Thread: Be with you

Default Be with you

Anyone seen or heard of this Jap movie?? Pl share your comments if so..thanks!!

yep, I just watched this movie. The Japanese name is "Ima, Ai Ni Yukimasu" and there's also a drama based on the same story that is currently airing in Japan.

I tot this movie was great, really touching. The plot is pretty simple, quite in the same vein as the older Japanese movie classic 'Love Letter' and is about how important to treasure the time we have we our loved ones.

**SPOILERS**

The plot is about a father and his son who have just their wife and mother respectively to cancer about a year ago. However, she leaves them a children's book she drew before she died saying that she will come back to them in a year's time during the rainy season. That's exactly what happens, but the problem is that when she comes back, she seems to have lost her memory. She then tries to rediscover her love for her husband in the weeks that follow as her husband tells her about how they met and fell in love. Her husband knows a secret though, and it is that she will have to go back in 6 weeks time as she wrote in the book. This eventually happens, but the experience over the 6 weeks only serves to reinforce her appreciation and belief in the love she has for her husband and son. There's actually more to this but I won't spoil the movie too much.

Anyway, I thought it was a really good watch but only for those who can take slower and more serious type of movies. I do think those are the Japanese's forte though coming on the back of 'Love Letter' and 'Crying out Love, in the centre of the World'.

I think it's a great movie to watch with your significant other ^_~ Although there are some parts that made me laugh pathetically, other than that. It was a really good movie! The kid is too cute haha

Ugh I just saw in the theatre that the Americans are doing a remake of 'Ima, Ai Ni Yukimasu'. They've seriously run out of ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Ereyon
    Ugh I just saw in the theatre that the Americans are doing a remake of 'Ima, Ai Ni Yukimasu'. They've seriously run out of ideas!
    yeah, apparently Jennifer Garner saw the show and was so touched by it she decided to get her company to do a remake of it starring herself.