Thread: The Book of No Words *Ancient FanFic*

Default The Book of No Words *Ancient FanFic*

Hi everyone! This is lik my very very very first fanfic. So show some support and giv a comment or something. U know some advice... I suck at fighting parts so don't expect some awesome kung fu skills in here. After all I'm not Gu Long or Jing Yong. Actually I'm no where close to them. Lik way~ far behind. This fanfic is lik written a many months ago so I'll post up alot of chap since I don't need to write it as I go. LoL
    CAST:
    Su You Peng (Alec)
    Jia Jing Wen (Alyssa)
    Jia Xue Fong (Made Up)
    Lin Jie Chang (Made Up)
    Lin Shing Er (Ruby)
    Yuan Yuan (GYY)
    Zi Yong (Made Up)
    Enjoy and don't forget to comment.
    http://6xing.net <-Visit US!

Default Chapter 1

The very first chapter of this super super long story.
    ............The leaves from nearby trees were blown off limbs and scattered amist all the comotion and pools of blood upon the ground. The wind continued to howled nonetheless. The sharp and restless clangs of swords could be heard above all the other sounds for a mile around. There were startled cries of pain and useless pleads of mercy amoung the fast-falling men. Yet, they kept on falling one by one.
    ............Within the ring of falling and screaming men, the veiled enemy resumed her flight towards the entrance, killing and slaying all that stood between. The horid scene she created, nonetheless, was impressive; one against an entire sect.
    ............Behind the elegantly carved wooden door beyond the entrance, they watched, half in awe and half in terror. The moment they've been waiting for had finally arived, they knew it was coming, the door gave away and in flooded a disorganized mass of people. The cry of a startled female captured the attention of the majority within the room. She shivered as the piercing edge of the cold blade was carefully placed against her throat.
    ............"Give me the book!" The intruder demanded with an out-stretched hand, the other holding a sword against her captive's throat. "Su You Peng, you don't want anything to happen to her do you?" She warned as their eyes met for the first time.
    ............He was impressed at the fact that it was a single female who had gotten past over half of his sect, but he was sure and confidence about one thing, she wasn't going to get pass him. With such mastery of the skills, to him, it was a pity that she was using it for the wrong purpose.
    ............The occupants of the room including the elders stood still and silent, awaited his reaction. He took a step forward, but stopped when Shing Er gasped as the piercing blade brushed against her throat. The veiled female took a cautious step back when she saw him place his hand on the hilt of the sword that was placed on the table besides him. Taking a nervous glance over her shoulder she could see that her exit was blocked. The remainder of the sect started to form a ring around her.
    ............Shing Er noticing that her captor’s attention was elsewhere, seized the opportunity and disarmed her, therefore, freeing herself.
    ............Jing Wen reached for her sword that was knocked out of her grip, but she wasn't quick enough. Before she knew it You Peng, who stood just a few steps before her had her own sword against her throat. She had never been so humiliated. She didn't come this far to have her own sword used against her. Standing there enraged, yet powerless against her opponent. Her eyes burned as hot tears tried to escape. “What are you waiting for?” Barely above a whisper, her shaking voice betrayed her disguise as a fearless person. ’There’s no point in going back anyway.’ She thought bitterly as she slowly closed her eyes awaiting the end that would come with a swing of her own sword.
    ............It never came. You Peng never expected that he would be sympathizing her; someone who deserved nothing but death. Yet there he stood with his hand tightly gripping her sword, which he had placed against her throat, but finding himself hesitant to use it.
    ............It seemed as if hours had went by since someone had said or done anything. Jing Wen was just as curious as anyone as to why he was hesitating to kill her, he had every reason to, but what was the reason for a pause? They waited with held breaths. At the moment, the Elders of the sect had started to whisper to one another. Murmurs could be heard from the small crowd around them, which grew into a soft chant; growing louder as time went by. "Kill her! Avenge our fallen brothers!" Jing Wen waited for the blade to come down on her.
    ............The chants pressured You Peng to make up his decision. Just as he was about to act it out, a single stone followed by a gust of wind came soaring in at blinding speed. Immediately, the two disciples that stood before the entrance--- who couldn’t avoid it in time, collapsed onto the ground. Proceeding on it’s way, the stone knocked the sword out of his grip.
    ............A man that looked a little past middle age approached them. Taking a look around the room, he chuckled as he stroked his beard. “It’s been awhile since I’ve been here. 20 years…” Cautiously everyone made path for him.
    ............“So…The turtle has finally stuck it’s head out it’s shell.” His humorous expression turned into one of utmost despise. “Jia Xue Fong, What do you want! You are not welcomed here!”
    ............The man chuckled again, “That’s a good one, 7th Brother! You should already know what I’m back for. And you,” he turned to face You Peng, “you must be 2nd Brother’s successor. Young Master Su You Peng, right? If your father was still here he’d be happy. They have trained you well, but I see they have left out chivalry .” He raised his voice, “Never, never strike a lady.”
    ............Jing Wen quickly grabbed her sword that was on the ground and scurried behind the him, lowering her head and muttering a “Sorry I failed you.”
    ............He shook his head in mock disappointment. “Silly Child, I asked you if you need any help, but how did you answer me? You told me that you could finish off the entire sect with little effort. Let‘s go.” He shook his head again and took her by her arm, leading her away.
    ............She pouted as he led her out. ’Did father really need to rub it in my face?’
    ............Before disappearing, he turned ever so slightly and hollered “The Turtle shall stick it’s head out again.” and laughed.
    ............Everyone remained rooted to their spot long after they left. 7th Brother, who was the first to regain his conciousness, started to instruct the members of the sect to clear up the long forgotten battlefield. He then walked out toward the courtyard.
    ............A few hours later, You Peng finds himself strolling back and forth before the entrance of the garden inside the Tang. He finally made up his decision and entered, he walked toward 7th Xie Shu’s room.

............The lights were dim, a single candle burned on the center of a table. There sat 7th Brother, it appeared he had expected You Peng’s arrival.
    ............“Xie Shu….” You Peng tapped the door.
    ............“Come in.”
    ............You Peng opened the door and slipped in then closing the door.
    ............“Do you recall how you first became the leader of this sect?” 7th Brother asked.
    ............He nodded.
    *............*............*............* ............*

............It was carved in the most intricate of patterns, pale green like mossy lichen at daybreak: smooth and glossy. The detailed forms of a dragon intertwined with a phoenix glistened as the small piece of jade was handed to him. It was the emblem of the leader of the cult. The proud symbol of Fong Yien Pi, and now it is up to him, Su You Peng to live up to it’s quo. All beyond the Tang immediately dropped to their knees and bowed and cheered to their new leader. Silence fell upon the room and for a minute it didn’t lift. All eyes were upon him.
    ............That very day You Peng was trusted with the most serious responsibility, the most secret of secrets: the Wu Zhi Jing. It was more of an errand than a mere secret.
    ............“‘None know of it’s existence save for a selected few from the sect. None have ever read from it and none ever will unless its whereabouts are made known by you. Protect it with you’re life, and never…Never look upon it‘s contents.” Xie Shu had said. His voice lowered to an almost unrecognizable tone. It was as if someone else spoke through him. It chilled his blood.

