Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 天涯海角 (The Legend of Heaven's Edge)

Talking 天涯海角 (The Legend of Heaven's Edge)

Prologue

The crimson moon trembled and hid itself away behind the dark, sullen clouds. The shaking of nearby branches seems like distant reverie fading into the dark silent night. A gust of wind whirled and whipped its untold misery followed by the quiet creaking of a broken window and the swinging of an ill-used door. The small hut in the woods rocked and stayed still. Yet all those were seemingly lost on the man standing by the house, awaiting his prey with the quiet patience of a hunter. The haunting features leaked his fiery. The engaging face was calm and controlled. But his thoughts drifted to happier times, happier places…

The sound of approaching footsteps penetrated the stillness of the night. All of a sudden, flares of red sprang up around the man. He jerked sideways with one hand on his saber defensively, but judging by the torch-holders’ expressions, he could tell that they were waiting for something. A dense fog disrupted his vision. Blinking, he looked up again. This time, he was left breathless. In the midst of the fog stood a lady so stunning that she seems unreal. He gripped his saber tighter at the same time speaking in a clear voice “ What important event is happening here to bring the Aqua Killer <<水灵杀手>> of the ice and snow palace《〈冰雪隐宫〉〉 here today?

She smiled coldly and said in a soft, menacing voice “ We’re here for the long-lost swordplay. It’s been lost to the palace for 200 years, until rumors has it that you recently acquired it. I came to see if it is true.”

“There is no swordplay,” he said calmly, “ it’s the dying words of the late legendary founder of the palace. You’ll be wise not to listen to those rumors.”

“No tricks.” She warned. “It’s all over the pugilistic world that for anyone who possessed the dying words, two unknown sources of power known as <<天涯海角>>, as well as the five elements: Gold, Wood, Water, Fire, Earth <<金木水火土>> can become the most powerful individual in the pugilistic world. Your son’s name is Duan Tian Ya 《〈断天涯〉〉. I have long suspected that there’s a connection.”

“Of all the components of the legend, <<天涯>> and <<海角>> play the greatest part. How can such a minor character like my son be worthy of such a role?”

“You underestimated yourself. As for whether your son is really part of the legend…” she stretched out her pale hands, “ you’ll never live to see the day!”

With a swift motion, she made a slit on the man’s neck. He fell to the ground instantly. She smiled with satisfaction as he looked up in agony. She stepped inside the hut. The man gasped as she returned with a bundle. He looked at son one last time, and his eyes closed forever. One of the assets searched for the book of the dying words on the motionless body. She came back with a sealed book.

She looked up “Madam, the book is sealed.”
    “Hmmmm…” she mused, “so the legend is true. All the elements are needed for the book to show its magic. Take the book and the boy.” She ordered. She closed her eyes and disappeared into the night.

Last edited by vanillaskye; 04-02-06 at 03:40 PM.

Lightbulb Picture + Cast

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/vanilla_slushie/haijiao.JPG')

Here below is a preview of the main protagonists:

Note:In the picture above I used Nicholas Tse and Gao Yuan Yuan as Tian Ya and Xin Er. But if your not happy with what you see, then we're welcome to replace them with characters of your own. The story took place in Yuan Dynasty.

Duan Tian Ya<<断天涯>>: An 18-year old famed assasin. At first distant and reserved due to the childhood in the Ice and Snow Palace , then at the end became warmer to those around him. Powerful set of martial arts that's used in various fights with the Mongolian government.

Han name: Hujie Xin<<胡结心>> Mongolian Name: Xin Er Na Tu Mu Er <<心儿娜特穆儿>>: A cheeky, mischevious, spoiled princess of the mongolian government. 17-years-old and has been well-trained in martial arts, weapon usage, and the art of war. Although a little wild and stubborn sometimes, quite a sweet girl inside.
    Last edited by vanillaskye; 08-19-05 at 07:29 PM.

LOL I love Nic Tse I guess I'm definately reading this story lol

Not a big fan of Nic, but a absolute GYY Fan! The prologue seemed interesting enough. Please Update!
    http://6xing.net <-Visit US!

Talking

We know that we haven't updated it for a while........ It's just that school's started and everything..... Please wait a little more.......PLEASE!!!!!!!! The story is really interesting!!!!!!!! And if you read it, please reply!!!!!! Tell us what u think about it. All comments are welcome!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by vanillaskye; 08-24-05 at 08:10 PM.

Lightbulb Ch. 1

Chapter 1

Terror screams pierced the air of a small village as several drunken Mongolian

officials staggered in, blindly waving their swords and loudly demanding wine. At

the lack of wine in the small village, one bellowed loudly and kicked one of the

pleading villagers. They snarled furiously and began waving their blood-stained

swords. In a few moments, the fires of destruction burned through what had once

been a peaceful village. Children were running and screaming for their parents. As

the residents scattered to the distant grasslands, they watched as their homes

are burnt to ashes.

All of a sudden, a fog wrapped itself around the officials. They looked around in

shock. Then out of nowhere came a chilling voice “ Dogs of the government…”

It echoed. “Surrender for a swift death…or else…” “W-who’s there?” they

demanded, looking around anxiously in the fog. When the fog finally cleared, they

saw a figure dressed in white, walking slowly towards them. One of the officials

laughed; he saw the figure’s face. “He’s a mere boy. Take him!” He rushed

forward. The youth smiled coldly and spun his sword into an attacking position.

The official rushed up with a slash of his sword, which the youth dodged easily.

With an easy move, he pinned the attacker’s arm down in an instant. The official

found himself with a sword through him. He groaned helplessly and fell to the

ground. The youth turned his face towards the remaining officials. They had seen

the level of his martial arts and are stiff with fear. One of them frowned “His

martial arts looks like it’s from the ice and snow palace.” He turned when he

heard the chattering of teeth behind him. One of his companions was shivering

with fear. “He…he…he is the ice and snow palace’s famed a-assassin – D-Duan

Tian Ya!

In 18 years, Duan Tian Ya had become one of the most feared and famous assassins

in the pugilistic world. Under the tutorage of the Aqua Killer, he went through his

trained to become a cold-blooded killer. But his handsome face revealed nothing of his

merciless ways except for his eyes- cool and indifferent. Now he positioned

himself, ready to strike.

Suddenly a number of arrows flew towards the officials, piercing their hearts, all

signs of life gone out of them. Tian Ya whipped around only to see an

extraordinarily beautiful girl riding towards him, holding a bow and arrow expertly.

