Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Third edition changes

Who's there?

superboy
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

superboy who?

Originally posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    yeah. is anything else revealed about me?
    does anyhting change?
    maybe Jin Yong wrote a story and a will saying to publish that story 100 years after his death
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by Question
    where did u buy the book athena?
    i dont think whre i live have it
    where can u buy y9in jong book anyways

At which decade have you bought your last Chinese book?
    try www.yesasia.com

Athena, you previously answered my question in another thread that the Wudang School in Sword Stained was changed to another school in the third edition, but I forget what school it was. Could you please answer again? Thanks.
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

I also want this third edition of ROCH books, but are they in Chinese or English? cuz, I'm not Chinese. It will even better if I can get it in Vietnamese.

TrieuTuLong, just wait another decade, someone will translate it eventually

Actually there's a group of translators doing translations of JY books (very knowledgable guys) but good luck waiting for ROCH translation.... none of them likes that book
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Decade? I think it would be another at least 20-30years.
    they haven't even translate all the 2nd verison into viet yet, and these book where published years ago

Originally posted by Athena

On a different note, I have read many posts by many people speculating about the changes in Jin Yong's novels. Some even called him getting senile and ruining his own works. I find those comments rather harsh and premature, I have kept an open mind to the new revisions and so far everything worked out better than the previous editions. So I think we as readers of his novels should just wait and see and after reading the new revised novels give your own opinion on the changes. It is no good speculating about it now, just be patient. Because patience is a virtue.
    Well said Athena. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Although I kinda wish JY would always end each of his novels with at least a friendly spar between the best martial artist to determine who is really the best out of all.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Originally posted by TaiHan
    Decade? I think it would be another at least 20-30years.
    they haven't even translate all the 2nd verison into viet yet, and these book where published years ago
    They've only translated what they like and what most readers request ie LOCH, HSDS, DGSD, DOMD since they do it for free in their own leisure time.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Moinllieon
    Well said Athena. Couldn't have said it better myself!
    You should get Athena to tell that to FaQ...

Originally posted by Candide
    You should get Athena to tell that to FaQ...
    I've told FaQ the same, just that it got drawn out, like everything does with FaQ.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

See, when it's you telling her that, she'll think that you're being a male chauvinist or some crap like that. Athena or some other girl can do it much better than us

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

To Rabadi: The martial arts school you are talking about is Xiandu School. Xiandu is a branch of Wudang, in the first edition it was indeed Wudang that Jin Yong used. However in his second edition he turned it into Xiandu School and that stayed the same in the third edition.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Thanks Athena. It seems that I ALWAYS only read the 1st edition, never the 2nd, much less the 3rd. Anyway, it was kind of a relief that JY changed Wudang into Xiandu, although it is still a branch of Wudang. I kind of like Wudang School, and to read how badly deteriorating Wudang's gongfu in Sword Stained is sort of a shame for me
    Last edited by rabadi; 02-03-04 at 10:48 PM.
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

tap, tap....
    And all we need of hell.

