Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Third edition changes

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    All except Zhang Wuji.
    Probably no need. A number of us find him likeable enough as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena
    - Abbot Xuanci asked Xiao Feng to enter the Shaolin Monastery and told him that he and 4 other monks were in fact those 5 mysterious old men. Abbot Xuanci confessed to Xiao Feng that he was the [big brother], and he told Xiao Feng that if he wanted to avenge his parents he will not fight back and the Xuan generation monks were not allowed to retaliate. Xiao Feng said that he needed time to find who the real killer was of the his adopted parents and teacher and also the name of the messenger that lead to the massacre of Yanmen Pass. Abbot Xuanci nodded and said that Xiao Feng was welcome to take his life any time, he also told Xiao Feng to leave at the rear entrance of the monastery. He and the other Shaolin monks will block and/or explain to the heroes. But Xiao Feng refused this.
    can u tell me if this takes place before the revelation at the shaolin meeting? if it is the case then it is a pity becoz the revelation at shaolin would lose its dramatic effect if we already know who is the big bro

Thank you sooo much Athena!!!!You are the best!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    My knowledge of Chinese is very limited. I tend to focus my attention on the fight scenes; other details don't stick in my memory for long. Also the novel is really quite boring at times.
    I, on the other hand, want to get over the fight scenes as soon as possible and get on with the story.
    But, I've got to say that I quite like that Snow Mountain Sect's swordplay that creates snowflake shape scars. Not the most powerful martial art but kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    I recently watched an adaption of Ode to Gallantry, in which Shi Potian the beggar was very clean-faced upon introduction. Shi Qing and wife clearly saw his face, but they did not recognize him. Later, SPT grew up, but the actor remained the same, and suddenly Shi Qing recognized him. So that impression threw me off quite a bit.
    Are you talking about that Shaw Brothers movie 'Ode to Gallantry'? That movie sucks. I only like the ending because it confirms the identity of GouZhaZhong. The actor who plays GZZ is totally wrong for the role (even Dr.Bei look younger than him) and I hate his potrayal of GZZ.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-07-05 at 09:59 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Are you talking about that Shaw Brothers movie 'Ode to Gallantry'? That movie sucks. I only like the ending because it confirms the identity of GouZhaZhong. The actor who plays GZZ is totally wrong for the role (even Dr.Bei look younger than him) and I hate his potrayal of GZZ.
    Yeah that's the one. And yeah, it pretty much sucks. and yeah, Bei Haishi was definitely miscast! and those demonic guys from the West at the end had some of the worst facial makeup ever.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

JY is making wholesale changes to the novel, i'm kind of with Bliss and RWX on this that the revision should corrects the timeline continuity and to make things tighter and making a stronger punch.

The changes from 1st edition to the 2nd edition visibly enhance the novels.

Has the third edition able to do it as well?

Further, with the 3rd ed DSGD, the single glaring point that DY was not "one woman person" struck me as the single biggest change. It is so out o keeping with the old DY, and also his brothers who each only love one woman.

The new JMZ's background history with MRB is good, but the love quadrangle between TSTL, LQS, WYZ and DCQ is an utter mess.

I like most of the other changes that was posted here.

Further question, what happened to the YJJ that YTZ had, did he only learned the Yoga style? Did he complete it? Did anyone in Shaolin learned YJJ?

Also any other changes to Sweeper Monk?

Han SOlo

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Further question, what happened to the YJJ that YTZ had, did he only learned the Yoga style? Did he complete it? Did anyone in Shaolin learned YJJ?

Han SOlo

Seems like the YJJ ink was washed away to reveal the hidden Yoga text. So he only had the yoga manual left. No YJJ for him.

I, on the other hand, want to get over the fight scenes as soon as possible and get on with the story.
    But, I've got to say that I quite like that Snow Mountain Sect's swordplay that creates snowflake shape scars. Not the most powerful martial art but kinda cool.
    Although I said earlier that fight scenes turn me on, most of the fights in Ode to Gallantry is not very exciting. I can only think of a few that I thoroughly enjoyed: Xie Yanke vs the Changle Association at his home, Zhang San and Li Si's debute, Bai Zizai trying his best to injure Potian, and of course, Shi Potian demonstrating the ultimate form of martial arts to Lord Long + Mu.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

From Athena's updates on the changes in the third edition, have any of you guys changed your mind to the fighter rankings in DGSD, Internal energy wise?

In my mind, Sweeper and Xu Zhu being 1) and 2) (order impossible to determine who is better)

Next i would Duan Yu , 4) Wu Yazi. I think more highly of Wuyazi's ability now that it took both LQS and DingCQ - in an ambush too - to take down Wuyazi. I believe that his power woudl have increased faster than LQS when he was crippled because being a cripple he had nothing better to do but possibly cultivate his internal energy. In ROCH, it was said that the head mistress of the Loveless valley cultivated her energy faster than normal because she was in the bottom of the pit and had nothign better to do.

TSTL seems less powerful now, considering almost everybody in Xiao Yao (DCQ, WYZ, LQS) knew a piece of her best skill , the youth skill.

Default haha

Athena is a genius and the only person (in this thread) that I trully respect (pai fu) to the end, and I don' t have a lot of people that I respect to the really end.
    ZWJ...., one change. Make him like only ZM or at least only one of the girls. Not saying he likes all 4 and doesn't know himself which one he likes the most. I just don't like that. The 2002 adaption of HSDS's end was good. ZWJ going with ZM to the ice fire island in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena
    And thanks everyone!
    No, thank you. I've got more than what I needed.

Athena is a genius and the only person (in this thread) that I trully respect (pai fu) to the end,
    Great you think that.

and I don' t have a lot of people that I respect to the really end.
    Thats not very nice man.

QF

Default well

haha, sorry. But.., how many of you guys trully respect Athena in wuxia area?

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    hmm, do you respect her?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Probably no need. A number of us find him likeable enough as he is.
    he can be better.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    he can be better.
    So can everyone else in the world, but you change him too much and he won't be Cheung Mo Gei anymore.

Default Well

My opinion on the change of ZWJ to liking only one of girls isn't bad in my opinion. And it isn't a huge change and defitnitely none in his personality.

Dude, what in the god's name are you talking about man?

OF course I respect her, along with Ken, Super Boy, CC, Lav, Hank, Han..etc....

BUt I don't go around and say "So, and so, is the only one that I truly respect or paifu(by the way, its P-E-I F-U!). YOu get what I'm saying?

IF Athena is the only person you admire or PEI FU, great! Keep it to yourself. You understand?

QF

Quote Originally Posted by QF
    Dude, what in the god's name are you talking about man?

OF course I respect her, along with Ken, Super Boy, CC, Lav, Hank, Han..etc....

BUt I don't go around and say "So, and so, is the only one that I truly respect or paifu(by the way, its P-E-I F-U!). YOu get what I'm saying?

IF Athena is the only person you admire or PEI FU, great! Keep it to yourself. You understand?

QF
    Dude, if you want whsie's respect, scolding him here is not going to make him respect you any more.

Respect is earned, not demanded.
    I wish people would back their assertions about facts with facts.

Just because something is your opinion, doesnt necessarily make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus1982
    Respect is earned, not demanded.
    Actually (and the risk of further derailing this thread), every decent person is due a modicum of respect. Special esteem is a different matter, however.