Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Treasures

Aww, I liked how Wayne went to retrieve all his life savings to help Bobby's business. And how all of the family members pitched in too. I was so touched. But too bad the business still needs to go bankrupt.

Shirley looks like that bad guy's daughter, not sister. HAHA!

Finished this series....rushly I might add...the DVD went bung on me!
    But anyway I was suprised they didnt drag that ending plot line about Bobby's son (dont want to spoil it), I mean usually those kind of situations they would take a few episodes till a 'solution' has come acrossed.

Is it me or does the cast here...the supporting cast that is...its quite similar to the supporting cast to TMWFI apart from Bobby?
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Quote Originally Posted by xcutie
    i have DA SONG!!!! click herehttp://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/series_H2/

*note: you need a Yahoo! account. join the group and click files to find it. it's the sub-theme.
    the song thats suppose to be sung by lo choy ling, the song seems weird...or its my player...

****spoilers ahead****

I've just finished watching episode 20 last night, (posting here to bump the thread up a little bit) and it was pretty cute. That little boy that plays Jacky is really adorable! I love it when he smiles and pouts. It was cute seeing the 'family' day they had together.:P

I laughed SO hard when all the people living on the street ate everything from the food table, and then didn't buy anything - but went upstairs to help out Bobby. Aww. Kind of what I would have done if I was there, haha. And Wayne's expressions when he saw his girlfriend kissing the other guy - too funny.xD
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

The little boy IS very cute! Aww..

Doesn't something bad happen to all three of them (Bobby, Ellesmere, and Wayne)? Like Bobby's business eventually goes bankrupt again, Ellesmere loses his job at the real estate agent somehow, and well Wayne was always just working in Ap Liu Street anyways.

It's weird how Shirley is suggesting that they get married already because it seems a little fast for me. They just started going out and there weren't too many scenese with them together. Makes me go O_O'' especially when they went to buy an apartment and looked for furniture together.

And it looks like Sonija is starting to like Bobby now... those secret smiles. I'm getting kinda annoyed with Anne whining about not being able to tell Bobby she likes him and always assuming that he has a girlfriend and has a fit. I think it's dragged on too long.. just go ask him forgodsakes!

Lastly, I feel sorry for Wayne. He spent so much money buying the suit, glasses, briefcase... the engagement ring, the dinner, the restaurant, etc.. and Ying Ying wants to break up with him. Sigh. Oh and not to mention the embarssment too. Everybody was watching them.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie
    The little boy IS very cute! Aww..

Doesn't something bad happen to all three of them (Bobby, Ellesmere, and Wayne)? Like Bobby's business eventually goes bankrupt again, Ellesmere loses his job at the real estate agent somehow, and well Wayne was always just working in Ap Liu Street anyways.

It's weird how Shirley is suggesting that they get married already because it seems a little fast for me. They just started going out and there weren't too many scenese with them together. Makes me go O_O'' especially when they went to buy an apartment and looked for furniture together.

And it looks like Sonija is starting to like Bobby now... those secret smiles. I'm getting kinda annoyed with Anne whining about not being able to tell Bobby she likes him and always assuming that he has a girlfriend and has a fit. I think it's dragged on too long.. just go ask him forgodsakes!

Lastly, I feel sorry for Wayne. He spent so much money buying the suit, glasses, briefcase... the engagement ring, the dinner, the restaurant, etc.. and Ying Ying wants to break up with him. Sigh. Oh and not to mention the embarssment too. Everybody was watching them.

I'm not sure! I've just finished watching episode 21 yesterday, hehe. Shirley & Ellesmere are definitely moving TOO fast. So much pressure! Seriously..they'll be going bankrupt soon if they keep it at this rate.;o

I'm okay with Anne, hehe. I guess I've always liked her ever since she was in the Miss HK Pageant, but anyways..it's realistic in a way because I would never have the courage to tell. But I do want her to ask Bobby and then end up with Wayne. They look SO funny together!

I feel terrible for Wayne. He tried to change so badly, and even taking an extra course for his girlfriend, learning french, but it didn't work in the end. I was smacking my head when he was going to propose to Ying ying on their 999th day anniversary, because she was so going to break up with him. Yes, the perfect day to do so. And the cake, the violins playing, the expensive ring, the dinner for Anne. He should have let her speak before, because then she wouldn't have so badly rejected him in a way that it was humiliating. And where did her boyfriend come from? OUCH. Wayne might just need to go to the doctor for that back.;(

I'm going to go visit my grandparents so it's a mini vacation. I'll be gone for a week but I"ll still be watching this series. Hehe. Keep the board aliveeee!:P
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

have fun on ur vacation!

Shirley and her family are putting so much pressure on Ellesmere. he's going to go poor soon if Shirley keeps wanting to buy everything good for their "dream house"!

Anne should just tell Bobby how she feels. if she doesnt, someone else is going to grab him (Sonija). but by keeping it a secret between her and Wayne, they're getting closer to each other! they make such a good match. but poor Wayne... he spent so much time, effort, and money on Ying Ying and she cheated on him. i loved his face expression when he saw them kissing though! so funny!!