Exclamation Here are some translated excerpts

After having reached the tenth level of the Dragon and Elephant Wisdom Dexterity, the Imperial Priest wanted to test out his new level on these experts. He saw that Zhou Botong raised his fists and attacked himself, so he too raised his fists and wanted to intercept Zhou's fist. Before they actually exchanged blows, Zhou Botong could hear a series of light popping sounds coming from the Imperial Priest's arms. Zhou Botong was startled and knew that his adversary had a strange fist power and did not dare to receive it straight on.
    Zhou Botong lowered his elbow a bit and used his Vacant Fists skill.
    The blow by the Imperial Priest had as much power as 1000 jin-(1 jin is 1/2 kilogrammes). One could not say it was comparable to the strength of dragons or elephants but it was impossible for mere flesh and blood to receive such a blow. But when he intercepted the fist of Zhou Botong, it felt empty and vacant like there was no strength in it at all. He was somewhat shocked and used his left palm to strike out again.
    Zhou Botong felt that his opponent's power was omnipotent, he had never seen this before. Zhou Botong loves martial arts and whenever he knew someone who had a special skill he would challenge that individual to a duel. He has encountered numerous martial artists in his life, but even he had never heard or seen such strong power released by the Imperial Priest. He did not know what skill the Imperial Priest used, so he used his 72 Vacant Fists to battle the Imperial Priest. He used void to intercept solid and nothingness to block solidity. By doing so he has rendered the awesome power of the Imperial Priest useless, but it was also impossible for him to wound his adversary. The Imperial Priest attacked with several stances now, it seems his stances could not even tickle his adversary. He became frustrated that his dexterity, which he trained many years in, has not helped him gain the upper hand.
    At this point he noticed that a whoosing wind from behind, it was Huang Rong who used her bamboo cane to attack his Lintai acupoint. He raised his hand to block that attack and with one block he had broken the bamboo cane in two halves. The remaining energy released by that block was sending the dust to fly upwards and the grit to surge around.
    Huang Rong was startled and leapt aside, she was thinking:"This awful monk was quite formidable 16 years ago, but now he seems to be even more powerful. That palm of his was both strange and ominipotent, what kind of martial arts could that be?"
    Cheng Ying and Lu Wushuang saw that Huang Rong was in an unfavourable situation, they both attacked the Imperial Priest from two sides. One was using a silver rod and the other a sword, Huang Rong called out:"Be careful!"
    As soon as she finished, they were two cracking sounds. Both rod and sword were broken. The Imperial Priest was very saddened by the tragic death of Guo Xiang, he had no intentions of harming anyone else now. He yelled:"Move away!" And he did not pursue Lu Wushuang and Cheng Ying.
    Suddenly a black figure appeared and Yinggu was already standing next to him and had started to attack him, the Imperial Priest moved out his palm and wanted to strike her on the waist. Yinggu's martial arts was still inferior to Huang Rong, but she was trained in the Loach Manoeuvres therefore she was very good in evasion and making dodges. When she noticed a huge force coming towards her, she made two turns and three shuns and cleverly avoided that blow. The Imperial Priest does not know that her martial arts has not yet reached the level of a first rate martial arts expert, but somehow she strangely managed to avoid two of his fist attacks. He was quite shocked to see this, furthermore he felt that his omnipotent skill was unable to overwhelm two persons now. He was becoming frightened now and did not want to engage any further combat. He quickly moved away from Yinggu, but Yinggu put in everything she had to evade those two blows and was happy to see the Imperial Priest turning away from her. She did not dare to attack again, Zhou Botong yelled:"Don't run!" and he gave chase.
    The Imperial Priest was about to turn around to retaliate, suddenly he heard a light sound coming towards him. A luxuriant but gentle energy force was surging towards his face. Reverend Yideng had used his renowned Yiyang Finger to block the Imperial Priest Jinlun. The Imperial Priest had not considered this monk to be an expert, little did he realise that the energy released from his index finger was that powerful. Reverend Yideng's level of the Yiyang Finger had reached the level of ultimate proficient perfection, the seraphic energy released was pure, gentle but also abundant and forceful; impossible to block.
    The Imperial Priest was shocked and moved aside to avoid that blast, he immediately he returned a palm attack back. Reverend Yideng saw that his palm was extremely fierce and aggressive and did not dare to block it too, he glided away with a few steps.
    One was an enlightened, eminent Buddhist monk from the south, the other was an extraordinary Buddhist virtuoso from the north, each just exchanged one stance but did not dare to underestimate this adversary.
    Zhou Botong enjoyed the one on one duel with the Imperial Priest, and when reverend Yideng joined the battle he felt it was uninteresting now. So he stood aside and was observing the battle.
    In the beginning there was only one metre or so in between reverend Yideng and Imperial Priest Jinlun, but soon after dodging palm blasts and evading finger fires the gap between them gradually became bigger. They were now standing about four metres apart from each other and used their internal strenghts to battle each other from afar.
    Huang Rong was observing from the side and saw that reverend Yideng the condensation emitted from his head became denser and denser, she knew that he kept gathering his internal power and feared that because of his old age he would not able to withstand the Imperial Priest.
    She was devastated by the death of her beloved daughter and wished to step in and help but knew the two of them were battling each other with interal energy and could not intervene now. She did not know what to do at this point, when she suddenly heard her eagles shrieking. She whistled to them and pointed at the Imperial Priest.
    The pair of white eagles cried loudly and dove towards the head of the Imperial Priest, if it was the giant eagle of Yang Guo the Imperial Priest might be a bit afraid. Even though these two white eagles were grand but they were still ordinary birds, the Imperial Priest was not afraid of mere birds. He was still battling reverend Yideng with everything he had and could not be diverted to something else. Suddenly a pair of white eagles dove towards him, he could only use his left palm to strike out at the eagles. Two forceful palm energies surged towards the eagles. The eagles could not cope with such force and directly flew up higher. Nonetheless because of this diversion reverend Yideng immediately gained the upper hand. The Imperial Priest struck out a few times with his left palm bringing the battle to a draw again.