*............*............*............* ............*

............“The Wu Zhi Jing….”You Peng started, not knowing how to form his question, “I recall you saying to me: ‘None know of it’s existence save for a selected few from the sect. None have ever read from it and none ever will unless its whereabouts are made known by you.’ If that is so, then how….?” You Peng was cut off in mid-sentence once again.
    ............7th Brother sighed, “It was 22 years ago……”

..................The sun had sunk low into the horizon. It’s last rays escaped between jagged peaks on and around Fong Yien Shan. The sky was a brilliant flaming red. Every inch of woodland was bathed in its golden glow.
    ..................Inside the tang of Fong Yien Pi the disciples all stand in anticipation. Today they have all been called together for what seems to be an important meeting. Sitting in the front of the Tang sat their SiFu, Zhang Zhu Xiang the founder of the sect.
    ..................Seeing that everyone has returned from their daily training, the old man got up from his comfortable position. “Like withered leaves who must part with their tree in turn for new leaves to grow,“ he started poetically, “I too, must do the same.” Seeing that everyone was confused due to the fact that they had all started to look at one another, he explained. “I am old now, and must retire.”
    ..................Silence filled the room. Among the crowd of disciples, near the front, one disciple stood tense. He had hoped for a long time for this day to come. Although this what “he” thought was coming, the next words that came out of his SiFu’s lips was a total dismiss to him.
    ..................“Fong Xian, come here.” The old man called his 2nd disciple.
    ..................1st Brother clenched his fist as he thought to himself, ‘Why had SiFu call upon Fong Xuan, had he forgotten that I am his older disciple?’
    ..................Su Fong Xuan walked up to the front of the tang, he too was confused, that was until his SiFu brought out a piece of pale jade. As it passed into the hands of 2nd Brother, the entwined forms of a dragon and phoenix was revealed. “SiFu! What is the meaning of this?” He asked shocked, not understanding why SiFu would pass it down to him. This jade is a possession of a Fong Yien Pi Sect Leader, with their SiFu being it‘s first holder. Him, along with the majority of the sect had the same reasoning as 1st Brother. 1st Brother, Jia Xue Fong was SiFu’s first disciple, therefore, they thought that it was most likely that SiFu would pass his position down to him when he retires, but today proved them wrong, for their SiFu has decided to pass the sect leader position to his second disciple.
    ..................“Fong Xian, I am old now and will need someone to take my place.”
    ..................At this point cheers of endorsement could be heard forming from that back of the tang.
    ..................“SiFu, I will do my best to keep Fong Yien Pi’s name honorable.” Fong Xuan said as he accepted the position.
    ..................“Now, all should retire to their chambers to rest.” SiFu instructed. When they have all began to depart, he requested Fong Xuan to accompany him to his chamber.

..................The moon was out and tonight it was full. The wind blew a chilly breeze into the courtyard . Almost all lights were distinguished now that it had gotten so late. Nothing could be heard but the gentle whispering of the wind and leaves drifting to the ground. The door of SiFu’s room shut with a quiet thud. A shadow could be seen against the wall as it’s owner soundlessly passed the doorway seemingly unsuspected by the individuals inside the room. He carefully stepped up against the door, pressed his ear against it, and listened intently.
    ..................Meanwhile, inside Sifu’s quarters, It was dim. The only sound that could be heard was that of SiFu‘s voice.
    ..................“Fong Xuan, I understand that you and most probably everyone in the sect are in question of why and for what reason I have chosen you of all disciples to be my successor. Indeed, it is reasonable, and quite of a tradition that someone like Xue Fong become Fong Yien Pi’s future leader, but I have chosen you. I have my reasons. Do not ask what they are for you will come to know and understand them when the time comes. Fong Xuan, I have requested you to accompany me to my quarters because I have something else besides the position as sect leader to hand to you.”
    ..................He looked up at his Sifu with a questioning expression. “Something else?”
    ..................“A book.” Sifu replied, “The Wu Zi Jing. I have hid it.” The old man motioned for Fong Xuan to come closer as if he was afraid that someone would hear him speak a secret. “It is inside my tombstone, in the old cemetery on the other side of Fong Yien Shan, where my designated grave will be when I have finally come to pass.” He whispered. Taking his disciple’s hand into his own, he pressed softly a couple of times. 2nd brother raised his eyebrows, a puzzled expression was on his face. Sifu shook his head, ‘Why are my disciples all like this?’ “To get to the book, you will need this code.” He whispered into his ear. 2nd brother nodded, a sign that he understood what is to be expected of him. “You are to make sure none is to read and learn from it. That is all I ask of you. Now go and get some rest, it is late.” Sifu dismissed him.
    ..................Quickly the eavesdropper jumped back from his position against the door. He turned so that the person who walked out could not see his face.
    ..................Fong Xuan opened the door and walked out carefully closing the door behind him. He saw the person, and could see from the clothing that it was 1st Brother. Without another thought he walked off. Xue Fong continued to stare at the retreating back of Fong Xuan. Seconds have passed and 1st Brother still stood there as if rooted to the ground.
    ..................“Xue Fong, I know you are out there. He is gone now, why are you still by the door? Come in this instant!” SiFu‘s voice drifted through the door.
    ..................1st Brother quickly walked to the door. He opened it and went in. “SiFu.” He knelt before his Sifu. “Why? Why must you give Fong Xuan the book also? He already has the highest position in Fong Yien Pi, he needs no more!” Xue Fong, unaware, raised his voice. “I have been following you for almost my whole life and I am your first disciple. But what have I gotten in return? NOTHING!!!”
    ..................The old man sighed, stroking his beard. “I have expected you to speak these exact words, but I will repeat what I have said previously to Fong Xuan. I have my reasons. Do not ask what they are for you will come to know and understand them when the time comes.”
    ..................“When the time COMES?” He got up from his kneeling position and advanced putting a hand on both sides of SiFu’s shoulder. “SiFu, I want you to tell me what 2nd Brother has that I don’t which prevents me from possessing the book? SiFu? SiFu?” He was now unconsciously shaking the old man. “SiFu? Answer me! Why won’t you answer me?” When SiFu didn’t answer his many pleads reality hit him of what he had done. He finally let go of the old man. “SiFu?” Hesitantly bringing his finger to his SiFu’s face he almost fell back when there was showing no signs of breathing. He took a step back and then another, then turned and fled out the door.
    ..................To his inconvenience, his path was blocked by a familiar face.
    ..................“1st Brother? Why are you in a hurry?” Taking note of his hurried state. “Where are you going?” The person continued to ask.
    ..................“Get out of my way.” 1st Brother calmly warned.
    ..................“What’s wrong with y----” He gasped, as something was plunged into his stomach and then harshly pulled out. “You---you” he managed before lifelessly falling to the ground.
    ..................Xue Fong stared in horror as blood dripped from the edge of his sword. He dropped his sword and fled for the second time that night.
    ===========================================
    ..................The sun was shining over the horizon, when a low class disciple doing his regular duty carried a tray with tea and breakfast neared SiFu’s quarter. All of it wasted on the ground when he came into view of a dead body on the ground not but a few foot away from SiFu’s doorway. Blood stained part of the pavement that the body lied on. Not caring for any of it, the disciple quickly dashed into the his SiFu’s room. Not minutes later he came right out terrified and screaming for help to come.
    ..................Minutes later 2nd, 3rd, 7th, and many other disciples could be seen running out of their chambers and nearing SiFu’s quarter. They split up once they arrived at the scene. 2nd and 3rd Brother, leading a couple disciples into SiFu’s quarters and 7th Brother with the remaining examining the outside.
    ..................7th Brother carefully turned the body over as if afraid to discover who it revealed. It was 4th Brother. He raised his hand to 4th Brother’s face and swept over his eyes. “Don’t worry rest at peace. We will avenge you.” He shook his head not understanding what, why, and who had done this. He took a glance around him. The first thing he noticed was a blood stained sword a few steps away. He picked it up. Looking at the ornament attached to the hilt, he immediately recognized it.
    ..................7th Brother walked into SiFu’s quarter. “Fong Xuan, that was… 4th Brother.” He passed the sword to 2nd Brother. “I found it near 4th Brother’s body. It’s Xue Fong’s sword.”
    ..................2nd Brother eyes were glued to the doorway when he received the sword. ’Why had I not suspected him.’ He thought as he remembered his encounter with 1st Brother last night outside SiFu‘s door.

