Thread: Magic Chef [2005] - Dicky Cheung, Andy Hui, Law Kar Leung

Default Magic Chef [2005] - Dicky Cheung, Andy Hui, Law Kar Leung

*not sure whether i've posted in the correct forum...

Magic Chef

http://www.sensasian.com/view/product.cgi/EN/V11262C-D

Cast: Dicky Cheung, Andy Hui, Law Kar Leung, Francis Ng, .....

the cast look good.....anyone watch it? in wat language?

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

I think this should be post in either the China, TVB, or Taiwanese Series section.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

sorry, pls move it to the correct section....

anyone watching it?

This stars Dicky Cheung, Gallen Lo, and Frances Ng, right? I saw a bit of it while channel surfing the other day. For people who are or were actually watching it, is it any good?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

yeah...no one watching it?

by the cast, it look promising.......but its about cooking,....hmm...interesting or not?

I watched a bit more of this series and I think I'm going to buy it. It's pretty cute and I was pleasantly surprised to see Wang Hui Chun in here looking like Mr. Clean. Dicky's love interest in the series is his real-life girlfriend.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I saw the box dvd @ a chinese store, which was on for under thirty bucks. Not bad of a price. - But does anybody know if It's even dubbed in Vietnamese ? if so, does anybody know the title to it ? Thanks in advance.
    ---------------------------------

TommyH
    Unregistered

Is this series Mainland, ATV, or TVB?

Hi there all! I went to do some searching to try and figure out the "mystery" of what production this serie is under. I believe that it should be a Mainland China production. So as you see, it has been moved here Hopefully this is where it belongs, otherwise PinePine will take caer of it
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah. This series, along with Kung Fu Soccer, was done by Mainland. I believe it's a Guangzhou tv production company. No need in net searching for the mystery, I could've told you guys that had I seen the thread earlier.

There are parts of this series I like (like the food) and parts I just hated.

There was a side story in there that ruined the whole series for me. I can't believe they ripped off line for line and idea for idea of the movie "50 First Dates" by Adam Sandler and Drew Barrimore. Did they not think people were going to figure out that: he's got amnesia after every sleep; going to visit someone who's got the same disease but worse cause the patient has amnesia every 10 seconds instead; writing down a daily journal so he'll remembered what he did; and watching a VHS tape of himself so he can remember why he's got this disease and who his gf is; along with several other things I won't mention.

I mean, the script writers are such bad plagerizers. Can't they use a DVD disc instead of a VHS tape in 2005, but no they had to follow the movie "50 First Date" exactly as it is and used a VHS tape. The only difference was they had the girl and boy roles flipped from 50 First Dates.

Other than that horrible plagerism, I like the tv series.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

To Bai Qi44 = The copy isn't from 50 First Date, but from Louis Koo's movie I think it is something about him having amnesia and he wrote a diary to remind himself about it. Anywayz, after I watch the movie I got so piss cause a while later 50 first date came out and I'm like WTF...American copy HK movies now???

Quote Originally Posted by smilenowlily
    To Bai Qi44 = The copy isn't from 50 First Date, but from Louis Koo's movie I think it is something about him having amnesia and he wrote a diary to remind himself about it. Anywayz, after I watch the movie I got so piss cause a while later 50 first date came out and I'm like WTF...American copy HK movies now???

Ok, my bad then. In the past, there were a lot of HK songs, series, and movies copying American ones. However, I've noticed in recent years that the Americans were starting to copy HK songs, series, and movies.

There was another side story in there that copied the movei "Castaway". I don't know if Castaway copied anything though.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse