Thread: tofu street

Default tofu street

Hi!
    I'm a big fan of chinese drama series. Not matter if its cantonese or mandarin; made in HK, china, taiwan or singapore.
    Our local tv station currently playing a singapore series title tofu street. Does anyone have it synopsis??? or know what happen to all its main character??? can i find it on vcd or dvd????

This is a very good series. Should catch it. I have never seen it for sale anywhere but good luck looking online. It's basically about the lives of a neighbourhood. I can't remember everyone but basically the ones who affected me the most are:-

Cynthia Koh: She is a child bride. Her mother-in-law is widowed and sells toufu I think. Cynthia was purchased to marry her young son so she will have an additional pair of hands in the shop and a babysitter for her son. Very sweet and kind character.

Peter Yu: Think he was a doctor. Supposed to be matchmade with Jacelyn Tay. They met and fell in love without knowing each other's identity so made a pact to run away but he met with an accident, lost his memory. Cynthia took care of him and they loved each other deeply.

Jacelyn Tay: She was daughter of rich pineapple plantation owner in Malaysia. Matchmade with Peter Yu. She is well educated and believes in true love. Ran away to meet Peter Yu but he didn't turn up. She became a teacher in the school and later realised Peter lost his memory and only loves Cynthia now. Stoicly bears her pain.

There are other characters and subplots of course and it is a really colourful story with many realistic characters. A must watch and one of the most popular TV series in Singapore at its time.

Tofu street is a pretty old show, one of the better shows that MC used to produce.

I can't really remember the story, just remember that I like it alot. Hmm... the show got pretty sad at some points. But definitely a good watch .

Last night episode is about this girl who are force to sleep with a triad leader to get some money for her sick daughter. Well I just wonder why dont her find a job like Cynthia Koh's character....but then may be it won't pay her much
    I hate Chen Tai Peng...left his wife & son for a rich girl & betrayed his friend just to be where he is now. Hope he gonna pay for it...
    OOO what happen Lou Tou??? will he be found????

Re-watching this now on MobTV Select on Mio TV and it's so good! Great production values for its time and the stories are so poignant. Sad ending for Si Mei

I tried but could not find

The post is very Useful. Thank you, this advice will come in handy.