Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: War And Destiny 《亂世佳人》

Overall, the drama wasn't too bad however ***SPOILERS****:

- the ending - another disappointing ending - like LG we are given no explanation to what happened to Sunny during those missing years - he returns looking exactly the same and we never find out what happened all those years...this is what i think: Sunny was either 1) working with the government and thus could not come back and he didn't want to put Myolie in danger anymore 2) he was hiding from the japanese troops because he knew that if he came back everybody who was connected to him would be put in grave danger including Myo - and he didn't want another woman he loved to be killed by Japanese troops (but then the Japanese troops could still threaten and intimidate Myo and her family since they knew her connection with Sunny and even if he didn't return, it wouldn't made any difference) - but still this theory is semi-plausible 3) could've just lost his memory...

i wish we were given an explanation - not just witness the Sunolie reunion.

Couple-wise, i reckon Sunolie had really good chemistry even with the age difference and i felt that Leila and Ron didn't have that much chemistry - actually, i don't think they make a good couple...but that's just my opinion

my fingers are getting tired now

And yup Cherrie Im just done with the series and as promised and usual, I've come back to provide the spoilers for the final ending

**SPOILERS**

sigh.. another rushed ending to a wonderful TVB series. For some reason, Im NOT pleased with the ending. I prefer happy endings like everybody gathering together for a new year's meal and clinking their glasses too bad Im not a scriptwriter or a director

CHERRIE I TOLD YOU! I KNEW Sunny shot Jan Sing to end his suffering! HA! But Im still so saddened over his death To tell you the truth, I liked Jan Sing and the actor that portrayed him. I liked this newcomer and his acting was not bad. Haha seems like War & Destiny had a fun time cleaning out some of the characters there eh.

So before I go on with the other stuff that happened, let me rant on a bit more about Jan Sing. WHY DID THEY KILL HIM OFF It really sucks this happened I knew he would die.. but I was really hoping for him to end up happily with Oi Yee. Although they never got together but just how Jan Sing was so nice and sweet to her just makes me go "aww". I know Oi Yee loves him and it was so sad to see her crying for him. GRRRRRRRRR!! And if you ask me, his dad was so fake in his crying and sympathy. I never really took notice in this actor much but just the way he was mourning for his son I still think he could've put more emotions into it.

Anyways.. sucks too bad Sum Yi Ping or Mandy died : ( I really grew to like this character and she was really pretty, although Mandy really couldn't act. But hey- let's give her some time.

Did I mention I HATE Ellesmere Choi here??! What a coward and he just HAD to spoil everything all the time : ( I still dont understand how the hell did it take so long and like a couple of deaths to find out he's the real traitor and culprit? He deserved the ending he got and it was just freaky how psycho he turned. He does realize he was the one leading to Mandy's death.. and how he was blaming Sunny when I practically cant find a reason why her death is related to him.. And I knew long ago he was the traitor/ Jap. dog..

Hahaa Im happy for Ron and Leila : ) That's sweet and Im glad for this couple as they could finally be together. So Im wondering- is Tin Ming called "Koo Tin Ming" or "Tin Tin Ming" because the 2nd one sure would be weird :S

As for everybody's favorite couple - "Sunnolie" .. Im glad Sunny didnt die heh and that Myolie waited and believed all these years he's not dead and he would come back. GO SUNNY & MYOLIE aka. "Sunnolie" ! And Myolie also looked very pretty at the end with long hair.. because thank god Im sooo sick of her hairstyle in this series besides at the beginning when she had the braids.

I still think they could've been more detailed at the last half of the last episode. I think that TVB could seriously try to work on their endings, become more detailed, cut out the useless stuff or expand their episodes if they must.. instead of rushing and cramming everything important at the end. But whatever. You know I was real interested in seeing Tin Ming talk and grown up. He's really as good as mute in the series.

And I was expecting much more happy details and things to happen at the end instead of just giving us a simple notification. Im still glad though that Sunny did not die, came back to see Myolie at the swing he built for her in the garden years ago and both of them hugging when they got back together.
    But I wanted and Im sure everyone else- wanted more, looked forward than just a simple reunion and hug. Grrrrr so stupid..