She was dressed in expensive silk and hair garments. As she approached them,

he heard one of her aides say “ Your highness’s archery skills improves a

tremendous amount each day.” Tian Ya gripped his sword tighter. But the girl

barely looked at him. “Get the corpses out of the way.” She ordered, then caught

Tian Ya looking at her with his eyes narrowed and his hands on his sword. She

smirked, turned her back on him haughtily, and rode away into the sunset.

“That’s Princess Xin Er Na Te Mu Er” he heard a voice behind him say. “We Hans call her Princess Hujie Xin.

Tian Ya turned to only to see a scrimpy, raggedy old man behind him. At his

turning, the elder knelt down on the ground and whispered in a scratchy voice “

Our entire village give thanks to our savior.” Tian Ya looked at him briefly, got on

his horse and rode away, leaving the villagers kneeling behind him in confusion.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Princess Hujie Xin galloped to the outer palace in Da Du. At her arrival, the outer

mass of guards and archers bowed their respects to her. Keeping their heads

down, they said in unison “We aides acknowledge Princess Hujie’s arrival. May the

princess live for a thousand years.” None of them had the courage to raise their

heads until she sped past them to the inner palace. Princess Hujie jumped off her

stallion’s saddle and headed towards the inner great hall. At the sight of her

approaching, all the officials knelt down before her. At the far back of the great

hall, sitting on the throne, was a tall, bearded man. His face is filled with battle

scars but even age cannot erase his well-built and alert expression. Hujie Xin ran

to him. “Father!” she cried and hugged him tight. The emperor stroked her hair

and said in a proud voice, “Xin Er, where were you these days. I have spent many

nights worrying about you.” Xin Er grinned “Xin Er has been um…l-learning from

the top artists.” She didn’t add, “and I killed 37 people separately from Shao Lin,

Wu Dang, and E Mei, and wounded 61… “learning” from them.” The emperor

nodded and she continued, her eyes lighting up, “Xin Er wants to be the top artist

of the pugilistic world!” Her father nodded and said heartily “My Xin Er is

ambitious, just like me!” She smiled cheekily “You’re the best father in the world!”

“But maybe too ambitious.” Came a chilling voice from behind her. “Hello, my dear

sister, welcome home.”

The speaker was a roughly built man in his early thirties. His tallness is noticeable

even for a Mongolian. Burly and granite-faced, his strength is evident. But what

draws people in to Prince Keluen Temür is his personal magnetism, that animal

force so necessary for a leader of man. Yet his hot-temper and outbursts marked

his greatest weaknesses. Unlike Xin Er, who leads with her quickness of mind and

sharp wit, he obtains his goals through brutal force.

Now Xin Er looks at him with loathing while her father’s face broke into a broad

smile. “Keluen.” He proclaimed with all the force of a proud father, “your sister has

returned from her journey in the Central Plains.” His lips curled into what Xin Er

assumed is a forced half-smile. She nodded coolly. Keluen smirked at her. “Xin Er.

Those weeks in the Central Plains was a burden to you, I presume? For I’m afraid

you have forgotten your place.” Xin Er narrowed her eyes. “Let me do you a favor

by reminding you.” He continued intensely, “your place in the court of nobles is

the ladylike, calm, and controlled Princess Temür and not the wild princess Hujie

Xin.” Xin Er started to argue, but her father brushed it away. “He does have a

point. Xin Er, when will you ever learn to be ladylike?” Xin Er pouted while the

emperor’s face strafed into a yawn. He gave his children notices to join him at

supper in the back garden that evening and retreated into his chambers, leaving

Xin Er and her brother to their glaring contest.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Xin Er went into her sleeping chambers in a rage. She eyed her silk pillow and

began punching it furiously. Just then, Granny Wong, her childhood nurse,

appeared in the doorway, her wrinkled face filled with disapproval. Xin Er saw the

hint of another lecture and decided that the best defense is a strong offense. Xin

Er immediately rushed to her for a warm embrace. “Granny Wong! I missed you so

much!” she exclaimed, “Oh…I…” But her nurse was well aware of her tricks. She

led Xin Er to her dressing table and undid her hair. As her long hair fell past her

shoulders, Xin Er winced with anticipation. As she suspected, the lecture began

with “Xin Er, when will you ever learn your place as the princess Temür?”

Xin Er replied at the cue. “Yes. I’ll try my best.”

Granny Wong sighed. “Xin Er, you are not a little girl anymore. It’s time to stop

pretending to be the stubborn, headstrong Princess Hujie.” She frowned at the

Han name. “…and start being Princess Temür-the poised, refined…”

“But you never said anything when I was young.” Xin Er whined.

Granny Wong smiled as she combed Xin Er’s hair. “That was when you’re a little girl.

But now you’re almost 17…It’s time to think about marriage.”

Xin Er said in disgust. “I don’t need a husband. I’m perfectly capable of running an

empire by myself. Not many can surpass me in martial arts”

Her nurse protested gently. “Martial Arts is not all that matters. Your husband

should be a nice young man.”

“If I do have a husband…” Xin Er began, “which I won’t!” she added hastily. “He

needs to love me for WHO I am, not WHAT I am.”

She suddenly reminded the confused look on Duan Tian Ya’s face earlier that day,

and before she can control herself, she collapsed into giggles.

Last edited by vanillaskye; 12-06-05 at 10:43 PM.

Lightbulb

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/vanilla_slushie/poster1.jpg')
    __________________________________________________ _________________

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/vanilla_slushie/poster2.jpg')
    Last edited by vanillaskye; 09-16-05 at 05:43 PM.

Lightbulb Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The familiar ambience of the Ice and Snow Palace rose up to greet him as Duan Tian Ya made his way through
    Bingyuan path. As he rode briskly, the sound of a waterfall tinkled in his ears.

Flashback:

“Ao Xue Shi Mei!” He was 8, a quiet, slightly mischievous boy. He saw his shi mei

running towards him through the long grass and smiled. After she caught up with

him, they looked at each other expectantly. Tian Ya gave a slight, barely

noticeable nod. They raced to their favorite area of Ice and Snow palace, the

cascading waterfall and the crystal clear pond that the waterfall flowed into. They

stood at the edge of the waterfall and leaped down, linking hands as they went.

Tian Ya and Ao Xue splashed into the cool, refreshing water, laughing as they

rose to the surface…

End Of Flashback

He smiled to himself, lost in thought until the soaring melody of the (qin)zither

reached his ears. Judging by the tune of it, the player was in a light-hearted

mood, the tune of “Blizzard’s Wake” floated across the distant shores of the

hidden lake. He approached the red and gold pavilion that stood a little way apart

from the rest of palace. In the midst of the heavenly surroundings, the pavilion

seemed like another world. One away from all the affairs of the pugilistic world. He

saw the player sitting quietly, facing the glistening waters, listening to the lapping

of the water against the shores.

