Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Treasures

Default Hidden Treasures

it's airing in canada rite now. does neone here watch it? what do you think of it so far?
    currently watching: None. Too busy to watch TV!

i rented this series a while ago and i really enjoyed it.

I am watching it as well, it seems to be pretty good, and it shows clearly yet realistically the tenseness of being an entrepreneur

If not for Bobby, Anne Heung, Ellesmere and Wayne Lai, I will give a pass on this series. I dislike Sonija and Shirley!!!
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Whats the Chinese name of this series?or any pictures will do...

It's called 鴨寮街的金蛋 (Ngap Liu gaai dik gum daan) in chinese.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvb.com/tvbi/program/treasures/img/lcover.jpg')
    Watching:~ Dicey Business, The Gentle Crackdown, The Gateau Affairs
    Recently Finished: ~ To Grow with Love, The Academy

bobby's son is so cute
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

who's bobby's son?

this show is sooo funny!!! my favorite part so far is the part when the salesperson jumped into the car window... omg, i was rolling on the floor!!! i wonder if salespeople are really like that in HK..

SPOILERS....

sonija's sister gave birth to a son. that's bobby's son
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

WHAT?! The ex-famous singer.. the one that Bobby's drooling all over about?! Omigoodness, what are the chances! But from the scenes from the themesong, it looks like Bobby ends up going out with Sonija instead. ???!!!!

No offense or anything... I don't like Anne Heung in this series (well I'm not a big fan of hers anyway), but I really can't stand her voice in this one. It's too high pitched when she tries to be loud. She tries too hard to act loud and rough.. like those street people. It just doesn't work for me. And between Anne or Sonija, I'd have to pick Sonija.

Who's that girl that likes the real estate agent?

yes. they had a one night stand during bobby's one week stay with sonija's sister.
    that's shirley yeung
    cherrie

but doesnt Bobby end up with Sonija? it looks like it from the song clips... i dont like Anne either. she's trying to be rough and everything, but she looks better sophisticated and elegant, like in that show with little kids and Patrick Tam.

I've never had anything against Anne, I've always liked her. I really enjoy this series: light-hearted, and funny. However, during all the scenes where Bobby reminisces over the ex-singer, whenever her song plays (over and over again), I have to mute the TV because my brother watches the series with me and he can't stand the song. But they do play it too much.

I can't wait for tonight's episode.=)
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

SPOILERS......

yes, bobby ends with sonija.
    cherrie

Anne sings that song?! Yeah, I have to agree that they play that song waaaay too much. I'm already sick of it.. and there is still.... 15 episodes left? HAHA! I mean it was kinda nice in the beginning, but then.. Bobby kept on reminiscing (and I swear I've seen the same scenes 5 times already).. and that song keeps on playing. It's like AHH! doesn't she have another song to play on the record?!

Ooh, so Bobby and that singer (what's her name?) had a one night stand eh? No wonder she didn't want to meet up with him at the dock. It's kinda funny.. cuz if I was Bobby's friend and didn't know anything about their relationship, I would have thought Bobby was a nutcase. He sounds sooo overly obsessed with that singer. O_O''

The actress that played the singer is Eileen Yeow. At first I liked the song a lot but almost every episode the song was played over and over again whenever Bobby think back his good time with Eileen. I guess he is so obsessed with the singer is becoz he is the first girl he slept with. Back then he was just an electrician before he had his own hi-fi stereo business.

*SPOILER*
    Like Cherie said, Bobby ended with Sonija and they adopted Bobby's son which is also Sonija's nephew. Kinda strange when the son had to call Sonija "Mommy".

LOL, how strange it is for Sonija to hear her nephew call her "mom"...

The actor that plays Roger (Eileen's ex boyfriend from long time ago) looks so preverted. Maybe it's his eyes and busy eyebrows. HAHA! Gave me the creeps.

It was pretty hilarious when Wayne Lai pretended to be the boss of the high-fi company and how Anne had to pretend that she was crazy. LOL! And his poor parking job! HAHA!

The actor who played Eileen's boyfriend acted in many other series. He is a good actor tho coz he can act all sorts of characters either a spoilt rich guy, baddie or goodie. If you have seen him in other series like AR2 & 3 (he played the killer with dual personalities), Riches & Stitches, Angel In The Mission and more. I think his funniest role was in Screen Play where is acted as Jacky Chan with all the kung fu fights.

Anyway, yeah...I remembered that part when Wayne try to impress his Mainland girlfriend and borrowed Bobby's BMW car and he is the boss of his hi-fi store.

LOL, Wayne's parking was sooo funny! his car was completely slanted.. that Roger guy does look very perverted. i've seen him in many series and he's usually the bad guy...