Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Story in Harvard

Wow, the fans of Lee Jung-jin aka Alex Hong Jung-min have finally surfaced here.

I feel for his character, I guess we all have been through this, not getting the girl you love, having to endure the pain when you see her happy with someone else and when she does spend time with you, she only talks about him.

I don't think Lee Jung-jin and Kim Min's characters are pointless though. It would be a bore if the whole drama was only about KTH and KRW without all the law scenes, imo. You always need someone to detest, for me it was Kim Min's role and Jason! The drama would have been a little better if Su In had flirted a little more with Alex and not devote herself completely to Hyun-woo so fast.

I found Hyun-woo somewhat irritating too at times, but Su In likes him, that's how the story's written lol

Quote Originally Posted by PinePine
    Personally, I don't know the point of Lee Jung Jin and Kim Min's character. The whole show could've done without them. I guess the scriptwriters wanted to develop something between LJJ and Kim TaeHee at first but then fell short? Especially after they returned to Korea, LJJ and KM's characters were totally unneeded.

I disagree with you 100%….if story is done without Lee Jung Jin and Kim Min characters or unneeded per your opinion then what is the point of the whole story………it will be plain and blank nothing interesting to watch or follow the story……and it will bored the viewers/watchers to the point that they have to turn it off…for me I will definite throw all the dvd in the trash doesn’t matter how much I paid for the dvd sets……..if the whole story is just based on only Kim Tae Hee and KRW…..it will be the most bored series ever.….except a really big fans of KRW…….for what it is I think they show too much of KRW and KTH……….and felt to show more of Lee Jung Jin…………that’s why there is low rated for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_jamz
    Wow, the fans of Lee Jung-jin aka Alex Hong Jung-min have finally surfaced here.

I feel for his character, I guess we all have been through this, not getting the girl you love, having to endure the pain when you see her happy with someone else and when she does spend time with you, she only talks about him.

I don't think Lee Jung-jin and Kim Min's characters are pointless though. It would be a bore if the whole drama was only about KTH and KRW without all the law scenes, imo. You always need someone to detest, for me it was Kim Min's role and Jason! The drama would have been a little better if Su In had flirted a little more with Alex and not devote herself completely to Hyun-woo so fast.

I found Hyun-woo somewhat irritating too at times, but Su In likes him, that's how the story's written lol
    Yeah I agree with you………if Su In had flirted or had more feeling with Alex Hong, and not throw herself completely to Hyun-Woo so fast…. like you said then the story is a lot better and more interesting………that’s what I really want to point out……..but I guess I can’t use the right words or can’t express it the right way….until you posted this. If I am the writer, I will definitely change it to make the story more interesting for the viewers. Hihihi

For some reason, I just don't like Hyun-Woo charactere.......not because I not his fan....but the role in this series is not suitable for him.........!

I really don't see why Su In liked Hyun Woo ... apart from the fact it was scripted. Liked the other guy better even though he couldn't speak English for nuts.

the whole story is just based on only Kim Tae Hee and KRW…..it will be the most bored series ever.….except a really big fans of KRW
    I agree completely. I think it's safe to say I wouldn't watch this show if it wasn't for Lee Jung Jin because I don't like the main pairing at all.

I don't see why Su In likes Hyun Woo either... I don't like it when he yells unecessarily at her. I remember this scene with Jun Ming and Kim Min's character where he yelled at Su In for sitting there and taking the crap that Kim Min's character was saying about her. Yes I get it, it's for her own good but even then I disliked how he was talking to her. It seemed disrespectful or something to me.

The Jason guy is creepy but without him the legal scenes and drama in the show would be kinda pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah29
    I don't see why Su In likes Hyun Woo either... I don't like it when he yells unecessarily at her. I remember this scene with Jun Ming and Kim Min's character where he yelled at Su In for sitting there and taking the crap that Kim Min's character was saying about her. Yes I get it, it's for her own good but even then I disliked how he was talking to her. It seemed disrespectful or something to me.

The Jason guy is creepy but without him the legal scenes and drama in the show would be kinda pointless.
    I agree Hyun-woo is loud and he does yell at Su-in. He also slapped her in the drama It's not the way to treat a lady.... Su-in's really patient with him.

One other thing I don't quite like about Hyun-woo is that he seems to jump to conclusions a bit. When he suspects Alex is involved in a witness's murder, he went straight to Alex and confronted him without giving Alex a chance to talk.

Btw I remember that scene you mentioned. Kim Min was saying things and hinting that Su-in is trying to steal her man, Hyun-woo wasn't happy and scolded Kim Min for saying that of Su-in. And then he stood up and yelled at Su-in to get up and leave. He pulled her out of the restaurant too. And they both quarrelled after that.

