View Poll Results: Which team will be crowned champions in the Barclays 05/06 season?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

2 11.11%
  • Chelsea

6 33.33%
  • Liverpool

2 11.11%
  • Man Utd

8 44.44%
  • Others

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EPL-2005/2006 season

Default EPL-2005/2006 season

whoohoo!!! 7 days to go before the C.Shield between Arsenal & Chelsea! and 2 more weeks before the new EPL season kicks off!!

Chelsea n Arsenal's pre-season games have been ok so far...Manu lost once only to a Japanese team and they've got an easy draw against a lousy team in the champions league 3rd qualifying round.Oh,and Fergie's signings-Dong and Park- hope they wont be a let down

Looking forward to the C.Shield......hope Wright-Phillips gets a chance to shine in that game. Wondering how Mourinho will pick his 1st starting line-up with so many options in midfield.... leaving Wright-Phillips n Cole on the bench would be a waste of talents... And the frontmen----Crespo,Drogba....... still not convincing enough from their pre-season matches' display...As for C.Cole.. no comments on him for now...
    Arsenal's got a lot of talented youngsters in their squad now.....So,losing Viera's not a big deal

I'm looking forward to the new season. Even though I reckon Chelsea will retain their title due to the amount of depth in their squad. Want to see how Arsenal will fare without their captain and what new faces will crop up. As for Man U want to see Park play well for them and Rooney to shape up and not be an ********* on the pitch.
    If You Love something, Let it Go...
    If It Comes Back Then It's Yours...
    If It Doesn't Then It Never Was...

I like Liverpool, but I think Man Utd will win it this year.

Chelseas donminances will not be as big this season both arsenal and manu know what to expect of them now, it's very much game on fron day 1, ManU Arsenal Chelsea, it's gonna be heated. But i predict Manchester United, and now Van Nistelroy should be back to full fitness, Saha is back too, now u have addition of park ji sung whoc an play in giggs position and central midfield. Dong, i don't no if his at Mancgester united this season or at antwerp, if his abck at Man united he shouild be poretty useful, also Kieran Richardson is back at manchester Now as, well compare to arsenal Manchester has just as many young talent if not more, Darren fletcher should get more of a run thjis seaon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    . But i predict Manchester United, and now Van Nistelroy should be back to full fitness, Saha is back too, now u have addition of park ji sung whoc an play in giggs position and central midfield.
    Nistelrooy.....still not as sharp as he used to be from his pre-season performance.. Saha....worse....doesnt show much... As for Park,other than scoring that goal for Man Utd in that pre-season match,showed nothing as well.

Smile

Well, Man Utd and Liverpool are not bad, but i voted for Chelsea. I like 'em very much! Oh.. and Arsenal too is not bad.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan
    Nistelrooy.....still not as sharp as he used to be from his pre-season performance.. Saha....worse....doesnt show much... As for Park,other than scoring that goal for Man Utd in that pre-season match,showed nothing as well.
    thats lie saying both crespo and rogba for chelsea is doing crap, cos they did'nt do much either.

also this yr man untied as a good keeper, none of this roy carrol bs, Van der sar will make a difference.

Liverpool have no chance of winning the league!! I feel sorry for Gerrard!
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

1. Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. Liverpool

Relegated. Man Utd
    LOL...........
    Those are my predictions (Obviously the last prediction is the most obvious )

Hehe................I think Arsenal might just take this one, This team tends to NOT be able to defend a title but are notorious in bouncing back the following season, Obviously this is my biased view because Chelsea are even stronger this year, The only stat that we pulverized them in was the amount of goals that we scored last season, that is why I am a little bit confident, as they say goals win matches, so only if our defence gets it right (like it did at the end of last season) do we have a chance of toppling Chelsea.............

Arsenal's pre-season record is 100% win ratio, not bad, considering we played teams like Ajax and Porto...................Chelsea weren't bad either.............

Liverpool is my dark horse this season.........Man Utd will be up there too...........

Do any of you guys play Fantasy Football (Football as in football, not the Grid-Iron in America)
    If you want, then go here, http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Community shield should be interesting, wonder if Wenger will field youngsters again.............
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://www.naruto-kun.com/images/narutotest/jiraiya.jpg'), '')

Seeing as how Fergie is fighting with Roy Keane, RVN is fighting with Ferdinand, and Ferdinand is doing his best to piss everyone off on the team. I don't see how ManUtd could catch up with Chelsea. So... yeah, I'm going with Chelsea.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo07
    Liverpool have no chance of winning the league!! I feel sorry for Gerrard!
    Why not? i think Liverpool is now a much stronger team than last season with the signing of Crouch, Zenden,etc.......And remember they have Alonso n Garcia fit n ready. liverpool will be a tough contender i reckon

