Thread: Self-defences

Default Self-defences

So, how many here has hobbies of somekind self-defence?

I have green belt in Taekwondo, so I'm not really good at it yet.

Few questions:
    What is your hobby?
    What belt do u have?
    When did u start, and how old were you?

My hobbie is white crane kung fu.

How long? since I was 7.... roughtly 11 years ago.

I also practice Naginata.
    Currently watching- War and Beauty

I did Taekwondo.
    I started in 2001. I had the yellow belt only. then I stopped in the ealy of 2002, coz it's the year that I had the final Exam (French system: Baccalaurat) Exam to finish high school, I dun no what we call this in English.
    Now just do Ping Pong and Swimming, and sometime baskeball.
    But I still like Taekwondo, but don't have time. Maybe when I will finish university, I could do it again.
    Idol: Liza Wang Ming Chuen
    fav drama: War of In Laws, A Matter Of Customs, ATE, Blade Heart...
    forum: http://lizawang.go-forum.net

I'm going to do yellow belt in karate. It's difficult and I have severe problems coordinating my actions.
    I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does.

Default I'm a yellow belt,green tip in taekwondo

I started learning taekwondo in Oct 2001 after a brief 6 mnths of zhonghua wushu(chinese martial arts,my first ever experience of learning martial arts)which i started in July that same year.Because of some medical problems and being busy at school,I missed several gradings then stopped for about a year plus or so.By 2002 Oct,I was only a white belt yellow tip,yeah caused I missed the previous gradings due to medical reasons.Then in Jan 2003,I didn't go for the grading then stopped until last year Oct.Got my yellow belt in Jan or Feb this year,then was looking for a better dojang/club but stumbled upon an ITF-styled club which was different from my home club WTF-style.So,experimented with ITF style,acknowledged ITF-style as the original taekwondo,since ITF was founded by Gen Choi who also is the founder of taekwondo and ITF-style emphasizes on self-defence n true martial art n not just sport or competition.But because training there was too tough due to my recent status from lean to obesity,I joined back my home club(missed the April grading as a result).I got my green tip only last month.If not for my medical problems,I would have achieved a 1st dan black belt last year.Oh well,now my health is better so I'm going all the way.I really love taekwondo and might branch/take up other korean/japanese/chinese martial arts like shotokan karate/hapkido/aikido/ninja-do/wushu concurrently with taekwondo after i get my 1st dan.You are not alone,I still feel(so do my instructors)that I need to refine my basic kicks:front,side n turning.I also seem to have lost my confidence,aggressiveness and prowess in sparring.
    And it is not in every hero's heart to be the one true hero amongst heroes.

Just started Wing Chun in the end of May this summer. Loving it. Gonna go into light contact in a tournament in October.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.