Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter Sonata

Default winter sonata

up to now chapter 11... at first, i thought it was harsh the way CJW treated her fiance..not wanting to visit him in hospital etc. I then felt and understood the way Seung yic's mum at the ski piste place, asking her to visit her son in hospital saying she was cold hearted..after all its been ten years...
    But then now she's back with Seung yic, her heart still is undecided.
    Sorry, i do have a soft spot, and in such a situation, going back to your fiance without hesitatation..

By the way, the polaris necklace is nice, the one too that Seung yic give her too..
    the one in stairways is nice round CJW's neck not the one on KSW..
    i do happen to have a liking for accessories especially necklaces

Default winter sonata

hmm... up to chapter 15 now...

gosh, i am getting a little annoyed with the way CJW treated her relationships..one minute she was convinced she chosen her fiance, the next minute, she was angry at BJW for letting her go once and she said she only loved min-hyung and his other identity once.
    All the same time, i do feel sorry for CJW's fiance...he's the most innocent one.
    All cjw cared about was hoping BJW wake up in hospital and didnt give a care in the world for her forthcoming marriage nor the presence of her fiance ..
    yet i am starting to feel sorry for BJW's girlfriend (choi lam) ..

cjw's fiance is not the innocent one. I hate him and I hate chai ling. They are both so really annoying. They just don't know when to stop.

Default winter sonata

i now finished this...to sum it up, the winter scenery was nice .., was surprised that it was a happy ending. I did not shed a tear thinking it was a weepie..

however, iam still displeased with how cjw still ended up with BYJ..yes he built that house, really loved her..but his illness isnt going bring on forever happiness..
    choi lam wasnt annoying after all...i sympathised with what she went through..moreso, i felt that cjw and her screen fiance should be the happy couple..
    BYJ's presence ruined seung yic's family, made CJw shed lots of tears too much here. Sorry, i think he did a good job in this film too but the way his character was written here, i dont agree with in his adult life., .. hes still the best for his role in hotelier, he was more grown up and knew what he wanted.

I finished it yesterday too... I like it but was a bit draggy... didn't shed a tear either.. I hated CJWs fiance in the beginning but he turn good later and so did chai lin.. and agree with you... chai lin and the fiance would be a great couple...

never seen hotelier....so don't know..but I really like him in this one..BYJ..
    I think this is the best of all the endless love story.. but way too long...

Default wintersonata

why did people who has seen this cry ...i dont see how it can be so tearful...is it because BJY turned blind or CJW crying so much here had the effect?? It wasnt a real weepie to me, the scenery was nice her, music too and an enjoyable (wont say its my favourite)... Compared to Autumn love story, i cried bucketloads there.., plus i dont think it was incest .. felt sorry for won bin.. ..

i aint seen the third installment.. but i think the first one still hits me hard

Question question

does this story have a happy ending?? what happens?

yepp..the story has a happy ending. They got each other. The last scene was beautiful. A kissing scene while the sun went down...

Thumbs up

This is one serial you wouldn't get bored to watch and re-watching again and again. Glad that they ended up together but had to overcome lots of obstacles ever since in high school. BYJ & CJW really match in this serial... looking forward to watch CJW in Stairway to Heaven.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Thumbs down HATE IT

HATE THAT

SORRY

I think it's too long also. In the beginning I was so bored of her being sad all the time. I mean there's other things in life and she just look dead-I think they over did these scenes.

I like BJY in Hotelier more too and he had more chemistry with the actress than the actress in WS. I don't know but I don't really like her, can't explain but she looks old.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

hey all i want to ask an favor where can i found the musical sheet the song from winter sonata the one that play with the piano.

Exclamation

Winter sonata is the no.1 korean drama in my list...

I like also the first installment...i ried so much!!!
    but in WS, i cried river!!!

gosh!! the story, the characters, the music, the scenery are excellent...

no wonder it became the forerunner of the korean wave...

i love the chemistry of BYJ and CJW so much!!!