    The eagles heard the repeated order from Huang Rong, but their enemy's power was too strong and could only resort to creating a diversion, they would cry out loudly and make diving attacks at the Imperial Priest but when they were a few centimetres away from him they would redraw the attacks.They could fly away from his attacks but they could not injure him either, by doing so they were disturbing the concentration of the Imperial Priest. When experts battle, their concentration should be at their peaks, one with their entities only that way their internal strengths could be fully utilized. The palm energies released by Imperial Priest Jinlun were superior to reverend Yideng but when it came to self cultivation he was very much inferior to reverend Yideng. Furthermore he was intensely saddened by the lost of Guo Xiang, that already affected his state of mind and now the eagles kept pestering him adding more frustation to his state of being.
    Because of he was feeling frustrated now, it showed in his palm energies. Reverend Yideng smiled and made a step forward, when Huang Rong saw that reverend Yideng was advancing she raised her voice and called out:"Guo Jing, Yang Guo! You're here too, let us capture him together!"
    Guo Jing was her husband, she would not call out his entire name, but her intention was to frighten Imperial Priest Jinlun. If she called out [brother Jing], the Imperial Priest would probably think [Who is that?]. And the effect of her trick would not be so effective.
    Nonetheless her trick worked now and the Imperial Priest panicked when he heard the names [Guo Jing, Yang Guo], he thought:"These two experts are here too. I will not live to see another day."
    At this point, reverend Yideng made half a step forward again. In mid-air the eagles saw an advantage and the female eagle cried and dove towards the face of the Imperial Priest. Her claws were aimed for his eyes, the Imperial Priest cursed:"Confounded bird!" and raised his left palm to hit the eagle. However the female eagle broke off her attack when she was about four metres away from the Imperial Priest, her attack was another diversion. The male eagle silently sneaked up from the side and when the Imperial Priest noticed it, his right claw almost grabbed his bald head. The Imperial Priest was both angry and shocked, he whisked his palm hitting the eagle on the stomache. By this time the male eagle had seized the Buddhist hat of the Imperial Priest away and was flying off, but the whisk of the Imperial Priest was incredible the eagle could not withstand it. The male eagle made somersault in mid-air and fell down the deep ravine.
    Huang Rong, Cheng Ying, Lu Wushuang and Yinggu called out with shock. Zhou Botong became angry and yelled:"Damn monk! The old Imp will disregard Wulin traditions today and fight you too now."
    He raised his fist and attacked the Imperial Priest from the back.
    The female eagle heard the shriek of the male eagle and did not see it flying up from the ravine, she dove towards the ravine too and did not fly up again.
    The Imperial Priest was attacked from both sides and was afraid now. Although he had high martial arts but how could he withstand the combined attacks of two great martial arts masters. He did not want to fight anymore, he took out his golden and silver wheels to block the Yiyang Finger and Vacant Fists. He leant to the left and leapt up towards the left and he had made a way to the level area of the valley. Zhou Botong yelled and gave chase.
    The Imperial Priest went through a lot to escape and was running as fast as possible, he knew if he was detained by Zhou Botong he had to fight at least another few hundred stances to determine who would win. Furthermore if that old monk would take advantage of that situation he would surely perish here in this valley. Ahead was a thick forest and he was running towards it, suddenly a light sound was headed towards him; it was a small stone.
    He was another 100 paces or so away from the forest, but he did not know who shot that little stone towards him. The energy was most awesome, although it was only a small stone but the whoosing sound emitted from it was very loud. It was aimed directly in his face, the Imperial Priest raised his silver wheel and blocked the stone. It broke into ten small pieces and flew around two of them hit the face of the Imperial Priest. Two pieces of debris hit his face, mere debris could of course not injure him but it did hurt.
    He thought:"That small rock was shot from afar and shook my wheel. This person's internal strength is not inferior to the old imp and the old monk, how is it possible that such another expert exists?"
    While he was stunned for a minute, an old man in a green long robe walked out of the forest. He looked very suave and distinguished, Zhou Botong was happy to see him and shouted:"Old east heretic! This damn monk is responsible for the death of your granddaughter. Let us capture him together."
    The old distinguished old man was the lord of the Peach Blossom Isle Huang Yaoshi. After he and Yang Guo went their separate ways he decided to roam about in the north. One particular day he saw the two white eagles at a small village, he knew it was either his daughter or grandchildren that were around. So he decided to follow them, but he did not want to be seen by his daughter and followed them from afar. When he saw that both reverend Yideng and Zhou Botong could not defeat this monk, he was quite pleased. He thought that this monk was a worthy adversary and decided to intervene as well.
    The Imperial Priest struck his wheels together creating a loud dang sound, similar to the cry of a dragon. He said:"I take it you are East Heretic Huang Yaoshi?"
    Huang Yaoshi nodded and said:"Yes, I am. Reverend, what can I do for you?"
    The Imperial Priest said:"Even in Mongolia I have heard that only East Heretic, West Venom, South Emperor, North Beggar and Central Divinity were powerful in the Central Plains. It pleases me to see that you live up to your reputation. I would like to ask where the other four greats are?"
    Huang Yaoshi replied:"Central Divinity, North Beggar and West Venom have passed away many years ago. This reverend Yideng here is South Emperor and brother Zhou is the younger martial arts brother of Central Divinity."
    Zhou Botong said:"If my martial arts brother was still alive, would you be able to withstand ten of his stances?"