The figure turned and faced him with a gentle smile on her face. Every time Tian

Ya sees his Shi Mei, her beauty takes his breath away. She‘s a slender girl. If she

is like any other girls, with her exquisite, almond-shaped eyes and her willowy

figure, she can have anything, or anyone, her heart desires. But Ao Xue is not like any other

girl. She is bound, just as he is, to the strict rules and regulations of the Ice and

Snow Palace. Sometimes, he sensed sadness in her voice, but perhaps it’s just an

echo. If Ao Xue is joyless at the moment, however, she hid it well. Her eyes

sparkled at the sight of him, and she smiled a rare smile. “You are back!”

Last edited by vanillaskye; 09-26-05 at 06:11 PM.

Lightbulb

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/vanilla_slushie/xe1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/vanilla_slushie/ax1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/youchenxi/qmd.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/youchenxi/dgxh.jpg')
    Last edited by vanillaskye; 09-26-05 at 06:07 PM.

Thumbs up

Wow!!! Those are GORGEOUS posters!!!!!!! I love Nic!!! I'm dying to know what happens next. Update soon!!!

Thx. Im writing ch.3 right now.

great story and pictures. where did u get the pictures?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Talking

Thanx!!!!!!! We made the pictures on Photoshop.....

She wrapped her thin arms around him into a soft embrace. Almost immediately,

she realized her actions, and swiftly removed her arms from his shoulders,

blushing slightly. Tian Ya grinned mischievously and brushed a strand of hair away

from her pale cheeks. “Do you know what I brought back with me?” he asked,

with a devious smile, alight on his face. Ao Xue pondered for several moments

before she shook her head. Tian Ya held out his thumb. Ao Xue laughed as she

pressed her own thumb to his- a childhood gesture to keep a secret. Tian Ya held

out his remaining hand from behind his back. He held a thin pamphlet. It’s faded

cover imprinted with the words “Teng Long Sect; Swordplay of Illusion Shadows.”

Ao Xue gasped, “You stole this?”

“Borrowed.” Tian Ya replied with a smirk. “And besides, I was only following Shi Fu’s orders.”

Almost at once, a voice echoed above them. “Well done, Tian Ya.” They turned to

see a blur of colors as a swirl of wind rushed past them. They both recognized the

Lightness Martial Art as their Shi Fu’s “Sunset of Dreams”, created by her when

she was alone in her chamber. Swiftly, Tian Ya and Ao Xue placed their palm

across their hearts and as their heads bowed, they called in unison. “Shi Fu.”

The middle-aged woman landed several paces away from them. Her bright eyes

fixed on them while her long, dark hair was flowing freely in the wind. Currents of

black silk wavered as her regal features softened into a rare smile. Tian Ya

suddenly found himself wondering if it is just his luck to be surrounded by

beautiful woman. His two other Shi Fu’s faces are lined with aged battle scars and

gaunt, hollow faces. However, his female teacher has the looks of a young

woman. Her face seems to have escaped time’s notice. Her skin, like Ao Xue’s, is

crystal clear. Yet she seems to impose a heavy presence in the atmosphere.

Tian Ya began to report to her his mission. “4th Ranked official in the government,

Hu Jiang of Xuzhou will not be bothering anyone anymore.” He began. “He’s

disposed into the Ji An River.” His teacher nodded her approval, then smiled again

to Tian Ya. “Welcome home.”

It was several days later when Tian Ya suddenly asked, “Ao Xue, do you know

who Princess Hujie Xin is?”

Ao Xue looked astonished. “The Princess? Of course.”

He nodded and told her about how the soldiers died in the hands of their own

princess. “I did not get a clear view of her from a distance, but she seems

younger than what I would have expected of such an expert archer.”

Ao Xue nodded, “She is spoiled, or so I have heard. She has every right to be. In

the pugilistic world, there is not one who does not have the slightest drop of envy

towards her.” She sighed. “Sometimes, I would wonder about her life and

how…how she’s the object of affection for so many…” Her voice trailed off in horror

as she tried to correct herself. “I-I didn’t mean. S-She is the daughter of our

enemy after all. I shouldn’t…shouldn’t be saying such things.

But as Ao Xue fell asleep that night, her thoughts drifted to the Princess, about

her perfection in life. She hopes that Hujie Xin knows how fortunate she is to be

loved by the courts and everyone around her.

-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-//-

NOTE: THE ACTORS MENTIONED IN THIS FANFICTION DOES NOT MEAN THE CHARACTERS’ ACTUAL APPEARANCES. THEY ARE MERELY PLAYING THIS ROLE BUT NOT TO BE THOUGHT OF AS WHAT THE CHARACTERS REALLY LOOK LIKE

Xin Er’s earliest memories were those of her father. In her mind, he is nothing but

a busy stranger. A shade of gray in her world of dulled colors. As a child, she

spent her days wandering aimlessly around the palace until she is discovered by

one of the maids or sentries and brought back to her chambers. Watching other

palace children being loved and occasionally chided by loving fathers and mothers,

the young girl couldn’t help feeling a sense of loneliness. She often sat in the

dark, creating lovely fantasies of her family. Her father will always be there beside

her. Instead of her nurse asking whether she needs to summon the royal

physician when Xin Er woke up, screaming from her nightmares, her father would

wrap his arms around her and tell bedtime stories. Her mother would be nearby,

humming a soft lullaby. When she’s asleep, they would both kiss her and sit

nearby, watching their daughter in her sleep.

Then a sharp-tongued nurse would find her in the dark and tell her that her

mother is dead. Her father has a myriad of sons and daughters, not all will even

have the chance to see him once. Then her dreams and fantasies will shatter.

Until the next day, when she will place them together again, piece by piece, in her

own world with her dreams.

Aside from her pretense scenarios, Xin Er’s world is filled with harsh, demanding

strangers. If the concubines of the palace were emotional victims of the emperor,

so was Xin Er- perhaps even more so. Feeling unwanted and unloved, and did not

know how to cope as a child, Xin Er blamed herself for the lack of affections. One

day, she overheard two maids talking about how the emperor values talent and

well-learned scholars. An idea sparkled in Xin Er’s mind. From that day onwards,

she began to haunt the imperial library. Overnight, she developed an interest in

the fine arts, giving orders to hire masters in each separate expertise. Over the

next few years, Xin Er drove herself harshly. By the time she was ten, Xin Er

managed to memorize every book in the imperial library by heart. Became expert

in the arts of dance, music, chess, and painting. Her music tutor discovered her

extraordinary voice. Once, caught up in a particular song, Xin Er had sung it

through the night. Palace guards heard it and reported night morning that a ghost

is haunting the palace, a ghost with the voice of an angel. As Xin Er grew older,

her features began to mature. Those who were asked to portray the Princess

found themselves stumbling to found a description of her extraordinary beauty.

