Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Taste of Love

Default A Taste of Love

thought to start a thread on this series. im currently watching this series. this series is produced on 2001 (i think) and stars lawrence ng, flora chan, raymond lam, joe ma, joyce tang, miriam yeung, etc. this is a series abt cooking.
    well here's my comment.
    i think this series is quite good. nice actually. im kinda surprised raymond's got many screentime here considering he is a beginner here. if im not mistaken this is his very first series (correct me if im wrong though) raymond and miriam makes a good couple here. lawrence and flora are good too. but joyce is so annoying here!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Erm... yeah.. I think its Raymond's first series too.. but, there're times you might find him annoying, sometimes cute.. unpreditable.

I dislike Joyce here too.. she's extremely annoying here..

But overall, this series is worth a watch

no i don't find raymond annoying here. i think he's just too innocent and childish well i quite liked his straighforward character
    i also find miriam and joe's interaction cute but joyce....
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

i like this serie alot. I like Joyce but too bad she plays the third wheel in this serie. I wish Flora did not cut her hair, she looks much better in the serie than now.

Loved this series, Raymond and merium are so cute, this is the series that made me start liking him! LOL seeing as it was one of his first ones. I hate Joyce though!

I haven't watched this series yet even though it was so long ago! Thinking of getting my hands on it since there's Raymond, heh. Have heard that it's a nice show.

yes, this is a nice show. considering this is raymond's first series, im quite surprised that he has plenty of screentime. and his character is very funny.
    love all the part of that guy who liked flora hehe, he looks evil but he's actually a nice guy
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    yes, this is a nice show. considering this is raymond's first series, im quite surprised that he has plenty of screentime. and his character is very funny.
    love all the part of that guy who liked flora hehe, he looks evil but he's actually a nice guy
    Yeah! .. He falled in love with Flora just because she gave him a handkerchief ... It was so funny how he turned to like her so fast

Raymond is adorable here.. but, I found him annoying in some parts.. Nevertheless, I liked him alot.. Towards the end of the series, you'll like him more and more

Yep agree that this is a nice show. Have always liked Miriam Yeung. Also the one that got me to notice Raymond Lam, which indirectly contributed to my obsession with his other series LWVB

yeah, his role is very very noticeable here. this is his very first series right? well excluding those series that he played cameo though.
    yeah, so funny esp when they kept on emphasizing how ugly that guy is and at one point, his 'auntie' called him a 'beast' haha, so bad! but i like the character of that guy
    cherrie

Whoa.. For a moment there I thought u guys didn't like 'Joyce' Flora Chan's character.. I was ready to object... But then I realize you meant Joyce Tang's 'Sue' character.. I agree whole-heartedly... I hate her character in the series.. She was really fooling herself when she forced herself on Lawrence. And shame on Lawrence's character for accepting her even if it was for pity.. I love the Ending! hehe... It was cute and funny..
    HaRDCoRe MaN UtD Fan!!!

Aww.. I really want to see this series... especially because its got Raymond... hehe but I also want to see Miriam in it~~

The funny thing is... my mum says I've watched it already.... but I don't remember anything... ?

This looks like a nice series anyways.... and want to see another cute Raymond character (something cute like Ah Ben is SL?) hehe....

What role does Miriam play?
    Watching:~ Dicey Business, The Gentle Crackdown, The Gateau Affairs
    Recently Finished: ~ To Grow with Love, The Academy

i think ray looks so hot and cute here

i loved this series... i don't understand mandarin but i watched it in mandarin anyways.. lol... but yeah i wish Flora never cut her ahir she looked good in this series and Triumphs in the Skies... but in that JADE movie she was like torn up... maybe TVB needed her to cut her hair... i dunno... lol... but she's really pretty in this series...
    currently in love with: Moses Chan and Bernice Liu

i like her hair in the jade series

I watched this series a long time ago so I don't really remember much about it. I wonder if Miriam will act in another series tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MsPowerbomb
    I watched this series a long time ago so I don't really remember much about it. I wonder if Miriam will act in another series tho.
    She has an older series.. acted with Nick Cheung. I don't remember the series of the name though..

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    She has an older series.. acted with Nick Cheung. I don't remember the series of the name though..
    It's Moment of Endearment. It was showing in TV2 M'sia channel back then.. i luv that show, so hilarious!
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

yes i agree with joyce tang's character. joe ma's character is just too good for her
    miriam plays the daughter of a rich businessman. her dad wants her to take over their business but she wants to be a singer so she ran away from home and worked in raymond's restaurant as a waitress.
    cherrie

i think in this series mariam and raymond was the best to watch