Thread: Kung Fu Soccer 《功夫足球》

Default Kung Fu Soccer 《功夫足球》

I can't seem to find a thread on this series. I know it was released in China around SARs period. It was never released in HK, but a lot of the actors/actresses in there are Hongers. A lot of famous celebs in this series. There's quite a few cameos by famous HK celebs.

There is both a Cantonese and a Mandarin version of this series. I don't know how many of you had the opportunity to see this series, but it's not too bad. I got to say it's a total rip off of Stephen Chow's Shaolin Soccer, but it's still pretty good. I just didn't like the ending at all. For those of you who haven't seen it..

spoilers.......

Inserting computer generated graphics of 3 of the world's best soccer players into a soccer game is just dumb. If you can't get the real deal, then don't do it at all! Mixing up a human world and a cartoon world ala Roger Rabbit is just dumb since they didn't do it at all throughout the entire series till the very last episode.

So for those of you who's seen it, what do you think of the series?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-08-11 at 01:24 AM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Is this the one with Dicky Cheung? I thought it was a HK series..

Thumbs down

Yes it's a Dicky series and imo quite junk.

Smile

Watched it on tv but not intending to buy it... hmm doesn't really appeal to me altough there were twins in it. N i tot it was a HK series? Nowadays, there's so may China series mixed with lots of HK & Taiwan stars till i myself couldn't tell which category it belonged to...
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Junior Member bowielamandgigilailover's Avatar

it had bowie in it! so yes i have watched it. i thought it was quite funny...........
    hmmmm, the sister of dicky was really funny, sometimes
    but the romance in the story wasn't well developed
    no matter how many years it has been no matter how many things have changed my heart to you have never changed, chi

Ooh.. just so I can know the ending without having to watch a Dicky series.. what happened to that girl with the spiders? I saw this episode where she was going to kill one of the heroes but had a change of heart because he was genuinely nice to her. And there was this turtle lad, blue-haired girl, and this white haired man killed the mafia chap in the sauna. What happened to them all? - they looked good, but I couldn't stomach watching a Dicky series just to see these side villains.

I got seriously turned off by Dicky after his Young Tai Ji Master fiasco. His Young Fan Shi Yi was quite ok.

He has only one range of acting and that is act cute which is quite too much after a few times.

I actually liked this series, I thought the cast was very special and although the plot isnt new, it's still entertaining.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

It's actually a series from China, but not done by the same company / tv station who did DGSD, LOCH, HSDS, etc... It's done by some tv station in Guangzhou. It's not a HK series, but does have a lot of HK celebs.

You guys are right, Dicky does suck in most of the series that I've seen him in. This series wasn't too bad, but once Dicky became "normal" again, the series got boring. And I guess one of the main reasons I like this series is because of "Yong Joe Yi"! Damn, she's hot. Since my cousin's friend looks like her and I had a thing for my cousin's friend, I just like see Yong Joe Yi.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Cool

the series was a big dissapointment to me personally...the cast overall was ok...but the storyline the effect and the theme song they use was just ...erm...not as good...
    Day and Night ~~~Left and Right ~~~Ups and Downs ~~~Front and Back ~~~Good and Bad~~~

The Opposite of life

what is the name of the purple haired girl? in the movie and in real life

Smile hi there

can you upload KONG FU SOCCER for me because i haven't see that tv series yet..i heard people online said that this tv series is funny and great action moves...i would appreciate...

thanks!!