View Poll Results: Which team will be crowned champions in the Barclays 05/06 season?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

2 11.11%
  • Chelsea

6 33.33%
  • Liverpool

2 11.11%
  • Man Utd

8 44.44%
  • Others

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EPL-2005/2006 season

Manchester United is about to start another new era, the Legendary Manchester Youth team r all past their twilight yrs i mean ffs, man u's youth team in beckhams days was basically their whole team a couple of yrs ago, and now, the likes of fletcher, oshea, Kieran Richardson, ronaldo, rooney, thats already 5 potential starters for the club for the next decade.

Sure ruud relies on servcie, but he can finish, wats good about having the skills but u cna't finish, also his at man united a huge club, service isn't a major issue, the main issue with last yr was he was hammered ad hammered with injries. And u cna't eally say being a good finisher is nit comparable to skills people, shearer is pretty much a finisher aswell, arguably the best england striker we seen.

But saying all of this Manchester United nees to sign some future stars, i would reommend,

Rafael Van Der Vaart
    Alessandro something something (argentine)

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    Manchester United is about to start another new era, the Legendary Manchester Youth team r all past their twilight yrs i mean ffs, man u's youth team in beckhams days was basically their whole team a couple of yrs ago, and now, the likes of fletcher, oshea, Kieran Richardson, ronaldo, rooney, thats already 5 potential starters for the club for the next decade.
    Of those 5, 3 have been quite average, by ManUtd standards. O'Shea looked promising several years ago but seems to have stunted. Richardson and Fletcher doesn't seem to be on the level of Scholes and company either, though there are still time, they are young. But 5 "potential starters" ain't much to rely on. Unlike Chelsea, which has about 20 players on their payroll that would probably be sure-fire starters on any other premiership squad.

Sure ruud relies on servcie, but he can finish, wats good about having the skills but u cna't finish, also his at man united a huge club, service isn't a major issue, the main issue with last yr was he was hammered ad hammered with injries. And u cna't eally say being a good finisher is nit comparable to skills people, shearer is pretty much a finisher aswell, arguably the best england striker we seen.
    Fine, I agree. But you'd be hard pressed to convince me or anyone that RVN is a better player than Ronaldo, Sheva, Ronaldinho, or Henry. It's like saying Nowitsky isn't as good as Tim Duncan or KG. That's no knock against RVN ya know.

But saying all of this Manchester United nees to sign some future stars, i would reommend,

Rafael Van Der Vaart
    Alessandro something something (argentine)
    Van der Vaart isn't the best Ajax has to offer anyways. I'd pay attention to Nigel de Jong or John Heitinga. From my conversations with real, hardcore Ajax fans (from Holland), they rated those 2 above Van der Vaart, Ibrahmnovic, amd Chivu. They claim that Van der Vaart has been a bit, uh... distracted by his girlfriend (and seeing her picture, I can't blame him).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://dev.deti.nl/Sylvie_Meis_WH_4.jpg')

D'Alessandro will probably end up either in Italy or at Chelsea. Although he already surprised me once by going to Wolfsburg, so... ya never know.

Either way, everyone you've talked about thus far have been midfielders, ManUtd's weakness is in the back. Getting Van der Vaart or D'Alessandro won't help you there.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

damn, she is hot,

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    RVN is a great finisher, but he's one of those guys that definitely relies on service. If you already have a great midfield, then he'd be the perfect fit for your team (like ManUtd a couple years ago). But I'd be hesitant to put him up there with the likes of Ronaldo, Sheva, Ronaldinho, and Henry precisely because he's more reliant on great service than they are.
    yea,totally agree with what u said...but they still have Rooney..so i dont think that matters at all.
    i feel like stranggling that Yobo when i saw his "present" to Rooney on yesterday's match.And poor Gerrard... how unlucky he was yesterday against Middlesbrough...he could've had a hat trick if he could get his shots on target

damn, she is hot,
    (sigh).....guys...

She can shoot me anytime...

Now back to the EPL.

Chelski...lucky lucky bastards. Lucky jammy slimy cruel bastards.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

idon't et why mourinho would rather start drogba over crespo, it's known to any football fan that crespo is above drogba.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    She can shoot me anytime...

Now back to the EPL.

Chelski...lucky lucky bastards. Lucky jammy slimy cruel bastards.
    I dont think "lucky" is the right word to describe what happened in yesterday's match. i know people are saying that Chelsea dont deserve to win, including Mourinho himself. But like the Wigan manager said, thats premiership football.

Wigan did not take their chances after all the trouble they've been causing to the Chelsea defence - Wigan had like around 3 to 5 very very good scoring opportunities in front of goal n they spurn it....the most ridiculous was the chance Wigan had before Crespo got the winning goal..There were three Wigan players on the break after Chelsea's poor free-kick,with only 2 Chelsea defenders chasing them from behind and i thought its all over for Mourinho's team....but when i saw how the Wigan player screwed that golden chance...i nearly laughed my head off.So, they are to blame themselves for the lost.

i know they were all over Chelsea in the 1st half and the last few minutes plus stoppage time. Chelsea had their moments too n the 2nd half after cole n wright-phillips came on for gudjohnsen n robben. i have to admit that Duff n Robben were rather quiet yesterday n not productive. But, Chelsea won the game in a fashion that champions do. Champions win the game even though they're not playing well. Even if its a late late goal or even if its just a 1-0 win. that doesnt matter. as long as they won.thats what matters. Man Utd last season won a few of their games too with very very late goalsdespite not playing well.

By the way,thats a magnificient Crespo goal!

