Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How were the Deun Family's martial arts transmitted between DGSD and LOCH?

Default How were the Deun Family's martial arts transmitted between DGSD and LOCH?

Deun Yu learned the 6 Mak Divine Swords, but he never learned the 1 Yeung Finger Technique or any of the Deun Royal Family's other martial arts. How, then, did his descendant, South Emperor Deun Chi Hing, learn those skills?

I think the technique was safeguarded by the Dali Dragon Monk temple. In DGSD the top monks knew at least 1 technique of 6MSJ hence they knew 1YZ.
    If You Love something, Let it Go...
    If It Comes Back Then It's Yours...
    If It Doesn't Then It Never Was...

Quote Originally Posted by allunderheaven
    I think the technique was safeguarded by the Dali Dragon Monk temple. In DGSD the top monks knew at least 1 technique of 6MSJ hence they knew 1YZ.
    And yet there seemed to be no trace of 6MSJ 100-150 years later in LOCH.

Between DY and the 6 monks, someone never bothered to rewrite the manual or
    pass down the knowledge.

If Yi Deng had 6MSJ, maybe WCY wouldn't have won.

Yi Yang Zhi + Xian Tian Gong seems pretty potent too.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    And yet there seemed to be no trace of 6MSJ 100-150 years later in LOCH.

Between DY and the 6 monks, someone never bothered to rewrite the manual or
    pass down the knowledge.

I think it's just a chronological issue. Jin Yong would've had to re-write a lot of Shediao to include 6MSJ since he thought up that skill much later when writing Tianlong.

Maybe he'll make another whacky revision in the future a la that whole 9 yin and 9 yang craziness he thought up with WCY and that random monk. Does anyone else think that JY with all these revisions is quite similar to how George Lucas is changing the ending of Return of the Jedi to include Hayden Christensen's mug over the old collage of Anakin, Obi Wan, and Yoda?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wolf-howl.com/images/jedi-shot.jpg')

明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Angry barf is right. Old Yoda, old Obi-wan, young Ani? I swear the kid is probably his bottom-boy or something, Lucas is so much in love with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    Yi Yang Zhi + Xian Tian Gong seems pretty potent too.
    I'd take Bei Ming + 6MSJ anyday!

If Yi Deng knew Bei Ming and was willing to use it at the 1st Mt Hua tournament...

About the chronological order of things, well JY had already done the 3rd ed. LOCH and he had a chance to clear things up. Either by explaining how it
    was lost or why Yi Deng couldn't master it (that would be cannon fodder for the
    DGSD 3rd rates > LOCH Greats crowd though) but he didn't see fit to.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think it's just a chronological issue. Jin Yong would've had to re-write a lot of Shediao to include 6MSJ since he thought up that skill much later when writing Tianlong.

Maybe he'll make another whacky revision in the future a la that whole 9 yin and 9 yang craziness he thought up with WCY and that random monk. Does anyone else think that JY with all these revisions is quite similar to how George Lucas is changing the ending of Return of the Jedi to include Hayden Christensen's mug over the old collage of Anakin, Obi Wan, and Yoda?

Bliss, have you read the third editions? I mean I think all of them worked out very nicely. (My opinion and shared by many others who read edition 3). There are a few things which I don't really agree with and find redundant. In fact only 2 things, but those are very small things hardly noticeable.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena
    Bliss, have you read the third editions? I mean I think all of them worked out very nicely. (My opinion and shared by many others who read edition 3). There are a few things which I don't really agree with and find redundant. In fact only 2 things, but those are very small things hardly noticeable.
    Hi Athena,

I've been dragging a lot of threads way off topic lately ... I'll go post my response in the Changes in the Third Edition thread ... don't wanna make Ken's job any harder for him!
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Winning would be the last thing on WCY's mind. He would be running for his life!
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Even if Yideng had 6MSJ manual available, did he have the ability to learn all of it?

The 6 monks only learned one each. Maybe Yideng, given more time and internal energy, could learn 2-3.