Artists hired to paint her often resigned at the job, mumbling to themselves that

they are simply not skilled enough to capture her stunning looks. Legend soon

spread around the palace that Xin Er is a goddess from heaven. If the palace was

captivated by her appearance, Xin Er is oblivious to it. No one in the palace dares

to compliment her and she rarely sees strangers. Most often, she found it easier

to pose as a boy. The hems and bodices in her dresses became an annoyance.

Through the years, the only thought that kept her strong was the thought of not

merely seeing her father, but to talk to him…and to hear his voice.

On her 15th birthday, everything changed for Xin Er. Her father’s messengers

delivered an invitation, requesting her presence at a gathering. In it he mentioned

a certain distant relative of hers. Xiu He is the daughter of the Chang Nan king to

the North. Her father remarked of her cousin’s fame of being a beautiful girl and a

graceful lady in the court. Immediately, Xin Er ordered her maids to put forth her

best dress. If her father prefers a dignified, tame lady of the court, then that is

exactly what she’ll become.

On that day, Xin Er’s dress is made of the most exquisite design, grand enough

for a queen. Soon after she put it on, however, she began to regret her decision.

Her dress bounded tightly to her waist, almost suffocating her. The shoes that the

maids put out for her feels as if she is being scratched by thorns every step she

took. However, she gritted her teeth and bit back the words of complaint.

It was a different girl who stepped into the large hall that day. At her arrival,

several young officials held their breaths, almost scared that this goddess will

vanish before their eyes. The new girl stepped in. Just as the officials began to

recall the ability to breathe, she turned her gaze towards them. Bewitched, they

caught sight of her dark, mysterious eyes, framed by long lashes, curling softly at

the tips of her eyes. The girl nodded to each of them politely. It is perhaps,

fortunate, that she turned away at the moment, for she is certainly capable to be

the cause of death for many men present that day. Walking towards her father,

the girl gave a perfect curtsy. The man at the throne, the girl’s father, studied her

carefully. The emperor has seen exquisite women from every region. Every one

stunning. Yet their images of beauty in his mind seems to wilt in his daughter’s

appearance. The girl, though no more than sixteen, has the mesmeric beauty of

an immortal. Her slender figure, and dark, silken hair compliments the girl’s fair,

flawless complexion. The emperor felt himself numb with shock. Her resemblance

to her mother is startling.

Xin Er felt the butterflies in her stomach grew with every step. When she curtsied,

she felt her knees wobble and managed to steady herself before she fell in front

of everyone. She is aware of everyone’s gaze on her and the butterflies in her

stomach expanded to the size of dinosaurs.

As the banquet began, Xin Er, unfortunately, was placed beside her cousin.

“Great.” She had thought dully, “All the better to the our contrasts.”

Xin Er observed Dugu Xiu He carefully. Her kindred is exquisite, she admitted to

herself unwillingly, delicate figure and finely arched features. Xin Er imitated her

cousin’s way of speaking and dining, managing to keep her reserve. Only once did

she experience any cacophony through supper. She had slightly turned sideways,

causing one of her hair garments to pin into her neck. She gave a cry of pain. As

the officials turned, Xin Er whispered to her cousin, “I screamed because I saw a

spider the size of my hand, crawling towards you.” Dugu Xiu He’s yelps of alarm

directed the attention away from her. Xin Er grinned wickedly at her triumph inside

while plastering on a look of horrified alarm.

A few days after, her father discovered the extent of her knowledge and her

remarkable array of talents. Over the next two years, Xin Er became

indispensable, writing treaties and editing parchments declaring war. Her brother

Keluen, older and stronger, became an instant hindrance. Battles of both wit and

power raged between the two. To Xin Er, the war between them is not for power.

To her, the battles are merely there so she could test her newly developed

military strategy. However, the knowledge that given a chance, Keluen will not

hesitate to eliminate her is fresh in her mind.

It was one of her sword matches with Keluen, however, that resulted in her

greatest, strongest rival, Duan Tian Ya.

Tian Ya staggered into his quarters, drained from the training. He had a

particularly demanding session that day. His Shi Fu had forced in a tremendous

amount of inner energy into his body. Finally, the inner energy had reached their

peak from the amount poured into him that they burst several main blood vessels.

His blood was spilt all over the walls of the room. As soon as he maintained

control of the new energy, he was summoned to the training courts. Practicing for

several hours after the transfer left him devoid of strength. But such training is

common and he had long gotten used to it. It is the reason he survived while so

many others are corpses, rotting in the dust. Selection in the Ice and Snow Palace

began at six. During the early days, children were eliminated based on their

performance in adaptation, speed in learning and mental stability. Those unable

to pass the examinations were eliminated to prevent them from revealing the

palace’s secrets. As the children grew older, physical challenges filled their lives.

Provided their own their own instincts, the children were put to various tests for

survival. At the age of twelve, those who survived were made a part of the

palace. The children swore allegiance to return the Han dynasty to its former glory

at all costs. The Mongolians are their greatest enemies and are never to be

spared.

Tian Ya had grown up in the palace, told that he was an orphan at birth, and had

long became used to the rules of the palace. As a child he developed a

determined, fierce aptitude for survival. Tian Ya is several years younger than

many children in the palace. Yet his keen intelligence and his reputation of being

an unbeatable fighter made him a legend among the children in the palace. He

was a natural leader. Over the years, bands of children had formed in the palace.