..................The disciples of Fong Yien Pi, with heavy hearts, stood before two stones in front of a large earthen mound. Inscribed onto the center of the larger stone, was seven characters: Zhang Zhu Xiang, Fong Yien Pi’s Founder. The smaller stone also had seven characters: 4th Brother, Li Hai Tien.
    ..................“Jia Xue Fong! How can you put such action upon your own SiFu?!?! For what! A position? Does it mater that much?” 3rd Brother screamed to no one in particular.
    ..................“No. It wasn’t for the position.” 2nd Brother strolled towards the back of the large stone. Some baffled expressions were exchanged among the few disciples when he began to strike it a couple of times. The disciples watched in silence. He pulled out a thin layer of rock from the stone and with it a book, he showed all the disciples the book. “He did it for this.” 2nd Brother stated, holding the book within sight of all the disciples present. “It was the Wu Zi Jing that he really desired, not my position.” Fong Xuan returned it to it’s original place: back into the stone. “The last will of SiFu’s was that none was to read nor learn from the book’s contents.” His face changed into one of a serious expression. “Understand?” They all nodded.

“Does this answer you.” 7th Brother asked, receiving a nod.

Default Chapter 3

................The dew on the grass sparkled in the morning light. The sun hung in it’s usual spot in the sky. Everything was in place. No one could have been able to tell that a battle had taken place merely a day before.
    ................“You Peng Ge!” A girl, unsuccessfully, continued to stir a sleeping figure that appeared to be ignoring her every effort. “You Peng Ge!” She repeated, this time she had enough of his ignorance. With a sarcastic pout on her face she folded her arms and sighed loudly. “Su You Peng! I no you’re awake so quit pretending you aren’t.”
    ................The person finally roused, “Yuan Yuan, you said as soon as the sun comes up. Its too early, go back to sleep.”
    ................“It is up!” The girl exclaimed, getting up and opening the window. Blinding rays of sunlight found their way into the dark room.
    ................‘Well not enough.‘ He sourly answered in his mind.
    ................“You promised so hurry and get up.” The girl was now by his side again and attempting to pull him up and out of bed.
    ................“Fine! Fine! I’m up! I’m up!” You Peng exclaimed, climbing out of bed. “ I’ll be ready in a few minutes, just go outside and get your things ready.”
    ................Yuan Yuan quickly threw the doors open and then shut them behind her, beaming triumphantly. She hurried to her chamber and gathered up her light baggage and quickly returned to You Peng’s chamber. He was already outside his door waiting for her.
    ................Yuan Yuan, who was just a few years younger than You Peng, was the disciple of 7th Brother’s wife who served as a physician in the sect. It happened that Yuan Yuan had a natural talent in medicine so she was brought up in that field instead of learning the Skills as with the majority of the disciples in Fong Yien Pi. Since she didn’t know any wugong she usually had a martial brother accompany her every time she left the sect which was usually when the sect was low on herbal supplies. Due to the number of disciples injured the previous morning, this was one of those times. The martial brother had left a couple days ago to visit a sick relative and had luckily avoided disaster by a mere day. Unfortunately this was also the reason You Peng had to take his place. “Let’s go!” she cheered as she ran ahead of him.
    ................“You Peng! Where are you going?”
    ................They turned around. Standing a few foot behind was Shing Er. “I‘m taking Yuan Yuan down the mountain.” He replied.
    ................7th Brother’s had only one child and that was Shing Er. She was just as beautiful as her mother and equally graceful. Unlike Yuan Yuan, Shing Er showed no interest in the medical field, for her interest lies in the Skills, a interest in which she had inherited from her father. She sighed, “Oh…” Everyone in the sect knew she had feelings beyond friendship for her martial brother and predicted that they would come together in the future, it was just predestined. They were just too right for each other that it would just seemed illogical if they didn’t. The problem? You Peng just didn’t seem to show any interest in love, as of now. “Well, I guess I’ll see you when you both return.” she said, feeling abandoned.
    ................Knowing that he had upset her, You Peng left with a heavy heart. He knew that she had feelings for him, but on his side he could only see her as a sister.
    ................They were now almost at the bottom of Fong Yien Shan, the sun had already set, now hidden behind the mountain. The air had started to grow cold. The forest surrounded them. By now Yuan Yuan’s basket was almost full and had began to weight her down. You Peng took the basket from her and slung it over his back. She smiled at him as she rubbed her sore shoulders.
    ................They were now at the foot of Fong Yien Shan, after hiking around for awhile her eyes suddenly lit up as she stopped abruptly to point toward something at a near distance. “You Peng Ge, look over there. There’s the cottage!”
    ................As they stepped into the cottage her stomach grumbled. She ignored it. It grumbled again. Looking at him, she laughed nervously.
    ................“I’ll go find a stand nearby and get us something to eat.”
    ==============================================
    ................The wind howled eerily. It was already half an hour before You Peng reached the nearest stand. He walked in and bought a few buns.
    ................Sitting at a wooden table by a corner was a young lady and a drunk man. “Stop drinking! We have to leave now!” The female shook the drunk male who continued to drink regardless of her pleads. “Yong Ge!” Finally having enough, she took the bottle of alcohol from him and held it out of his reach. The drunk male got up and harshly pushed her away; making her lose grip of the bottle. It crashed onto the floor.
    ................“Don’t call me Ge (brother)!” He screamed and slapped her roughly across the face. Tears started to well up in her eyes. No one had ever dare to hit her before, not even her own father. “You-You----” She stuttered as she held her hand against her burning cheek.
    ................“I-I, What? Jing Wen, let me tell you, you belong to me! Your father already promised you to me. It doesn’t matter what I do.” He slammed her harshly against one of the wooden pole that held up the shelter. She went unconscious. The bastard then tried to force himself upon her.
    ................Not able to take it any longer, You Peng, who witnessed the whole scenario, pulled the drunk man off of her. “Do you know that you are a disgrace to the environment?” He said with disgust.
    ................The drunk male fell against the table. Offended, he grabbed his sword from the table and attempted to use it against You Peng. “Su You Peng! Don’t think you are so high and mighty! Cause you’re not!” He slurred, once again taking a swing with his sword. You Peng easily dodged the blow.
    ................‘So this person knows me.‘ He though.
    ................As the person tried his 3rd attempt, he was thrown against another table and fell to the floor. Slowly the person got up. His hand was against his chest and a bit of blood trickled from the corner of his mouth. Quickly, he hurried away.
    ................You Peng walked to the female who laid unconscious by the pole. There were scrapes on her forehead and blood seeped out from them. He flung her carefully over his shoulder and walked toward the table where he had left the bag of buns he had bought. He glanced around and could see that the owner of the stand had fled earlier during the fight. Putting a few yen by the stove to pay for all the damage they had caused, he left.
    =================================================
    ................Yuan Yuan who’s been starving the whole time finally gave up on the long wait. She was going to go find him. Just as she was about to walk towards the door, it swinged open, revealed You Peng who was carring a female who appeared unconscious, over his shoulder. “You Peng Ge, who’s this?” She asked with concern.
    ................“I don’t know her.” He replied.
    ................“Quickly put her down, so I can take a look at the scrapes on her forehead.” Yuan Yuan led him into a small bedroom.
    ................He quickly obeyed, slowly and carefully placing the unconscious female on the bed. “Yuan Yuan, you must be starving. I brought back some buns. Why don’t you eat some first. I don’t want you getting sick. Go on, I’ll watch her for you.”
    ................“Well…I’ll go, but don’t you need to eat too?”
    ................“I’ve eaten on my way back here.” He reassured her as she turned around again and left the room.
    ................Standing besides the bed as Yuan Yuan exited the room You Peng took a glance at the female. He felt as if he had known her from somewhere, but couldn’t quite place where. He shrugged the feeling away. One thing he had noticed was that she held a captivating aura, it seemed like he couldn’t keep his eyes from her. He quickly tore his gaze from her before he could ask himself why. You Peng ripped a strip of cloth from his sleeve and gently lifted her head against his arm before wrapping the cloth around the her head to prevent infection from getting into the scrapes on her forehead.
    ................Feeling tired, You Peng looked around the room, noticing that there were only two beds. One which was occupied by this lady, and the other, if he were gentleman enough, he would leave it for Yuan Yuan. With no choice left, he took a seat at the table and rested his head on his arms, which he used as a cushion.
    ................After taking a little snack to ease her hunger, Yuan Yuan quickly went back into the room. She smiled upon noticing that You Peng was asleep, she grabbed a blanket from her bed and places it over him.
    ................Yuan Yuan carefully removed the temporary bandage that You Peng had inexpertly placed on her forehead and placed it aside. She smirked at the fact that he had not known that the material of his clothing would actually cause more infection than it would prevent. Yuan Yuan placed her wooden medicine box on the floor besides the bed. She opened it and got out a clean piece of cloth, she then once again exited the room and returned a few minutes later with a damp cloth with steam vapor rising from it.
    ................The girl stirred as the heated cloth made contact with her forehead.
    ................“Don’t wake up. Go back to sleep.” Yuan Yuan quietly hushed her even though Jing Wen never fully awakened. Seeing that everything was done, she blew out the candle on the table, leaving everything in darkness, and climbed into bed. She wrapped her arms around herself and fell asleep.
    ==============================================
    ................It was near sunrise when You Peng had awaken and noticed the blanket Yuan Yuan had placed on him. He shook his head as he walked over to the shivering girl. ’She should of taken care of herself first.’ He returned the favor, placing the blanket over her.
    ................At times You Peng almost called Yuan Yuan “sister” off the top of his mind. They were almost as close as real siblings, he had always played the big brother and her, the little sister. It had always been that way since the day Yuan Yuan was placed on the doorsteps of the sect.
    ................“You Peng Ge?”
    ................His thoughts were interrupted as Yuan Yuan woke up. He turned to look at her. “You’ re awake.” He said as he stood up. “I’ll go hunt for some wild rabbits or something.”
    ................“Wait. Tell me, how did you come across this girl?” She questioned, suddenly becoming curious. “And why is she injured?”
    ................“Oh her? Well. It’s a long story. Um…” He couldn’t quite summarize the situation.
    ................“You Peng Ge, just make the story short.” Yuan Yuan looked as if she was ready for a good story.
    ................“Well, when I was at the food stand, there was this drunk man with her, and he tried to, “you know” her.”
    ................She nodded, expecting more. “And? That’s it?”
    ................You Peng nodded.
    ................“Well she’s lucky you were there.” Yuan Yuan said sympathizing for the girl who had almost lost everything to the bastard if it wasn’t for her You Peng Ge.
    ................“Watch out for yourself, I’m going to go now.”
    ==================================================
    ................The sun shown brightly through the window, Jing Wen stirred. The now almost dry cloth fell off and landed onto the floor making a soft noise, it caught Yuan Yuan’s attention.
    ................“Your awake.” She said turning around.
    ................Jing Wen struggled into a sitting position. Her hand came up to her forehead. “Where am I?” She asked as she noticed the unfamiliar surrounding. ’Had I been here the whole night?’ She had so many questions that swam into her mind. “Who brought me here?”
    ................“Do you remember what happened last night?” Yuan Yuan asked concerned.
    ................“Last night?” Her hand came up to her forehead again. ’Last night? What really happened last night?’ she asked herself, feeling lost again. All she remember was being with Yong Ge last night. “Yong Ge?”
    ................“Is that the bastard who tried to….tried to?” She felt a sudden surge of anger.
    ................Everything that happened last night before she went unconscious flooded back. Jing Wen closed her eyes hoping that she wouldn’t cry. “Did he?”
    ................“Don’t worry. He didn’t, he wasn’t able to.” Yuan Yuan reassured her, “My martial brother stopped him before he could.”
    ................“Your martial brother? Who is he?” Jing Wen asked feeling a strong need to see this hero and thank him at this moment. “I’m sorry, where are my manners? I’m Jing Wen. What is your name?”
    ................“Yuan Yuan and my martial brother is Su You Peng. He’s the sect leader of Fong Yien Pi.”
    ................She paled. Just as she was about to say something. You Peng walked in.