Probably enough to defeat the rest? Remember at pre-LOCH he was much weaker than at end of ROCH.

Yideng had reached the pinnacle of Yi Yang Zhi by ROCH. That tells me his Yi Yang Zhi was better than anyone else's before him because no one else has been described as having done so. I think he would have been able to understand and learn 6MSJ as easily as Wong Chongyang understood 9Ying.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 08-10-05 at 06:57 PM.

I seem to remember from the opening 5mins of ROCH 95' that some Dali monk shouting '6MSJ' then firing rainbowed colored lasers at LMC. But i'm guessing that has nothing to do with the novel and its TVB rubbish right?
    If You Love something, Let it Go...
    If It Comes Back Then It's Yours...
    If It Doesn't Then It Never Was...

Quote Originally Posted by allunderheaven
    I seem to remember from the opening 5mins of ROCH 95' that some Dali monk shouting '6MSJ' then firing rainbowed colored lasers at LMC. But i'm guessing that has nothing to do with the novel and its TVB rubbish right?
    Yeah it is. One thing though, although TVB likes to show Yi Yang Zhi as some
    rainbow beam projecting from the finger and gets a lot of flak and accusations of
    it maing YYZ looking like a 6MSJ 'laserbeam', its not really 'inaccurate'.

After all Yi Deng did 'shoot' out YYZ long distance attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    Yideng had reached the pinnacle of Yi Yang Zhi by ROCH. That tells me his Yi Yang Zhi was better than anyone else's before him because no one else has been described as having done so. I think he would have been able to understand and learn 6MSJ as easily as Wong Chongyang understood 9Ying.
    Yes by ROCH...I was talking about 1st Huashan lunjian, so thats 50+ years before it was stated he obtained the so called "highest lvl". We are not sure if TLBB monks achieved that or not.

From waht I can remember, learning the whole 6mSJ required possession of copious amounts of internal energy. Did Yideng in 1st HSLJ have more energy than the likes of Kurong?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

it's possible that 6msj was revised during the time before roch and merged as one skill with yiyang finger, and if you have enough energy, then you can use it. it's a matter of progress. during dgsd, XF didn't think yiyang finger was that great, but during roch, it was on par with the revised(and improved) dragon subdueing palms. so yiyang finger may have been improved as well.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

6msj is very different to 1YZ.

the so called lvl1 or improved 1YZ may have incorporated 6msj certian points or ideas through DY (assuming he learned 1YZ), but thats just speculation.

merging is unlikely, 6msj uses 6 fingers, each with different characteristics associated with the finger, how can you combine that into 1? and why would you name 6msj+1yz as 'improved 1yz', you would some how use 6msj in the name,

Still reckon no one in ROCH/LOCH had enough internal energy to use complete 6msj.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz

Still reckon no one in ROCH/LOCH had enough internal energy to use complete 6msj.
    I'm pretty sure there were quite a few characters who had more than enough internal energy to master 6MSJ
    Yo momma cat

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    6msj is very different to 1YZ.

the so called lvl1 or improved 1YZ may have incorporated 6msj certian points or ideas through DY (assuming he learned 1YZ), but thats just speculation.

merging is unlikely, 6msj uses 6 fingers, each with different characteristics associated with the finger, how can you combine that into 1? and why would you name 6msj+1yz as 'improved 1yz', you would some how use 6msj in the name,

Really? The 6 in 6MSJ doesnt refer to fingers you know... Mai is pulse, not finger.

Assuming u r correct.... 6 fingers on 1 hand? 5 + 1? 4 + 2? 3 + 3?
    I wish people would back their assertions about facts with facts.

Just because something is your opinion, doesnt necessarily make it true.

I would think the likes of Yi Deng should have ample energy to use 6MSJ.

Another thing, Duan Zhengming should have been able to learn at least '1'
    sword like the 6 monks as well. Wonder if he learnt it after he became a monk.

Unlike DY, he should have the sense of responsibility and duty to try to ensure
    that 6MSJ is not lost.