I bought the whole series of this drama Love Story in Harvard... I watched it continously for 2 days...

quite ok... but compared with stairway to heaven.. oh.. i enjoy stairway to heaven more.. If you've watched stairway to heaven, you'll feel uneasy when the bad guy becomes good guy in Love story in Harvard "total opposite".
    Example:
    Jason THE EVIL guy is the best secretary, faithful and kind hearted man in Stairway to Heaven

Su In, the innocent girl is actually a v icious, cunning sister in Stairway to Heaven..

That makes me feel very uneasy when watching this drama...

Good ending... but my personal view, this series too short.. i tot they'll be different cases arise n Hyun Woo will show his talent settle it one by one... defeating all other lawyers...
    Throughout the whole drama, they're focusing on one case... quite dissapointed.

I like to watch the moment when they're falling in love in Harvard... one question! Is that really in Harvard.. is that the real atmosphere in Harvard.. or it's very different in reality? And the John Keynes.. is he really John Keynes or just an old guy?

I'm so curious.. can anyone answer my doubts?

Anyway, I love korean dramas.. there'r full of surprises and love...

i'm going to buy it really soon too. it's RM129 in malaysia. how expensive. i missed the part how Su In fell in love with him in harvard. and i LOVE all the romantic scenes. they just make me go so gaga!

Quote Originally Posted by reason
    i'm going to buy it really soon too. it's RM129 in malaysia. how expensive. i missed the part how Su In fell in love with him in harvard. and i LOVE all the romantic scenes. they just make me go so gaga!
    Don't buy at Speedy.

HK Video is selling the same original set for around RM78 - RM80 only

Quote Originally Posted by j@son
    I bought the whole series of this drama Love Story in Harvard... I watched it continously for 2 days...

quite ok... but compared with stairway to heaven.. oh.. i enjoy stairway to heaven more.. If you've watched stairway to heaven, you'll feel uneasy when the bad guy becomes good guy in Love story in Harvard "total opposite".
    Example:
    Jason THE EVIL guy is the best secretary, faithful and kind hearted man in Stairway to Heaven

Su In, the innocent girl is actually a v icious, cunning sister in Stairway to Heaven..

That makes me feel very uneasy when watching this drama...

Good ending... but my personal view, this series too short.. i tot they'll be different cases arise n Hyun Woo will show his talent settle it one by one... defeating all other lawyers...
    Throughout the whole drama, they're focusing on one case... quite dissapointed.

I like to watch the moment when they're falling in love in Harvard... one question! Is that really in Harvard.. is that the real atmosphere in Harvard.. or it's very different in reality? And the John Keynes.. is he really John Keynes or just an old guy?

I'm so curious.. can anyone answer my doubts?

Anyway, I love korean dramas.. there'r full of surprises and love...
    I understand what you mean about Jason and Su-in. I actually finished watching this drama first before Stairway to Heaven, so there's a different effect for me. After seeing Jason, I didn't like seeing him in Stairway, it was hard to get over his "bad" character in Harvard. But for Su-in/Yuri, I couldn't help feeling for her after watching her in Harvard, yea I know Yuri's not an angel in Stairway but I couldn't hate her lol, I instead hate Tae Mira.

No, they didn't use Harvard. Harvard doesn't allow filming on it's campus. If I'm not wrong, they instead filmed in LA, on the UCLA campus. And that is not the real Professor John Keynes. It's an old actor, apparently, the guy passed away recently.

Oh and regarding the ending, check out what I read about the supposedly sad ending as opposed to the happy ending they changed to: "SBS's rival soap 'Love Story In Harvard" will also feature a tragic death scene to keep viewers hooked. Protagonist Soo-in, played by Kim Tae-hee, will lose her life while volunteering as a medical worker in Mexico. The production team recently disclosed that the disease afflicting her character is Lymphomatoid Granulomatosis, which typically destroys the lungs and central nervous system."

Phew, they changed and made her live on. I bought the drama and OST too.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh
    Don't buy at Speedy.

HK Video is selling the same original set for around RM78 - RM80 only
    Wow that's a good price for a Singaporean like myself. but what language are the subtitles in?

Talking

Thanks..slow_jamz for answering all my doubts.

Sigh.. i tot they really filmed it in Harvard. That means the hostels, library, everything are from UCLA. I really got tricked..

To be frank, I like to watch kim min, more than kim tae hee. Cos she's really beautiful. She potrays elegance... and her english is definitely better compared with others.. I read that in reality, she migrated from korea to california. Then, back again to korea and become an actress.

Kim Tae Hee is quite small.. however, in Stairway to Heaven.. i like kim tae hee more than 'Hang Jung Suh'. Haha...

Anyone knows where can i download Love Story in Harvard OST ?

Just finished watching 2nd episode, you guys are absolutely right!! Their english is horrible. I'm watching this with english subtitle and I can't understand their english without reading the subtitle. Even Park Shin Yang and Lee Dong Gun's english from Lovers in Paris are much better than theirs.

Btw, KRW somewhat looks like Michael Miu Kiu Way.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watch the rest of the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by j@son
    Thanks..slow_jamz for answering all my doubts.

Sigh.. i tot they really filmed it in Harvard. That means the hostels, library, everything are from UCLA. I really got tricked..