This part is the final battle between Yang Guo and Imperial Priest Jinlun
    Yang Guo put his sword back into his girdle and used his palm to intercept that blow from the Imperial Priest. When the two huge forces collided, both of them rocked about and the wooden ladder shook a few times like it was going to break. Both of them were shocked and praised the opponent:"I haven't seen him for 16 years, I never imagined his internal power would have increased this much."
    Yang Guo saw that the situation was dire and would not allow him to compete palm strenghts at the ladder again. He took out his sword again and attacked the Imperial Priest with stabbing, slicing the leg palms. The Imperial Priest was standing above and if he used his wheels to fight he would have to bend over and that would bring himself in a disadvantage. Furthermore his wheels were shorter compared to the sword, so he turned around and wanted to go up the platform again.Yang Guo raised his sword and attacked him ferociously in the back, every stance was as quick as lightning. The Imperial Priest did not turn around, and used his ears to determine the attacked positions. He used his wheel to block every stance, it was like he had eyes in the back of his head.
    Yang Guo praised him:"Damn monk! Impressive!"
    The Imperial Priest was standing on top of the platform and immediately retaliated with one wheel. Yang Guo avoided that and counter-attacked with his sword. He dove towards the Imperial Priest from mid-air. The Imperial Priest used his golden wheel to block and his silver wheel in his left hand was about to strike the blade. Just a moment ago the two of them exchanged one stance, Yang Guo felt that the palm energy of the Imperial Priest was solid, robust and stong, he had never encountered such power amongst his former adversaries. He was surprised by this and thought he had trained in the waves of the ocean and felt capable of withstanding the strong forces of tidal waves. 16 years ago the Imperial Priest was no match for me, but today after exchanging one blow I was almost incapable of withstanding that blast.
    Seeing that his wheels were about to make contact with his blade, he did not retract his sword. He wanted to test the internal strength of the Imperial Priest. At the moment when the wheels and sword collided there was a loud clang sound. The huge powers collided with each other, the sword of Yang Guo broke into two pieces and the wheels flew out of the Imperial Priest's hands. Wheels fell to the ground smashing three Mongolian archers.
    Yang Guo was shocked and thought:"For 16 years I have not used the heavy iron sword, I see that I am too overconfident today."
    In order to perform the Jade Maiden Combined Swordsmanship, Yang Guo could not use his heavy iron sword therefore he used an ordinary sword instead. When his blade made contact with the wheels of the Imperial Priest it broke immediately.
    After exchanging one blow each leapt aside, their arms felt numb. The Imperial Priest took out his iron and bronze wheels and attacked again. Yang Guo did not have another weapon anymore, so he generated his strength to his right hand sleeve and whisked out furthermore he used his left palm to withstand the Imperial Priest.
    Guo Xiang shouted:"Old monk, I told you before. You are no match for him! If you're really that powerful, why do you have to use your weapons? Can't you fight him empty-handed? You're a disgrace!"
    The Imperial Priest grunted and did not answer, he increased power and speed to his stances.
    Huang Yaoshi, Guo Jing, Huang Rong lead their troops back to defend Xiangyang, but when they saw Yang, Long and the divine eagle fighting their way towards the platform they had hopes again of saving Guo Xiang.
    Huang Yaoshi waved his command flag and ordered 4000 soldiers from the east, south, west, north and the central in total 20.000, they were to return to attack the rear invading Mongolian troops. The remaining soldiers were to assist Yang Guo in saving Guo Xiang. Although the Song troops were outnumbered but their spirits were raised when they saw Yang Guo on the platform. Each fought for ten, the Mongoliar archers kept shooting their arrows and held their ground. Each time the Song soldiers could advance forward they were soon pushed back by the uncountable arrows.
    The battle at the gates of Xiangyang was also at its' peak. The military governor Lu Wenhuan was too afraid to lead the armies, he wore his armour and with his two beloved concubines he was hiding in the castle. He was trembling like mad and kept stuttering:"Merciful Avalokitesvara......please protect m....m....my entire family........Mercif....merciful Avalokitesvara......."
    His two concubines were patting his chest and wiping away his saliva, the scouts came and went with news of the battle:"Another 10.000 enemy soldiers have reinforced the attacking troops at the eastern gate....... At the northern gate the enemy troops have put up the ladders........"
    Lu Wenhuan rolled his eyes with fear and kept asking:"Is master Guo back yet? Haven't the Mongolians retreated yet?"

