Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Third edition changes

Initial impression of the changes in DGSD chapter 42: not a fan. There are some positive changes, such as clarifying how MRB killed Xuanbei, but the 2 big revelations - Big Brother and MRB's identities, are now revealed casually, rather than in the edge-of-your-seat fashion of 2nd edition. Much of the excitement is lost.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

After a long time ,finally I found the 3rd edition of DGSD.
    I really hate the new storyline and I think JY ruined DY and even WYZ.What was the problem with 2nd edition?Why he changed the story and ruined it?
    DY chased YY like a shadow in 80% of story
    He was beaten because her.he was in danger because of her.he decided to marry because of her.He fell into the well because of her.And all of those because of a Statue????
    Also YY throw her self to the well because of DY and at the end she went to take care of The loser MRF?really?MRF?Her mother's murderer and The reason of her father's suicide?
    Why he changed the story and ruined it?MWQ?There were better ways.He could turn YY or WQ into a nun.He could make DY marry all three like WXB.he could killed YY or WQ or both of them.He could leave them to be brother(DY) and sisters(YY,WQ,ZL).But he chose the way that completely destroyed DY's storyline
    For me there is no 3rd edition of DGSD and 2nd edition is the last
    Last edited by reydge; 08-16-17 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    MRF?Her mother's murderer and The reason of her father's suicide?
    It's true of course, though IIRC in 2nd edition I don't think this issue was ever brought up explicitly. In fact I don't even remember if WYY learned who is her father or her mother's death in the story. When Duan Yu & WYY saw the mental MRF at the end, they just felt sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    It's true of course, though IIRC in 2nd edition I don't think this issue was ever brought up explicitly. In fact I don't even remember if WYY learned who is her father or her mother's death in the story. When Duan Yu & WYY saw the mental MRF at the end, they just felt sorry for him.

You said a important matter from DGSD
    Plot holes.
    I wonder why JY didn't erase plot holes and decided to throw all the DY's storyline into the trash?
    Last edited by reydge; 08-18-17 at 02:52 AM.

Well, unfortunately for us, it's more fun from a writer's perspective to write new things. It's more tedious to fix things and make everything coherent (although he did do a lot of that in other novels, just not so much in DGSD). It's "boring" from a creative perspective, although we would like it very much.

I finally read the 3rd ed change of Mei Chaofeng's flashback. All I can say is WOW. It really humanizes Huang Yaoshi and his disciples.
    Their complex relationships now make a lot more sense.

But I think there might be a mistake in chapter 26, when: 梅超风道:“恩师,您在归云庄上叫弟子做三件事,头两件事弟子是来不及做了。”

If my copy isn't wrong, the part where HYS instructs MCF to do 3 things in chapter 14 has been removed. So the above reference (and the subsequent happiness of rejoining the organization) is now a leftover mistake?
    Last edited by PJ; 10-06-17 at 09:33 AM.

is there any third edition change for White horse neighs in the West Wind or Mandarin ducks blade?

I think that how the MC in Wuxia novels can't recognize a woman with a man suit is actually believe-able. The reason why we can recognize them easily is because : 1> they wear make-up, which is natural as they're just actress who play in a show. 2> We know the woman actress who wear the man suit. 3> the suit, even when it looks like a man suit, but still has a feminism feel on them.

But in reality, it's harder to recognize a woman when they really wear a man suit. Specially when they don't wear make-up, has a man hair style, and wear man jacket and man jean. They will be look like a man. Specially when they have a tomboy face / manly face. Not a cute one.

And, even in the ancient time, there are also men with feminism behavior. So how could they recognize that guy as a woman if they look like a pretty boy with feminism behavior alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Brainsuker View Post
    I think that how the MC in Wuxia novels can't recognize a woman with a man suit is actually believe-able. The reason why we can recognize them easily is because : 1> they wear make-up, which is natural as they're just actress who play in a show. 2> We know the woman actress who wear the man suit. 3> the suit, even when it looks like a man suit, but still has a feminism feel on them.