Default Chapter 4

................“Yuan Yuan, I’m back, I had no luck with the hunt so I went ahead and bought some-” You Peng cut off upon entering the room when he noticed Jing Wen sitting up in her bed. “Oh, You‘re awake.”
    ................“Jing Wen, this is You Peng Ge.”
    ................“Are you ok?” He asked concerned, as he walked beside her. Again, he had the feeling that he had met her before. He decided to ask her.
    ................“I’m Ok. It was just a minor injury.” She tried not to look up at him, afraid that he might somehow recognize her.
    ................“Jing Wen? I have a feeling we have we met before.” You Peng started while he motioned Yuan Yuan to pack up. “Have we?”
    ................“Perhaps we have met, it is possible. Do you go into town a lot? Maybe we’ve passed each other before.”
    ................“Perhaps...” He nodded. “Me and Yuan Yuan are going to be heading back to Fong Yien Pi. Will you be Ok?”
    ................She let out a silent sigh of relief. ’Remember,’ she told herself. ‘I was wearing a veil so he can’t recognize me that easily.’
    ................“Jing Wen, if you need any help you can always come find us.” She said as she came in the room, giving a warm smile.
    ................“Yuan Yuan’s right. If you ever need help you’ll know where to find us.” You Peng assured. “Don’t hesitate.”
    ................“You Peng Ge, I’m finish. When are we going back?”
    ................Feeling ashamed for taking up their time, Jing Wen decided it was time to leave. As she got off the bed she stumbled due to her stiff muscles caused from her earlier position.
    ................Before she could trip she was supported by You Peng’s strong hold on her arm. “Careful.” He whispered to her as he helped her up.
    ................She blushed as she noticed how close they were to each other. You Peng who also came to notice, took a step back.
    ................There was a long silence in the room. He decided to break the tension. “Did you find the bag of buns?” He said when he turned to Yuan Yuan.
    ................“Yes.”
    ................“I’m going to go now.” Jing Wen decided.
    ................Yuan Yuan stopped her. “Are you hungry?” She said as she putted down the bag and took out another smaller one out. “We have some buns with us.”
    ................“No it’s ok.” She answered trying to be modest.
    ................Not listening Yuan Yuan shoved two buns to her.
    ................“Thank You.”
    =================================================
    ................You Peng was deep in thought as they were hiking on their way up Fong Yien Shan.
    ................“You’re thinking of her.”
    ................“What?” He asked as he was brought out of his thoughts. “What do you mean?”
    ................“Jing Wen. You’re attracted to her?” It was more of a statement then a question.
    ................“No, Why-”
    ................“Fine then if you are not going to speak the truth.” She started to pace up; now a few foot in front of him. “You think I like the idea of you being attracted to her?”
    ................He was puzzled. “What are you talking about?”
    “Never mind, You Peng Ge.”
    ==================================================
    *Last Night*