Wigan didn't deserve a win (as you said, due to missing easy chances) but Chelsea didn't either. It should've been a draw. Anyway, that's what you need in football to succeed: luck.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

idon't et why mourinho would rather start drogba over crespo, it's known to any football fan that crespo is above drogba.
    i dont agree with u on this despite Crespo scoring that crucial last minute goal for Chelsea yesterday. Drogba's good in the air n he's got the physical strength to hold off defenders. Even the Bayern manager said that it was Drogba who caused the Bayern defenders trouble all the time although it was Lampard who scored twice in the Champions league last season. Crespo...yea,he's been great when playing for Milan last season. But remember how he performed two seasons ago under Ranieri? Crespo's suited to play in italian football, but English football? he still has a lot more to do to convince every Chelsea supporters n Mourinho. Mourinho must have his reasons for starting Drogba over Crespo.

On the other hand,what i dont get is why Mourinho plays Gudjohnsen in midfield alongside Lampard. i know Gudjohnsen likes to drop deep in midfield last season...but its just weird to see a striker playing on that position. i'd rather play Joe Cole on that position cuz Chelsea's midfield seems to be not so creative with yesterday's formation. Lampard really surprised me yesterday...constantly loosing the ball n not sharp with his passes n crosses. Makalele too looked rusty. Joe Cole just seemed to be the only Chelsea midfielder thats performing up to standard...n i just dont understand why mourinho put him on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Wigan didn't deserve a win (as you said, due to missing easy chances) but Chelsea didn't either. It should've been a draw. Anyway, that's what you need in football to succeed: luck.
    Like what i said,u dont say which side deserves to win or lose. its how u take your chances that counts. if u dont take your chances against a top team like Chelsea, u'll suffer in the end. And i dont think Crespo's goal was a lucky one. That was world-class!

yeah, c'mon Carvalho ! tell that smug face why u should start and diss your team mates while you're at it.

i support your very public fallout with morono.

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    yeah, c'mon Carvalho ! tell that smug face why u should start and diss your team mates while you're at it.

i support your very public fallout with morono.
    That Carvalho's just a d**khead...he's only not being selected for a few games n he starts whining bout it. C'mon, look at Huth. if i were Mourinho, i'd do the same too. The Gallas-Terry partnership's more solid to me(check out the stats). And by the way, Carvalho's issued an apology for the remarks he made. So,i think everything's settled.

Central defensive partnership August 2004 -present
    -----------------------------------Terry & Gallas---------------Other combinations
    Full Games--------------------------18---------------------------------31
    Time played------------------------1740-----------------------------3720
    Goals conceded---------------------1----------------------------------33
    Clean sheets------------------------17--------------------------------18

Forget the Carvalho-Mourinho issue. what i'm worried about now is Essien. yea, its good news that another world class player is joining the blues, but dont we have more than enough midfielders already in the squad?...So,my main concern is where will Essien fit in? Makalele and Lampard are must-selected players in Mourinho's line-up. Then, we have Duff, Robben, Wright-Phillips, Joe Cole.....(well, Jarosik and Tiago...i dont think they need to be mentioned cuz they're not really important to Mourinho in my opinion) and now Michael Essien. Surely, Duff and Robben will always be 1st choice (for now). And i dont think Wright-Phillips,J Cole and Essien will all be put on the sub bench together...i mean not that many midfielders on the bench. So, i wonder what solution will mourinho come up with. Certainly, fans wouldnt wanna see either j cole or Wright-Phillips(we spent so much cash on him) playing for the reserves.

The sports analysts say that Essien is the long term replacement for Makalele, but don't think a 24.4 million pound signing would like to sit on the bench............SUNDAY........CHELSEA---ARSENAL, my prediction is a 0-3 kicking by Arsenal.........lol........If only I was a betting man.......hehe........
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://www.naruto-kun.com/images/narutotest/jiraiya.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Big AL Cho
    The sports analysts say that Essien is the long term replacement for Makalele, but don't think a 24.4 million pound signing would like to sit on the bench............
    Makalele's replacement?sheesh...Makalele still looks fit enough to play for a couple more years for Chelsea. And he doesnt worth that much money to me...well, unless he can prove that i've underestimate him(that is if he has the chance to do so).
    Quote Originally Posted by Big AL Cho
    SUNDAY........CHELSEA---ARSENAL, my prediction is a 0-3 kicking by Arsenal.........lol........If only I was a betting man.......hehe........
    Oh Come on....Chelsea letting in 3 goals at home n Arsenal keeping a clean sheet? Well,if Chelsea played like they did against Wigan...then ok...this score is acceptable. i know Chelsea's record against Arsenal is not good.But i think Chelsea will kick Arsenal's *** in front of the home crowd like they did in the Community Shield after learning their lesson from the Wigan match.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan
    That Carvalho's just a d**khead...he's only not being selected for a few games n he starts whining bout it. C'mon, look at Huth. if i were Mourinho, i'd do the same too. The Gallas-Terry partnership's more solid to me(check out the stats). And by the way, Carvalho's issued an apology for the remarks he made. So,i think everything's settled.

heh, just wanna get a rise out of u that's all.
    no harm done there.

yup, its all good between them now and they'll live happy ever after. maybe abit of backstabbing now and then but chelsea will win,win,win...

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    heh, just wanna get a rise out of u that's all.
    no harm done there.

Anyway...what Mourinho said...(something like Carvalho needs an IQ test..bla bla bla)...i find that quite funny

ok..never mind that.

Now,i'm just sitting in front of the tv...praying that Villa will get a draw at Old Trafford. i miss seeing Fergie's angry,read face.

oh darn it....70 minutes gone and the Devils are ahead...

It should've been 4-0 to ManU. Sorensen played very well today.