Taking over the control of one of the largest groups, Tian Ya launched several

strategic attacks throughout the next few months. His tactics invented as a child

gained the admiration of both youths and adults alike. By the end of that

particular year, Tian Ya, who was eight, had united all bands of children, with him

as their leader. It was on that day in which Tian Ya caught sight of a girl in the

midst of the crowd. Aside from the rules of the palace, the children themselves

formed a system of hierarchy. New arrivals were to pay tribute to their leader as a

sign of loyalty and respect. Tian Ya enjoyed it tremendously. The girl came

forward. She sobbed quietly to herself, as her pale skin seems to glow in the

darkness of the cave in which they held their meetings. Qian Wu, Tian Ya’s official

War advisor commanded her name. “Ao Xue” the girl had whispered. The

insecurity and vulnerability about her touched Tian Ya somehow. That night, he

found her crying softly under the willow trees. Tian Ya knelt down beside her and

flashed his best smile at her. Surprised, she forgot to cry and stared at him with

large, frightened eyes. “Do you like Sugar-Covered Rock Candy?” he suddenly

asked, “I have some in my room.” He grinned mischievously, “Don’t tell Shi Fu, of

course.” Ao Xue looked shocked. Then a small smile appeared on her face and she

nodded. Tian Ya stood up, extending his hand. The two children remained

unseparable ever since. Both orphans, the closest thing Tian Ya and Ao Xue have

to a family is each other. The many hardships faced only served to strengthen

their bond.
    Last edited by vanilla_skye; 03-15-06 at 12:00 PM.

The years passed by and the tests increased in difficulty. Tian Ya, a quick learner,

swiftly realized the hints given before the tests on the previous day. Overnight,

he and Ao Xue will spend their time in the library, reading about their tasks the

next day and learning the basics of Martial Arts for tomorrow.

At sixteen, Tian Ya was sent on his first assignment. On the way, he realized he is

the reason for glances his way from girls. Quickly realizing it as a powerful asset,

Tian Ya unleashed his charm on all female targets. Usually, one smile from him

would dazzle them enough to pour out everything they know to him. Although

Tian Ya sees himself personable enough, he has never understood why he

attracted so much attention, nor does he care for any. At sixteen, he was

strikingly handsome. Girls would dream about his dark, stormy eyes, his unruly

hair that seems to always fall perfectly over his eyes, and his killer smile. In

physical appearance, he neared perfection, portraying many girls’ man of their

dreams. His easy, boyish manner and wit drew many unwanted interests. As a

result, Ao Xue became a subject of jealousy among girls in the palace.

Tian Ya struggled to fall asleep, yet the thoughts of tomorrow are clear in his mind

as he remembered his Shi Fu’s instructions for his next mission.

The Teng Long Sect is to hold a Sword Induction Ceremony to deem an
    appropriate owner for their famous sword, The Illusion Shadow. You will be
    competing against some of the most advanced Martial Arts Experts in all of the
    central plains. Also, I want you to note the Princess Hujie Xin. She will be there.
    From what I have heard, she is an extraordinary beauty. Beware of her tricks;
    that girl is up to no good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xin Er wondered suddenly if she is downed by some rare maniac disorder in her

family. As far as she can tell, she is the only one, perhaps in the entire palace,

prone to challenge such an impossible task. She wracked her brain, trying to

remember if any of her ancestors were mentally handicapped. Finding none, she

began to trace her thoughts back to the food she had eaten. She swore in a most

unladylike way. The sword is unreachable. She’s only to die when competing with

some of the central plain’s most deadly experts. Finding nothing to blame her

actions on, she blamed her brother for destroying her sword.

In a sword match, Keluen’s sword had snapped hers in half. His blade is made of

the purest silver from the mountains, hardened over thousands of years. Her
    prized sword is no match for his. One of her men ad informed her of Teng Long

sect’s priceless sword. It is precisely her flaw of determined competition that has

gotten her into trouble. She suddenly wondered if Duan Tian Ya will be there. She

had seen him from a distance that day and had seen the level of his martial arts.

She sarcastically added another reason to her long list of why she is insane to go

to the induction.

The air increased in tension as every leader of attending sects arrived. Tian Ya

said nothing as he quietly observed each one while subconsciously looking for the

Princess. So far, the only woman he had seen is plump and middle-aged, with a

double chin and a bellowing voice. Tian Ya had serious doubts about her being the

young girl he had sighted briefly that day. All of a sudden, murmurs rose among

the crowd. Tian Ya turned only to see a girl

approaching them.

Xin Er scrutinized the crowd for nothing in particular. She observed several

legendary masters in the pugilistic world present. But mostly, her attention

focused on what she assumed could only be Duan Tian Ya.

Tian Ya watched as she made her way through the muttering groups of people. As

she sat down, he studied her carefully. He had noticed that she was exceptionally

beautiful that day. But his brief impression had left no time for him to actually see

her face clearly. Seeing her up close, he understood what the murmurs in the

crowd were about. The princess’s complexion is flawless- paler than an average

Mongolian or perhaps even a Han. The girl’s features are on the verge of maturity,

but not quite so- still leaving some traces of delicate coyness of a young girl. She’s

just his age, perhaps even a little younger. Dark strands were left undone, falling

down to her middle back. High cheekbones with long, curling lashes framing a set

of luminous black eyes gave her face the look of a ravishing beauty.

Meanwhile, Xin Er’s eyes are also carefully inspecting Tian Ya. Despite her lack of

experience in telling apart the men with good looks and the men that doesn’t, this

time she is positive Duan Tian Ya is handsome, or is considered handsome by the

rest of the female population with her as an exception. A perfect build, with dark

hair falling casually over his eyes. Just then, he looked up; his stormy eyes caught

hers in a swift gaze. She found herself melting into them as the tints of light gray

formed currents of electricity before an approaching storm. She caught herself

before she fell off the edge of her chair. He broke away the eye contact. Xin Er

sighed with relief and her breathing gradually returned to normal. She tried to

look at everything but him…and his eyes. She caught sight of several men behind

him staring open-mouthed. Unfortunately, the men seemed to look like ugly

brutes to her after Duan Tian Ya. She gave a smile and nodded.

Tian Ya saw the Princess smile and felt his men leaning forward to catch a better

look of her. He threw them a warning glance and cleared his throat. They quickly

shifted their gaze to the ground then bowed their heads. Tian Ya summoned the

head of his men. “My lord?” the man inquired.

“Order the men to make no contact with the Princess.” He looked at his men.

“Those who refuse to follow my orders will be executed immediately.”

The man bowed and retreated.

A snap in a distance caught Tian Ya's attention. An untrained ear would never

have caught the sound. Almost at once, a fibered net from above fell on the crowd

of people...
    Last edited by vanilla_skye; 03-15-06 at 12:01 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/vanilla_slushie/poster3.jpg')

Wink

Xin Er awoke in feverish state. Her lips are dry and parched. She’s

weak as water, feeling the walls for support, she struggled to stand. It is dark all

around. She sensed that she’s in a prison cell. Her long hair, original tied back

with a ribbon, had fled loose. Her clothes are soaked with perspiration. Fighting

waves of dizziness, she scrambled up on her feet. She pushed back her hair

impatiently and promised herself that one day she’ll cut it as short as a man’s. A

field of black appeared into front of her and she almost fell back. All of a sudden,

she felt someone catch her arm and steady her.

