Thread: Sheren, Maggie Siu and Amy Chan

Default Sheren, Maggie Siu and Amy Chan

Who is prettier or more talented? Who is your favorite actress?
    These three are veterans, about the same age as well. Each was highly promoted during their own period.

These three appeared together in "the good old days" with Steve ma and Gilbert Lam
    Last edited by gilbertl; 11-27-06 at 11:26 PM.

Whats the point of comparing them? I actually like all three.
    I think sheren looks the best now, as she aged the best. Amy Chan was prettier than the other 2 when she was younger. Very cute and pretty. Maggie Siu isn't very pretty, but I like her acting.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    Whats the point of comparing them? I actually like all three.
    I think sheren looks the best now, as she aged the best. Amy Chan was prettier than the other 2 when she was younger. Very cute and pretty. Maggie Siu isn't very pretty, but I like her acting.
    Maggie Siu wasn't that pretty b4. However, ever since she took on being a spoke person for a slimming company her image changed 360%. I think she looks the youngest & sexiest among the three. Though, Sheren & Amy also look good for their age. What can I say, these are 3 veteran actresses with lots of acting experiences under their belt. They are all great in my book. I cannot pick just one...

Yes, I agree that Maggie Siu looks very young and sexy as the spokesperson, but out of it, sometimes I find that she doesn't really take much effort with her appearance. Which is why I think Sheren looks the best now.

Like in this image, Sheren looks very put together and elegant , even next to gigi
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8049/312og4.jpg')
    But Maggie looks very "auntie" next to Gigi, because she isn't very made up.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/4261/7687978978bg5.jpg')

But in her slimming advertisements, she looks very good.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3817/pic556604doaa3.jpg')

never like Maggie before. so no comments.
    I love Sheren and Amy as actress and thier acting really good. and still looking young these day too

I think i watched Amy series more than Sheren

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/maggiesiuhk/goodolddays.jpg')

Maggie was extremely skinny(anorexia stage) in ATV "Good Old Days" but it was around that time she was down with an illness so her weight fluctuate to about mid 80 lbs?

If comparing who were pretty in the series, it would be definately Maggie.

All 3 are talented and are pretty in their own ways. If I have to break it down it would be:

Versatile & Looks - 1)Maggie 2) Sheren 3) Amy

Popularity wise - Maggie has been the most popular actress and favorable out of the 3 during their era.

Sheren Tang for me. Never really was fond of Maggie. Amy, great actress, just not have seen enough of her.

isn't Amy ranked 1st actress for a long time in TVb?

Quote Originally Posted by gilbertl View Post
    isn't Amy ranked 1st actress for a long time in TVb?
    One of the top, YES!

Amy Chan was one of the most beloved actresses in the 1980s. But saddly TVB never really promoted her enough, therefore she left them and went elsewhere (ATV), where she did have more promotions and had somewhat a larger fanbase, thanks to ATV's promotion. But she left the screen for a long period of time in the late 80s to build a family. But came back with a huge fanbase who supports her very much. She also signed with Sony for her music career, though she rather focus on her acting career, she released 11 albums!

Amy Chan is one of my favorite actress, its not because she's DROP DEAD GORGEOUS, NO! But because she has extremely splendid talents, both in singing and acting!

Singing:
    Compared to Sheren and Maggie, Amy has the ups because she has a great voice (Maggie and Sheren, ahhhh, don't like to hear Maggie singing, but Sheren, never heard her, but either way) Amy wins, the singing poll.

Acting:
    Amy Chan is one of the greatest actress ever, she delivers every preformances well, especially those 1960s-80s series. OUTSTANDING preformances always! Maggie Sui has always been mediocre to me, the only role I loved her in was her recent ones, which is PITNOL, HER MOTHER FIGURE!!! Sheren Tang, was never in my list of liked actresses. I think she's plain, other than in WAB I have never liked her. Especially in this one series with Bobby, about making films. AWEFUL! Therefore, Amy wins the poll AGIAN!

Looks:
    Amy Chan was cuter and more charismatic when they were in the 80s. Maggie and Sheren (too typical in the 80s). Presently, since I rarely see Amy, its hard to say. But she had lost alot of weight and she still looks sooooooooooooooooo yuong. Check her in her '04 concert. She was so sexy and hott! Maggie, she takes on too many motherly roles and she looks alot older now. She places last in this poll (no doubt). Sheren, in alot of her series she has so much wrinkles. But her faceshape is a babyface, much like Amy. HAHAHAH. But her small figure makes her look like a kid. Sheren wins this one.

But Amy Chan still lookz amazing for her age. Sadly she doesnt act as much as Maggie and Sheren!

AMY CHAN SAU MAN WINS MY VOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by gilbertl View Post
    Who is prettier or more talented? Who is your favorite actress?
    These three are veterans, about the same age as well. Each was highly promoted during their own period.