Overall, I don't want to get too much into this rather disappointing ending to such an intense, captivating and awesome series. What can I say? Another rushed execution by TVB. But despite the disappointment ending, this series is really really good. Highly recommended and you do not want to miss out!
    Last edited by Kiss7; 08-19-06 at 05:51 AM.

sigh emily you've already said everything in my mind...need to say more?
    well just some addition...
    i would like to see more of oi yee and jan seng too. seems that there's something blossoming between them, but then again, it's all cut off
    and sigh they should have at least happened what happened to sunny! would a couple of sentences hurt?!?!
    and i just can't believe how they just killed off sek sau like that...way too easy.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I know .. Oi Yee and Jan Sing was a cute blossoming.. I felt so sad for her when she was crying for him.

i dont like the RL scenes their quite boring and with the 1000 cranes and how he came to disturb her with his feelings...i like SM scenes wayyyy better everytime they have a scene i get excited even though its only talking but how their holding hands is sooo cute and everything, and i loved this couple from the start wishing what episode will they be together and when will the kiss show up and all that, and then ending of this episode was the best...it ended with myolie and sunny hugging ^^ and its kinda sad how its over, i'll miss it...and it was kinda dumb of mandy to run across the field when their is a gun fight going on. she just runs across without thinking like what if sek sau or his assistant just fires at her?? she'd die right away. and i agree with sufan she could've said her nailpolish gun was for protection to cover up herself as a spy and she looked weird when she got shot down, and in episode 28 where noone can replace sunny or something she waved her finger, that was a bit odd and her mouth looked weird too. i was laughing at that part
    Last edited by fudge; 08-19-06 at 10:53 PM.

Finished...the cast in this serie was good--however, the story had many things that didn't make sense..I thought the storyline was a little weak..I do think that this was more about relationships than anything...

First of all,

1. From the begining movie, with the secret messages in the pens, sunny has been working with that "teacher" for anti-japanese activities. Yet Mandy didn't know that..yet she was working with the same "teacher" as well. Mandy didn't know Sunny was part of this so why in the world did Mandy confide with sunny with these things? how did they meet? And sunny was already part of anti-jap stratey but then during the whole part where the japanese went into church to kill the chinese, he asked Mandy to join in her group---if he wasn't parto f this--why did the "teacher" give him secret pens...

2. I still don't see the point of sunny having a dead wife---if the japanese was so cruel to kill people who couldn't quickly bring out identificaiton than they should have killed off eveyrone including sunny in that hotel--

3. last scene of seksau where he didn't believe ellesmere saying that sunny found ron---till that moment he didn't even know sunny was anti-jap---
    where was seksau going? and how did sunny know to find him at that "airport"--
    did i miss something, did ellesmier say something?

4. the whole ellesmoir obsession with mandy was just so "sudden"--to the point that he was liek a crazy--having all those pictures of her in his house--seemed a bit "modern" (like in a modern series where cops tried to find clues to a crazy man who was obsessed with kiling or raping women)--

5. and if sunny didn't die in the plane crash--how about seksau? nothing to say that ron missed his dad--he was starting to care for his dad--

6. Ron should be slapped in that scene where he tells leila that he thought he'd care about lmyolie "changing" hearts but he didn't---and that to him myoleie is just a very very normal friend--I find that makes no sense--ie--i thought he knew from the beginning that he didn't love myolie the way he loved leila that she was just a sister--but still myolie can't just be a "normal "friend--both of them grew up together he cared very much for her and in the beginning he wanted myolie to leave with him and said he would go anywhere with myolie and he even risked his life to find myolie-- but for him to say that myolie is just a normal friend--is just "duh"--she's just not a very good friend--but a very beloved sister---I felt the later states of how TVB depicted the ron and myolie relationship wasn't done well--as if they were "strangers"---they grew up together--that relationship isn't a normal friend..and again duh to ron's acting--no emotions when he risked his life to find myolie but when he saw her--no emotions..

yeah that scene with mandy sticking her finger out--duh--poor acting..reminded me of bruce lee scenes---she was inconsistent in her acting with ellesmiere

overall i'd give this series a 6.8 out of 10 but great acting from sunny, seksau, leila, and even the sisters--just loved watching the pretty outfits..I kind of expected more though---

well enough blahing on my end...duh i took up too much space...

Quote Originally Posted by sufan
    3. last scene of seksau where he didn't believe ellesmere saying that sunny found ron---till that moment he didn't even know sunny was anti-jap---
    where was seksau going? and how did sunny know to find him at that "airport"--
    did i miss something, did ellesmier say something?
    If I am not wrong, since the Chinese found out about the factory, Seksau was going to send the virus to the frontline, that's why he was in hurry to go to the airport.

^ what p1y0 said. The Chinese found out about the factory but luckily for them the virus wasnt damaged so he was in a hurry to send it to the frontline in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7
    ^ what p1y0 said. The Chinese found out about the factory but luckily for them the virus wasnt damaged so he was in a hurry to send it to the frontline in time.
    Thanks Kiss... that explains better what i mean

I hope they show this series in HK soon, so it can be part of this year series, and Sunny can win the best actor. His acting is really good here

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7

thank you! to both! I must have missed the part of how sunny knew about that...