Default Special Feature DVD Question

Hi Everyone
    Im from Australia and Im new to this..
    Recently I watched the beautiful drama WS. There was also a special feature CD which had a lot of bloopers and a cast interview on a tv show.
    This was not english subtitled and I would very much appreciate if somebody replied to me who can actually help me out. I really, really want to know what BYJ is saying...................
    HELP

Also, does anyone know if BYJ shed some real tears on WS?

Email me at: [email protected]
    Rhoda.

Quote Originally Posted by vietgurl4ever206
    hey all i want to ask an favor where can i found the musical sheet the song from winter sonata the one that play with the piano.
    Here are the links to the score to My Memory...I'm not sure if you mean this one.

http://www.jkdramas.com/download/pianoscore/wls08a.jpg
    http://www.jkdramas.com/download/pianoscore/wls08b.jpg

Here's another song, I can't read korean, so I'm not sure what its called.
    Is it From the Beginning Till Now?

http://www.jkdramas.com/download/pianoscore/wls09a.jpg
    http://www.jkdramas.com/download/pianoscore/wls09b.jpg
    http://www.jkdramas.com/download/pianoscore/wls09c.jpg

Im from US & my 1st time to post here..I been watchin' Winter Sonata here in azn channel...0my!0my! this is the best drama series....I've been cryin' my heart out & I'm in episode 16 tonight.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/redoctober08/bae%20yung%20joon/vlcsnap-17685.png')

i believe this film was aimed at a more mature audience. i liked it alot and actually liked CJW's character. like BJY said, she was trying so hard not to hurt anyone that she ended up putting pressure on everyone around her and herself.

felt most sorry for her when half way through the film when she tried to break with both guys, and both wont let her go. i knew Park Yong Ha aka ShanHuyk wouldn't let her go but i didn't expect BJY's character to also say the same thing.

the girl wanted to move on and not be forced to harm anyone, yet both guys weren't willing to let go of her.

she kept quite about everything because she didn't want to hurt the people she loved, she loved Sang Huyk because he is her best friend, thats why she was always so hesitant to embrass him infront of anybody. the attempted rape?! the public annoucement of their wedding date?!

i felt tat she really wanted to pick up her bags and just leave both guys behind but because of her duty to her family, her business and her friends, she was forced to stay back.

how much more pressure can u get?!

i like BJY and all but i thought he should have understood it more and let her go. declaring undying love for her when she wants to let go isn't helping. nethier is he's constant back tracking. he tells her to leave, then he runs after her when she does. i get why by the end she didnt' go after him.

feels like the realtionship in All In, the main couple was also so weary of their relationship that they dragged their feet by the end of it.

Default ending

what can you say about the ending of this series?

Default Worth watching

I first watched WS on TV and I kept saying...., hurry up hurry up, say something, say something. It was so strange to see a show that is so slow with economical dialogue. But I stayed because I was intrigued to see tears flowing down... men's faces!!! Then I got hooked on K drama.

WS is definitely one of the more stylish dramas. The photography is something. Now I have the dvd, I can fast forward the draggy, boring parts and zoom on to the poignant scenes... oh I cried.. when she saw BYJ after 10 years... then staring at him and breaking down...

The best thing about this show is that the characters are all strong and steadfast in their love and affection whether it's Yoo Jin, Sang Hyuk, Joon sang or Chae Rin...they loved openly and were honest to every one.

I'm trying to watch summer scent, third in the trilogy, with great difficulty. The heroine is so weak mentally, physically and emotionally.. may be I should just give up.

And autumn story ... too morbid. I have a brother who's actually my cousin and I will never think of him in any way but my brother... this series is eeky to me, had great problems finishing it and I do sympathised with the people around them who were horrified by the relationship.

I wonder how many people are planning to watch the Winter Sonata movie due out later this year?