Sonija, Bobby, and that little kid make a good family. they look so happy together! especially on that day that they spent together. how sweet...

is bobby's business going to last long? at this rate, i'm surprised how it's stil alive..
    currently watching: None. Too busy to watch TV!

Quote Originally Posted by xcutie
    Sonija, Bobby, and that little kid make a good family. they look so happy together! especially on that day that they spent together. how sweet...
    I agree! Those photos they took together were REALLY cute! They all look really happy in that photo!!

Yeah the Shirley and Ellsemere thing...well I think its because Shirley's character is a bit naive?(not sure if thats the right word) She wants to prove to her brother that her relationship is forever....or thats what i think anyway

Are you talking about Bobby's new business or his old business??

SPOILER!

His old business doesnt survive but his new business slowly grows and becomes quite known....
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

So does Bobby go mega bankrupt again?! haha..

Shirley's pressuring Ellesmere to marry her too right? Or well it looks like they get married cuz I see them in wedding gowns in the themesong. The look on Ellesmere's face is so funny whenever he's around Shirley's brother. And the wife is funny too.. always trying soothe him.

Yeah they do...the theme song does give it away. I must say Anne Heung looked real pretty in that maid of honour dress!!

Yeah he goes bankrupt but he starts a new business and soon becomes successful! So happy ending!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

I can't stand shirley's brother in that series. Her brother just has that super annoying attitude that makes you wanna punch him out.

Oohh, in which episode do they get married? I hope I'm still in town to watch it. =(

LOL. It's kinda sad how Shirley's brother doing all this just to out do Bobby's business. I mean is that how you want to spend the rest of your life?

LOL. It's kinda sad how Shirley's brother doing all this just to out do Bobby's business. I mean is that how you want to spend the rest of your life?
    I can't stand her brother. His personality in that series just makes you wanna choke him with your bare hands.

Quote Originally Posted by LayLeenGeet
    I can't stand her brother. His personality in that series just makes you wanna choke him with your bare hands.
    me too. he's so pointless. doing all he could just because he wants Bobby bankrupt. such a waste of time.. but his wife is funny!! she's just funny.. i dunno why but she makes me laugh.
    currently watching: None. Too busy to watch TV!

The wife is nice, but she can be evil sometimes too. ;p

So, I don't understand why Shirley's pushing Ellesmere to marry her. You know how guys are iffy about this marriage business. They usually get all freaked out and stuff about being tied down, etcetc. Sigh. Give the poor guy a break.

I didn't catch the beginning of today's episode.. so I don't know why Shirley's brother has gone mad again about Ellesmere. I thought he already accepted him?

Okay, nevermind. I watched a re-run of it.

OMG! What is wrong with Shirley's brother?! He is SO biased towards Ellesmere! He made Ellesmere feel so bad about himself.. saying he has no money, no parents, just a poor orphan, etc. That is so mean! No wonder Shirley wants to get married so fast. Sigh. Can somebody please slap him right now? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie
    Okay, nevermind. I watched a re-run of it.

OMG! What is wrong with Shirley's brother?! He is SO biased towards Ellesmere! He made Ellesmere feel so bad about himself.. saying he has no money, no parents, just a poor orphan, etc. That is so mean! No wonder Shirley wants to get married so fast. Sigh. Can somebody please slap him right now? Sheesh.
    I agree, wow that was just plain bad... if ellesmere was anything like bobby or wayne, shirley's brother woulda been on the grounds lol. I liked the email ellesmere sent shirley :P that thing was funny.
    Favourite Actresses:
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5933/choiada83ux.jpg'), '')
    Ada Choi
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4931/anniewu28de.jpg'), '')
    Annie Wu

Yeah, the thing about Ellesmere that makes me mad is that he's kinda wimpy sometimes. I'm like BE A MAN! Stand up for yourself! He always has that look on his face whenever Shirley's brother is yelling at him.. like he wants to go hide behind something. HAHA! But then again, who can blame him, Shirley's brother is crazy. ;p

It was cute when Ellesmere had the card stuck in the folder for Shirley to see.. and then when it didn't work, he had a text message ready.. and then the email. LOL! And then he finally gave in and decided to marry Shirley later. Awww...

I found yesterday's episode kinda touching too. I liked the part when Bobby, Wayne and Ellesmere were chilling on the rooftop and Wayne lends Ellesemere the money for his marriage reception. And how Wayne said that they've been friends for 10+ years and even if he's normally cheap like that, when one of them needs help, he'll be there. I like their bond. It's quite nice.. teaches us to about relationships. You gotta stick together!

That was funny, Bobby and Wayne were happier than Ellesmere even though Ellesmere the one getting married. BTW that was really bad when Sonija was hit on by that producer guy and said that Sonija only made it this far by sleeping with her ex.
    Favourite Actresses:
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5933/choiada83ux.jpg'), '')
    Ada Choi
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4931/anniewu28de.jpg'), '')
    Annie Wu

I thought they all looked so pretty taking the wedding photos. Awww.. so cute. =) And looks like Wayne is starting to like Anne a bit. keke...

So Bobby's business is finally going out of business eh? Man, Shirley's brother is so ridiculously mean.. he's such a little person... always holding on to grudges. Geez. Be a man too forgodsakes!