Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hard Fate 《翡翠戀曲》

Default Hard Fate 《翡翠戀曲》

Hi anyone seen this series by Flora Chan?? didn't see any thread on this series so decided to put one in
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-30-08 at 06:06 PM.

hey!

yeah, i saw hard fate a couple of weeks ago and i loved it!
    It was one of the best series I've seen in a while...
    Niki and Kevin were so cute together, hope to see them in another serie..

What did you think about it?

yea this series was good...

But i thought there was already a thread on this series
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

is this good? coz i saw the trailer and it looks good. but people said it's boring
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Smile

This series is great. I like it and have watched it for many times. I suggest to see it.

is this a mystery?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I've watched this. And only like some parts of it. Didn't think the intro fits the serie though. It isn't so happy as it is cos some people are gonna die.
    And was really sad scene when Kevin (Ken/Ka Ming) came out of the hospital . Really hoped for another ending but they make up for it by showing what's happening many years later. And first time seeing Kevin Cheng not playing a playboy/casanova. So far his best roll.
    It's only a little bit of mystery. It started like a normal family drama ppl falling in love etc. Then comes the mystery part, jalousy, hate, the break ups.
    Overall an above average drama.

how many eps is this? 22?
    cherrie

yep, there are 22 espisodes for this series.

i think im gonna rent this then
    cherrie

22?

how come my copy has 30 episodes?

i'm juz watching this series! plz.......dun type any spoilers in it! i;m juz c-ing until the 'yuk lun hin' is juz going 2 go bankrupt n when Niki juz found out that her father had a deep secret (but not yet know wat it is). so its pretty exciting! anyway mine pack also had 30 episodes! i'm juz around no.19!

i'm watching the series too.
    i'm right on ep. 22.

im also watching this. im still stuck in ep 11. im finishing VOH first. actually im not that excited so far. but i guess (hope) that it would get really exciting towards the end. is kevin and that girl really half-siblings? coz the girl's attraction to kevin is kinda gross
    cherrie

contain spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    im also watching this. im still stuck in ep 11. im finishing VOH first. actually im not that excited so far. but i guess (hope) that it would get really exciting towards the end. is kevin and that girl really half-siblings? coz the girl's attraction to kevin is kinda gross
    ken and ceci are not related. i really liked the series until maggie took a header around episode 18 when things went really bad for luk long hin. really like kevin in there. of course flora too!!
    褚慎明要女人, 所以鼻子同样的敏锐,他心里装满女人,研究数理逻辑的时候,看见a posteriori 那个名词会联想到posterior. 看见X记号会联想到kiss, 亏得他没细读柏拉图的Timaeus, 否则他更要对着X记号出神.-- 围城

Saw this serie a while ago and overall it was okay to me. Not a favorite, but watchable. My favorite character in here though would be Kevin Cheung's and I this was the first serie where I actually started to like Kevin ^__^ He was sweet and loveable in here.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

so they are not really related? aw great! it will be really really gross if they are related!
    cherrie

Overall, I think "Hard Fate" is pretty good. Not great, but good enough. The script is pretty interesting and relatively refreshing with the jade and connecting past and present.

Kudos to Damien's acting. He's so scary and freaky during these last few episodes. So real! He's very versatile. Going from being such a good and admirable man to a crazy and scary one. The scene at the courtroom is so real in which he twists Niki's words against him. And of course his tears are so natural. The best performance no doubt! Niki is the second best to me. She is just too cute and quite pretty. I loved her so much in this series. Ahh when she got hit by that truck, holy crap that was sad. The filming technique was very good and so dramatic. Ahh she got hit really badly!!! Ahhhh!!! Flora and Kevin were on the same level to me, passable but nothing spectacular. Mary Hon is commendable for her acting as someone with a mental problem. Her jumping off the building scene was very real.

I find the storyline took off well. It went from being light-hearted and enjoyable to serious, intense, scary, and sad. I find Damien's character the most tragic. Because of one mistake in the past, he had to marry Mary Hon which sparked a longing for someone he truly loved. He wanted happiness and he found it with Flora. But then everything came crashing down when Mary and Niki appeared and everyone found out about his "big secret." Because of that his thriving business failed and he lost his reputation and name. He lost everything, even Flora, his most prized happiness. The scene where he committed suicide was so sad. "I'm like a jade you've discovered has black speckles on it. I'm not perfect and even if you try to make me look good, some day my imperfection will still appear again," so sad!! Of course Damien's character isn't likeable and I really hated him for killing his wife and twisting lies to advance himself and hurt all of his family members, but still...............

I find the ending dialogues very thoughtful and deep and summarizes the series perfectly. "In life you have to have hope and something to live for. You don't just have to live for others, but you have to live for yourself. Life is like a jade, to get it nice and pure and green you have to go through much tests and problems." The ending is just excellent and I really loved the dialogue at the end.

To me, the ending isn't sad but rather bittersweet. It leaves viewers with a pang of happiness but also the realization of many deaths but encourages people to move on. You can't slow down or stop living because of someone. You have to live for yourself and find happiness and stride in living. Just really touching.

Niki's death was really sad. However, it was a good twist because it would have been too predictable if she had lived. Plus I'm sure she'd be very happy to find that Kevin does love her a lot, perhaps even more than she loves him. So that's touching and the love was proved through Kevin's unwillingness to date and always tell everyone he had a "wife." (Niki) Kevin and Niki are a really good couple with lots of chemistry by the way.

I loved the past (Sherming, Michael-Michelle storylines) scenes. Very well done and quite interesting. That jade is cursed! Hahaha. Though it helps you find the one you truly love, it always ends up tragedy. Speaking of fate, the series left viewers with the question of fate. Is it really determined by ourselves and that fate lies in our own hands or is it pre-determined (as in the jade?). I guess we'll never know.

Overall, a very good series! Recommended!
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    Yes the beginning is not very good. But hang on there The latter half is so serious and well-scripted. Lots of drama and just really exciting and thrilling to watch. I enjoyed the second half immensely, but the rather bland beginning brought what could have been an excellent series down to a just "very good" series.
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001