Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition for Chinese series to have English titles :)

Default Petition for Chinese series to have English titles :)

That would help alot of people who doesnt know mandarin.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    It would help but it's a lot of work. I tried to help before but I went crazy after 3 hours.

there isn't to many chinese series which english subtitles. I understand chinese mandarin so it isn't so bad hearing it first time around. I guess it is best to find a chinese friend and willing to translate with you. I can't read chinese mandarin to much, but listening isn't a problem.

Petition where? I would like for Yesasia to release Taiwanese and China series with English subtitle. They mainly supply Korean and Hong Kong movies only.

Wish these places hired subbers.

Default Subs & dubs

Quote Originally Posted by XiaoYu
    Wish these places hired subbers.
    Make that good subbers. As for dubbing, almost every English dubbed movie etc I've heard was so bad that I turned it off, let the Mandarin flow and let my imagination create the dialog.

Naturally good subbers. People with a personal love of what they're doing, and good command of both languages and cultures

Bad subtitles can ruin the best series ever made.

No, not English dubbed. I would never watch that. Just english subtitles. Actually thats not even needed, I just want the Titles to be English so I have an easier time Identifying what the movie is.

Im for it, i've been looking all over for outlaws of the marsh to buy with english subtitles but i am starting to think there is no where i can buy it with english subtitles. Thats a major disappointment. The people that make those chinese preferrably, but mainly asian movies should remember that there are a lot of people that arent asian that want to see the movies and know whats going on. Plus they would make lots of money if they did that for all the chinese movie/tv series that dont have english subtitles. I'm sure if they knew how many fans of their movies there were, they would definitely make it with english subtitles.

Subbs with good command of Enlish as well as good knowledge of idiomatic Chinese is very hard to find and would not work for the peanut salaries they would be paid.

yea, like the fansub groups of anime. theyre in love with what theyre doing it seems.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

Chinese series on DVD for rental have subtitles do they not?
    i don't mind subtitles as long as they can be switch off.

Thumbs up I am for it!!

On the one hand, not knowing most of what they were saying in Shui Yue Dong Tian and Ling Jing Chuan Qi made us pay more attention, plus we got pretty creative with the nicknames -- we had to call the series "Adventures of What'sisface" because we couldn't figure out the hero's name and his brothers just called him Da Ge. Things got pretty silly trying to figure out what they were saying, which is always good. But there are still plot points that we can't understand (WHY was Tian Qi thrown in jail? Why is his father so impatient with him?!?!) that subtitles would help immensely.

On the other hand, I'd watch a lot more of these things if they had subtitles in English. This would also help people learn more Mandarin. I know I did when "Warriors of the Yang Clan" came out on KCSI with subtitles! You know, it lets people in on what's going on and builds a wider audience. A subtitled version should always be an option!
    Last edited by Kairu; 08-31-05 at 05:28 PM. Reason: show my signature

sign me in I'm planning to buy VCD from yesasia too if there is sub.

Why are people talking about subtitles when the first post was just to request the "titles" of the series to be in English?

But hey, to go with the flow, subtitles would be fun, sometimes. However, it is quite distracting sometimes when you are trying to concentrate on the action or a handsome/cute actor's face, but couldn't help it but read the words that continuously flash across the screen.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

There probably has to be large enough of a market for them to invest so much time, money, and effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    Why are people talking about subtitles when the first post was just to request the "titles" of the series to be in English?
    Because you are the only one who bothered to pay attention to the thread title!

Arrow

If there is english subtitle then people will buy it more because they're still a lot more people out there who doesn't speak chinese. Doesn't matter how much they wanted to watch the movie or not they can't because they won't understand it: same as me. I'm not chinese and I don't understand it much. I usually watch chinese series from thai translation because I could understand thai. But I hope they have english subtitle so I could buy more and get to see more[/FONT].

yea tah will be nice, for me, i like it in it's original voice and language, but wit english subtitle for ppl who dont understand, like korean drama, then i tink more ppl would buy it becuz alot of ppl like watching chinese series, but never really understand what they are saying of if it's dubbed in a different language...
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    then TOO BAD......lol......wat's the point of having an english title if u don't understand the whole series o movie....it would be smarter if u would ask for chineses series to have english subtitle.....
    Last edited by SkyKing; 02-06-06 at 10:02 PM.