Yu = jade

[END of CH14]
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 10-17-05 at 06:35 PM.

Interesting story. Thanks Bee for translating. Looking forward for more updates
    There's a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Awesome translation Beedreamer. This story is starting to get very interesting...
    "Knowing is not enough, you must apply. Willing is not enough, you must do." - Bruce Lee

thanks bee.
    2 in a row is like 2 servings of roasted duck.
    Satisfying but don't mind more of it.

Hi Bee,

I think 63 people have read your update, you know what that means
    There's a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Great update I begin to think that Dawan is one of Lady Yu's client

What's up with this translation?

I've included this novel into the half-baked stuff page at:

http://haddjo.freehostia.com/

It's an interesting story...
    I still don't how bad looking or good looking Da Wan until the end...

Thanks Fastclock. I have been waiting patiently for an update of this novel. All the translations at wuxiapedia seems to have come to a standstill. But those were excellent translations at that site. Too bad. I guess there are other priorities.

It's pretty quick to produce a half-baked stuff (2-3 days) as most of them are mechanical (existing software translator, copy/paste in Word). But, it will take quite a long time to edit and make the translation accurate and 100% smooth.

As you have seen it yourself, Jiu Yue Ying Fei took more than a year to complete, and it's by no means perfect.

That's why I would like to encourage more people to do the editing part - to smoothen the translation work - because that's the most exhausting and time-consuming part. If everyone can chip in a little, the voluntary work can be more manageable.

Of course, one can also translate from scratch and I won't know how long it will take then, reading the original language, structuring the English sentences, and sometimes agonizing over a word for a long time.

The amount of time one can spend on producing excellent translation (like in wuxiapedia) is ironic compared to the amount of time one will spend on reading the excellent translation. It will take only a day or two to finish the reading, while it may take 2-3 years to produce one.

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet View Post
    Dawan is going to get beatiful at some point. The only ugly females in Gu Long novels are the dangerous killer Grannies
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Yeap. I don't like how Gu Long made Da Wang beautiful at the last paragraph. I really hope GL has gone against convention totally for this novel. But sadly, the hero still ends up with a beautiful heroine. So, I'm only left with the consolation that Ma Rulong already loved her before she turned beautiful.

I like how Mu Rulong thought she was extremely ugly at first, but the more he interacted (and gone through many experience) with her, the less ugly she became to him. And he was missing her when she's not around.

Btw, Ma Rulong is my favourite GL character after Hua Manlou. (from the few GL books I have read).
    Last edited by kidd; 07-04-07 at 12:19 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I have been unable to find any translations from Chapter 15 onwards (to 39). Saw a link to the chinese version in qiqi.com but being able to read only a few chinese characters, could not understand it. With a strong desire to see what's next, I found a chinese to english translating software (multitranse) that does some good & bad translating combined.

I am personally editing and rewriting the translation for myself only. It takes a lot of work & time (about 3-4 days for Chapter 15) and I have a rough one that I am working on. Don't know if anyone here is interested in reading more .....

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by genuis8 View Post
    I have been unable to find any translations from Chapter 15 onwards (to 39). Saw a link to the chinese version in qiqi.com but being able to read only a few chinese characters, could not understand it. With a strong desire to see what's next, I found a chinese to english translating software (multitranse) that does some good & bad translating combined.

I am personally editing and rewriting the translation for myself only. It takes a lot of work & time (about 3-4 days for Chapter 15) and I have a rough one that I am working on. Don't know if anyone here is interested in reading more .....
    The generous fastclock already done the half-baked translation using the online dic. and its already 40-60% readability. You should use that to continue translation.

His website: http://haddjo.freehostia.com/joomla_1.5.3/ and click the half-baked link

Thanks for the link.

can someone plz finish translating this novel....its already 39% complete

does duan ever seriously learn martial arts in demi gods and semi devils or does he just keep getting
    saved by women the whole story