Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: War And Destiny 《亂世佳人》

Default War And Destiny 《亂世佳人》

New series about Myolie caught in love between Ron and Sunny. Myolie being a child born out of wedlock and trying to find her father who turns out to be rich with 4 wives and Leila being 1 of them.

Sunny caught in between being a spy and love triangle with Myolie and Ron. Also Nancy being secretly admiring him from afar.

Ron in love triangle between Myolie and Sunny. Ron falling for Leila who is also one of Myolie's stepmothers.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-30-08 at 05:53 PM.

hey u made a little mistake..

the series is temporarely called "Turbulent Times of A Beauty"
    and the main cast:

Sunny Chan
    Myolie Wu
    Ron Ng
    Leila Tong
    Mandy Cho not Nancy Wu.

tell me more about it

Sorry ... u r right.

Myolie Attacked by Caterpillar
    TVB's new series "Troubled Times" was filming in the rural areas earlier and during the filming a refugee scene where the cast had to sit on the ground, a long caterpillar crawled up Myolie Wu's trousers into her sensitive regions, scaring her so much she jumped up and screamed. Then she said rather shocked: "Luckily I had some shorts on under my long trousers, otherwise it would have been awful!"

With the extremely hot weather warnings, fellow cast member Leila Tong found that it was difficult being a loving mother. She plays Lau Dan's fourth wife in the series and wearing a thick costume, she had to carry a baby as she ran and it was very hard work! Leila says: "It was so hot I felt like I was melting! Before the shoot, the baby stayed in the air-conditioned car, otherwise it would be susceptible to sunstroke."

"Troubled Times" filming
    Myolie Wu and Ron Ng were filming earlier for new series "Troubled Times", where Ron appeared with a dopey hairstyle. He said: "In the show, I play a rural village boy and this is the first time I have tried this hairstyle. It is very unstylish and 'potato' and it gives me the feeling of being very cramped." He reveals that when he was in primary school, he had a crush on a girl, but he did not ask her on a date.

Myolie revealed that when she was studying in the UK, she had a crush on a foreign teaching assistant: "I gave him a birthday card, but I did not use this to get close to him. He knew I liked him, but nothing came of it because he did not like me and then I returned to Hong Kong."

'Troubled World' Costume Fitting
    Sek Sau, Myolie Wu, Sunny Chan, Mandy Cho, and Ron Ng attended the blessing ceremony for “Troubled World’s” last day, and on location it was noticed that Sunny had grew a mustache, his image becoming more dashing and sophisticated. He says that he has to use ten minutes each day to care for his mustache, but his wife says that he looks like a pervert! Speaking of his forceful kiss with Myolie in the series, Sunny says that he has not yet finished reading the entire script, and Myolie says that she has never kissed a man with a mustache, so she can treat it as a new experience!

Standing with them, Ron upon hearing that the two have a kissing scene immediately says that he is envious, but since he can’t kiss anyone, seeing others kiss is good too! He mentions that in his earlier series he got to kiss Shirley, and that feeling was comfortable, and it was most uncomfortable to kiss Leila, because they were both strung on wires in mid-air, and he even made fun of her, saying that her facial hair pricked him!

Mandy Sings Again
    Having showed off her singing skills during the Miss Hong Kong Pageant, Mandy Cho's singing voice is rather mediocre, but she has been invited to sing some of the songs to new series "Turbulent Times" because she plays a singer in the show. Asked if she thinks she can handle the part, Mandy smiles: "I am okay! I sing my own songs in the show and I have to sing and dance at the same time." Although Mandy is busy filming at the moment, she has been keeping an eye on the news of this year's Miss Hong Kong Pageant and asked what she thinks of her successors, she says: "The standards of the girls is quite high. This year is great, not only can we watch the girls on Miss Hong Kong, but we can also check out the guys in Mr Hong Kong. With both male and female contestants, this should be a lot of fun!"

Default "Turbulent Times of a Beauty" Myolie, Ron, Sunny, Leila and Mandy

New series about Myolie caught in love between Ron and Sunny. Myolie being a child born out of wedlock and trying to find her father who turns out to be rich with 4 wives and Leila being 1 of them.

Sunny caught in between being a spy and love triangle with Myolie and Ron. Also Nancy being secretly admiring him from afar.

Ron in love triangle between Myolie and Sunny. Ron falling for Leila who is also one of Myolie's stepmothers.