A voice came to her in the darkness, surprising familiar. “Princess…we meet

again.”

There was a small cell window, equipped with metal bars, which a small amount of

light filtered through. The figure took a breath and stepped into the light.

Xin Er gasped aloud, “De Feng.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It was a year ago when Xin Er first encountered him. His father, De Kun, is the

king of a massive tribe in the North. De Feng had been eighteen to her fifteen. At

their arrival, Xin Er’s father welcomed their honored guests into the main hall. Xin

Er was placed to the left of her father, as Keluen is placed on the right. Their

father rose for a deep bow as the King returned as gesture. De Kun is a massive

man, bearded and tall- a commanding sight. Written in his adorned scars told

stories of raids and victory, of blood-thirst and deadly ambitions. The King is

dressed in his native clothing. Behind him stood several slaves, each carrying a

myriad of gifts. A young man behind him approached the emperor and bowed. “My

son, De Feng.” The King announced proudly in his gruff voice.

Xin Er mentally listed the qualities of the young Prince.

Dashing
    Well-Dressed
    Noble Mien
    Unscarred Skin
    Wiry Built

Five excellent reasons she hated him on sight. She’s familiar with young men of

similar purposes. They’re dukes and princes. They’re wealthy merchants and rich

business owners. All to achieve one goal- her. Some came for the power the

engagement would give. Some came for the fame of marrying a legendary beauty.

By now, Xin Er could mentally list the order they would choose to present

themselves.

First, they would bow, as De Feng is before her. Then, they would choose flattery

and describe her beauty. After that, they would boast of their accomplishments.

Finally, they would end with an invitation for her to join them at a particular place.

De Feng proved to be no exception. The moment he met her gaze, he flashed a

dazzling smile. “O Princess. Your beauty surpasses those who are goddesses of

the heaven. In our tribe, we have a legend saying whoever encounters a maiden

of such beauty, she is a goddess reincarnated.” He smiled wryly, “Then I must be

one of the few fortunate one, for I have yet to have seen one with beauty that

surpass yours.’

Xin Er responded sweetly, “If what you say is true, then a woman’s most

desirable quality is based on her looks alone, as according to a man is it not?

Then what’s the difference between a living, breathing human woman and a

portrait painted on a canvas, O Prince?”

The man’s eyes darted from one corner to the other, apparently trapped by her

words. “I believe that a woman’s duty is to her own appearance, as well as to her

husband.” He concluded lamely. Before Xin Er had a chance to rebuke, he

continued swiftly, “Princess, I present to you the skin of a tiger I hunted at the

Sichuan Mountains.” Xin Er noted one of his servant’s clear look of displeasure.

“So he is the one who killed the tiger.” Xin Er thought, “That glory-claiming idiot.”

“…Of course…” The Prince now babbles on, “The tiger collapsed at once because

of my aim.” He paused to study her expression, “…Did I ever mention that I am an

expert archer, Princess?”

By then, Xin Er was reaching the end of her patience. “I have picked up some skills in

archery myself. Perhaps your highness would care to enlighten me in the training

fields?”

The Prince was clearly surprised, “A Princess with some skills in archery. An

aristocrat of many talents I presume.”

The small court followed them to the archery court. The Prince pretended to be an

expert and chose a light, simple bow.

“Let’s start by matching our skills.” Xin Er suggested, pointing to the target.

“As you wish, Your Highness.”

He took aim, and Xin Er immediately noticed that he is an amateur. He took a

breath and released the arrow. Xin Er watched as the arrow veered to the left of

the target, about to miss it completely. A pebble was suddenly flung. It hit the

arrow deftly, knocking it in the direction of the target. The arrow hit the center of

the target solidly. Xin Er does does even need to look to know that De Feng’s

Father, De Kun, is the thrower of the pebble.

Xin Er laughed lightly and picked up her bow. Taking aim, the arrow flew towards

the center and pierced De Feng’s previous arrow in shreds.

It is De Kun who spoke, “Your Highness’s inner strength is remarkable.”

“That’s only the beginning, Old Man.” Xin Er thought indignantly. Aloud she

thanked him and smiled sweetly. “Shall we try again, since there is no clear

winner.” De Feng nodded in agreement.

He picked up his bow again. This time the arrow slanted to the right. Out of the

corner of her eye, Xin Er saw De Kun’s pebble speeding again towards the arrow.

Swiftly, Xin Er picked up her own pebble from the ground and flicked it towards

the pebble, knocking it out of its original intended path. De Kun’s pebble never

reached the arrow. De Feng gave a gasp as his arrow flew out of the target’s

range.

“It’s the Mongolian winds.” He claimed, now a deep red. “It’s so different.”

Xin Er politely agreed that it is the wind. “I apologize for our wind, Prince. Affecting

your aim like that.” She picked up her bow and took aim. “I, on the other hand,”

She released the arrow, “…do not have to worry…” The crowd watched as the

arrow found its mark at the center of the target.

They left the next day and Xin Er never saw them again, until then.

Last edited by vanilla_skye; 05-02-06 at 10:28 AM.

Tian Ya half-opened one eye from his pretense slumber to study

the scene before him. The heads of each sects are there. All but him are

unconscious from the deadly poison released by the Teng Long Sect. They are in

a stone chamber. Carved on the walls are the symbolic dragons of the sect. A

short, lightweight man is scurrying about, fastened the ropes around them. He

sighed, slightly insulted that the sect believes that the poison could keep him

under control. A dozen guards is the least of his expectations. Yet they reasoned

that poison, even a fairly strong one, could stop him. He scorned and built up his

inner strength to repel the last of the poison from his body. There are no

windows in the chamber, but he figured it was nighttime. He had spent time

learning about the foundation of the building. The room, if his hypothesis is

correct, is near the center of the structure. He stretched himself and flexed his

tensed muscles. Time to get to work. He groped for his dagger. Finding it

strapped to his boots, his fingers closed on it and lashed the ropes around his to

shreds.

Startled, the short man turned with a jump. He saw Tian Ya and began to

tremble. He edged back slowly. Tian Ya stood up and faced him.

“A-aren’t you s-supposed to be d-drugged?” The man stammered, looking ready

to wet his pants.

Tian Ya smirked, “If a little poison like that is all it’s going to hurt me, then it’ll be a

dead man you see before you today.”

