Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gao Yuan Yuan

123 47.67%
  • Alyssa Chia

135 52.33%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gao Yuan Yuan v.s. Alyssa Chia

trying compare alyssia's acting in the different dramas she done is like comparing different Brands of bottled water.
    i'm sure it isnt difficult to figure out who i voted for....

its easy to like alyssa since she's always given the lovable and sweet leading role. but gyy is still able to impress and gain fans even with acting 2nd lead or evil, which says alot, what more if her roles were like alyssa? i think gyy is more versatile in her acting, though alyssa seems more natural. looks-wise, they're both beautiful and different. i like both but overall, i fancy gyy better.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

alyssia's catching up~!! Go alyssia~!!! go go~!!
    ~yOu aRe my sUnshiNe my oNly sUnshIne
    yOu mAke mE haPpy wHeN sKieS aRe gReY
    yOu nEvEr kNoW jUsT hOw mUcH i LoVe yOu
    pLeaSe dOn'T takE my sUnshInE aWay~
    alec 有朋 alec 有朋 alec 有朋

Quote Originally Posted by PucCaa
    no, i think gyy still in her mid-20's. and yesss i also love her evil face wit those make-up in hsds.
    yeah, she's in her 20s. the age of 25 to 26 this year. i think she'll still be very pretty like alyssa when she's in her 30s. go gyy.
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

i go for both. they both possess their own charm; however, i've only seen miracle healers and feel in love with alyssa instantly. she was so lovable and bubbly and did really well with the comic scenes. but i reckon gyy is just knock dead gorgeous and miracle healers did not show case her talent. but it's great to see that she is picking such diverse roles to prove to the audience that she is a real actress.

so to be fair, i like them both equally for different reasons.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

i voted for gyy. she can pull off any type of role. she is a versatile actress. she can play good or evil characters. she was great in hsds. she was able to pull off all the cold stares. people dont like her because she plays the bad guy and they hate her for it. but it only shows that she is a great actress. alyssa always plays bubbly and cute roles. sometimes she just annoys me. i havent seen alyssa play any different roles. as for looks, i think both are pretty but gyy is a bit prettier.

GYY may never get as much leading roles as Alyssa. GYY just doesn't have the leading role looks. I'm not saying she isn't attractive. Sometime she could look better than Alyssa. If you put GYY and Alyssa in the same series, Alyssa will always play the leading role. In HSDS series, if the roles were switch...GYY might do the leading role well but Alyssa would look better. I think it's because Alyssa doesn't look evil and GYY does.

Quote Originally Posted by lRainDropsl
    Oh damn! This is such a hard decision.

I've seen Alyssa's older work, not all of them are bubbly and cutesy.

Beauty I can't choose. Acting, I'll go with Alyssa.
    Me agree with u! Not all of Alyssa's character are all bubbly and cute she has some that are more mature and sad. Lik in WMN Alyssa's character first started off as bubbly, but latter through her hardship in the story she became more mature and not so bubbly.
    I choose Alyssa for acting too. Lik in Rising Dragon, one of her early productions. Alyssa was able to take on two character with personalities that are lik so different. One was more mature and ladylik where the other was bubbly and tomboyish. But, she pulled it off perfectly! As a fan I really admire her talent.
    As for Yuan Yuan I really admire her too. Lik in HSDS( I've watched MH too so don't b thinking I chose Alyssa because I've only watched one serie of GYY)even though she was suppose to b kinda evil she makes u pity her for wat she was going through. They're both good though.
    For the looks it's really hard to choose since both Alyssa and GYY has there own type of look. They're both beautiful in their own ways.
    http://6xing.net <-Visit US!

gyy is still young yet and i am sure that she will get a chance to play the main lead later. it's just a matter of the right script and role for her.

alyssa is cute and bubbly, maybe it's why she play more happier roles. as for gyy's evil look, i think that make her acting ability more far range. i feel her recent roles have not done her justice.