Myolie Attacked by Caterpillar
    TVB's new series "Troubled Times" was filming in the rural areas earlier and during the filming a refugee scene where the cast had to sit on the ground, a long caterpillar crawled up Myolie Wu's trousers into her sensitive regions, scaring her so much she jumped up and screamed. Then she said rather shocked: "Luckily I had some shorts on under my long trousers, otherwise it would have been awful!"

With the extremely hot weather warnings, fellow cast member Leila Tong found that it was difficult being a loving mother. She plays Lau Dan's fourth wife in the series and wearing a thick costume, she had to carry a baby as she ran and it was very hard work! Leila says: "It was so hot I felt like I was melting! Before the shoot, the baby stayed in the air-conditioned car, otherwise it would be susceptible to sunstroke."

"Troubled Times" filming
    Myolie Wu and Ron Ng were filming earlier for new series "Troubled Times", where Ron appeared with a dopey hairstyle. He said: "In the show, I play a rural village boy and this is the first time I have tried this hairstyle. It is very unstylish and 'potato' and it gives me the feeling of being very cramped." He reveals that when he was in primary school, he had a crush on a girl, but he did not ask her on a date.

Myolie revealed that when she was studying in the UK, she had a crush on a foreign teaching assistant: "I gave him a birthday card, but I did not use this to get close to him. He knew I liked him, but nothing came of it because he did not like me and then I returned to Hong Kong."

'Troubled World' Costume Fitting
    Sek Sau, Myolie Wu, Sunny Chan, Mandy Cho, and Ron Ng attended the blessing ceremony for “Troubled World’s” last day, and on location it was noticed that Sunny had grew a mustache, his image becoming more dashing and sophisticated. He says that he has to use ten minutes each day to care for his mustache, but his wife says that he looks like a pervert! Speaking of his forceful kiss with Myolie in the series, Sunny says that he has not yet finished reading the entire script, and Myolie says that she has never kissed a man with a mustache, so she can treat it as a new experience!

Standing with them, Ron upon hearing that the two have a kissing scene immediately says that he is envious, but since he can’t kiss anyone, seeing others kiss is good too! He mentions that in his earlier series he got to kiss Shirley, and that feeling was comfortable, and it was most uncomfortable to kiss Leila, because they were both strung on wires in mid-air, and he even made fun of her, saying that her facial hair pricked him!

Mandy Sings Again
    Having showed off her singing skills during the Miss Hong Kong Pageant, Mandy Cho's singing voice is rather mediocre, but she has been invited to sing some of the songs to new series "Turbulent Times" because she plays a singer in the show. Asked if she thinks she can handle the part, Mandy smiles: "I am okay! I sing my own songs in the show and I have to sing and dance at the same time." Although Mandy is busy filming at the moment, she has been keeping an eye on the news of this year's Miss Hong Kong Pageant and asked what she thinks of her successors, she says: "The standards of the girls is quite high. This year is great, not only can we watch the girls on Miss Hong Kong, but we can also check out the guys in Mr Hong Kong. With both male and female contestants, this should be a lot of fun!"

what is the chinese title of this new series?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I think it is called "Gone with the Wind" ????

"亂世佳人" is the chinese name...

oh thanks!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

So whats up with this series? any pics of it yet?

New Series 'Turbulent Times'
    TVB’s new series “Turbulent Times of a Beauty” had their costume fitting last day, cast members taking part in the event consisting of Ron Ng, Myolie Wu, Sunny Chan, Mandy Cho, and Leila Tong. The series takes place in the setting of 1920s to 1930s. Myolie portrays the illegitimate daughter of a wealthy man, suffering hardships since youth. Having a complicated relationship, she is caught between Ron and Sunny, her fate resembling a pirated version of “Jewel in the Palace”.

This is the first time Myolie has cooperated with Sunny, and she believes that it will be refreshing. As for her other co-star, Ron, having cooperated before, it is the same as Kenneth, not having had rumors with her yet. Asking her if she is worried that this time she will have rumors with Ron. Myolie laughingly says, “This time I will for sure not get a ride from him, I’ll just take a taxi. Besides there are so many girls in the series, he might not pick me!” She admits that she doesn’t want any more rumors because she doesn’t want others to start thinking that she is irresponsible in relationships.

Mandy portrays a singer in “Turbulent Times of a Beauty”, but in actuality her character is a patriotic spy, and is also the superintendent to Sunny’s spy character, and will secretly have a crush on him. To perform her character better, she is now starting to learn to sing songs from the era.