The man looked so frightened that Tian Ya almost feels sorry for him. Almost. He

reached for his sword, but his hand closed on thin air. He bit back the urge to kill

the man in front of him and swore. The sword he carried has always been part of

him. Now he feels as through some part of him is missing. “First I’ll get this man to

talk, then a stab with the dagger is all that it’s going to take.” He flashed the man

a genial, easy smile.

“Let’s talk.” He suggested. “Like civilized men.”

The man’s eyes widened in fear, wondering what the boy is up to.

“I’m not up to anything.” Tian Ya assured him lightly, reading his thoughts.

The man tried to run. Tian Ya lunged swiftly, cornering his exit. In an instant, the

victim found a sharp-edged dagger at his throat. The cold metal burned his skin.

The youth smiled a wolfish smile. “All I want to know.” He said politely, “Is where

the treasure room of this sect is…please.”

The man bit his lip and shut his eyes, obviously awaiting his death. “You don’t

HAVE to die.” Tian Ya remarked, “Being the gentleman I am, I’m offering you a

choice.”

The frightened man opened his eyes. A look of indecision came across his face.

Honor or life.

“And besides,” Tian Ya continued, “I’m not just going to kill you. First to be

chopped of are your legs, then your arms.” He said calmly, unflinching, “Then,” he

slid the tip of the dagger towards the man’s eyes, “the next to go will be your

pupils.”

Tian Ya confided, “It’s a fate worse than death.”
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Several moments later, Tian Ya was studying a detailed map of the Teng Long

Sect. He pored over the various traps the exits, learning them by heart. When he

knows the construction by memory, he sighted the nearest fireplace and burned

the map to ashes in order to destroy all evidence of him ever knowing the map.

He stole a quick glance at the lifeless corpse a few feet away from him. He shook

his head ruefully, wondering when they’ll ever learn that they’ll never live no

matter how hard they beg. All that results is his clothes getting stained by tears

and saliva. He refreshed his memory on the structure of the sect. It exists as one

of the most heavily guarded and trapped buildings he has ever come across. The

Teng Long sect is located near a water reservoir. Using the water as power for

the many mechanisms, the treasure chamber is almost impenetrable.

He cursed himself for his stupidity. He had been warned by sources that finding

an owner for the sword might not be the sole purpose of the Teng Long sect. But

he was too busy staring like a fool at that damn girl’s face. His thoughts

wondered to the Princess. Is she part of the scheme? She was not among the

captives. He cleared his thoughts and blamed himself again for not paying

attention to more pressing matters. He unbolted the door of his cell and strolled

out with the easy confidence of a young master in his own manor.

Xin Er shouted her answer to De Feng’s persistent question for the last time, her

patience reaching its limits (Yes, she does remember him). He rattled on about his

love and devotion, sounding duller than an old scholar reading off the book of

morals.

“Princess,” He pressed on, “I love you and I’ll go to the end of the world for you.

Please say that you have changed your mind about me.”

“Why doesn’t he just go to the end of the world for me and stay there?” Xin Er

thought indignantly. “I am most flattered.” Xin Er said to him through clenched

teeth, “yet I must refuse.”

To Xin Er’s surprise, De Feng smiled, “You have spirit, Princess, as well as fiery

determination. That, Milady, is precisely why I am so attracted to your charms. Not

all girls can have such a clear idea of what they want in life.”

Xin Er groaned inwardly, that fool obviously is not intelligent enough to

comprehend the concept of refusal.

Xin Er cleared her throat, “Your Highness.” She tried to make him understand. “I

would rather bait myself as a parody to the whole court by hopping on one foot

and singing at the top of my lungs as opposed to marrying you.”

She jumped as De Kun’s cold voice approached them. “My son. Do not waste time

trying to convince this headstrong girl.” The voice sniggered. “She does not even

know what love is at such a young age.”

Xin Er whirled around. De Feng is as dumb as doornails, yet his father is certainly

capable to turning her blood to ice.

“If you cannot have her as your bride,” De Kun advised, “at least take her as

loot.”

Xin Er’s heart started racing. Loot does not sound like a pleasant word. Every

instinct screamed for her to run. But Xin Er’s mind is racing to find a way in order

to run and, at the same time, look dignified. Finally deciding that it is impossible to

flee the scene without appearing as through she is trying to catch a chicken for

supper, Xin Er decided that fighting her way out would be a more dignified

approach. She reached for her sword. Finding it gone, she whipped right and

unbelted De Feng’s sword with lightning movements. His response is too late.

She held his sword in front of her. Xin Er felt tense. The sword is made of light

metal. She strongly suspected that De Feng’s only use for it is as a prop. Even her

own sword, valued for its lightness and speed, is about twice as heavy. Yet she

felt like collapsing under the weight she now holds in her hand. Her heart rate

quickened. Shakily, she tried to draw inner energy from her body. Nothing. She

tried again, this time using all her strength. Then she felt a trickle of poison in her

veins, blocking the release of her martial arts. Her movements are still intact. Yet

without her inner strength she cannot last for long. Fear pounded inside of her.

She edged back slowly, with the sword in front of her like a shield. Her heart

became a loud hum in her ears. De Kun smiled a smile of a tiger that found its

next prey. Xin Er fought a wave of terror to look around for something, anything.

The two edged closer, grinning with menace. Her time is running out. She

scanned around. Finally, she saw something. Her route to freedom. On a brick of

the cell marked a faded symbol that craftsmen in the olden days used to mark a

possible underground cell under their current location. It signifies the possibility of

the collapse of the cell that they are currently standing on if one hits that single

brick. She began attacking the brick with the hilt of De Feng’s sword.

De Feng approached her, apparently puzzled by her actions. “Princess, what-“

De Kun saw the symbol. “What do you think you’re doing, girl?” he exclaimed in

horror. He grabbed his son by the forearm and dragged him out of the range of

the collapse. Xin Er aimed her hits with a single-minded determination at the

symbol. De Feng looked around with some nervousness. “Princess, “ he

swallowed, “What are…”

That’s when the whole cell crumbled and fell beneath its weight, taking the

Princess with it.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Tian Ya carefully picked at the last lock of the sword container. The treasure

chamber of Teng Long Sect is surprisingly unguarded. In the center of the room

lies the sword, protected by a sealed container. Tian Ya grimaced. The locks are

possibly the hardest to hack in the central plains. They are each specially made to

activate a trap if the outside rim is even touched by something.

Tian Ya worked for hours, trying to unlock the five locks of the container. Now he

is almost done picking the last lock. Trying to keep his fingers from shaking, he

heard the last notch click into place. Cautiously, he began to turn the lock, wary of

the outside rim in case he set off the mechanism.