But in reality, it's harder to recognize a woman when they really wear a man suit. Specially when they don't wear make-up, has a man hair style, and wear man jacket and man jean. They will be look like a man. Specially when they have a tomboy face / manly face. Not a cute one.

And, even in the ancient time, there are also men with feminism behavior. So how could they recognize that guy as a woman if they look like a pretty boy with feminism behavior alone?
    That's all nice and fine if the girl was built more tomboy like and with a deeper voice.

But then you have dainty little Ah Zhu who passes off as musclebound Xiao Feng even in front of his beggar sect friends.... that's more mind-bending then DG9J.

Can you like, I dunno, imagine Gal Gadot passing off as Usain Bolt thanks to clever disguise?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

anyone know what was the reason behind quanzhen sect's leader change from li zhichang to Song Dao An in ed3?

Anyone know where to get the Chinese language of JY's 3rd edition (or even the 2nd edition) novels online (金庸中文武侠小说)? I want to create epub versions out of them. There are apps now that can read novels out loud in many languages. I prefer to multi-task so hearing the novels read out loud in Cantonese while I do other stuff would be great.

So anyone know where to get them? I'll pay if I have to. Thanks in advance for your answers.
    No longer walking amongst the living...

Quote Originally Posted by someguy44 View Post
    Anyone know where to get the Chinese language of JY's 3rd edition (or even the 2nd edition) novels online (金庸中文武侠小说)? I want to create epub versions out of them. There are apps now that can read novels out loud in many languages. I prefer to multi-task so hearing the novels read out loud in Cantonese while I do other stuff would be great.

So anyone know where to get them? I'll pay if I have to. Thanks in advance for your answers.
    just need to google 金庸新修版, a lot floating online

incidentally, i've read all 14 of his books (but 2nd edition), took around 4 years 4 months but eventually i read them all
    Last edited by junzi; 05-16-22 at 01:19 PM.

Question to Athena or PJ or Junzi or anyone who's read the 3rd editions of LOCH and ROCH.

Did JY ever fix this contradiction?

At the end of LOCH, Ying Gu told ZBT that he had a son and that his son was killed by QQR.
    However, when YG visited ZBT near the end of ROCH, YG told ZBT he had a son and ZBT was surprised by this.
    I mean... Ying Gu already told him at the end of LOCH so how could ZBT not know he had a son?

Just wondering if this was ever revised in the 3rd editions of ROCH and or LOCH as I've not read the 3rd editions yet.
    No longer walking amongst the living...

Did it ever say anything about Li Qiu Shui's younger sister? I'm so curious about her.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy44 View Post
    Question to Athena or PJ or Junzi or anyone who's read the 3rd editions of LOCH and ROCH.

Did JY ever fix this contradiction?

At the end of LOCH, Ying Gu told ZBT that he had a son and that his son was killed by QQR.
    However, when YG visited ZBT near the end of ROCH, YG told ZBT he had a son and ZBT was surprised by this.
    I mean... Ying Gu already told him at the end of LOCH so how could ZBT not know he had a son?

Just wondering if this was ever revised in the 3rd editions of ROCH and or LOCH as I've not read the 3rd editions yet.
    ouchh, it has been a long time since i visit this forum.

yes, Jin Yong revised it in ROCH (loch remains the same), but not omit the paragraph.
    Jin Yong added this new paragraph:

"Even though he had heard that he and Yinggu had a son, Zhou avoided this matter like a scorpion, to the point that in his heart he didn't even dare to think about it much and never realized that this matter really existed.

This time he was sure he had had a boy. He was shocked and didn't speak for a moment."
    Best Wuxia author of all time : master Jin Yong

Quote Originally Posted by Gottago View Post
    Did it ever say anything about Li Qiu Shui's younger sister? I'm so curious about her.
    nope... still a mystery, her sister is still one of the most mysterious cases in Jin Yong's universe .