thank you! to both! I must have missed the part of how sunny knew about that...
    I wasn't really watching too, i just watched the part where he told Myolie about the "soy sauce" factory that he went and discovered it was guarded and surrounded by trees with white flowers that Yiping told him earlier on about where seksau went. That's why he think the factory must be where the virus lab is.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    sigh emily you've already said everything in my mind...need to say more?
    well just some addition...
    i would like to see more of oi yee and jan seng too. seems that there's something blossoming between them, but then again, it's all cut off
    and sigh they should have at least happened what happened to sunny! would a couple of sentences hurt?!?!
    and i just can't believe how they just killed off sek sau like that...way too easy.
    Yeam I thought the ending was a bit too sudden. I think they should have explained more on Sek Sau and Sunny and the plane crash. I mean 8 years have passed before sunny came back.. they could do an entire series just about what happened to sunny those 8 years! I jsut wished they had more closure to that part of the story.
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

wow i didn't realize that it was 8 years---you know that last scene seemed more like a "dream" that myolie had...

i did see that part about sunny finding out factory but i didn't understand how he knew seksau was going to airport..

the ending really messed up the series i thought...it wouldn't help to put one my chapter out there--make it 31---what in the world tvb thinking?

sigh...maybe they should do a different ending (like lfd)

but the fact that they have this series come out first overseas--and many people may know the story, ending..wonder when it comes out in hong kong if it has an affect on ratings?

i think the RL ending is way more realistic then teh SM ending...like TVB didn't explain wat happened to sunny all those years...? :S..but overall it was so great sereis...i just hope TVB will stop rushing the endings..

wow i didn't realize that it was 8 years---you know that last scene seemed more like a "dream" that myolie had...

sigh...maybe they should do a different ending (like lfd)
    Somehow the ending seemed like a dream to me too... i am disappointed with the way they cut short the ending, but then maybe this is the happy ending...

TVB tend to give stupid sad ending, another ending might be it's just a dream, or Myolie will keep waiting like HH1 and AR4...

is it just me or did myo sound a lil psyco at the end..lol..i dunno ..sumting juts didn't sound right..

I'm finally at the part where myo found out that all along it has been leila whom ron really loves. She was so sad n angry that she gave him a tight slap. She does a really great job in this scene n I really feel so sad here n wish I were in it adding in 1 more slap n a punch on Ron stomach for her. I too feel he's too much, keeps on harping tat he's going to take care of her but he never really likes her at all. He will go all out to help leila when she's in trouble but for myolie........ it's always sunny to the rescue.

Seems like sunny is really d sun in myolie's life. Love d part he tries to make pillow for myo. when myo saw d pillow she exclaimed the d needlework looks bad n sunny trying to make up excuses to cover that he's d one doing the sewing. N another part where he n myolie in the swing, he actually vomits n myo laugh at him. She still trying to fan him when thery returns n he told her it ok there's no need to cos he recovers already.
    Last edited by melodyntacky; 08-23-06 at 02:34 AM.

hey guys i just finished the ending last night i seriously felt that again the ending dissapoint all of us but come to thinkof it at least it was better then DOP that was ridiculous

come to think of it i think the ending between RL was reasonable buti din understand why out of so many occupations RON choose to be a **** farmer????? dude hes probably rich and could probablyt be a good business man and btw Tin Ming defianetly did not look more then 5 yeaqrs old this therefore meant that the age gap does not add up

erm as for all the other women apart from myolie and leila it seems like none of them grew up and erm u know mature they look the same as before

now comin to SM the endin was a bit wierd i felt thatit was a dream more then a reality..............they could have made it more defianate and likesomeone said sunny look the same

and one more thing thati felt like pointing out if sunny did not die from a gun shot then how could leila possibly die from just a knock and have a kidney;s exploded........... franklyin this series there are a lot of plots where they don;tmatch up

overall i felt that the RL relationshipcould have been explored between especially they should have done some kissing scenes and erm if they were together in the end howcome they didn;thave kids???

inconclusion i would give this series a 8/10

what do u guys think?
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

wow icebrakerz you gave a high rating..I had a whole thing in a previous post--I 'd give it 6.8 out of 1o---toom any things don't make sense..

yeah how can sunny get gunshot--never showed how he got the bullet out--he got it out himself? gees...yeah too many non-make sense things

but still loved watching sunny and myolie and leila....even the older sister..
    Last edited by sufan; 08-23-06 at 10:07 PM.

omg sufan my thoughts exactly EXCEPT that I'd give it a 6.8/10. I'd probably give it an 8 too since I liked it a lot anyway ..

I know it never showed how he got the bullet out I was wondering was it just stuck inside or did he get it out later on but they never told us after. And same I loved Sunny, Myolie, Leila - heck even Ron and Im surprised theres actually someone else here who doesnt mind the older sister too! I kinda like Charmaine Li too and after the big wife changed I dont mind her as well. If theres someone here I hate - itd probably be Lit Wun San and Ellesmere in a way. I like Ellesmere the actor but Lee Shing Hon gets on my nerves later on when he spoils everything