Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chow Yun Fat Returns to HK. Rejoice.

Default Chow Yun Fat Returns to HK. Rejoice.

Yahoo Movies.

==========

Chow to Make Rare Film in Native Hong Kong
    Sunday July 17 12:58 PM ET

Hollywood star Chow Yun-Fat is making his first film in native Hong Kong in a decade, saying he would forgo a higher pay check in the U.S. because he liked the part and wanted to work with the director.

The "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" star agreed to appear in Ann Hui's "The Aunt's Postmodern Life," playing a swindler who falls in love with a potential victim played by Siqin Gaowa.

"I agreed to this movie because I haven't worked with Ann in a long time. I admire her and Siqin Gaowa a lot. Plus the role I was offered in this movie is something new. I've never played a swindler before, so I want to try," Chow told the Apple Daily newspaper for Sunday's editions.

The newspaper said Chow is also due to film a movie on an ancient Chinese war with fellow Hong Konger John Woo and another production on an ancient Chinese empress with famed Chinese art-house director Zhang Yimou.

He is also slated to appear in the third installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean."
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Fat ge and SiQin GaoWa under Ann Hui? Interesting combo of talents.

The newspaper said Chow is also due to film a movie on an ancient Chinese war with fellow Hong Konger John Woo
    Is that the "Romance of Three Kingdoms" movie? Thought they abandoned the idea.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

I wish Jet Li would come back too.
    玉木宏

blog

Jet Li should be coming back soon, I mean Chan and Chow have come back although not doing alot in particular but still back.

Wow, Chou Yun fat coming back to HK

anymore latest news on it?
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by junny
    I wish Jet Li would come back too.
    I want Jet Li to come back too... I like his gungfu shows the best.

I believe casting for the 'Romance of the 3 Kingdoms' movie has been confirmed today.

It has Chow Yun Fat as Liu Bei and Tony Leung as Zhu Geliang. Andy Lau and Ken Watanabe will be in it as well. Though I know not what their roles are.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Oh, my mistake.

Tony Leung plays some guy called Zhou Yu or something. Andy's playing Zhu Ge Liang. And Ken Watanabe is Cao Cao.
    Swifty, Writing

Oh good. I heard that Andy's casted as Zhao Yun sometime back.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Tony Leung plays some guy called Zhou Yu or something. Andy's playing Zhu Ge Liang. And Ken Watanabe is Cao Cao.

OMFG.
    玉木宏

blog

i don't even know why chow yun-fat agreed to play liu bei. he should play zhuge liang or not appear at all.

woo will make a huge mistake if he casts tony leung as zhuge liang because tony lacks the charisma to play zhuge.

anyway, this movie will tank.

the tv series is a classic. i wish they can remake it and keep the story.

Oh my goodness, Tony CW as ZHOU YU????!! And Andy as ZhuGe Liang????????!!!

It'll make a little more sense if Andy plays ZhouYu and Tony KF plays KongMing. Even then it's weird.

But Fat Ge is a good choice for LiuBei and Ken for CaoCao.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Oh, my mistake.

Whoa...and they are going to make a movie out of the three kingdoms?! There's a china series thats about 80 episodes of it, I really don't know how they will fit the story in just 2 hours.

Tony Leung really dosent suit Zhou Yu IMO, he's a little bit old and Zhou Yu is suppose to be really elegant, I just acn't imagine Tony potraying him. Andy Lau as Zhu Ge Liang is even worse, Zhu Ge Liang is suppose to be a genius with loads of tactics and so fourth, Andy?? I think tony would suit this role abit more.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z
    woo will make a huge mistake if he casts tony leung as zhuge liang because tony lacks the charisma to play zhuge.
    My opinion is just the opposite, outside of Chow, Tony is the only one who could pull off Zhuge Liang. Although Tony does seem to excel in that tortured roll that is Zhou Yu.

Well, at least I don't see much to object about in Ken playing Cao Cao (knocking everyone out of his way and asking question later ).
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Chow Yuin Fat as Liu Bei? they must find someone tall to be his sworn brothers, as Chow is pretty tall being 6ft!

I think Tony would be better as Zhou Yu than Andy because he looks better clean faced. But either one of them are way too old to play Zhou Yu. Are they actually fitting the entire thing into a movie or are they just doin a set period of it?

Quote Originally Posted by allunderheaven
    Are they actually fitting the entire thing into a movie or are they just doin a set period of it?
    Well... Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Zhou Yu, Zhuge Liang... I'd venture to say that Battle of Chibi is a very likely candidate.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

this movie is going to flop because
    1. john woo is overrated
    2. tony leung is not zhuge liang
    3. going to be about the stars instead of the movie

mainland has so many great actors. should give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z
    i don't even know why chow yun-fat agreed to play liu bei. he should play zhuge liang or not appear at all.

anyway, this movie will tank.

the tv series is a classic. i wish they can remake it and keep the story.
    Tony lacks charisma? That's a first.
    Swifty, Writing

Tony lacks charisma? That's a first.
    won't be the last.

Andy Lau, Tony Leung join John Woo's "Red Cliff"

BEIJING, July 25 -- Hong Kong stars Andy Lau and Tony Leung along with Japanese star Ken Watanabe have joined the dream cast of John Woo's latest epic "The War of Red Cliff".

They follow Chinese mainland actress Zhang Jingchu and award-winning director Gu Changwei.

Andy Lau is in discussion to play Zhou Yu, a general of warlord Sun Quan.

Ken Watanabe will play Cao Cao, the northern warlord chased by Liu Bei, played by Chow Yun-Fat, to the south. Tony Leung will play Zhuge Liang, a strategist and the closes advisor to Liu Bei, who helped Liu to combine forces with the southern warlord Sun Quan to defeat Cao's army with a decisive battle in Red Cliff.

Japanese actor Ken Watanabe has starred in three Hollywood productions, including The Last Samurai, Batman Begins and the upcoming Memoirs of a Geisha, which have made him shine internationally.

Screenwriter Zou Jingzhi has completed the third draft of the script, which still must get John Woo's final approval.

(Source: CRIENGLISH.com)
    Hmm, according to this, Andy Lau will be the one playing Zhou Yu and Tony Leung will play Zhuge Liang.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Oh good. I heard that Andy's casted as Zhao Yun sometime back.
    Andy is supposed to play Zhao Yun in another movie though, Zhang Zi Long Zhuan.

Andy Lau to Star in Two Period Films - STRATÉGE and ZHAO ZILONG (MonkeyPeaches Exclusive) July 2, 2005

According to Hong Kong newspapers, Andy Lau will soon take the lead in period films back-to-back. two The first one is a film adaptation of Japanese Mange series Stratège, drawn by Mori Hideki. Set in China's Warring States Period, about 2300 years ago, it will tell a stratège called Ge Li using the wisdom of the House of Mo to protect Liang, a state with only a few thousand, from millions of invading troops of Zhao. The project will be helmed by Jacob Cheung and the budget has been set at over US$18 millions. The second film is Zhang Zi Long Zhuan (literal: Zhao Zilong), telling the life story of Zhao Yun or Zhao Zilong, a military commander from the state of Shu during China's Three Kingdom Period (A.D. 220 - 280). Later in classic novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Zhao was described as a handsome fighter and military commander who was extremely loyal to his master. The film will very likely based on the book rather than historical facts. The project will cost estimate over US$19 millions and the cast will also include Daniel Wu.

Source: monkeypeaches.com
    Last edited by Omniflame; 07-25-05 at 10:21 PM.