Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Island - very under-rated film! Its a must-see!

Default The Island - very under-rated film! Its a must-see!

I know wut most ppl think...[the trailer is not good! im not gonna bother watching it!] <----but i'll tell ya..this movie has a very intelligent storyline..i dont wanna spoil it for those who havent seen it, but at first, i hafta admit, i was gonna watch it only cuz of scarlett johansson. i was wrong abt that, tho she is extremely hot in the movie, Ewan Mcgreggor (if thats how u spell it) was spectacular, he was quite funny at times, and his acting was really well done! Scarlett added some fire into the movie by showing off her hot body, along wif her pretty face..this movie can be quite a surprise as its more like a fantasy movie, tho it was sad at times as good ppl died, i would rate this film 5 out of 5! i absolutely loved it! ok...maybe now im overrating the movie, but this is only my opinion, and i would love to hear urs!

Yup, it was good, but not excellent. The actions scenes were great thanks to Michael Bay...

Yes... it's not too bad a movie.. definitely worth the ticket price... one question thou... i wonder what happened to the rest of the clones after they escaped from that cloning factory....

Cool

Under-rated??? i have been waiting for this movie to come out ever since i watch the trailer 4months ago!!!! for some reason i just love the storyline...
    BUT... the movie is still not out yet over here....but i will catch it once its out...cant wait anymore!!!
    Day and Night ~~~Left and Right ~~~Ups and Downs ~~~Front and Back ~~~Good and Bad~~~

The Opposite of life

Movie just flopped badly in the B.O.

Could be the most expensive flop of this summer.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Instead of the Island, I recommend you save $10 (or however much movie tickets are in your area) and watch these, better movies with similiar premise (except they do it better):

THX 1138
    Logan's Run
    Blade Runner (ok, fine, Blade Runner isn't that similiar, but I don't care ).
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

i loved this movie too! loL. i barely knew what the movie was about from the trailer. just something about clones. i was the opposite of you Ed_Versace. lol. i went to watch it for ewan mcgregor. but i found out scarlett johansson was great too. i liked the action..and how they added some humor into it. haha.

are those other movies very similar? don't recognize the people though. except in blade runner. loL. and i guess somtimes..the cast makes a difference for me too. =/

You mean you don't know who Robert Duvall is?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif')
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

sorry. =X i looked him up though. lol. cuz i honestly did think his name sounded very familiar. but after i looked him up..i dont really recognize him. =/ though i have seen a few movies that have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Instead of the Island, I recommend you save $10 (or however much movie tickets are in your area) and watch these, better movies with similiar premise (except they do it better):

THX 1138
    Logan's Run
    hmm...ive never watched any of those movies u have mentioned...but ive heard of bladerunner..so how r they? r they all better than The Island? im not sure if there r diff. trailers for diff. places, but for some reason, many ppl i asked have no intention of watching it cuz of the trailer here in vancouver b.c. and i went on the first day it came out, and there were only abt 20 ppl..in fact, most my frds didnt even wanna watch it wif me, i had to watch wif so lil ppl.

wow. only about 20 people? i went on the second day..( it came out on friday right? ) and the theater was full. lol. like..i think it was totally full. barely any empty seats. even the section of frontest rows was filled up..and usually people dont like sitting there.

THX 1138
    Logan's Run
    I have yet to see "The Island" but I have an idea what type of movie it is. It is a Michael Bay movie so you can't expect working your brain for the whole duration of it. I can't wait to see it just to see the actors. Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson are GORGEOUS, very pleasing to my eyes and they're also talented. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't even remember the trailer.

I never saw "Logan's Run" but did see THX 1138 and "Blade Runner" and although they're similar in subject, THX and Blade are so much more artistic which I don't believe many will like. Myself I found them interesting but I wouldn't want to see them more than once while I think I can see "The Island" multiple times for the action if not only to stare at McGregor. Heck, I don't even mind watching "Pearl Harbour" once in awhile.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Versace
    hmm...ive never watched any of those movies u have mentioned...but ive heard of bladerunner..so how r they? r they all better than The Island? im not sure if there r diff. trailers for diff. places, but for some reason, many ppl i asked have no intention of watching it cuz of the trailer here in vancouver b.c. and i went on the first day it came out, and there were only abt 20 ppl..in fact, most my frds didnt even wanna watch it wif me, i had to watch wif so lil ppl.
    I can't believe people are not interested in seeing two of today's most interesting actors.

You mean you don't know who Robert Duvall is?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif')
    I know who's Robert Duvall and I can't stand him. I was interested to see "THX 1138" just because it's from George Lucas, the dude who made that little sci-fi saga, what's the title again? As for "Blade Runner", I saw it when I was young and wanted to see it simply because that good-looking actor who starred in that little sci-fi saga from George Lucas was also in this one. Needless to say, it wasn't anything I expected. As I got older, I can appreciate the decor and atmosphere of the movie but i still don't enjoy the story.

No film with Scarlett Johanson can suck. I'm seeing this one.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I haven't watched this movie yet..
    But.. who says the trailer isn't good?
    Its what tempted me to watch..

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    I haven't watched this movie yet..
    But.. who says the trailer isn't good?
    Its what tempted me to watch..
    who said this trailer wasnt good? i just told u like on the first thread...my frds..and many random peepz from my school
    ..I Lie, Cheat, and Steal..

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    No film with Scarlett Johanson can suck.
    Amen to that.

Though it really would be nice if she stops dyeing her hair blonde. I think she looks better with her natural hair color.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Versace
    who said this trailer wasnt good? i just told u like on the first thread...my frds..and many random peepz from my school
    You were saying that this movie was underrated.. and what you said about most people think that this movie wouldn't be good because the trailer isn't, so I was actually telling the people you were mentioning that the trailer isn't bad.

Hope I didn't confused you.. I'm hopeless in explaining things..

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    You were saying that this movie was underrated.. and what you said about most people think that this movie wouldn't be good because the trailer isn't, so I was actually telling the people you were mentioning that the trailer isn't bad.

Hope I didn't confused you.. I'm hopeless in explaining things..
    nope, its my fault i misunderstood..haha
    ..I Lie, Cheat, and Steal..