Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Ma

i know him now...hoi chun kit is his canto name...i thought he's westerner though because of the "harrison"
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Yeah same here. His last name at first got me thinking and all too. Eh, only us two left!!!! Where are all the Steven fans? Gosh, I found out a whole bunch of people who dislike steven
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

really? i do think he's a good actor. maybe not a great actor, but he's improving. i think just as long as he stay w/ tvb and accept good serials, he's not far from being one of the favorites (just look at roger kwok)
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry girls, my parents cancelled my internet access, and I have to wait for three months to get back! Now, I'm back and ready!

Since I've been gone for so long, I'll just post the news about Steven in the month of November

Here goes........

November 7, 2003

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20031108/ent/1108enew15p1.gif')

In a singing competition arranged by the Hong Kong East Region and Junior Police Call, Steven Ma was invited as a special guest and was given the title as Ambassador of Crime Fighting for HK East, presented with a certificate and a baton as a souvenir.

Steven said that holding this real police baton, he felt it was a great responsibility and he will keep it at home as 'protection' for the home. He says: "I am very honoured to be presented with this as that is an old style police baton that is surrounded by a beautiful braiding that is only presented to very brave and outstanding police officers. To be given this even though I am not a police officer is a great honour, so I will keep this at home to keep as 'protection' for the home."

November 9, 2003

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20031110-ul-21.jpg')

Steven Ma has been very interested recently in Chinese Culture and as well as spending a six-figure sum on studying jade, he is also planning to redesign his home into an one with an antique theme and atmosphere to it.

Steven has been busy studying jade by scouring the internet and teaching himself how to evaluate jade. He says that on one occasion, he spent over $60,000 on a Jade Guanyin pendant where the jade is able to reflect a person's emotional state. After wearing it for a week, the jade had changed colour to suggest that he was of a poor temperament and his emotions needed some control. Recently he has also convinced a seller to part with his beloved jade that was originally $15,000 but as the owner was also a Chiu Chow person, he offered it to Steven for just $2000. He has heard that if you can master the red sand palm technique, you can polish jade with your bare hands. He says that although he has spent a fair amount on jade, this is just the beginning and he believes that as jade is a stable investment because the price may be hard to guess for the future and you can also pass it through the generations, so it is certainly worth it.

Appearing yesterday at the "Reborn Heroes" Awards Ceremony and after having published a book earlier this year talking of long term illness sufferers, he fully understands them. At the ceremony, there were 'reborn heroes' who told of their own experiences and Steven was seen to be a little tearful, but he denied his later, saying: "Actually, I was happy and touched, some of these fighters have been ill for over ten years and have still not given up on life and in comparison to them, I feel I am very fortunate." Appearing at this event, he does not feel he has helped them in any way, but has helped himself to realise how fortunate he is. He has also been through the lows in life and his perspective on life is that there is nothing that can push his mood up or down as he faces everything with calm. He also says that as well as being nice to other people, he must be also treat himself well. His sister is currently receiving treatment for Breast Cancer and this has revealed to him how fragile life is and his love for jade stems from his love for his own performance.

November 18, 2003
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20031118-ul-24.jpg')

As it is fashionable to upgrade oneself, Steven Ma who has only a high school diploma has applied to start a distance learning universiry course next year and is currently looking at prospectuses. When asked why he wants to study again suddenly, he says that some of his seniors have criticised him for being poorly educated and suggested that he should study more whilst he is still young. Steven says: "In reality I find I am spending a lot of time on the internet every day and I should be able to put this time to better use in studying instead." Steven plans to study philosophy, buddhist studies, jadeology, Chinese history and social service. He says: "My biggest problem is my English is not very good, so I am choosing some Chinese subjects. (Why don't you just study English?) Because I have a female colleague who is very good at English and she can teach me."

Also, Steven once co-starred with Evon Yung in a telemovie five years ago and although he does not know her very well, he still wishes her the best for her forthcoming marriage.

All news are translated by Em http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

And thank you goddess for posting news while i'm "gone"
    Last edited by Cece; 11-18-03 at 05:31 PM.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

glad to "see" you again here cece! welcome back!

steven seemed to be a traditional man. interested in chinese opera and jadeology? well that's really interesting im glad he plans to study again. not that he has to study, rather, i think learning should be continuous. it should not be stopped the minute one gets his diploma.

btw, what are the titles of his books? who is evon yung?
    cherrie

Hi ya Cece!!!! Welcome back, glad you've gotten your internet access back now and can chat with us!!! Lol, I think me and Cherrie went on a page or two by ourselves!!!

Wow, Steven seems busy this month!!! hehe, Ambassador of Crime fighting? Oh and he's going off to maybe take a course at a university!! That sounds good!!! I'm glad he's enjoying himself and doing what he likes

Thankie for posting all that news. Lol, goddess stopped like long ago with news. Couldn't keep up with all his news!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

speaking of crime fighting, i wonder what he would look like if he plays a cop? i guess that would be really cool!
    cherrie

Thank you girls!

Well, I think the last news was talking about the telemovie, "cal-de-sac". But it sure didn't look like five years ago to me. Anyway, cherrie if you want to see Steven as a cop, go and rent that telemovie. It's pretty good. I can't find a pic of Evon Yung, but she's Joe cheng's girlfriend, does that give you an idea of who she is?
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

I'm not exactly sure, but I think that telemovie could have been made awhile ago cause they made some long ago and just recently decided to release it out. Anyways you should go give it a try. Steven looks really cute as a cop!!! Espically when he is a CID type. He doens't have to wear a uniform so his style is really cute!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Congratualation to steven on his award for favourite character of Chow Sai Hin in Perish in the Name of Love!!!!

YAY! Congrats to him! I heard his speech was pretty funny because he was so nervous that he kept messing up. Does anyone know what he said exactly?

really? wow i want to hear his speech! congrats to him!

i still don't know who evon yong is...maybe somebody can provide her chinese name?

what's the chinese title of cul-de-sac? the place where i buy my movies are owned by chinese (as in fresh from china) people so they know little english
    cherrie

Hehehe, Congradulations Steven!! I'm so happy he won an award!!! Lol, I can picture him becoming all nervous on stage and all!!!! Gosh, I wish I was there to watch him present his speech and all

Sorry Cherrie, can't help you there. I only know the telemovie's name in viet.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

im just wondering, do he have concerts? he's singer right? so i think he might have some concerts
    cherrie

hmmmm, no sign of concerts. But I think he really wants one!

Lol. MsPowerbomb! I was reading Em's articles and one of them said something about Steven couldn't hold his bladder! He was also confused when he made his speech about "Better Halves" anf "Perish In The Name Of Love"

what's it all about?
    cherrie

Originally posted by Cece
    Steven couldn't hold his bladder! He was also confused when he made his speech about "Better Halves" anf "Perish In The Name Of Love"
    Are u implying that Steven couldn't control his... um... peeing :rofl2:

i went to this site to request songs and i found out that there's also a place there to discuss actors and actresses. there are several fans there of steven. there are very cute pics there! check it out!
    www.phimviet.com/forums
    cherrie

what's it all about?
    Well, what I read was that when steven was receiving his award, the speech he made, got messed up. I think he was confused with PITNOL and BH.

Buffy, I think that's what it meant in the news.

Thanks for the site cherrie!

i found a site where there are downloadable clips of past tvb anniversaries: http://tvbanniversary.jessicahsuan.com this is apparently created because of jessica hsuan...but there are clips of steven appearing anyway too bad there are no downloadable clips in this year's anniversary
    cherrie