At that moment, the roof collapsed. Tian Ya stared in shock. He glanced up. A

wiry, well-dressed man has his arms around the Princess. Rumbles of rocks began

falling. Bricks and stones descended upon him as he tried to dodge out of the

way. A fateful pebble made its way down and hit his hand. He wavered, his tool

then touched outer rim of the lock.

Then came the end of the world.

The mechanism groaned. A giant force awakening from its long slumber. Tian Ya

hardly had the chance to swear before the floor underneath him opened its

massive jaws. The ground began splitting in halves. Swiftly, he turned the last

lock and reached in for the sword. He barely managed to strap it on before his

foot landed in thin air. The cold air rushed past him as he fell rapidly down. His

stomach lurched and he fell onto the bare stone floor. He groaned and stood up.

Tian Ya raised his glance. The man was shouting foreign words to the girl, his

arms locked around her waist. She struggled out of his grasp with a slash of her

sword. The man gave a cry of pain, his wrist dripped with red.

Tian Ya is fuming. That damned girl. He had almost made it out. It’s her fault he

landed in this trap in the first place. The girl yelled a sentence in Mongolian.

She then closed her eyes and jumped.

Tian Ya reasoned that she must be extremely desperate or extremely insane. He

strongly believed the latter. At first, before she caused the collapse, they were

one floor apart. Now that the floor he was standing on broke apart, there is now

a good 60 feet distance between them.

Tian Ya watched as she fell. Most men, not willing to waste such a beauty, would

have caught her gallantly in their arms. Unfortunately for her, Tian Ya is not

among them. Furthermore, she is the cause of this predicament in the first place.

By chance, her sword scraped across the stonewall, creating friction and slowing

her fall. Had it not been so, the chamber would most likely been her final resting

place. She tumbled down and fell, her eyes closed.

Tian Ya debated whether to kill her or inspect to see if the fall was fatal first. Then

kill her. Her fall is not a moment too soon. For immediately after, iron bars closed

them in. Tian Ya swore savagely and approached the girl. She stirred and

mumbled in Mongolian, most likely an unladylike word. She struggled to stand and

failed miserably, sinking back down.

“Don’t even try.” Tian Ya sneered, “With that fall, there’s bound to be some

broken bones.”

The girl ignored him and continued her noble quest to stand up. Tian Ya

shrugged. He couldn’t care less.

However, when she is about to fall again, Tian Ya’s arm went around her waist

and held her up. He wondered why his arm acted on impulse. Perhaps it’s

because of those training sessions with Ao Xue. He had always caught her when

she fell.

Now he’s actually holding a Princess in his arms. He hesitated, at loss on what to

do.

“Errr…” he managed intelligently.

She tried to shake free of his grasps. Tian Ya stated calmly, “It’s your funeral.”

Without warning, he suddenly released her. She plummeted down to the stone

floor with a thump. Tian Ya wondered if she understood him. He could have sworn

she was speaking Chinese to her men before.

He struggled to think of a possible reason that he didn’t kill her. Perhaps it’s the

look in her eyes. In there he found something he didn’t expect to find in such an

arrogant girl. Vulnerability. All the more reason to swear. The scent of her

perfume still lingered in his arms.

He knelt beside her. “You know.” He mocked, “While everyone has the right to

behave stupidly once in a while, you certainly abused that privilege.”

She continued to believe that silence is golden. For she continued to turn her

head away from him. He does not want to continue his monologue and does not

want to try. So he turned away. Let the stubborn girl do what she wants. He

doesn’t intend to spend the rest of his life here. Especially not with her.

Xin Er’s head echoed with De Kun’s last words before she jumped. “You never

knew your mother, did you, Princess?” She had not been prepared to jump,

seeing the distance of her fall. It’s the next words he spoke that changed her

mind. It now haunted her restlessly. “That’s not all I know.” He laughed, pleased

to have cornered her. “I also know that you do not remember a single detail of

your life before the age of six. Am I right?” Her heart had been beating so loudly

she was sure the whole sect had been able to hear it. He knew. He knew about

her worst fear. If so, then what else does he know? The tiger read her thoughts.

“I also know something you don’t Princess.” He offered. He then said something

that turned her thoughts inside out.

“Your mother was a Chinese woman.”

The words seem like a curse. Repeating themselves over and over again in her

mind, refusing to leave her thoughts. She shook her head. There is no reason to

believe what he said. After all, it’s high likely that he could have lied. Yet the

words kept nagging at the back of her head. It’s not impossible, she unwillingly

admitted. That would provide a good explanation for her looks. She had always

been an alien among children of her own status, with her pale complexion and

figure. She had always seemed to thinner by comparison. She fought back those

thoughts. She’s a Princess, pure of blood. The skin is due to the fact that she

spent little time in the Sun. Unfortunately, a nasty reasonable side of her argued

back. Saying that the girls she was compared to spent even less time from her

residences. They are probably unaware of what a horse is. The willowy frame is

because she ate little. “Compared to the burly guards you’re forced by your father

to bring along.” Her traitorous thoughts declared.

“Stop it!” she screamed out. “I am not listening.”

Duan Tian Ya’s lifted brow snapped her back to reality. She immediately

remembered her situation. “What a relief.” She reminded herself sarcastically, “I

am still stuck in the trap with a manic killer.” She studied him. He does not seem

mad. Just seems more like a boy than a man. An arrogant, mocking, and

good-looking boy. But still…just a boy. Her mind dug up the stories she had heard

of him. She suspected most are legends. Then again, all legends are born out of

truths. She has serious doubts that he can wipe out a sect that has been

established for two hundred years by himself at the age of sixteen in a matter of

days. But as she looked into those fire-ice pools of depth, she realized the truth.

Yes, yes he can.

She must have drifted. For he was saying something. “…about you.” He finished.

She bit back her words of insult, determined not to speak Chinese ever again. It

makes her feel better-not speaking, as if it denied the conversation with De Kun

itself. However, she feels bottled up, not countering his ridicules. I’ll die if I have

to, she thought stubbornly, no Chinese words will cross my lips again. She

decided to say her insults in Mongolian, knowing he won’t be able to understand.

“Arrogant, conceited jerk who’s so full of yourself, didn’t your mother teach you any manners at all?”

He knelt down beside her and flashed a dangerous smile. “I’ve decided to take that as a compliment. Now, let’s discuss your punishment if you dare say that again, shall we?”

[To be continued...]

Hehe...I like how this story is going so far...There's quite of bit of grammar mistakes, but nothing overly distracting. Besides, grammar mistakes are easily fixed. The story itself is engaging. Keep at it!