At this moment Yang Guo using one arm had fought more than 200 stances with the Imperial Priest. Both of their martial arts are quite different from each other and the battle kept intensifying. The entire platform was overshadowed by the wheels and palm of these two. The smoke coming from the bottom of the platform also thickened and soon a black cloud covered the platform.
    Although Yang Guo was not using a weapon he was not in a disadvantage, the Imperial Priest felt the platform was shaking lightly and knew that the fire had started to consume one of the pillars of the platform. It would only be a question of moments before the platform would collapse and then he, Yang Guo and Guo Xiang would all die together. Also he saw that the techniques of Yang Guo were very marvellous and feared that after another 100 stances or more he would be defeated by Yang Guo.
    In this dire situation he attacked Yang Guo's right shoulder with his iron wheel and when Yang Guo was about to avoid that wheel he threw his bronze wheel towards Guo Xiang's face. As she was tied to a pole, it was impossible for her to dodge that wheel. Yang Guo was terrified and leapt towards Guo Xiang and used his sleeve to whisk the bronze wheel away. However when two experts battle it was not wise to be distracted, Yang Guo's attention was on Guo Xiang now leaving himself unguarded. The Imperial Priest struck out with his iron wheel the sharp edges were aimed at the left leg of Yang Guo. In mid-air Yang Guo, frantically kicked the Imperial Priest's wrist with his right leg. The Imperial Priest turned his wheel around and Yang Guo could not avoid this anymore and his right leg was cut. Blood immediately flowed from his wound, his injury was not light. Guo Xiang called out with fear, the Imperial Priest took out his lead wheel. With two wheels in his hands again he attacked Guo Xiang again from the top and below. He knew that although Yang Guo was injured he could not overcome him at the moment. So he deliberately launched a fake attack on Guo Xiang and by doing so Yang Guo would try to protect her with everything he had. In a few instances Yang Guo was in a dangerous position and could only fend and not attack anymore.
    Guo Xiang shouted:"Don't think of me now! Just kill this old monk to avenge me!" Now Yang Guo called out in pain, his right shoulder was cut again by the wheel.
    Xiao Longnu and the great eagle were standing at the ground together with Zhou Botong they prevented the archers from shooting arrows at Guo Xiang. Her attention was entirely focussed on Yang Guo, even when she was killing those soldiers her undivided attention was on Yang Guo. When she saw he was drenched in blood her heart skipped a beat. It was like her soul left her body, the ladder was consumed by the fire and there was no way for her to go up and help. Her mind went blank and she just raised her sword and was unaware where she was and what she was doing there.
    Whenever Yang Guo was faced with a great, powerful adversary he would use his melancholic sad palms to defeat his opponent. This style was linked to his state of being, when he was reunited with Xiao Longnu his heart was filled with bliss and happiness. There was not a trace of melancholy or sadness anymore, he was now faced with a dire situation and was using this very style. But somehow the flair of melancholy and longing was gone, every move, stance he made was the same as in the past but the power of it was greatly diminished.
    Guo Jing, Huang Rong, etc. saw Yang Guo's battle against the Imperial Priest and saw him being injured, unfortunately they could not rush over to help him. Huang Rong suddenly thought of something and took Yelu Qi's blade and gave it to Guo Jing. She said loudly:"Shoot it towards Guo'er."
    Guo Jing took the sword and used two iron bows and placed the sword on it, he aimed and shot the sword towards Yang Guo. A bright flash light pierced through the sky and a loud whooshing sound could be heard.
    Yang Guo heard the whoosing sound and used his right sleeve to curl up the sword and immediately used his left hand to wield the sword now. He stabbed the sword through the two wheels of the Imperial Priest, the Imperial Priest twisted his wheels and the sword was broken again. Everyone saw what happened and they looked shocked.
    Yang Guo knew it was in vain, he could not rescue Guo Xiang he, himself, would likely die here as well. He tragically looked at Xiao Longnu and said:"Long'er, farewell, farewell. Take good care of yourself." At this moment Imperial Priest Jinlun used his iron wheel to advance forward, wanting to strike Yang Guo on the skull. Yang Guo had given up all hope, he casually whisked his sleeve and struck out his palm, bamm this palm of his struck Imperial Priest Jinlun directly on the shoulder.
    Zhou Botong who was standing at the ground shouted:"Good! One impressive "Entangled by the web of love"."
