Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Third edition changes

yeah. is anything else revealed about me?
    does anyhting change?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Originally posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    yeah. is anything else revealed about me?
    does anyhting change?
    You are still the same old DGQB.

I also think JY should give more information on this one of the most mysterious martial arts master in his novels.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    We wish.
    Well, GJ fans now got an extra bullet in the magazine though. Can claim extra hindrance to GJ in that fight since he now gave inner strength to YG.

Making JLFW (or JLGS) save GX does entrench him more firmly in the hall of Greats though.
    Last edited by CC; 01-31-04 at 03:34 AM.

Originally posted by CC
    Well, GJ fans now got an extra bullet in the magazine though. Can claim extra hindrance to GJ in that fight since he now gave inner strength to YG.

Making JLFW (or JLGS) save GX does entrench him more firmly in the hall of Greats though.
    I remember reading from the Wuxia Novel Discussion forum. JY he also eliminated the part where he said GJ's HL18Z surpass H7G's HL18Z during this battle. H7G was also able to do softness also.

It must be that XZ with his Xiao Yao's techniques.

So that is a down for GJ.

Well, it's probably not a down for Gj, more like an up for 7G.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

but GJ isn't unique anymore.

I used to describe his martial art as the balance of yin and yang.
    in LOCH- combined soft Vacant fist with the hard HL18Z with L/R hand technique
    in ROCH- modified his HL18Z to go from hard to soft.

but not anymore

It doesn't really matter to me, GJ is still just as powerful.

It makes a certain amount of sense. The Hong Lung 18 Palms acquired that "soft" quality because Gwok Jing was powering it with 9 Yum-energy. Hung 7 Gung was also a beneficiary of 9 Yum-energy, so there's no logical reason why the softness function would work for Gwok Jing and not for Hung 7 Gung.

but GJ isn't unique anymore.
    I still think GJ is unique.
    It doesn't matter to me that H7G was also able to do HL18Z softness also or his not #1 in martial arts (Though i,m sure his HL18Z is more strong than H7Q because his 9 Yin & QZ inner strength or maybe equal with Xiao Feng).
    But to me what is really matter is that GJ still have the heart of a true Hero (That's why I admire him).
    You can master any super martial arts in the world, but to have the heart/personality like GJ is very2x difficult (He's a rare man to find)
    Last edited by Raden Wijaya; 02-02-04 at 11:31 AM.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Athena, can you elaborate on whether HQG could perform the Dragon Palms like GJ in ROCH ? I've had enough of "I've heard from some forum someone says something" I'd rather trust someone who has read the thing and knows what he/she's talking about.

Btw GJ isn't as unique as Mother Theresa because she's a fake (maybe more suitable for another discussion).
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Well GJ can perform Dragon Palms while scratching his arse with the other hand. H7G can't do that!

Change the scratching arse bit to eating roasted chicken or some other food. Now that's something that would make HQG green with envy !
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Candide
    Change the scratching arse bit to eating roasted chicken or some other food. Now that's something that would make HQG green with envy !
    Indeed. In LOCH, Hung 7 Gung often seemed annoyed that he'd actually need to put down his food for a few seconds to go beat up Au Yeung Hak or Leung Tze Yung.

Originally posted by Candide
    Athena, can you elaborate on whether HQG could perform the Dragon Palms like GJ in ROCH ? I've had enough of "I've heard from some forum someone says something" I'd rather trust someone who has read the thing and knows what he/she's talking about.

Btw GJ isn't as unique as Mother Theresa because she's a fake (maybe more suitable for another discussion).
    that would be nice if Athena can verify it. Having 2 or more people verify it would be better than 1

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Sigh* I really wanted to stay out of these discussions, but anyhow. I can tell you that in the recent edition that particular sentence about Guo Jing's 18 Dragon Subdueing Palms being better than Hong Qigong is gone now. HOWEVER, that does not necessarily mean that Hong Qigong could perform the same feat as Guo Jing did in the Mongolian camp.
    Guo Jing had the used the Big Dipper Formation theory/formula in his 18 Dragon Subdueing Palms, that is something which Hong Qigong does not have. That factor, the Big Dipper Formation, also plays a significant aspect in that battle.
    Furthermore as in the second edition, Guo Jing's level in the first stance of the 18 Dragon Subdueing Palms, The Repenting Dragon is considerably higher than Hong Qigong. (This stayed the same).
    What conclusions can be drawn from the examples I've jotted down, is up to you to draw. I say nothing.

A mistake I made:
    Zhen Zhibing is not the third disciple of Qiu Chuji, but the fourth. Li Zhichang was the first, followed by Yang Kang, number three was Yin Zhiping and number four this Zhen Zhibing.
    And yes Zhen Zhibing commits suicide in the end, Yin Zhiping only shows up once. And that is at the beginning of the story, chapter 3 I believe. Just one insignificant role, later on his name is mentioned a few times. Saying he has placed a heavy emphasis on Taoist cultivation and has expressed not to be interested in the leadership of Quanzhen.

- By the way Yang Guo tells Huang Rong that Hong Qigong had died at Mount Hua. This happens when she, Guo Fu, the brothers Wu and Yang Guo used the stone formation to keep Jinlun Guoshi at bay. She was utterly upset and sad, as expected.
    - No extra information on Dugu Jiubai, as expected. That remains the same.
    - Gongsun Zhi is even more despicable now.
    - At the end of novel Jin Yong included some extra footnotes on the book of changes, Taoism, confucianism etc.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Thanks for all the info Athena. So the 3rd edition is already published?? What sentimental part are you talking about that is no longer in ROCH?? I like some of the changes while there are some that I don't seem to like as much. But for the most part they are good changes. By the way, have you seen the changes for Bi Xue Jian yet??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

knock...knock.
    And all we need of hell.

There are some extra parts which are included to emphasize the love Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu. For instance at the first Heroes Assembly, Xiao Longnu asks Yang Guo how many times he thought of her etc.
    And Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu were just joking and talking, quite sweet by the way.

The Sword Stained with the Royal Blood was out since last April or so, I believe. But it came out in the big character issue (4 volumes instead of the normal print with 2 volumes only). It was only in January this year that the normal print of The Sword Stained with Royal Blood came out in normal print (2 volumes).

On a different note, I have read many posts by many people speculating about the changes in Jin Yong's novels. Some even called him getting senile and ruining his own works. I find those comments rather harsh and premature, I have kept an open mind to the new revisions and so far everything worked out better than the previous editions. So I think we as readers of his novels should just wait and see and after reading the new revised novels give your own opinion on the changes. It is no good speculating about it now, just be patient. Because patience is a virtue.
    And all we need of hell.

Banned

where did u buy the book athena?
    i dont think whre i live have it
    where can u buy y9in jong book anyways