................The lanterns that usually hung outside of the doorway were not there. You could tell that the residents of the large house had not yet retired for the day. The rooms were still full of candlelight.
    ................The drunk man, now more stabilized, neared the house at a steady limp. There was a soft creaking of a door being pulled open and shutting. The man was gone: into the house. Just as he was about to turn into a room he was stopped.
    ................“Where have you been?” A stern voice asked. “And where is Jing Wen? Was she not with you? Why have you not returned with her?” The questions just kept coming at a non-stop pace. The speaker did not seem too pleased of the late arrival.
    ................Quickly the drunk man dropped to his knees. “SiFu…I, I-”
    ................“Where is Jing Wen!?!” Jia Xue Fong repeated, this time louder and more impatient.
    ................The drunk man knew he couldn’t avoid it. “Jing Wen, she…she….she was KIDNAPPED! I’m so sorry, I should have……” He started to slap himself to make his words more believable. “I’m a failure! I’m a failure! Punish me SiFu!”
    ................“By who?” The elder man stared at him with a penetrating gaze.
    ................“Su You Peng.” The slapping have ceased. He tried not to look back at his SiFu. “Su You Peng wants to use Jing Wen as a hostage against you.” He deliberately added.
    ................“Are you lying, Zi Yong?” He asked not believing. “Why would he kidnap her?” Xue Fong harshly seized him by the shoulders. “How many times have I taught you in the past, never lie to me! Scram!” He finally let the terrified man go. ‘So…Jing Wen is with Su You Peng.’ Ideas started to form in his mind as he stroked his beard.

================================================
    ................It was morning now and the sun had fully risen and shined intensely above the manor. The large wooden door once again swung open, this time it reveiled a female.
    ................“Father! I’m back!” A cheerful voice hollared.
    ................“Jing Wen where were you all night?” A girl asked as she ran out to meet her. “Did you know that your father stayed up late last night waiting for you?”
    ................“Xiao Ting. I, was with Fong Yien Pi’s sect leader, Su You Peng.” Jing Wen bluffed.
    ................The servant’s eyes widened in concern. “What?!? Did anything happen? Why were you with him?”
    ................“Of course nothing happened.” She reassured, “But…something, would have happened if he wasn’t there.”
    ................“What do mea-”
    ................“Father!” Cutting Xiao Ting off in mid-sentence, Jing Wen ran to greet her father.
    ................“Master.” Xiao Ting also greeted.
    ................“Father didn’t I tell you to button up your coat in the morning.” She shook her head. “You’re going to catch a cold.”
    ................“Yes you did, but didn’t I also tell you never to stay out without telling me where you will be?” He patted Jing Wen’s head. “Zi Yong told me that Su You Peng kidnapped you. Is that true?”
    ................‘Bastard.’ She cursed. “No, but I was with him and his SiMei last night.”
    ................“Come with me to my quarter.” He lead her through the door way.
    ................Upon entering the room, Xue Fong shut the door. Closing everyone off from him and his daughter’s conversation.

Default Chapter 5

................After a long hard trek up Fong Yien Shan, she had finally arrived at the sect. She stared strangely at the wooden door in front of her. It was a different one from the one she had broke down the other day. She gently pushed it open and took a peek at what was beyond the doors. She was greeted with the usual busy scene of any martial school. As she had expected, disciples were practicing the wugong of the sect.
    ................“Is there something I can help you with?” A female kindly asked. “Are you looking for someone?”
    ................“What? Who? Me?” Jing Wen exclaimed, startled. She had not noticed the female’s presence earlier. The girl was around her age and was slightly familiar. Had she seen her before? Then she remembered. How could she forget? This was the girl who’s neck was against her blade the other day. “I’m looking for S-”
    ................“Jing Wen!” Someone hollered from behind the girl. Her face was blocked from view by what appeared to be a large basket of dried herbs.
    ................“Yuan Yuan?” Jing Wen guessed as she walked passed a puzzled Shing Er to help the girl with the heavy basket. She had guessed right, it was Yuan Yuan.
    ................“Shing Er, this is Jing Wen.” The two exchanged glances. “You Peng Ge and I met her the day we went down Fong Yien Shan.” Without further introduction, she had a martial brother take the basket away and grabbed Jing Wen by her hand and led her toward the direction of the main chambers leaving Shing Er to herself.
    ................“Where are you taking me?” Jing Wen finally asked.
    ................“To You Peng Ge. Right? I’m guessing you came because you need help?” They finally stopped in front of a room.
    ................Yuan Yuan knocked the door. “You Peng Ge?”
    ................“Yuan Yuan, what do you want NOW?” The door opened and You Peng appeared wearing an annoyed expression. It quickly disappeared as Yuan Yuan stepped aside, and turned to one of concern. “Jing Wen?” He quickly let them in and closed the door after them.
    ................Standing just a few feet away from the door to You Peng’s room was Shing Er. She immediately turned and left.
    ................“Is something wrong?“ He asked, as Yuan Yuan poured some water for the two.
    ................“My father,” she started, “he wants to force me to marry Yong Ge.” She stared at the ground. It was a lie, but it would serve it’s purpose. “I didn’t want to so I ran away.”
    ................“So.. Do you have somewhere to stay?” You Peng asked, taking a long draught of water.
    ................Yuan Yuan rolled her eyes at him in disbelief. ‘That’s why she’s here.’ “Jing Wen, if you don’t have any other place, you can stay here.”
    ................“Can I?” Jing Wen felt horrible about lying to them, but she had to. It just yesterday when her father had given her a new mission. As much as she wanted to gain a real friendship with them, her father was just more important to her. He had always told her that there was a line between family and friend. Family is real and friendship can always be broken. No one can truly be trusted.
    ................“You Peng Ge?” There was a long pause.
    ................“I’m sorry to be a bother for you both.” Jing Wen got up from her seat at the small table. She took a glance at him to see his expression, “I guess I‘ll go now.”
    ................He caught her one handed by the wrist. “Stay.”
    ................It was just as she expected.
    ................“You can stay here if you want. For the meantime, share a bed-chamber with Yuan Yuan; if that is okay with her.” He turned to Yuan Yuan who nodded.
    ===============================================
    ................“Jing Wen, follow me. I’ll take you to my bed-chamber.” She opened the door and walked out of You Peng’s chamber with Jing Wen close behind.
    ===============================================
    ................It had already been a week for Jing Wen at Fong Yien Pi. She had just moved out of Yuan Yuan’s bed chamber and have been given one of her own. During this short time a friendship has grown between the two.
    ................At the moment they were in Jing Wen’s new room and Yuan Yuan was doing Jing Wen’s hair.
    ................“Yuan Yuan?” She asked as Yuan Yuan added the finishing touches.
    ................Yuan Yuan paused. “Yes?”
    ................“What kind of person is Su You Peng?” She asked out of the blue.
    ................“You Peng Ge?” The question caught Yuan Yuan by surprise. She thought for awhile. “He’s…..Well…” She sighed. “Why don’t you ask him? No one knows oneself better then themselves. Anyways, why would you want to know? Don’t tell me you’re interested in him.” She smirked.
    ................“Wh-what!?!?” Jing Wen lightly slapped Yuan Yuan on the arm. “What about you? I know you like him more than just a brotherly friend.”
    ................Yuan Yuan sighed once again, “I won’t deny it, but….he only sees me as a sister. I’m not the only one here who has feelings for him.” She stared at her hands.
    ................“You mean Shing Er?”
    ................Yuan Yuan turned around and looked up at her with sadness shining in her eyes. “You can see that too, can’t you? Well, if You Peng Ge never finds the one for him, I’m sure 7th Si Shu (martial uncle) will probably arrange something. So either way I don’t really have a chance.”
    ................Jing Wen picked up a brush and started to brush Yuan Yuan‘s hair. “If he doesn’t see you as someone special, I’m sure someday soon someone else will.”
    ................Yuan Yuan smiled, “Thanks. I hope so.”
    ................“Okay. It’s done.” Jing Wen placed the brush back into it‘s original place.
    ................The door opened, “Am I interrupting something?” It was You Peng.
    ................“You Peng Ge! Perfect timing, Jing Wen has something to ask you.” Yuan Yuan gently shoved her in front of him.
    ................“Wh-what? No I don’t!”
    ................“Jing Wen was just asking me what kind of person Su You Peng was.” She said amusingly.
    ................He raised an eyebrow at her. Jing Wen flushed. “What kind of person I am?”
    ................Yuan Yuan decided to save Jing Wen from the humiliation. “So why are you here?”
    ................“Oh. Lin Yi (Aunt Lin) want’s to see you.”
    ................“SiFu? I wonder why? Well…I’ll leave you two to each other than.” She excused herself.
    ................They stared at each other. “Wait! I’ll go with you.” Jing Wen hollered as she chased after Yuan Yuan. For some reason she didn’t want to be left alone with You Peng. ‘Perhaps,’ She thought to herself, ‘Perhaps I’m afraid to end up like Yuan Yuan and Shing Er.’ She thought about her father and the responsibility he had trusted her with. ‘I can’t risk that. I have a purpose for being here.’
    ................You Peng stood there dumbfounded. ‘Did Lin Yi take in another disciple or is Jing Wen just trying to stay away from him? But why?’ Taking a glance around he left her room.