Since Mandy and Sunny’s age are rather distant, asked her if in reality she would like mature men, Mandy expresses that she does in fact prefer men who are more mature and steady. As well, they would have both demeanor and charm. Asked which of the male cast members meet these two standards, she graciously says that, “All the male cast members in this series meets this criteria.”

As for Ron in the series who has a painfully bitter love with Lau Dan’s fourth wife Leila, was asked what he thought of being labeled as “wife stealer”. Ron explains, “In the series, Leila is sold to be his wife, and I started off pitying her, but ended up loving her.” Asked if he were afraid of waiting for her to eat would cause another rumor between them, he responds, “Not anymore! Eating together is a very normal thing, but I will try to eat with a group of people now.”

http://www.tvbspacenews.org.uk/18_300705/roundup.html

to see Myolie & Ron in costume for this series check out the web links...

Myolie Wu Secretly Meets Bosco Wong?

Yesterday, Myolie Wu and Ron Ng were filming for the series, "Turbulent Times of a Beauty." In that scene, the two are supposed to be in an arguement, but in real life, both Ron and Myolie are good friends and can carry jokes and laughter between them. There were reports saying that both Ron and Myolie are being highly promoted by TVB, and hence, they have been more [weary of their actions] when they were filming (not too sure on how to translate that). Ron responded, "No. The magazines just made the stuff up. We filmed together before... Why would we need to be more [weary of our actions] ?"

In addiction, even though Myolie Wu has announced that she has a boyfriend outside of the entertainment circle, rumors continue to encircle her. Recently, there are rumors pointing that Myolie Wu is secretly meeting Bosco Wong near her house. When Myolie heard of this, she laughed and said, "Again? Last time, they used the same trick with Sammul Chan! I am only friends with Bosco. We would come out for dinner, but it's definitely not the love-relationship type. I'll just take it as a promotion for "War of In-Laws." (Is he your type?) "I never thought about this before."

Also, the high school examation results are released today. An average student, Ron Ng, said, "I hope the students who didn't do well won't be affected too much. The exam is only a small part of your life." Meanwhile, Myolie Wu encouraged the students, "When I was in England and took a similar exam, I only got 5 A's, 3 B's and 2 C's. Even though studying in school in Hong Kong is hard, I think students should have some fun so they can balance the work load. Students just have to find their goals and work toward them. I didn't even graduate from college!"

Default Myolie's & Ron's scene

Myolie Wu and Ron Ng were in TVB City yesterday to film a scene for their new series "Turbulent Times of A Beauty". The scene was about Sunny Chan tricking Myolie’s father’s life savings. Myolie then went to beg Sunny to spare her dad but he made her kneel in the rain in order for him to consider her words. For this scene, not only did Myolie have to kneel for six hours long, but she was drenched as well from the rain. Myolie did preparation beforehand and put plastic inside her costume to avoid being soaked in and out. Although she had to kneel for six hours, Myolie acted very professional and said that she was able to accept it and that it wasn’t too difficult.

The cast of "Turbulent Times of A Beauty" will head out to Nanking soon for other outdoor scenes. When it was mentioned that some of the pork in Sei Choon was found to be infected, Myolie was a bit worried and said, “I don’t know what we could eat besides pork. I don’t eat lamb. I guess we will have to be

Default Myolie embarrassed & Ron Awkwardness

Myolie Causes Ron to be Embarrassed

Myolie's series ar eairing one after another, and her rumors also come one after another. After the 'changing pants in the same car' incident with Sammul, there was the Bosco sending her home rumor. A worker stated that after these 2 rumors, Myolie was immediately questioned [by company] and they told her to "be careful, don't let reporters have any more chances to write stuff."
    Myolie really did listen, and now, while filming TTOAB, she kept her distance between the male lead, Ron, and her.

Myolie and Ron a year ago worked together while filming TITS. They are really close friends but still had some things to talk about. One day while filming outside, it was 33 degrees celcius and Myolie was hot and sweating. Ron was holding the script and helping to fan her, but Myolie responded, "Okay, I'm not hot!" And then walked away, leaving Ron embaressed/awkward.

The playful Ron is 'the star of rumors', it's hard to blame Myolie to be so afraid!

Caption under the first picture...
    Ron was being kind and helped fan Myolie, only to receive a time of being embaressed. Other then when they have to film, the whole time Myolie kept her distance with Ron.

sometimes those rumors can really be destructive. see? two friends can't really get along so close because they might be made items in the headlines of entertainment news
    cherrie