These three appeared together in "the good old days" with Steve ma and Gilbert Lam
    Amy's leading role makes her shine so much, this role of Sau Hau was one of her best.

Her place as lead was the proff that she was "the pick" of all directors and producers! Proving to me, her importance and talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Sheren Tang for me. Never really was fond of Maggie. Amy, great actress, just not have seen enough of her.

It's very hard. I like all three actresses.

I like Maggie Siu most and she's different looking in terms of beauty.

In ranking the three.... Maggie Siu, Sheren Tang, and Amy Chan.

I do like Amy's singing. All three of the actresses are capable actresses that some young actresses nowadays just can't compare.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    One of the top, YES!

Amy Chan was one of the most beloved actresses in the 1980s. But saddly TVB never really promoted her enough, therefore she left them and went elsewhere (ATV),

Singing:
    Compared to Sheren and Maggie, Amy has the ups because she has a great voice (Maggie and Sheren, ahhhh, don't like to hear Maggie singing, but Sheren, never heard her, but either way) Amy wins, the singing poll.

Acting:
    Amy Chan is one of the greatest actress ever, she delivers every preformances well, especially those 1960s-80s series.
    LOL! You've gone mad with your comments.

I'm not sure if you are a fan of Amy Chan because your informations is so off about her works. Amy started her acting career with ATV in 1980, prior to that she participated in the RTV (ATV) TV Artists Training course in the late seventies, she scored the highest in the music field similar with Leslie Cheung's path.

Amy Chan is a musician artist whereas Maggie and Sheren are not, so irrelavant comparison.

1960's? Amy was born in 1962...so where did you get the performances from?

All 3 are very good actresses. All 3 are very classy.

Haven't seen Amy in anything lately, so it would be hard and unfair to compare her older performances with Sheren and Maggie's more recent performances. Between Sheren and Maggie, I would probably pick Sheren - her roles are more varied and meaty. Maggie's roles are more toward 2nd female lead, and hence there is less opportunity to act and show much acting range (though it's not really her fault).

If we are trying to give out the "looks great for her age" award than it would probably be Amy. I believe that Amy is actually a few years older than Maggie or Sheren but she actually looks younger.

Overall looks, probably Sheren.

If the pool were to include all actresses from the 1980's who are still acting, Candice Yu and Michelle Yim (IMHO) look better than Sheren, Amy, or Maggie.

Sheren Tang defnitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Versace View Post
    LOL! You've gone mad with your comments.

I'm not sure if you are a fan of Amy Chan because your informations is so off about her works. Amy started her acting career with ATV in 1980, prior to that she participated in the RTV (ATV) TV Artists Training course in the late seventies, she scored the highest in the music field similar with Leslie Cheung's path.

Amy Chan is a musician artist whereas Maggie and Sheren are not, so irrelavant comparison.

1960's? Amy was born in 1962...so where did you get the performances from?
    I AM A MADWOMAN! :P

HAHA, I meant 80s and 90s (NOT 60s - I wasnt used to the new keyboard yet, ^_^ <- excuses!). HAHA, my mistake. That was not the first time I did that!

Yep, Amy has the upper scale when weighting singing talents, because she's been known as a singer, whereas the other 2 are only actresses! Its funny because she did say so herself that see enjoys the actin saspect of her career more than singing. But she does both very well. Honest to say, Amy is one of the only actresses I know who can sing live so well! I have seen, via DVDs, her live performances, they are completely live, but extremely well sung. It suprises me at how well her vocal is, even with the studio help! AMAZING!

And yes, I do realize that from the late 70s ('79) to the early 1980s Amy acted in a number of series, such as; Love Story I & II, Pairing, The Conqueror, etc - outside TVB ad ATV (some company I dont even know, ever heard it dubbed in english b4!). Afterwards didnt she take leave for a year fews and started a family with Lam Kwok Hung? HEHE, in the Mid-1980s she joined TVB and stayed until the mid-1990s (she made about 2 dozens series with TVB - she's prob best known in TVB for her "auntie" role in Fate of the Clairvoyant! I believe her last series with TVB was Fist of Law, her role wasnt big, but I loved her character. Savio is a jerk in here, HATE HIM!). After leaving TVB, she joined ATV <- This is a smart move IMO (though I dont see her too often, every single one of her character once she entered ATV has been a pleasure to watch! The Good Old Days and Love in a Miracle are 2 of my ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES!)
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

In case of acting I think all three women are equally great (just seen them in The Good Old Days) and looks-wise I think right now Sheren looks most elegant, Maggie is the hottest and Amy aged best. I like them all though....
    Amy´s singing is nice, Maggie can´t sing and as for Sheren she is great I think. But Maggie´s and Sheren´s speaking voices are quite low and a bit rough while Amy sounds a bit high-pitched
    Last edited by akayami djiho; 04-01-10 at 07:49 AM.
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.