To be frank, I like to watch kim min, more than kim tae hee. Cos she's really beautiful. She potrays elegance... and her english is definitely better compared with others.. I read that in reality, she migrated from korea to california. Then, back again to korea and become an actress.

Kim Tae Hee is quite small.. however, in Stairway to Heaven.. i like kim tae hee more than 'Hang Jung Suh'. Haha...

Anyone knows where can i download Love Story in Harvard OST ?
    Hm I prefer KTH to KM still.

And yea I think she grew up in USA thus this explains why she's fluent in her English dialogue.

I prefer Yuri to Jung-suh in STH too.

Quote Originally Posted by marla
    Just finished watching 2nd episode, you guys are absolutely right!! Their english is horrible. I'm watching this with english subtitle and I can't understand their english without reading the subtitle. Even Park Shin Yang and Lee Dong Gun's english from Lovers in Paris are much better than theirs.

Btw, KRW somewhat looks like Michael Miu Kiu Way.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watch the rest of the episodes.
    Haha yea the guys' English especially aren't good. Don't know why they didn't want to choose the guys who speak the language better since they are filming partly in USA.

I hope you enjoy the later episodes

Talking you can 'trio'

Quote Originally Posted by thienmy
    I agree with everything that you posted…. I have the same thinking too. I think that Lee Jung Jin did an outstanding job portray his role…matter of fact, he’s a lot better looking and more attractive than KRW…and act a lot better than KRW….sorry to all KRW fans if I defended you….! I just feel bad that on all the websites talked about this series….all they mentioned are all about KRW and KTH……but no one mention or give any credit to Lee Jung Jin……I only reason I finish watching the whole series just because of Lee Jung Jin….matter of fact, this is my first time seen his work…I wish I can see more of his other series too.

The story would be more interesting if the writer show a little more of the bonding or fun times for KTH and Lee Jung Jin together… but the writer fails to do that……..the love that LJJ has for KTH are just as much or even more than KRW has for KTH…the only thing is he is just one step behind KRW……he willing to do or give up anything just for the sake of KTH life…even his soul…..wow what a real man…….but too bad that KTH doesn’t realize that….and he not even has one good meal together with KTH…well, I take it back…actually they do have one nice and romantic meal together while they were still back in the US….the 2nd meal he is so excited and looking forward to it because KTH called and invited him to the dinner….but then Kim Min shown up & ruined big time.

Oh he express so well for his role….especially the part that KTH cry outside of KRW office…he took her out for a drink, play football on the street w/ her and give her a piggyback ride on his back…and all KTH talked about is KRW, how nice and how good kisser he is etc….everything she talked is about KRW…..I can really feel his pain by the way he acted……..and the ending part…when KTH shown up at his office……he cried like a baby…….and he actually get to lead his head on her…while she is rubbing his shoulder.

Overall, this series is not that great but not too bad………and LEE JUN JIN is the highlight and main key for the series. I become his fan after this series…but don’t know why there is not even one website for him……..too bad I don’t know how to come up with the website…otherwise, I would love to create one for him so his other fans can joint too.
    His in the Trio if your inteased in his really good at acting however I haven't seen Love story in Harvad yeh and I don't know should I

Default korean man

i heard from my mother that korean men are actually wife-beaters and MCPs, although korean shows normally are scripted such that the men seem to be like men to die for. Rae Won's character actually shows how a typical korean man treats his wife. He actually slapped her twice in da show, da 1st slap was understandable but da 2nd slap came when she was already diagonsed with cancer. so evil

I think the first slap was uncalled for too. I know he was mad at her for leaving him to do her research and voluntary programme overseas, but he's not her husband yet then, that's not how you treat a lady.

The 2nd slap, at least they were married already and his wife told him she'd rather die (meaning if she did die, she will leave him again, this time forever). I think it's understandable as he cannot bear the thought of losing her once more.

KRW's character is rough in the drama, towards KTH and even towards LJJ. He's always confronting and ready to beat LJJ up even before he confirms it was LJJ's doings.

Well, he is angry over the fact that he wasn't even ready to let her leave. I mean, of course he would let her go, since she is his little angel, and i would let her fly all she want.. and he would wait for her. But she didn't even gave him a chance to say proper goodbye.

Ok, slapping her was way too much of course.. but all i wanted to pointed out that his anger was more than natural. =X.

This series is horrible.. lol.. she will leave him more than once... while she promised him, to leave for the very last time when she was flying back to US lol.
    www.SinoEuro.net - The Sino European Business, Study and Lifestyle community.

Du Gu Qiu Ai - Lonely, in search of love.

[QUOTE=slow_jamz]I think the first slap was uncalled for too. I know he was mad at her for leaving him to do her research and voluntary programme overseas, but he's not her husband yet then, that's not how you treat a lady.

When I saw this part, it was expected that he will give her a slap.

Although he is not her husband yet but their relationship already very deep
    so is naturally he will acted this way.