Whoohooo! 1.5 hours to go before the Community Shield kicks off! Chelsea 1-0 Arsenal !!!!!

i'm going with the blues to win the big one again this year, even though winning the Community Shield isn't a good omen for the premiershiip campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    i'm going with the blues to win the big one again this year, even though winning the Community Shield isn't a good omen for the premiershiip campaign.
    Ah...dont be superstitious. If Chelsea cant retain the title this year, i'm gonna run naked on the street! ok....just kidding...

honestly after watching yesterday's Community Shield....i really do have a lot of confidence in Jose's team to win the title again this year. Even though the gunners had more than half the possesion, but they didnt pose much of a threat to the chelsea keeper n defence. On the other hand, Chelsea was terrific on the counter despite having little possesion. Drogba was magnificient...showing what strength he's got. He gave Senderos a hard time yesterday. Arsenal really need to improve on their defense cuz they've been caught a few times by Chelsea on the break.And there was a dreadful decision by referee Webb. he gave Chelsea a free-kick as Lampard’s wonderful pass set Robben free on goal despite being clattered as he made it. that was frustrating cuz that might have been Chelsea's third.

Wow....Everton lost in the 1st leg of the Champions League 3rd Qualifying round. i guess Everton's not destined to play in the Champions League after all cuz i dont think Everton has a chance of winning against Villareal in the 2nd leg.

Manchester United for Premiership this yr, van nistelrooy is back, the best finisher in england and possibly the world, the only reason man u whent so abd last yr was becos their ace striker was injured like a mofo, had to rely on youngsters, this yr the VN is back, lol, drogba and crespo dosen't even compare, only other striker in england that i think is just as good as Van nistelroy or better is Henry, and thats only becos what Van Nistelroy lacks Henry has.

Manchester United for Premiership this yr, van nistelrooy is back, the best finisher in england and possibly the world,
    haha! best finisher in England n the world?i doubt if he will ..this season. He's been performing like hell since he recovered from the injury that i think Smith is currently a better choice than him.
    the only reason man u whent so abd last yr was becos their ace striker was injured like a mofo, had to rely on youngsters, this yr the VN is back, lol,
    Thats a lame excuse for Man Utd not winning the league title last year. Chelsea had several key players injured too - Robben, Duff, Drogba,etc. What do u have to say about that? i mean,not just Chelsea...other clubs too had a lot of players injured n did u hear any of the club using that as an excuse for underperforming? Dont tell me that Manu cant do without Nistelrooy...Dont forget they still have Rooney, Saha, Smith...few of the best strikers in the world.

drogba and crespo dosen't even compare, only other striker in england that i think is just as good as Van nistelroy or better is Henry, and thats only becos what Van Nistelroy lacks Henry has.
    We'll see if you're right at the end of this season regarding this . Yea,i agree Henry's probably the best striker in the league. He's been consistent for Arsenal every season, netting in lots of goals. But i'm not so sure about nistelrooy. Yes,he's magnificient for Man Utd....n that was like 2 seasons ago...if i'm not mistaken.

his stas shows every seaon his played for man u cept last one hsi been top scoing 30 plus goals every season so far excluding last season, and we all no why it's his major injruy since moving to manchester united, and his euro pean stats tells it all, theeres no beter finisher than van nistleroy to have that record of his in europe is plain crazy.

also looking at their first win of the new campaign, suprise suprise VN scored, things are looking good for manchested united.

his stas shows every seaon his played for man u cept last one hsi been top scoing 30 plus goals every season so far excluding last season, and we all no why it's his major injruy since moving to manchester united, and his euro pean stats tells it all, theeres no beter finisher than van nistleroy to have that record of his in europe is plain crazy.

also looking at their first win of the new campaign, suprise suprise VN scored, things are looking good for manchested united.
    RVN is a great finisher, but he's one of those guys that definitely relies on service. If you already have a great midfield, then he'd be the perfect fit for your team (like ManUtd a couple years ago). But I'd be hesitant to put him up there with the likes of Ronaldo, Sheva, Ronaldinho, and Henry precisely because he's more reliant on great service than they are. Besides, ManUtd's midfield is getting old fairly and rather testy with each other rapidly.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; 08-13-05 at 01:42 PM.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

We didn't do well last year because we had so many injuries at the beginning and had a very sluggish start. Look at our defenders in the 1st match last season for instance: Fortune, Phil Neville, Brown and Roy Keane! Then in the next few matches, Giggs was playing left back as we didn't have any in that position!

We're hitting the ground running this year. Just creamed Everton. Ruud is as sharp as ever.

Wigan is probably the winner today.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."