    Yang Guo was stunned for a moment and then he realized, because he was feeling lost and hopless earlier and he unintentionally used the stance [Entangled by the web of love]. The heart is the most important factor of this style, it commands the arm, the arm commands the palm. That day Zhou Botong did not feel that emotion of lost, melancholy in the Hundred Flowers Vally, therefore he could not grasp the essence behind this style.
    When Yang Guo was reunited with Xiao Longnu again, this style lost its' essence. It was when Yang Guo was faced with death and parting with Xiao Longnu the sorrow and melancholy came back again. The power of the Melancholic Sad Palms was revived once again.
    Imperial Priest Jinlun was about to be victorious, suddenly he was hit on the shoulder. His chest hurt a lot and he was shaking, he was furious and surprised and attacked instantly again.
    Yang Guo backed away and retaliated with [In A State Of Disunity], [Irrational Direction], [The Settled Cessation] and there was another technique following these tree attacks, namely [The Meaningless Wanderer]. This stance was a kick, but it was a most elusive attack. The Imperial Priest could only vaguely see a leg, it was there but it was not. It was improbable that he could avoid this kick. Bamm, he suffered a heavy kick at his chest he coughed up blood and fell. Both armies yelled, the Song yelled with joy and the Mongolians cried with surprise.
    The platform shook heavily now and was collapsing, if it collapsed entirely now Guo Xiang was bound to die. Suddenly the Imperial Priest refound his benevolence, he leapt up and cut the ropes of Guo Xiang using his iron wheel. He took her in his arms and said to her:"Call me teacher me one more time." Guo Xiang looked up and saw tears in his eyes and called loudly:"Master!"
    The Imperial Priest shouted:"Yang Guo, catch!"
    Yang Guo saw the Imperial Priest throwing Guo Xiang at him and used his sleeve to catch her and his left arm to tilt her up. He calculated the position of the giant eagle and jumped down. The giant eagle spread its' wings and leapt up, although it could not fly but it could leap about 3, 4 metres into the air. Guo Xiang and Yang Guo landed on the back of the eagle and were descending down with it. At this time the platform had collapsed, the eagle had spead its' wings and could deal with the weight of two persons and fell down. Yang Guo gently pushed Guo Xiang aside and said:"Watch out!"
    Guo Xiang performed the technique [The Flying Swallow Circling Away] and descended down. Seeing she was about to be safe, Huang Rong loudly shouted:"Dodge! Quickly dodge!"
    A burning heavy beam came down towards her, Guo Xiang was shocked and fell down. Huang Rong and Yang Guo wanted to rush over to rescue her, but they were standing too far away from her. Furthermore they were blocked by Mongolian soldiers, seeing that it was too late Huang Rong fainted.
    Guo Xiang had her hands on the ground and wanted to leap away again, but she was trapped by the fiery beam. Her clothes were on fire too and the smoke was choking her. She closed her eyes and awaited death. Suddenly she heard someone landing next to her, she opened her eyes and saw that the Imperial Priest leapt down from the fiery platform. He was kneeling down with one knee and used his hands to lift the heavy, fiery beam. He generated his Dragon and Elephant Wisdom Dexterity and flung the beam away.
    Although the beam was very heavy but his Dragon and Elephant Wisdom Dexterity was awesome and generated every bit of his remaining internal energy which was incredible. The beam flew into the sky, like a red ablazing dragon both Song and Mongolian soldiers looked up. The Mongolian soldiers ran away fearing that the beam would land on them. A gap appeared in their formation, Yang Guo helped Huang Rong up and dashed forward.
    Guo Xiang escaped from death and was helping Imperial Priest Jinlun up and she was calling:"Master, master!"
    The Imperial Priest opened his eyes and said:"Good, good! I have finally managed to rescue you......" he coughed up blood and could not finish anymore. His blood splattered on Guo Xiang's clothes, she saw that pieces of platform kept falling down. She tried her best to lift the Imperial Priest and to move him to safety. Yang Guo saw that she could not lift the Imperial Priest and helped her to drag him away from the falling debris. Imperial Priest Jinlun kept coughing up blood and looked at Guo Xiang, he smiled and closed his eyes for the final time. Guo Xiang embraced his body and was devastated, she cried:"Master, master!"
    Yang Guo saw that the Imperial Priest risking his own life to save Guo Xiang, the Imperial Priest had earned his respect and he bowed to his body.
    Huang Rong saw her beloved daughter safe again, she hugged her and tears of joy welled up. She was most thankful of Yang Guo and Imperial Priest Jinlun. Guo Jing, Huang Yaoshi, reverend Yideng were also touched by the actions of the Imperial Priest and were very grateful to him.