I like the story. However, when you use Alex, Alyssa, GYY, and etc...it made me think of the characters from HSDS. Overall, I like the story and i'll read it until the end. I hope you write more since I enjoy reading than my regular American's novels.

In chapter 15...the first intimate scene...maybe if you make it a little longer...maybe You Peng can ask about Jing Wen's father...because if he is interested in her...he would try to get to know her better....because that's what I would do with a girl if i'm alone with her. However, I didn't read the whole story so maybe you did do something later on in the chapters.

just a suggestion.
    Last edited by crazylife123; 08-11-05 at 05:34 PM.

I got more of this story posted at winglin.
    Here's the link if u wanna check it out: www.winglin.net/fanfic/VAFan2
    and part 2: www.winglin.net/fanfic/VAFan3
    I just posted it here since sometimes I want to add to the story and read the comments at school, but there's a block thingy and I can't access winglin over there.
    Glad u lik it!

Quote Originally Posted by aznangl426
    I got more of this story posted at winglin.
    Here's the link if u wanna check it out: www.winglin.net/fanfic/VAFan2
    and part 2: www.winglin.net/fanfic/VAFan3
    I just posted it here since sometimes I want to add to the story and read the comments at school, but there's a block thingy and I can't access winglin over there.
    Glad u lik it!
    Maybe I should start something up too. However, I'm not good in writing ancient series...maybe modern stories instead. Ancient terms aren't my specialty.

U should! Besides u never know if ur good at the writing thing or not untill u try it I mean it's not lik writing an essay. Giv it a try!