if the swordsman was to remake, gyy would be awesome in brigitte lin's role as the trans-gender master asia, and alyssa as ling's "sister" kiddo. since alyssa present a happy cute front, i couldn't see her acting in an evil role whereas gyy may be able to seamlessly blend good and evil together.
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    GYY may never get as much leading roles as Alyssa. GYY just doesn't have the leading role looks. I'm not saying she isn't attractive. Sometime she could look better than Alyssa. If you put GYY and Alyssa in the same series, Alyssa will always play the leading role. In HSDS series, if the roles were switch...GYY might do the leading role well but Alyssa would look better. I think it's because Alyssa doesn't look evil and GYY does.
    GYY just naturally have that evil/sharp features.... Even when she's suppose to be playing a good character, I can still sense some evilness in her face. Like in MH, even though she wasn't evil, but her constant nagging and long face just make her good role seems evil and annoying. Also in World's Finest, even though she was suppose to be good at first, but there's always that underlying evilness lurking in her face.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

on the contrary, i dont think that gyy looks evil. she's just so able to look cold and sharp when she needs to. she's actually really sweet and demure, judging from her normal pics and smiles. in the beginning of QWLSM, especially the part she ran away, i thought she looked and acted really cute and innocent, no tint of "evilness" anywhere

and though she's not there yet, i think gyy would make it big in the future. she's already stepping out frm the shadows of a 2nd lead and going on to become a first lead. her performance as lead in "QingHong" (a show entirely about her) has already garnered her much fame and praises.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    GYY just naturally have that evil/sharp features.... Even when she's suppose to be playing a good character, I can still sense some evilness in her face. Like in MH, even though she wasn't evil, but her constant nagging and long face just make her good role seems evil and annoying. Also in World's Finest, even though she was suppose to be good at first, but there's always that underlying evilness lurking in her face.
    I think GYY is good with those kind of roles since she has this innocent/evil look. It's actrually to her advantage. I mean Alyssa can't play evil roles where GYY can. Actually I think GYY doesn't hav any hint of evil in her look in real life. She looks absolutely different. Kinda looks lik Vicki Zhao, but way cuter and prettier loosing those enormously big eyes that Vicki has. See for urselves.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/561...anyuan87nq.jpg

GYY can turn from looking sweet and innocent to cold and evil in the blink of an eye. I think those who say she has a "naturally evil" face are still stuck with the impression and bias of (and against) the character of ZZR in HSDS.

And yes, GYY is young and still has a promising career ahead of her. She already has a leading role btw... in Qing Hong. Hopefully she gets more in the future.

i wouldve voted for Alyssa if this question was asked like half a year ago, but since right now i am kinda in the ANTI_ALYSSA mode due to some readings here and there about her that really made me hated her.... i voted for GAO YUAN who could use a lot of improvements...but still...

Wow, rumors that bad to make you from stop liking her? I haven't read any bad reports about her except for during her birth to Angelina when old news like from 8 yrs ago surfaced up. But, whatever floats your boat.

I recently watch another series with GYY, she doesn't have much scene, but her character seems so weak. The only thing had me watching the series was her, cause I saw her on the credit, but I never finish watching it. Her acting skill still needs a lot of improvements.
    Last edited by lRainDropsl; 08-04-05 at 01:34 PM.
    My life...my story...check it out: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=lRainDropsl

My Alyssa Chia/ Zhao Wen Zhou fan fic:http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/lRainDropsl/

can some1 posts a vs. pic ?
    "Don't look back. If you have something to do, only look forward."

Quote Originally Posted by aznlakerzfan
    can some1 posts a vs. pic ?

here pics of ALYSSA CHIA
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/PucCaa/pp3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/PucCaa/pp4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/PucCaa/AlyssaChai.jpg')
    best friends are like credit cards, we need them forever ...

and here pics GAO YUAN YUAN

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/PucCaa/pp1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/PucCaa/14.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/PucCaa/GaoYuanYuan19.jpg')

Thnx for the Pics Puccaa!
    We hav to just admit that they're both beauties! Can't b compared!

Quote Originally Posted by aznangl426
    Thnx for the Pics Puccaa!
    We hav to just admit that they're both beauties! Can't b compared!
    u welcome ..i enjoy posting these beauty pics. u can't compare these u ladies together . they're both got their own beauty look.
    Last edited by PucCaa; 08-06-05 at 09:32 PM.