-Some names of Yang Guo's techniques have been altered by Jin Yong.
    - The personality of the Imperial Priest is also different, in the old version he really did not care for Guo Xiang's life when she was tied to the pole. But here he only launched a FAKE attack, in the old version that was no fake attack.
    - The military governor of Xiangyang is Lu Wenhuan. This Lu Wenhuan is the actual brother of the old governor Lu Wende. Lu Wende had rendered some merits, therefore he was given the position as the military chancellor and was now in the capital. His worthless brother Lu Wenhuan assumed command of Xiangyang, Guo Jing and Huang Rong were helping Lu Wenhuan all the time and never met Lu Wende.
    Last edited by Athena; 03-11-04 at 07:20 AM.
    And all we need of hell.

To whom this may concern, have fun in your Guo Jing and Yang Guo comparison debates. Perhaps you can use these excerpts, I thought.
    And all we need of hell.

Thanks Athena for the translations. Greatly appreciated!!

I wish H7G and AYF could duel without dying. JY should make them fall down a cliff, thereby making everyone think they are dead, only to return at the end of ROCH to help defeat the Mongols. However, since everyone thought they were dead, they still lose their status as greats....

How about a Wah San Lun Gim III to resolve the YG and GJ debate? I wanted to see that. Does JY even hint at who is the strongest? After all, it might not even be GJ or YG. ZBT is still an immensely powerful wild card contender for the Greatest fighter title. South Emperor is a largely unknown fighter.. WYS is still smart and cunning in battle with the ability to analyze other fighters like few others can. I'd love to see the new version have an underdog like South Emperor win! Maybe he learns 6MSJ on the fly and defeats everyone...