Default Chapter 6

…………The days have passed by so quickly that you couldn’t even count them. During these days; every so often, Jing Wen would keep in contact with her father, who would tell her what the next steps were.
    …………Lately, everything at the sect was going very smoothly and nothing much had happened, and because of this, You Peng was able to get a day or two for leisure, and as he had promised, he was to take the girls down into the village.
    …………They had purposely chosen to take a harder path then the one they usually took whenever they needed to go down Fong Yien Shan (Mt. Fong Yien). In fact, they weren’t taking a path at all; their plan was to cut straight down the side. Shing Er and Yuan Yuan who had more experience with rock climbing, had better luck on the trip then Jing Wen. To her, it seemed truer a challenge. A challenge because she couldn’t simply *fly* down the side, as she would prefer, but actually climb it because she wasn’t to expose herself as knowing wugong (kung fu etc.).
    …………“Hey, Wait up!” She yelled to the others who were now far ahead of her and still getting farther. At this time You Peng, Shing Er, and Yuan Yuan had successfully reached the ground. Jing Wen desperately quickened her pace.
    …………’What’s going on?’ She asked herself as something crumbled beneath her shoe.
    …………Everyone watched in panic as she slipped and lost complete hold. “JING WEN!”
    …………You Peng was the first one to recover from the shock. At fast speed he jumped up using the mountain as an aid and caught Jing Wen.
    …………Shing Er enviously watched as You Peng held Jing Wen tightly in his arms as they spun around a couple of times before fully touching the ground. On the other hand, Yuan Yuan watched dazzled at the sight that the two made.
    …………As they landed You Peng loosened his hold on her until they finally touched the ground when he let go of her. Noticing that she was clutching her arm, he removed her hand from the area it was covering. “Does it hurt really badly?” She bit her lip as he ran his fingers over the severe scrapes. A light sting could be felt in an area of his heart. Not knowing what he felt, You Peng quickly dismissed it.
    …………“Jing Wen, let me take a look at that.” Yuan Yuan said as she took Jing Wen’s arm from You Peng‘s grasp. She gasped. “I’m sorry. We shouldn’t have rushed you or this wouldn’t have happened.”
    …………Shing Er walked over to them. “Why don’t we get something to cover the scrapes first. Yuan Yuan, do you have anything with you?” As much as she envied Jing Wen for having a hold on You Peng, she really couldn’t bring herself to hate her. More than less she wanted to become friends with her.
    …………“I think I do. I might have something.” Yuan Yuan dropped her light package onto the floor and ramble through it’s contents. “I found something! Jing Wen come here.”
    …………Jing Wen obeyed.
    …………“It’s going to sting…but that’s all I have.” Yuan Yuan told her truthfully holding a small porcelain bottle.
    …………She winched slightly as if she could already feel it. “Go for it.”
    …………Yuan Yuan pulled out the cork and spilled some of the powdered medicine onto the scrapes.
    …………It was nighttime and everything was quiet, almost too quiet. The moon was out in its fullest and brightest phase. Leaves were falling like snow onto the earth. Somewhere a twig snapped. Fabric brushed against the dirt.
    …………Slumber would have claimed most by this hour. Jing Wen stepped out into the moonlight. It had been awhile since she has seen her father, she missed him. “Father…”
    …………Someone had strolled up behind her. “You miss him?”
    …………She nodded. It appeared that Jing Wen wasn’t the only one that slumber had not yet claimed. She spun around. “You Peng.”
    …………“You can’t sleep tonight either?” He asked, walking closer.
    …………Jing Wen shook her head and turned her back to him again wrapping her arms around herself.
    …………“Are you cold?”
    …………“Yes. Just a b--.” She was cut off by a sneeze.
    …………Upon hearing this and not knowing what else to do You Peng pulled her into his arms. “Better?”
    …………Jing Wen didn’t know what to think of this, all she knew was that she felt warmth. She slowly passed into sleep as she was leaning against his chest. The rhythmic beating of his heart was mesmerizing.
    …………There was a long silence. You Peng, taking care not to wake her, pulled her down with him as he sat leaning to a tree.
    …………“Jing Wen,” He whispered softly. “...Do you know that I have fallen for you?”
    “Jing Wen?! You Peng?!” It was Shing Er, she had been looking for them ever since she had noticed them missing when she awakened. “Where are y--!” The scene in front pained her. She shook her head in disbelief. ’This couldn’t be, it wasn’t what it appeared to be.’ She tried to convince herself. She spun on her heel, not wanting to see more of it.
    …………Jing Wen awoke with a start. She blinked a few times. ‘Was someone calling me?‘ The sun was extremely bright for some reason, but it wasn’t *that* she was uneasy about. She felt oddly comfortable. Slowly, she stirred from her sleeping position and quickly glanced around. Her heart skipped a beat.
    …………Had she been here all night? She couldn’t believe herself. Why had she been so dimwitted? How could she actually let herself fall asleep in You Peng’s arms?
    …………She turned to face him. It appeared he was still somewhere off in his dreams. For a second she had an unexpected longing to stay in his arms. She shivered. She knew that she shouldn’t be feeling this way. She quickly scrambled off of him, unintentionally waking him in the process.
    …………As Shing Er walked into the room she passed Yuan Yuan. Curious she went to see for herself. Just as she had suspected, it had something to do with You Peng Ge and Jing Wen.
    …………“Jing Wen! You Peng Ge!”
    …………“Yuan Yuan.” They both greeted.
    …………“So you’re both out here? Me and Shing Er were looking for you.”
    …………Jing Wen quickly thought up something. “Oh. I woke up early this morning, so I came out for some fresh air. It just happened that You Peng was already out before me so we kept each other company.” That was a lie, she knew that, but what she was unaware of was the fact that it offended and wounded his emotions.
    …………Yuan Yuan wasn’t fooled by what she had said, the expression on You Peng’s face clearly. It was already in plain sight. “That’s nice. I’ll go in right now.” She felt that the two had a need to speak to each other. Deciding to give them the time she walked back into the lodging.
    …………“Jing Wen, nothing-” Before he could finish she had already went in after Yuan Yuan. ‘Nothing really happened. What was she trying to hide from them?’ He continued in his thought.
    …………They have finally passed the doors of the sect and everything inside was a mess, disciples were everywhere trying to clear up the aftermath of whatever has happened while he was gone. You Peng grabbed one that passed by. “What happened here?”
    …………“An armed stranger had intruded this morning.” he seemed to be in a great hurry so You Peng let him go.
    …………“There was an intrusion?” It seemed strange to him. ‘Intrusions don’t just *happen* here at Fong Yien Pi. What could be the cause of it?’ Him and the girls surveyed their surrounding for a second and then marched into the Tang. “SiShu, do you know where the intruder was from?”
    …………“So you’ve heard. Well, from what I’ve noticed, this person was much stronger than the female who intruded last time.”
    …………Jing Wen rolled her eyes in ignorance. ’Am I that pathetic?’ She had heard of that comment enough already. “There had been another intrusion?” She asked. It right time to get some information. Being here long enough, she had not gotten anything her father had sent her for. “What were they after?” She probed.
    …………“This person must be directed by Jia Xue Fong.” 7th Brother said in a grave voice. “I’m not sure, but the intruder did leave something behind. This.” He took out something.
    …………“Yong Ge?” She accidentally spilled and covered her mouth immediately.
    …………“Jing Wen, you know him don’t you? I knew you looked suspicious from the first time I laid eyes on you. What do you know that we don’t?” Shing Er glared at her with eyes of distrust.
    …………Jing Wen backed away. “I-I do know him, but…”
    …………“Jing Wen has nothing to do with this.” You Peng stood between the two.
    …………“You Peng.” Shing Er said in astonishment, “Why are you defending her? You barely even know her!”
    …………He looked away.
    …………Yuan Yuan walked into the heat. “He’s right, Jing Wen doesn’t have anything to do with it. Do you know what the bastard tried to do to her? Shing Er do you? You don’t do you! Let me tell you. He-He-----” You Peng stopped her before she could start the story.
    …………Shing Er stared at them in disbelief. “Fine, if you choose to believe her, I’ll find my evidence.”
    …………“Shing Er, you’re just being negative to her because you love You Peng Ge and is afraid to lose him to Jing Wen.” Yuan Yuan exclaimed in a breath.
    …………The look of disbelief on her face turned to one of hurt as she stared at You Peng. As Shing Er stormed off towards the bed chambers area, tears were streaming wildly from her eyes.
    …………“Shing Er!” 7th Brother hollered after her.
    …………“I’ll go talk to her.” You Peng swallowed. It *was* because of him. He quickly took off after her.

…………“Shing Er!” he caught her by the arm before she could enter her room. “Listen to me.”
    …………She pulled her arm from him. “To what? What do you want me to listen to? That you’ve fallen for her? Is that all?” Shing Er started to hit him endlessly in the chest. “I hate you.” She sobbed, finally stopping.
    …………You Peng engulfed her in a hug. “You’re right, I have.”
    …………“No..You can’t. Than what about me?” Shing Er kissed him.
    …………He didn’t pull away, but inside he wanted to, he just couldn’t find it in him to hurt her. The sound of someone’s footsteps nearing caught his attention. He tore away from Shing Er. There in front of them was Jing Wen.
    …………She was caught in the middle of surprise and distress. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you two were….” Jing Wen managed. She took a few steps backward until finally, she turn and walked off.
    …………You Peng left a humiliated Shing Er to go after Jing Wen.

…………“I’m sorry.” He said as he caught up with her.
    …………“Sorry for what? I don’t care what you do. You should go back to Shing Er, She needs you.” Jing Wen turned from him again. Before she could walk any farther, You Peng spun her around and pulled her into a passionate kiss.
    …………The two slowly parted, but You Peng still held Jing Wen in his arms, refusing to let her go.
    …………“I only have feelings for you. Shing Er is just a sister to me.” You Peng tried to convince her.
    …………Jing Wen struggled out of his embrace, unable to take it in. “I’m sorry, maybe we should give this some time. I don’t want her to think that I’m trying to stealing you from her.” She turned from him. ‘You Peng, I’m only doing this because I don’t want to hurt you. The more you fall for me, the more you’ll….hate me.’
    …………He grabbed her once again by the arm. “I just want to know, if it wasn’t for Shing Er, would you reconsider?”
    …………She never answered him back. You Peng loosened his grip on her, and let her go.
    …………It was a clear night. Dressed in an entirely black outfit, a female could be seen leaping onto the roof of a bed chamber. Carefully, the individual removed a small piece from the roof. She took a peak down.

…………“You Peng, from this morning, it seemed like you have had a previous encounter with the intruder before.”
    …………“SiShu, Jing Wen has nothing to do with this. Please believe me.” He pleaded. “Yes I’ve encountered this person before. That was when I accompanied Yuan Yuan down Fong Yien Shan.”
    …………“I also trust that she has nothing to do with this intrusion but, do you think he has anything to do with Jia Xue Fong?”
    …………“It’s possible.” the man replied.
    …………Suddenly, the eavesdropper accidentally skids making a screeching noise. The sound alerted the occupants of the room of her existence. She wished she had been more careful, now there was a need to escape. Glancing below her, she saw You Peng hurrying out of the room. He saw her. Having no other plans of escape, she ran. You Peng jumped up onto the roof. Being just a feet behind her he easily caught up. He recognized her. She was the female intruder from many weeks ago. Without a second thought, he drew his sword. She gasped as it was swiftly placed against her throat. “Who are you? Where is Jia Xue Fong?” You Peng demanded.
    …………Her heart beat hard against her chest as she panicked. “I-I..” Tears were starting come to her eyes.
    …………Upon hearing her voice his eyes widened. Did he know her? Why did it sound so familiar? Without knowing he had unconsciously loosened his grip on the sword, giving her the chance to escape. She leaped from the roof and disappeared through the entrance doors of the sect.
    …………She had barely made it past the doors when she noticed something. She spun around, You Peng wasn’t giving chase. The doors swung to a stop behind her. She caught her breath as she stopped. Just then her eyes widened in alarm as a hand was roughly placed over her mouth. She gasped, but no sound came out.
    …………“Shut up. We need to have a talk.” a familiar voice whispered into her ear.
    …………The man had lead her into the dark forest where the trees provided all the privacy they needed. “Zi Yong, what do you want? Why are you here?” She glared daggers at him.
    …………“Jia Jing Wen, why else would I be here for? Of course I’m here to check up on you for SiFu. So you have anything I can report back?”
    …………“I, I actually….you see…” Jing Wen stuttered as she searched for the right thing to say.
    …………“You don’t have anything to report this time either do you?” He mocked. “What do you think your father will do if he found out about this little romance that’s going on between you and the enemy?”
    …………She spun around to face him. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
    …………“Oh really? You don’t remember sleeping in his arms just a few days ago? This is exactly what I’m going to report back.”
    …………“You’ve been spying on me!” She spat, “Then, I wonder what father would do if I told him what you tried to do to me. You wouldn’t live to see the next day!”
    …………Zi Yong stormed off.
    …………Jing Wen slowly opened the door to her chambers. As careful as she had been, she did not notice a figure lurking in the darkness of the shadows. After closing the door, feeling safe in the interior of the room, Jing Wen changed out of her disguise and retired for the night.
    …………Letting his frustration get the best of him, Zi Yong threw his fist at the trunk of a nearby tree. With an angry yelp of pain he quickly drew it back. A small trickle of blood escaped the large bruise he now had across the back of his hand. He ripped his sword out of it’s sheath and slashed blindly at the tree in front of him; a tangled mass of branches and leaves showered to the ground followed by a brief moment of silent. Suddenly, a small crack appeared down the tree’s length, growing in size and quantity, until with a loud deafening thud, the tree tore apart and fell to the ground. Zi Yong slid the sword back into the sheath and continued his journey out of the darkness of the forest.
    …………It had been a while until he had finally returned to the city, Zi Yong walked into a restaurant and sat down. Reaching into his pocket he took out a couple pieces of silver and threw it onto the center of the table. An old man quickly came to his side.
    …………“What can I get you sir?” The man courteously asked, in his hand was a notepad and an ink brush.
    …………“Half of a roast duck, a dish of mince pork, and also a dish of vegetables. Also, one jug of wine.” Zi Yong slowly listed the items for the old man to jot down. After he was finished the man hurried behind the counter where he called the order to the kitchen.
    …………Within minutes the the old man brought out a plater with three dishes and a jug of wine.
    …………Just as he grabbed the jug, someone walked in behind him. Zi Yong had not noticed his prestence until the person placed his hand on his shoulder. Zi Yong turned to face the person. “Sifu?” He quickly got off the chair and offered it.
    …………“An awful lot of food for just one person is it not?” Xue Fong grabbed a pair of chopsticks and offered himself some from the dishes. “Now, tell me, what do you have to report from Jing Wen?”
    …………“Sifu, just as last time, Jing Wen still has nothing to report. I suspect that she has developed feelings for Su You Peng.” The last three words were spoken with much despise and hatred. “SiFu, what must be done about that?”
    …………Nothing.”
    …………After hearing the simple reply, he dared to ask for a confirmation.
    …………“Nothing.“ Xue Fong repeated in the same tone.
    …………Lightening struck him. “Nothing? Nothing?!?!” A loud thud sounded throughout the room as Zi Yong slammed both his palms onto the table, everyone turned to stare. He quickly drew back his hands and took a step away from the table as he watched his SiFu get up from his seat..
    …………Xue Fong grabbed him by the collar, preventing any escape. “Have you already forgotten what I have taught you? Never talk back to me. NEVER question me!” After saying that, He finally let go of Zi Yong, who stumbled backwards. “Give me a piece of paper and an ink brush!” He hollered to the old man who had previously served Zi Yong.
    …………The man hurried out from behind the counter with some paper and an ink brush, just as requested, and placed it on the table with trembling hands. “Is--is this…all?” The old man’s voice clearly portrayed his fear for Xue Fong. Receiving a nod, he quickly dashed for safety behind the much safer counter.
    …………“Zi Yong, I want you to take this to Jing Wen right away.” Xue Fong folded the paper and tossed it to him. “I have come up with a new plan. We must take the book by force, for my patience has wearied thin. Follow me, we need to speak of this in a more ’private’ enviroment.” He lead Zi Yong out of the resturant.
    …………After hearing his SiFu’s plan, he did what he was told.

Thumbs up

Hello, it starts off very good, but could you paragraph your chapters with spacing? It just makes it easier to read.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Yah I figured to, but everytime I do the tab thing it just goes back to the edge after I post it. Do u know how I can paragraph them? Lik indent them?

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Quote Originally Posted by aznangl426
    Yah I figured to, but everytime I do the tab thing it just goes back to the edge after I post it. Do u know how I can paragraph them? Lik indent them?
    yeah i have that problem 2.......y don u try ta spacing the beggining of new paragraphs......or type it onto word w/ the tabs.......or m/b jus press enter twice and then start typing again......

but i do luv ur story.......really interesting.......and could u give me a spoiler.......is it a happy ending or a sad ending......will Jin Wen b w/ You Peng????? i wish they would b 2gether.....i luv happy endings!!!!!!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    yeah i have that problem 2.......y don u try ta spacing the beggining of new paragraphs......or type it onto word w/ the tabs.......or m/b jus press enter twice and then start typing again......

but i do luv ur story.......really interesting.......and could u give me a spoiler.......is it a happy ending or a sad ending......will Jin Wen b w/ You Peng????? i wish they would b 2gether.....i luv happy endings!!!!!!!!!!!
    hehe Yah in the end Jing Wen will end up with You Peng. I've updated to chapter uh.....20 something @ www.winglin.net/fanfic/VAFan2 (part one) www.winglin.net/fanfic/VAFan3 (Part 2) I'll b updating tommorrow and every holiday from now on. haha Lots happened already. Remember to leave a comment!